Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,657 members, 7,951,754 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:34 PM

Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. (3449 Views)

70 Years After: Nagasaki And Hiroshima Attack.(photos). / Putting Lagos State In The Shoes Of Hiroshima And Nagasaki. / Japan Marks Nagasaki Anniversary US Atomic Bomb1945 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by honeric01(m): 3:54pm On Oct 22, 2010
Βουκέφαλος:

I dont agree with you, even if the japanese got information that they were going to be attacked by the US, they did not declare war before they attacked pearl harbour, which means they started they war with the US and civilains died too in the pear harbour attack, NAGASAKI and HIROSIMA had to be bombed in other to force japan to surrender, they had no choice, many soldiers were dying trying to enter the japanese homeland and the fastest way to end the war was to use the bomb, After Hiroshima was bombed, The us president made a speech and asked japen to surrender or more bombs will be dropped, and since they did not,Nagasaki was bombed too, so had it been they surrendered on time they losses wouldnt be that much

Pearl Harbor is MOSTLY for military personnel, go and do your own research, if Americans weren't preparing to attack japan in the first place, why was it so fast their response after the bombing of pearl harbor? the only 2 planes that made it out of pearl harbors were the same jets that discharged the bombs, AMERICANS WERE ALREADY PREPARED TO GO BOMB JAPAN, all Japan wanted to do was to stop the attack from happening hence the target of the military base.

please bro, go and read about this issue, there's no reason you should defend the Americans for bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by honeric01(m): 4:00pm On Oct 22, 2010
violent:

You LIED, you no absolutely nothing on the attack on Pearl Harbor!!!!!!!

In 1940, following Japan's invasion of French Indochina, the United States halted shipments of airplanes, parts, machine tools, and aviation gasoline, which was perceived by Japan as an unfriendly act.

The U.S. did not stop oil exports to Japan at that time in part because prevailing sentiment in Washington was that such an action would be an extreme step, given Japanese dependence on U.S. oil and likely to be considered a provocation by Japan, , however,  the U.S. ceased oil exports to Japan in July 1941, in part because of new American restrictions on domestic oil consumption.

The naval strike was intended to neutralize the U.S. Pacific Fleet, and hence protect Japan's advance into Malaya and the Dutch East Indies, where Japan sought access to natural resources such as oil and rubber

America had no such plan of attacking Japan!. . .you should actually read up on stuff!. . .Japan attacked US cos of greed, there is no reason why US shouldn't return the favour

you are the one typing fallacies here bro, except you read books written by pro-Americans, then I'd see reasons with you, if you can get a hand on any videos/documentary/books from a neutral writer/producer about "pearl harbor", please do, don't read anything from wiki to defend yourself please.

the documentaries i watched were made by survivors from both America/Japan, people in their 70s/80s and 90s, they narrated their part in the conflicts, 2 of them were actually among the persons that flew the jets from each sides (bomb). you said greed? hehehehe, man you surely do not know why the attack started in the 1st place, both countries didn't know whose side they were, so no one trusted each-other, they both wanted to defend themselves and the smartest got information about the other trying to attack first.

The Americans were the ones that planned attack, but the Japanese reacted first by bombing the military frontier, why the Americans instead went ahead to bomb the civilians, they bypassed the Japanese frontier, flew straight to the cities. do yourself a favor, read up the rest with a neutral mindset.

Thank you.
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by violent(m): 4:01pm On Oct 22, 2010
honeric01:

Pearl Harbor is MOSTLY for military personnel, go and do your own research, if Americans weren't preparing to attack japan in the first place, why was it so fast their response after the bombing of pearl harbor? the only 2 planes that made it out of pearl harbors were the same jets that discharged the bombs, AMERICANS WERE ALREADY PREPARED TO GO BOMB JAPAN, all Japan wanted to do was to stop the attack from happening hence the target of the military base.

please bro, go and read about this issue, there's no reason you should defend the Americans for bombing Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

you are soooooo ignorant of the world war 2, you should stop spreading unfounded information, it only takes 2 minutes to check stuff on google.

The attack on Pearl Harbor happened in 1941, America did not attack Hiroshima till 1945, where, for pete's sake did you sight two planes going out of pearl harbor?

The attack on Pearl Harbor was unprovoked and  even Japan minster was quoted saying "We won a great victory at Pearl Harbor and because of that we lost the war"

Pearl Harbor was not in the state of high alert when the attack started, Anti-Aircraft guns were unmanned.
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by violent(m): 4:07pm On Oct 22, 2010

The Americans were the ones that planned attack, but the Japanese reacted first by bombing the military frontier, why the Americans instead went ahead to bomb the civilians, they bypassed the Japanese frontier, flew straight to the cities. do yourself a favor, read up the rest with a neutral mindset.

I haven't heard anything as false since the idea that the earth was flat!

do you have any link to any website, blogs, history page, videos, podcast, books, that you use to confirm this story?
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by honeric01(m): 4:11pm On Oct 22, 2010
violent:

you are soooooo ignorant of the world war 2, you should stop spreading unfounded information, it only takes 2 minutes to check stuff on google.

The attack on Pearl Harbor happened in 1941, America did not attack Hiroshima till 1945, where, for pete's sake did you sight two planes going out of pearl harbor?

The attack on Pearl Harbor was unprovoked and  even Japan minster was quoted saying "We won a great victory at Pearl Harbor and because of that we lost the war"

Pearl Harbor was not in the state of high alert when the attack started, Anti-Aircraft guns were unmanned.

Yes, when i said swift, in your book, you thought i meant the next day right?

the two plan i mentioned, that equals the 2 planes, not that they left same day mr man.

You are asking me silly questions, were you at the military base when the harbor was being attacked? how did you know theirs anti-aircraft guns were unmanned? too much of American movies abi? you obviously watched the American pearl harbor movie abi?

why would a millitary base not be in a state of high alert in the middle of war? undecided answer yourself.
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by honeric01(m): 4:14pm On Oct 22, 2010
violent:

I haven't heard anything as false since the idea that the earth was flat!

do you have any link to any website, blogs, history page, videos, podcast, books, that you use to confirm this story?

Trying to remember the name of the producer (the documentary), why i do that, help yourself

http://www.doug-long.com/
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by honeric01(m): 4:19pm On Oct 22, 2010
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 22, 2010
violent:

Thnaks jare,
 America NEVER wanted to fight ww2 they did not even wants to be involved at all and they tried to settle their problems with japan before the attack on pearl harbour, When the american generals noticed that japanese military were die hards, they had to choice but he force them to surrender by the bomb, it was a neccesarry step,

honeric01:

are u saying that americans were prepared to bomb japan with the atomic bomb before they  were attacked at pear harbour?? the bomb wasnt even made then and go and check ur history well, The attack was intended as a preventive action in order to keep the U.S. Pacific Fleet from influencing the war that the Empire of Japan was planning in Southeast Asia, against Britain and the Netherlands, as well as the U.S. in the Philippines
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by honeric01(m): 4:25pm On Oct 22, 2010
Βουκέφαλος:

Thnaks jare,
 America NEVER wanted to fight ww2 they did not even wants to be involved at all and they tried to settle their problems with japan before the attack on pearl harbour, When the american generals noticed that japanese military were die hards, they had to choice but he force them to surrender by the bomb, it was a neccesarry step,

are u saying that americans were prepared to bomb japan with the atomic bomb before they  were attacked at pear harbour?? the bomb wasnt even made then and go and check your history well, The attack was intended as a preventive action in order to keep the U.S. Pacific Fleet from influencing the war that the Empire of Japan was planning in Southeast Asia, against Britain and the Netherlands, as well as the U.S. in the Philippines

Go and read from all these links i sent, few of them support the motion i raised about America wanting to use the atomic bomb on the Japanese people with or without them surrendering in the war.

one major reason Japan attacked pearl harbor (due to the information they heard as at then that America set up that camp to attack them).

The attack was intended as a preventive action in order to keep the U.S. Pacific Fleet from influencing the war that the Empire of Japan was planning in Southeast Asia, against Britain and the Netherlands, as well as the U.S. in the Philippines. The base was attacked by Japanese aircraft (a total of 353, in two waves) launched from six aircraft carriers.[7]

Four U.S. Navy battleships were sunk (two of which were raised and returned to service later in the war) and all of the four other battleships present were damaged. The Japanese also sank or damaged three cruisers, three destroyers, an anti-aircraft training ship[8] and one minelayer. 188 U.S. aircraft were destroyed, 2,402 personnel were killed[9] and 1,282 were wounded. The power station, shipyard, maintenance, and fuel and torpedo storage facilities, as well as the submarine piers and headquarters building (also home of the intelligence section) were not attacked.
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 22, 2010
honeric01:

Go and read from all these links i sent, few of them support the motion i raised about America wanting to use the atomic bomb on the Japanese people with or without them surrendering in the war.

one major reason Japan attacked pearl harbor (due to the information they heard as at then that America set up that camp to attack them).

The attack was intended as a preventive action in order to keep the U.S. Pacific Fleet from influencing the war that the Empire of Japan was planning in Southeast Asia, against Britain and the Netherlands, as well as the U.S. in the Philippines. The base was attacked by Japanese aircraft (a total of 353, in two waves) launched from six aircraft carriers.[7]

Four U.S. Navy battleships were sunk (two of which were raised and returned to service later in the war) and all of the four other battleships present were damaged. The Japanese also sank or damaged three cruisers, three destroyers, an anti-aircraft training ship[8] and one minelayer. 188 U.S. aircraft were destroyed, 2,402 personnel were killed[9] and 1,282 were wounded. The power station, shipyard, maintenance, and fuel and torpedo storage facilities, as well as the submarine piers and headquarters building (also home of the intelligence section) were not attacked.

If what you say is right, then why didnt Japan declare war on the US before they attacked?
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by honeric01(m): 4:31pm On Oct 22, 2010
Βουκέφαλος:

If what you say is right, then why didnt Japan declare war on the US before they attacked?

Declare war in the middle of a war? undecided

anyways, bro, can't continue, gtg offline, maybe later, i will come and add more info.
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by violent(m): 4:34pm On Oct 22, 2010
honeric01:

help yourself

http://www.nuclearfiles.org/menu/key-issues/nuclear-weapons/history/pre-cold-war/hiroshima-nagasaki/decision-drop-bomb-chronology.htm

http://www.doug-long.com/hiroshim.htm

http://www.eyewitnesstohistory.com/vohiroshima.htm

http://history1900s.about.com/od/worldwarii/a/hiroshima.htm

http://www.cfo.doe.gov/me70/manhattan/hiroshima.htm

These are all links to explain the why and how America attacked Hiroshima and Nagasaki with Ariel atomic bombs, none of the links gave account of what happened at Pearl harbor and why Japan attacked America.

The attack was intended as a preventive action in order to keep the U.S. Pacific Fleet from influencing the war

In other words, If i am having a fight with man A, and man A is friends with a huge well built man B, however, man B has remained neutral in our fights all along, you think it's justifiable for me to go to his house and kill all his kids just to keep him from influencing who wins the fight between man A and I?

and then man B became sooo angry, and he spent three years planning on how to get his pound of flesh, if he comes over and he wipes out the better half of my family, you think he's gone too far?

let me put it better, Just because Nigeria is an ally of Ghana, and Togo is at war with Ghana, do you suppose it's a right thing for Togo to send drones to military base in Kano just because they'd like to prevent Nigeria from helping Ghana? {i.e even though Nigeria has been neutral all along}

If Nigeria turns back and wipes out Togo, you feel Nigeria should be labelled a terrorist?. . .common, lets be reasonable!
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by tpia5: 4:35pm On Oct 22, 2010
it was the worst of times.
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Oct 22, 2010
honeric01:

Declare war in the middle of a war? undecided

anyways, bro, can't continue, gtg offline, maybe later, i will come and add more info.

now i see that you dont even understand anything about the events of world war 2,
United states was not participating in the war UNTIL japan attacked pearl harbour, even churchill(British PM)couldnt convince the us president to Join the war until that pearl harbour attack,
So for japan to attack them they should have decalared war on the us before they try to use any military action, there are treaty commitments those days so you cant just stand up and attack any country you want, and if you dont  know too, Japan doesnt have armed forces anymore till this days because of that foo.lish  method they used, so they cant fight any war anymore till the kingdom comes
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by honeric01(m): 10:32pm On Oct 22, 2010
violent:

These are all links to explain the why and how America attacked Hiroshima and Nagasaki with Ariel atomic bombs, none of the links gave account of what happened at Pearl harbor and why Japan attacked America.

In other words, If i am having a fight with man A, and man A is friends with a huge well built man B, however, man B has remained neutral in our fights all along, you think it's justifiable for me to go to his house and kill all his kids just to keep him from influencing who wins the fight between man A and I?

and then man B became sooo angry, and he spent three years planning on how to get his pound of flesh, if he comes over and he wipes out the better half of my family, you think he's gone too far?

let me put it better, Just because Nigeria is an ally of Ghana, and Togo is at war with Ghana, do you suppose it's a right thing for Togo to send drones to military base in Kano just because they'd like to prevent Nigeria from helping Ghana? {i.e even though Nigeria has been neutral all along}

If Nigeria turns back and wipes out Togo, you feel Nigeria should be labelled a terrorist?. . .common, lets be reasonable!

Hehehehe, see analogy, that's what you were able to deduct from the whole article? holy moly mother of zeus grin

Pearl Harbor was specially set up facing Asia, were you expecting America to announce to the whole world why pearl harbor was set up in a strategic place adjacent to Asia? if you read through some of the links (that's if you even read any), you'd read where the "camp" was setup to influence the rifts between Japan and the rest of Asia, it was to aide those who America supported at that time which was a security threat to Japan (you won't understand what military intelligence is all about).
Why did Japan blow only the harbor and not the mainland US? why only pearl harbor and not other camps? have you bothered to ask yourself?

like i said, i don't want to bother disturbing myself trying to explain things to you since you are so bias towards America, just do the research yourself with a "NEUTRAL" mind.

Βουκέφαλος:

now i see that you dont even understand anything about the events of world war 2,
United states was not participating in the war UNTIL japan attacked pearl harbour, even churchill(British PM)couldnt convince the us president to Join the war until that pearl harbour attack,
So for japan to attack them they should have decalared war on the us before they try to use any military action, there are treaty commitments those days so you cant just stand up and attack any country you want, and if you dont  know too, Japan doesnt have armed forces anymore till this days because of that foo.lish  method they used, so they cant fight any war anymore till the kingdom comes

bro, get a mind of your own and stop jumping on the bandwagon, it does not make you more clever.

Can you please tell us why and where pearl harbor is located?

i don't want to continue in cycles with you, just do the research yourself, it won't make me more clever, rather it will make you more clever.
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by violent(m): 12:21am On Oct 23, 2010
I am actually going to stop dragging this issue any further with you cos it seem to me that you are one of those folks who aren't bothered to do basic research and would rather continue spewing wrong baseless facts.

^^^^
Here is the independent view you asked for

September 1940. The U.S. placed an embargo on Japan by prohibiting exports of steel, scrap iron, and aviation fuel to Japan, due to Japan's takeover of northern French Indochina.

April 1941. The Japanese signed a neutrality treaty with the Soviet Union to help in a case of an attack while expanding its territory nicely throughout  Southeast Asia.

June 1941-July 1941. Japan conquered and occupied southern Indochina. Two days later, the U.S stopped exporting oil to Japan.

Toward the end of 1941:  With the Soviets seemingly on the verge of defeat by the Axis powers, Japan seized the opportunity to try to take the oil resources of Southeast Asia. The U.S president wanted to stop Japanese expansion but the American people were not willing to go to war.

After becoming Japan's premier in mid-October, General Tojo Hideki secretly set November 29 as the last day on which Japan would accept a settlement without war, the Japanese military was asked to devise a war plan.

They proposed to sweep into Burma, Malaya, the East Indies, and the Philippines, in addition to establishing a defensive perimeter in the central and southwest Pacific.

Their greatest concern was that the U.S. Pacific Fleet, based in Pearl Harbor could foil their plans. As insurance, the Japanese navy devised an absolutely genius plan, to wipe out the entire American Navy in one blow, after which it would have been able to advance unopposed through the far east.

A hiccup occurred however. While the Japanese destroyed most of America's heavy combat vessels at Battleship Row at Pearl Harbor, the USA's carrier fleet was out at sea on maneuvers. The survival of the carriers enabled America to fight back, and hold the Japanese up long enough for military mobilization back home to take place, and more ships and men to be sent out the the pacific.
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by honeric01(m): 12:44am On Oct 23, 2010
^^^^^

These simple acts should have made you know that both countries were hostile to eachother and knew they weren't friends.

These i have tried to push into your brains that America in the first place actually dedicated pearl Harbor for their Asia threat which happened to be Japan at that time, you just wouldn't see that, will you?

Why did Japan attack just the Harbor and not mainland or other parts of the US?

it's late in the night, i can't continue with you, just stick to your part of the story while i stick to mine, don't call mine wrong because they are different from yours, i got my info from my own source which i provided part of them to you. anyways good day/night.
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by udezue(m): 1:07am On Oct 23, 2010
The last time I checked the Japs threw the 1st punch not the Americans. The last I checked Japs sent 50 million Chinese to their grave so why don't we talk about them? Hiroshima and Nagasaki was a heavy price to pay for the belligerence against other nations who were not asking them for a fight.
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by bookface: 7:57am On Oct 23, 2010
honeric01:

^^^^^

These simple acts should have made you know that both countries were hostile to eachother and knew they weren't friends.

These i have tried to push into your brains that America in the first place actually dedicated pearl Harbor for their Asia threat which happened to be Japan at that time, you just wouldn't see that, will you?

Why did Japan attack just the Harbor and not mainland or other parts of the US?

it's late in the night, i can't continue with you, just stick to your part of the story while i stick to mine, don't call mine wrong because they are different from yours, i got my info from my own source which i provided part of them to you. anyways good day/night.

You are simply arguing blindly.

The fact that they weren't friends does not necessarily mean that Japan has a moral justification to attack while peace terms were being negotiated, its the worst form of cowardice.

Pearl Harbor is located in Hawaii which is the southernmost state of the United States, and it was set up to give US an advantage in any case they wish to join the war

Japan attacked the harbor and not the mainlands because the Harbor is where America's biggest naval fleet reside, America poses economic threat to Japan, YES, but Japan started off the military action which led to thousands of American naval officers.

It is only unfair to blame America for attacking Hiroshima and Nagasaki
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by hercules07: 2:23pm On Oct 23, 2010
There is no defense for Pearl Harbor as there is no defense for Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the Americans could have dropped the bombs in the pacific ocean close to Japan to warn them of what they could do if they do not surrender.
Killing Civilians in any war can not be justified.
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by revolt(m): 8:06pm On Oct 23, 2010
I wonder too. The power of media.
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 25, 2010
bookface:

You are simply arguing blindly.
The fact that they weren't friends does not necessarily mean that Japan has a moral justification to attack while peace terms were being negotiated, its the worst form of cowardice.
Pearl Harbor is located in Hawaii which is the southernmost state of the United States, and it was set up to give US an advantage in any case they wish to join the war
Japan attacked the harbor and not the mainlands because the Harbor is where America's biggest naval fleet reside, America poses economic threat to Japan, YES, but Japan started off the military action which led to thousands of American naval officers.
It is only unfair to blame America for attacking Hiroshima and Nagasaki

Well the truth is that pearl harbour was a military installation and thus a legtimate target in case of outbreak of hostilities.
We should blame the yanks for  the Tokyo firebombing and levelling Hiroshima and Nagasaki with atomic bombs as that was simply a gruesome crime against humanity.
They could for instance have opened up negotiations with the Japs as at that moment in time Japan's position was militarily hopeless. Maybe then US President Hoover  was blinded by pure hate  for the Japs as well as influenced by the desire to give the Russians a demonstration of American military power.
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 25, 2010
You guys need to do more on history. Specifically the situation after ww1 (with the signing of the Treaty of Versailles which unwittingly guaranteed another round of armed conflict; the end of an old world order and the rise of a new one), then you will understand the issues that gave birth to ww2; the reluctance of America to join ww2 despite sending materiel support to the allied side (note: some americans were already fighting alongside British troops) and their subsequent full involvement in it (after pearl harbor). Then maybe you will begin to understand that the events at Hiroshima and Nagasaki happened not only to put a decisive end to the war but also to establish the American military might and supremacy over all other major powers at that time thereby announcing that they intend to take over the role of world sole major power thus leading to the rise of a new world order: Pax Americana.
Just my two cents.

@topic. In war there is no prize for runners up. But i think wars should be fought within the guideline of laws of war, but there were no guidelines about the usage of nuclear arms as at that time. Although nothing can justify the wiping out of so many people; the end they say justify the means.
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by shotster50(m): 2:45am On Oct 26, 2010
Wars are never meant to be fair. It is not a game of football where there are laid down principles of fair play. It is using everything within your means to defeat the enemy. Where in the history of man has there ever been a fair war??

The WW2 in Asia could have dragged on if the atomic weapon was not used. It worked in the favour of the allies.
I personally think Japan would have used the Atomic bomb first, if they had the technology back then.
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by Mariory(m): 3:10am On Oct 26, 2010
I always wonder about the human pysche everytime I hear people just go on and on about Nagasaki and Hiroshima. China alone lost some 7-16 million civilians due to the actions of Japan. And that's civilians alone not including military deaths. This doesn't even include the smaller countries of East Asia that were occupied by Japan whose civilians were subject to toture, slavery, starvation, etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Sino-Japanese_War

The death toll from both Atomic bombs combined doesn't even scrath 250,000 Japanese. While the atomic/nuclear weapons are horrible, let's put things in pespective.
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by auwal87(m): 10:06am On Oct 26, 2010
The World has not forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki.

Just watch the other medias (Non-Western) on August 6, you will see them remembering.

No one is remembering 9/11 outside the US just as none is remembering Hiroshima & Nagasaki Atomic bombings outside of Japan.
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 26, 2010
shotster50:

Wars are never meant to be fair. It is not a game of football where there are laid down principles of fair play. It is using everything within your means to defeat the enemy. Where in the history of man has there ever been a fair war??
The WW2 in Asia could have dragged on if the atomic weapon was not used. It worked in the favour of the allies.
I personally think Japan would have used the Atomic bomb first, if they had the technology back then.
Well there are laws and conventions governing warfare. Wars cannot and should not be transformed into campaigns of extermination. They are simply a violent means of effecting political change.
As a matter of fact, unrestrained warfare with wepons of mass destruction like atomic bombs would just lead to mass genoicide.
However on more practical grounds aas at the time the US launched its weapons the war was practically over as a strategic contest. The Hoover administration could for instance have initiated political negeotiations with the Japanese military government who were seeking a face-saving way out.
Re: Why Has The World Forgotten Hiroshima & Nagasaki While The Remember Sept 11. by armyofone(m): 6:12pm On Oct 26, 2010
and the best of time
wink

tpia@:

it was the worst of times.

(1) (2) (Reply)

ubu / Sambo Didnt Say FG Will Nail Corrupt Governor / How Policemen Kill Detainees And Sell Bodies To UNICAL Anatomy Department

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.