Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,539 members, 7,968,536 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 09:02 AM

SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos (9827 Views)

Court Stops ICPC, EFCC, SSS, Others From Arresting, Probing Kingsley Kuku / Police Discovers 19 Heavyweight Bombs In Adamawa, Foils Plans To Bomb Bridges / Boko Haram Plans To Use Mechanics, Car Wash Centers To Plant Bombs In Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by jason12345: 2:06am On Oct 27, 2010
EzeUche0:

Fulani herdsmen are still attacking Yorubas in their home states! I only seen OPC in action in Lagos. I might be ignorant of other OPC involvement though. . .  undecided

It has only been 1 year since the Ijaws attacked Lagos. With the Ijaws, there reach can be felt as far as Abuja. I do not think the Ijaws fear anyone. Trust me, we Easterners know the Ijaws. They do not care how big you are.

And yes many Igbos have been keeping weapons. Just ask the Igbos up North. If the Northern hordes try to take our property, we will meet them with AK-47s. . The African weapon of choice.

@ bolded  grin grin grin grin.

i also respect the ijaws and i think they respect the yorubas. its reciprocal. cool

while i was in nigeria, i heard an hausa man killed a yoruba man in kwara and opc went there to cause wahala. but as far as they leave the south (especially SW) out of their agenda. then no wahala grin.jk

but i know nothing must happen to GJ, if the north do not want wahala. even if it wasn't them that hurt him, the country will still hold them responsible because of ciroma's comments
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by na2day(m): 2:10am On Oct 27, 2010
Anyways sha,
This new development is really a source of concern, i doubt whether the security aparatus of the country will be able to unravel this development, we are still having problem with the october 1st bombing!
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Nobody: 2:11am On Oct 27, 2010
EzeUche0:

mikeansy,

Only a fool will say that the house is not on fire, when it clearly is on fire. Instead of telling us to get some water, you are saying thins will be fine. Nigeria still looks through ethnic lens. Why do you think the Northerner politicians are acting that way.

As they say in America, "wake up in smell the coffee."

The house is certainly on fire but not the way you think.

This is purely lazy Nigerian politicians stockpiling weapons instead of telling us their policies. They want to shoot their way to victory and this ugly behaviour is prevalent in the South with Governors elections.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Osama10(m): 2:14am On Oct 27, 2010
I bet you the security agents knows everything about the October 1 bombings, the problem they have is the will to prosecute the real culprits.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by na2day(m): 2:16am On Oct 27, 2010
What do you think artillery shells are used for?
Anybody?
Its Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs)
Sometimes car bombs!
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/intro/ied-packaged.htm
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by chyz1: 2:35am On Oct 27, 2010
jason12345:

@ bolded  grin grin grin grin.

i also respect the ijaws and i think they respect the yorubas. its reciprocal. cool

while i was in nigeri[b]a, i heard an hausa man killed a yoruba man in kwara and opc went there to cause wahala[/b]. but as far as they leave the south (especially SW) out of their agenda. then no wahala grin.jk

but i know nothing must happen to GJ, if the north do not want wahala. even if it wasn't them that hurt him, the country will still hold them responsible because of ciroma's comments

Kwara was a dead end for OPC. Kwaras hausa-fulani government had them slaughtered.But as far as the core SW areas the hausas could stand a chance and i think they know it. Yorubas don't respect the ijaws at all.That I know from experience. Like i said earlier the US put up a red alert on nigeria about a couple weeks ago and on top of that Israel cancelled till further notice pilgramage trips from nigeria, these to countries have some type of info that says something is about to go down.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by chyz1: 2:38am On Oct 27, 2010
EzeUche0:

Fulani herdsmen are still attacking Yorubas in their home states! I only seen OPC in action in Lagos. I might be ignorant of other OPC involvement though. . .  undecided

It has only been 1 year since the Ijaws attacked Lagos. With the Ijaws, there reach can be felt as far as Abuja. I do not think the Ijaws fear anyone. Trust me, we Easterners know the Ijaws. They do not care how big you are.

And yes many Igbos have been keeping weapons. Just ask the Igbos up North. If the Northern hordes try to take our property, we will meet them with AK-47s. . The African weapon of choice.

It's true, I know some grin.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by na2day(m): 2:58am On Oct 27, 2010
If it is investigated and found to be true that the weapons really came from Iran, the government should break ties with the country ASAP, Iran is a closed country where the government monitors every aspect of life and there is no way a ship laden with weapons will leave Tehran without the knowledge and sanction Of Ahmedinajad!
Iran according to their antecedence have been setting fire to many countries that are pro-America, infact according to the recent leak by wikileak, they played a major role in the bloody sectarian killing that engulfed Iraq in 2006 where tens of thousands died.
Fellow Nigerians don't let us play into the hands of those whose interest is in our destruction angry
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by chyz1: 3:13am On Oct 27, 2010
na2day!:

If it is investigated and found to be true that the weapons really came from Iran, the government should break ties with the country ASAP, Iran is a closed country where the government monitors every aspect of life and there is no way a ship laden with weapons will leave Tehran without the knowledge and sanction Of Ahmedinajad!
Iran according to their antecedence have been setting fire to many countries that are pro-America, infact according to the recent leak by wikileak, they played a major role in the bloody sectarian killing that engulfed Iraq in 2006 where tens of thousands died.
Fellow Nigerians don't let us play into the hands of those whose interest is in our destruction  angry

You cannot deem everybody who is not with the US as bad. You should never think that "because the US say they are terrorist and evil then it is true". Don't forget that Nigeria was label the same way until we bowed down like subordinates and accepted what the US told us to. The whole Iran thing might just be propaganda use to support the deployment of US security to the niger delta area. Look how quick the name "IRAN" has whipped up sentiment with you. Don't forget the prediction of 2015, things are planned to the T. The point is who was suppose to be the retriever of the containers.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Nobody: 3:19am On Oct 27, 2010
Civil war? hmm ok oh

Just give us the money the yoruba community is asking for. . . . we'll use that and more to prepare ourselves.

But I hope it doesn't come to that. So Nigeria is now a terrorist nation? From Yemen to Iran? We should prolly seek more infor from Abdutallab. grin
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Beaf: 3:26am On Oct 27, 2010
The brand of Islam practised in Nigeria is Sunni. Unfortunately, Al Qaeda is also Sunni; Nigeria has terrorist groups affiliated with Al Qaeda in North Africa.

Al Qaeda groups will never recieve arms from Iran, in fact Iran see's Al Qaeda as a mortal enemy. However, Boko haram and Maitatsine cults in Nigeria practice Shiite Islam (the same as Iran shocked).

Nigerian politicians in the core North see the employment of shocking acts of violence as a short term route to gaining the upper hand; but this time, the omens portend a very dark future. I only foresee the core North dissolving into a sharia, Somali like cesspit when groups like Al Qaeda in North Africa (which sees the core North as its territory) begin to see the arming of shiite groups (Boko haram and Maitatsine cults) to sophisticated levels as an afront that deserves violent reactions.

Time to erect a wall to separate Southern Kaduna, Plateau, areas in Bauchi etc. Let us be onlookers, not partakers.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by jamace(m): 4:10am On Oct 27, 2010
The discovery of weapons in our port is not a joking matter. This issue should be of paramount interest to all Nigerians and GEJ in particular.

The way it is now, it is clear our leaders have gotten second homes abroad to flee to incase of "Area scatter". But I'm sure the masses have learnt from previous war and other crises to reject being used by our leaders as cannon feeders.

While I may not want to point accusing fingers at any group with regards to this importation of arms into this country, the threatening utterances of people like Ciroma and other Northern elements must not be waved aside.

Like some one said, I believe our security agencies know who the importers are but lack the will/gut to deal with such crookedly intimidating personalities.

Uncle GEJ must not spare any security chief found to be concealing information from him and in any way aiding and abbetting those who wants to tear Nigeria apart in an inglorious manner.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by gadogado(m): 4:20am On Oct 27, 2010
Beaf:

The brand of Islam practised in Nigeria is Sunni. Unfortunately, Al Qaeda is also Sunni; Nigeria has terrorist groups affiliated with Al Qaeda in North Africa.

Al Qaeda groups will never recieve arms from Iran, in fact Iran see's Al Qaeda as a mortal enemy. However, Boko haram and Maitatsine cults in Nigeria practice Shiite Islam (the same as Iran shocked).

Nigerian politicians in the core North see the employment of shocking acts of violence as a short term route to gaining the upper hand; but this time, the omens portend a very dark future. I only foresee the core North dissolving into a sharia, Somali like cesspit when groups like Al Qaeda in North Africa (which sees the core North as its territory) begin to see the arming of shiite groups (Boko haram and Maitatsine cults) to sophisticated levels as an afront that deserves violent reactions.

Time to erect a wall to separate Southern Kaduna, Plateau, areas in Bauchi etc. Let us be onlookers, not partaker

See Beaf, you're ignorant and you come to NL to spew donkey Poo Points of correction

Boko Haram is not a shiite group, they're Sunni 100%
The only Shiite group in Northern Nigeria are the followers of Sheikh El Zakzaky and their base is in Zaria
You have pockets of Shiites in Kano, Sunnis dominate Nigeria by no small measure
Also, In Kano and Bauchi, you have Darikas or Sufis, who follow the teachings of sufi mystics like Tijjani and Abdul Qadr, hence their groups are called Tijjaniya and Qadiriya. You find quite a bit of them in Kano.
Politically from top to bottom, Sunnis are by far the majority. Maitetsine followers were sunnis not Shiites.

Heres a link to Nigerian sufi's practicing their brand of Islamic mysticism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0NfPWMOAJk

Don't say things you don't know please, I know you like to assume you know everything but you dont at all especially in the case of Northern Nigeria, from your posts and many others on NL, you're completely clueless. Don't peddle rubbish, double check your facts, dont just write what you think in your head.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by na2day(m): 4:34am On Oct 27, 2010
Beaf:

Time to erect a wall to separate Southern Kaduna, Plateau, areas in Bauchi etc. Let us be onlookers, not partakers.

The line is not as clear as what u put forward above i.e. Shiite and Sunni, i'm not anti-Muslim, i'm just putting forward the role of Iran in destabilizing regions, especially where america is seen operating! yesterday it was in the news that Iran has been secretly funding the government of Afghanistan, Hamid Kazai reluctantly admitted this. Is Hamid Kazai a shiite? No, he was a sunni from Pashtun tribe of Afghanistan!
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by jason12345: 4:54am On Oct 27, 2010
i repeat, nothing must happen to GJ. if anything happens to him, the northern leaders (ciroma and co) will be held responsible for anything that follows. angry

they think they can just bully him because he from a "minority".

even if it was not them, the country will still hold them responsible!!! angry angry angry
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by EzeUche0(m): 5:02am On Oct 27, 2010
jason12345:

i repeat, nothing must happen to GJ. if anything happens to him, the northern leaders (ciroma and co) will be held responsible for anything that follows. angry

they think they can just bully him because he from a "minority".

even if it was not them, the country will still hold them responsible!!! angry angry angry

Will you fight? grin

Will your people fight? grin

I will wait to see.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by jason12345: 5:08am On Oct 27, 2010
EzeUche0:

Will you fight? grin

Will your people fight? grin

I will wait to see.

there is nothing like "will you or your people fight".

we are trying to protect the very basic right of a citizen in a country whether yoruba,igbo or hausa "the right to vote and be voted for". angry .

you cannot just discard him because he is from a "minority" NO, ITS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by EzeUche0(m): 5:17am On Oct 27, 2010
jason12345:

there is nothing like "will you or your people fight".

we are trying to protect the very basic right of a citizen in a country whether yoruba,igbo or hausa "the right to vote and be voted for". angry .

you cannot just discard him because he is from a "minority" NO, ITS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

But will you fight for that right? That is the question I must ask.

Or will you blow smoke like the rest of your people did during the Abiola saga?
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by chyz1: 5:21am On Oct 27, 2010
EzeUche0:

Uche go 'head bro, we don't need another tribal cyber war.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by jason12345: 5:22am On Oct 27, 2010
EzeUche0:

i'm not a leader or a representative of my people, so, i cannot tell them what to do

as for me, all i can do is to condemn injustice and let people know whats going on
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by jason12345: 5:23am On Oct 27, 2010
chyz1:

exactly!!!

i will not support injustice no matter what happens!!!
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Onlytruth(m): 5:25am On Oct 27, 2010
EzeUche0:

I think it is a fair question to ask. Though I know the answer already.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by EzeUche0(m): 5:26am On Oct 27, 2010
chyz1:

I am just asking a harmless question.  grin

I just find it funny when a Yoruba or Itsekiri whatever he is say defend their rights. And use such rhetoric. I have been waiting for Oduduwa to stand up for something.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by jason12345: 5:32am On Oct 27, 2010
EzeUche0:

I just find it funny when a Yoruba or Itsekiri whatever he is say defend their rights. And use such rhetoric. I have been waiting for Oduduwa to stand up for something.

i have respected you and i can see you don't deserve it.

in the grand scheme of things what are you doing>>> just staring at your laptop waiting for a war that will kill millions of people to happen while you are in the US.

ode, you no get sense. angry angry angry. atleast, i'm doing something meaningful>>> i'm trying to bridge the yoruba-igbo gap and preventing a war
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by redsun(m): 5:34am On Oct 27, 2010
Nigerian irresponsible govenance is a breeding ground for catastophe.absolute anarchy is just a matter of time if animals like atiku,ibb,obj and co still ve d guts to vie for public offices in nigeria.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by jason12345: 5:36am On Oct 27, 2010
redsun:

Nigerian irresponsible govenance is a breeding ground for catastophe.absolute anarchy is just a matter of time if animals like atiku,ibb,obj and co still ve d guts to vie for public offices in nigeria.

GBAM
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Nobody: 5:36am On Oct 27, 2010
EzeUche0:

I think I wont be going home for the holidays.  undecided
EzeUche0:

Yep. . . . Lagos oh, Abia ni o. You're just an internet warrior. end of.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by EzeUche0(m): 5:37am On Oct 27, 2010
jason12345:

i have respected you and i can see you don't deserve it.

in the grand scheme of things what are you doing>>> just staring at your laptop waiting for a war that will kill millions of people to happen while you are in the US.

ode, you no get sense. angry angry angry. atleast, i'm doing something meaningful>>> i'm trying to bridge the yoruba-igbo gap and preventing a war

And what are you doing?

My main concern is making sure I am prosperous so I can improve my town. I could care less what happens in the rest of Naija. Not my concern
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by EzeUche0(m): 5:37am On Oct 27, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Yep. . . . Lagos oh, Abia ni o. You're just an internet warrior. end of.

Oh my dear, do not be like that. Who said I want to fight?

The only way I will fight is if my region is attacked.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Nobody: 5:40am On Oct 27, 2010
EzeUche0:

Oh my dear, do not be like that. Who said I want to fight?

The only way I will fight is if my region is attacked.

So you care not for your ppl in Lagos . . . . or for the fact that it would spread?
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by jason12345: 5:41am On Oct 27, 2010
EzeUche0:

And what are you doing?

My main concern is making sure I am prosperous so I can improve my town. I could care less what happens in the rest of Naija. Not my concern

@ BOLDED
good for you!!!

and rest of naija does not care for your "home town" too. ode. so, what affects naija does not affect your home town.  you think if there is a war, your home town and my home town would not be a target?.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by EzeUche0(m): 5:42am On Oct 27, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

So you care not for your ppl in Lagos . . . . or for the fact that it would spread?

Not really. That can defend themselves. Why fight in another man's land?

If it spreads, then so be it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bianca Hires Private Guards For Ojukwu’s House / Fela Kuti Charged With Armed Robbery And Severely Beaten By Buhari (pic) / Reverend Sister Takes Off Her Veil To Be Called To Bar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.