Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,046 members, 7,903,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 12:13 PM

SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos (9766 Views)

Court Stops ICPC, EFCC, SSS, Others From Arresting, Probing Kingsley Kuku / Police Discovers 19 Heavyweight Bombs In Adamawa, Foils Plans To Bomb Bridges / Boko Haram Plans To Use Mechanics, Car Wash Centers To Plant Bombs In Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by auwal87(m): 6:30pm On Oct 27, 2010
AMAZING!!!

The SHIPMENT was not originated from IRAN!!!

The Dynamic is;

1. Goodluck Jonathan wants to clear himself from blaming MEND on the 1st October attacks
2. He immediately ordered this scenario, so that Nigerians will be fooled to think that Goodluck is True, some foreign elements are involved in the 1st October Bombings.
3. Reliable reports revealed to me that even the containers that were said to be intercepted were actually not taken from any ship from outside Nigeria AND has NO NAME on it, so it is basically carrying NIGERIAN flag, it is NIGERIAN.

Conclusion
Nigerian Government under Goodluck Jonathan is fooling NIGERIANS on this one just to divert attention from the MEND's threats. It is a game well played, understood by the few among the most intelligent. undecided
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by auwal87(m): 6:32pm On Oct 27, 2010
NO WAR WILL HAPPEN IN NIGERIA, except if GEJ wants it to happen, he can clear all what is happening in the country now. He is a KID, (compared to others) so they are basically playing with HIS intelligence. I bet He don't really know what he is doing to the unity of the country at present. It is one of two. Either he is aware or he is being fooled too!
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Nimshi: 6:41pm On Oct 27, 2010
Sorry, but there's little intelligence in your post . . .

auwal87:

AMAZING!!!

The Dynamic is;

1. Goodluck Jonathan wants to clear himself from blaming MEND on the 1st October attacks
2. He immediately ordered this scenario, so that Nigerians will be fooled to think that Goodluck is True, some foreign elements are involved in the 1st October Bombings.
3. Reliable reports revealed to me that even the containers that were said to be intercepted were actually not taken from any ship from outside Nigeria AND has NO NAME on it, so it is basically carrying NIGERIAN flag, it is NIGERIAN.

Conclusion
Nigerian Government under Goodluck Jonathan is fooling NIGERIANS on this one just to divert attention from the MEND's threats. It is a game well played, understood by the few among the most intelligent. undecided
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by gadogado(m): 6:52pm On Oct 27, 2010
13 containers of arms and ammunition is not that much, how big is the container to begin with, also you have to factor in the fact that the weapons were hidden in crates along with tiles and other building materials so as to disguise them. In a country of 500 thousand, maybe and just maybe, 13 containers of arms will spark a major conflict that may not even be up to the degree of a civil war. But a country of 150 million, Its absolutely impossible for 13 containers to cause a "civil war" Many people seem to be shouting war without fully understanding the repercussions of war. This is probably the shipment for some gang who are thinking about taking things a notch higher. Not even a thousand containers can be enough arms to start a civil war in Nigeria. If you say 15,000 containers then my eyes will open wide.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by krazynaija(m): 6:54pm On Oct 27, 2010
Quote from: auwal87 on Today at 06:30:21 PM
AMAZING!!!

The Dynamic is;

Conclusion
Nigerian Government under Goodluck Jonathan is fooling NIGERIANS on this one just to divert attention from the MEND's threats. It is a game well played, understood by the few among the most intelligent.
Nimshi:

Sorry, but there's little intelligence in your post . . .

Chai! you mean the guy spend time draft that comment e con be rubbish? mehn grin
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Tugbaski: 7:21pm On Oct 27, 2010
its very unfortunate sha, seems to me that the current administration as no clue what so ever, The whole intelligence agency in Nigeria needs to be reformed and re-organized. Nothing seems to be working. And its just a matter of time we all find out.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by favouredjb(f): 7:24pm On Oct 27, 2010
Auwal,sees you like conspiracy theories smfh

@edoyad,I was scared with the ficticious 7ships going to ondo,please that joke is too expensive
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Tugbaski: 7:27pm On Oct 27, 2010
I honestly believe the best way to solve this madness is to vote PDP out, That party is causing too much problems. The internal crises within the party is affecting the whole nation. If PDP is out, i bet the will would be there to start prosecuting all this corrupt official(80% of the PDP).
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Katsumoto: 7:42pm On Oct 27, 2010
gadogado:

13 containers of arms and ammunition is not that much, how big is the container to begin with, also you have to factor in the fact that the weapons were hidden in crates along with tiles and other building materials so as to disguise them. In a country of 500 thousand, maybe and just maybe, 13 containers of arms will spark a major conflict that may not even be up to the degree of a civil war. But a country of 150 million, Its absolutely impossible for 13 containers to cause a "civil war" Many people seem to be shouting war without fully understanding the repercussions of war. This is probably the shipment for some gang who are thinking about taking things a notch higher. Not even a thousand containers can be enough arms to start a civil war in Nigeria. If you say 15,000 containers then my eyes will open wide.

So if you were to ship in arms to start a conflict in Nigeria, you would ship in all your weapons in one major consignment?
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Busuguma(m): 7:47pm On Oct 27, 2010
this is a great challenge to the Nigerian Government.  I still can't imagine
the security saying that the owner is still not known? it does'nt matter the
quantity, even if it is a single bullet to come in through a legal means without
tracing its owner means someone is not doing his job right.

a fellow nairalander raises the question that journalist in Nigeria also ends
there story where they are told to stop and never go a mile to dig independently
because we have seen so much of these confiscation of illegal weapons without
knowing who did it.

this should be a challenge to all our journalist to follow up this case to its logical
conclusion so that this country will know who is importing these weapons and
for what purpose.

its time to stop shifting blames from one section of the country to the other, because
the end result is to the poor innocent Nigerian man on the street.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by emvick: 7:55pm On Oct 27, 2010
let dem import rockets from hezbollah or iran, he dat kill by gun, will die by gun, all dis is just 4 money, dey r tryin to let d civillians know that " E NO GO IZY O!", what is d meaning of importing arms, for BOKO HARAM, MEND, OPC, AREWA, BAKASSI BOYS, or everybody,

Dnt entertain fear the GOD dat gave them LIFE will take it 1day, who knowz y?

wat d u tink?9ja
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by hackney(m): 8:08pm On Oct 27, 2010
I think the arms were heading north otherwise they would have tried using PH.

That country is still one entitiy because the FG didnt allow the ABN chief to dredge
the oguta lake with his own money.
That would have allowed larger ship to port.

If so, one morning like that una go hear the announcement for radio. . . .
Dust to dust. .
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 27, 2010
emvick:

let dem import rockets from hezbollah or iran, he dat kill by gun, will die by gun, all dis is just 4 money, dey r tryin to let d civillians know that " E NO GO IZY O!", what is d meaning of importing arms, for BOKO HARAM, MEND, OPC, AREWA, BAKASSI BOYS, or everybody,

Dnt entertain fear the GOD dat gave them LIFE will take it 1day, who knowz y?

wat d u tink?9ja
Story story !
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Tayoadeoye: 9:11pm On Oct 27, 2010
what
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by gadogado(m): 9:20pm On Oct 27, 2010
Katsumoto:

So if you were to ship in arms to start a conflict in Nigeria, you would ship in all your weapons in one major consignment?

So are you suggesting that thousands of containers have already been shipped behind the governments back? This is the only one that was caught? You should think man. Even if they were shipping for a "war" why so little at a time like 13??  when is the war 2020?  Theres no war being planned, Nigerians are exaggerators by nature, very hyper active conclusion jumpers!! Very ignorant and stereotypical crowd, not good with solid facts. No one in Nigeria want a war in the true sense and implication of that word. Even the militants are just chest pounding. A civil war will never occur in Nigeria because if you have no guts to challenge thieving politicians. How on God's green earth are you going to have the guts to fight a full blown war?
Nigerians specialize in cowardice, like kidnapping (unarmed people snatching) armed robbery (threatening poor unarmed people with guns in the middle of the night) and religious conflicts are gang wars with a group of muslims and christians clashing. By the time it gets to the media, its exaggerated. But show me the percentage of people that die in religious conflicts as against the population, a few hundred at a time against millions in the gen pop.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by darqly(m): 9:28pm On Oct 27, 2010
informative thread turned to conspiracy theorists hangout. one thing's evident,we're suspicious of each other as a people. Where did Iran come into this fray? Maybe what we need is ONE common enemy,and we can ALL focus our attention thataway. We know hausas are wicked, yorubas are cowards and igbos are treacherous, goes without saying, so can't we just get along
?
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Katsumoto: 9:52pm On Oct 27, 2010
gadogado:

So are you suggesting that thousands of containers have already been shipped behind the governments back? This is the only one that was caught? You should think man. Even if they were shipping for a "war" why so little at a time like 13??  when is the war 2020?  Theres no war being planned, Nigerians are exaggerators by nature, very hyper active conclusion jumpers!! Very ignorant and stereotypical crowd, not good with solid facts. No one in Nigeria want a war in the true sense and implication of that word. Even the militants are just chest pounding. A civil war will never occur in Nigeria because if you have no guts to challenge thieving politicians. How on God's green earth are you going to have the guts to fight a full blown war?
Nigerians specialize in cowardice, like kidnapping (unarmed people snatching) armed robbery (threatening poor unarmed people with guns in the middle of the night) and religious conflicts are gang wars with a group of muslims and christians clashing. By the time it gets to the media, its exaggerated. But show me the percentage of people that die in religious conflicts as against the population, a few hundred at a time against millions in the gen pop.

My point was neither for or against war. I was simply highlighting the flaw in your argument. You can't deduce whether someone is planning for war by virtue of just 13 containers. It could have been the last shipment or it could have been a test. You never know. The rest of your argument about Nigerians is fine.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Mobinga: 9:59pm On Oct 27, 2010
Nukes??!!! In Nigeria? Holy Holy Shit!!! Thank God I have my war kit
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by deolapo: 10:26pm On Oct 27, 2010
I hate tribal discussions but some comments require a reply. Who says yorubas are cowards? Remember the exploits of the warriors in the days of the yoruba empire which spread to Togo and Benin republic where they still speak yoruba today. Even in my village, the stories of how the Fulani were repelled for good is still being told. Anyway only those who did not study yoruba history and were fed with lies will say so.

Even in recent times, the fact that only Yorubas stood their ground on principle against all odds as true omo odua is the reason OBJ became president.  Name it, NADECO, Radio Kudirat and other civil organisations that gave IBB and Abacha a tough time were dominated by Yorubas. After so many years of wars by our ancestors, we have simply learnt better ways of dealing with issues.Of course we remember that our igbo brothers ran away to the east when the battle became tough in Lagos. Those who died fighting on the streets for democracy were mostly Yorubas. That actually gave birth to OPC which is more reliable than the police. Ask people along the Kwara - Niger route.

I wish our warriors in the east will do battle and tackle their kidnapping problem once and for all instead of bluffing online. Afterall its claimed that they have AK47 in abundance. Just load your guns and uproot those mean guys from the jungles. You will be doing the whole country a big favor and proving your worth as fighters.I get so sad each time i read about the activities of those devil possessed people. Our earlier jihadists and simple sharia advocates in the north are also silent now with Boko Haram taking over government gradually. Their christian enemies are no longer the issue.

As far as i am concerned Naija is one great country irrespective of tribes. Only the elites bother about differences. I grew up with people of diverse origins and learnt to love and appreciate each person first as a human being.

Lets do less of tribal yabis. I assume that we are intelligent people with good exposure and have the knowledge that each tribe has its good and bad people.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by jason12345: 10:47pm On Oct 27, 2010
deolapo:

I hate tribal discussions but some comments require a reply. Who says yorubas are cowards? Remember the exploits of the warriors in the days of the yoruba empire which spread to Togo and Benin republic where they still speak yoruba today. Even in my village, the stories of how the Fulani were repelled for good is still being told. Anyway only those who did not study yoruba history and were fed with lies will say so.

Even in recent times, the fact that only Yorubas stood their ground on principle against all odds as true omo odua is the reason OBJ became president.  Name it, NADECO, Radio Kudirat and other civil organisations that gave IBB and Abacha a tough time were dominated by Yorubas. After so many years of wars by our ancestors, we have simply learnt better ways of dealing with issues.Of course we remember that our igbo brothers ran away to the east when the battle became tough in Lagos. Those who died fighting on the streets for democracy were mostly Yorubas. That actually gave birth to OPC which is more reliable than the police. Ask people along the Kwara - Niger route.

I wish our warriors in the east will do battle and tackle their kidnapping problem once and for all instead of bluffing online. Afterall its claimed that they have AK47 in abundance. Just load your guns and uproot those mean guys from the jungles. You will be doing the whole country a big favor and proving your worth as fighters.I get so sad each time i read about the activities of those devil possessed people. Our earlier jihadists and simple sharia advocates in the north are also silent now with Boko Haram taking over government gradually. Their christian enemies are no longer the issue.

As far as i am concerned Naija is one great country irrespective of tribes. Only the elites bother about differences. I grew up with people of diverse origins and learnt to love and appreciate each person first as a human being.

Lets do less of tribal yabis. I assume that we are intelligent people with good exposure and have the knowledge that each tribe has its good and bad people.

this is one of the best comments i have ever read on nl. cheesy
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by EzeUche0(m): 11:05pm On Oct 27, 2010
deolapo:

Maybe you all should look to your glorious past. Because you all have fallen. The glory days of the Oyo Empire.

We Igbos are far from cowards. My very own father is a Biafran veteran. Let it be known that we Igbos fought the whole of Nigeria including WESTERN POWERS. Do not ever forget that. There is nothing cowardly about the Ndi Igbo. When are slow to anger, but when we are on the war path we can bring a nation to its knees.

Why should we Igbos fight a Yoruba battle? We Igbos seen how your people did nothing after the Abiola saga. We waited for your people to stand up, but you all didn't.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by powerblaze(m): 11:34pm On Oct 27, 2010
plls lets not pray for war, if war erupts in naija, even the UN peace force will be swallowed up in it, and you know they wont help in the first place, go read up on how they treated Rwanda
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Mobinga: 11:40pm On Oct 27, 2010
EzeUche0:

Finally, a Yoruba titan trying to defend his people.

Yorubas are known cowards. Maybe you all should look to your glorious past. Because you all have fallen. The glory days of the Oyo Empire.

We Igbos are far from cowards. My very own father is a Biafran veteran. Let it be known that we Igbos fought the whole of Nigeria including WESTERN POWERS. Do not ever forget that. There is nothing cowardly about the Ndi Igbo. When are slow to anger, but when we are on the war path we can bring a nation to its knees.

Why should we Igbos fight a Yoruba battle? We Igbos seen how your people did nothing after the Abiola saga. We waited for your people to stand up, but you all didn't.

I'm not yoruba but, IGBO's like you are known fools
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by EzeUche0(m): 11:41pm On Oct 27, 2010
Mobinga:

I'm not yoruba but, IGBO's [b](Igbos) [/b]like you are known fools

And you are not even worth the dirt that is beneath my sandals.

Please use proper English when talking to me. Thank you very much.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by jason12345: 12:10am On Oct 28, 2010
EzeUche0:

Finally, a Yoruba titan trying to defend his people.

Yorubas are known cowards. Maybe you all should look to your glorious past. Because you all have fallen. The glory days of the Oyo Empire.

you don't have an ounce of common sense!!! undecided
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by vangogh: 12:20am On Oct 28, 2010
deolapo:

Well said bro. Being peaceful does not equate cowardice.  Yoruba are relatively peaceful people, and it shows in how we relate with everyone within Nigeria.  It is no wonder that all sundry have been able to find abode in SW of Nigeria

Of course we are all aware of the exploits of the old Oyo Empire. You do not become an empire  of the magnitude of old Oyo by sheathing your sword. Those were the old days when little things were settled by swords. Today,  the strength of Yoruba lies in diplomacy, and in our ability to eschew violence.

It is on record that in modern day Nigeria that Yoruba people have produced more activists than any other ethnic group. I dare even say more than all other ethnic groups combined.   Gani, Fela, Beko, Falana, Wole Soyinka are few names that readily come to mind when it comes to activism in Nigeria.

Yoruba students at Ife, Lagos, Ibadan etc have led many rallies even at a great cost of human lives. Gowon, Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha can attest to the unflinching bravery of Yoruba students.  Heck, Gowon and IBB were both unseated because of Yoruba students led protests.  These are facts, and not opinions.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by xterra2(m): 12:21am On Oct 28, 2010
I feel sorry for this country
Sometimes if i wake up , i think about Nigeria and i cry  embarassed

So many problems on nigeria
Very insecure country, -good thing this have been found else JEGA wouldnt have stopped this in the election- it would have beeen used in april 2011

Remebered when  a plane came last year fulled with weapons  embarassed embarassed embarassed
Now this,  cheesy cheesy
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by EzeUche0(m): 12:28am On Oct 28, 2010
vangogh:

Well said bro. Being peaceful does not equate cowardice.  Yoruba are relatively peaceful people, and it shows in how we relate with everyone within Nigeria.  It is no wonder that all sundry have been able to find abode in SW of Nigeria

Of course we are all aware of the exploits of the old Oyo Empire. You do not become an empire  of the magnitude of old Oyo by sheathing your sword. Those were the old days when little things were settled by swords. Today,  the strength of Yoruba lies in diplomacy, and in our ability to eschew violence.

It is on record that in modern day Nigeria that Yoruba people have produced more activists than any other ethnic group. I dare even say more than all other ethnic groups combined.   Gani, Fela, Beko, Falana, Wole Soyinka are few names that readily come to mind when it comes to activism in Nigeria.

Yoruba students at Ife, Lagos, Ibadan etc have led many rallies even at a great cost of human lives. Gowon, Obasanjo, IBB, Abacha can attest to the unflinching bravery of Yoruba students.  Heck, Gowon and IBB were both unseated because of Yoruba students led protests.  These are facts, and not opinions.

We all know why the old Oyo Empire fell. It was, because of infighting and backstabbing. These same traits can still be seen in the Yoruba states. Do not get me wrong, the Oyo Empire was great, but that is the past. The modern Yoruba nation is only a shadow of its former glory.

You said that the Yorubas have produced more activist than any other group combined. That is a very bold statement. I highly DISAGREE with you. Yes, the Yorubas have produced great activist like Wole Soyinka and Fela Kuti, but for every activist the Yoruba nation has produced, it has also produced hundreds of buffoons such as the likes of Obasanjo.

Remember that it was Igbos who led the way for this nation to be free more than any other group. If it was not for the mighty Igbo nation, we will still be in the shackles. Nnamdi Azikiwe the only true NATIONALIST of any leader at that time did everything to free us of British rule.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by vangogh: 1:04am On Oct 28, 2010
EzeUche0:

We all know why the old Oyo Empire fell. It was, because of infighting and backstabbing. These same traits can still be seen in the Yoruba states. Do not get me wrong, the Oyo Empire was great, but that is the past. The modern Yoruba nation is only a shadow of its former glory.

You said that the Yorubas have produced more activist than any other group combined. That is a very bold statement. I highly DISAGREE with you. Yes, the Yorubas have produced great activist like Wole Soyinka and Fela Kuti, but for every activist the Yoruba nation has produced, it has also produced hundreds of buffoons such as the likes of Obasanjo.

Remember that it was Igbos who led the way for this nation to be free more than any other group. If it was not for the mighty Igbo nation, we will still be in the shackles. Nnamdi Azikiwe the only true NATIONALIST of any leader at that time did everything to free us of British rule.

Dude, I am not into chest beating. The facts have been stated . You're entitled to your views. The names I quoted were not out of the wood work; those names are synonymous with activism in Nigeria.

Yoruba nation has evolved. We are no longer warriors that war  because of issues that can now be resolved by diplomacy.  Times are changing, what was fashionable in the 60s is no longer relevant in the 2010s, so, it is only normal that Yoruba will change with time.  But do not make the error of crossing Yoruba.  Ask IBB, even Abacha felt some of the brunt. Anyway, to expect the characteristics of the old Oyo in the modern day Yoruba nation is unrealistic. If you term that to be cowardice, then, you need to get with the program.

As for buffoons, they cut across every tribe unless you  want to fool yourself. You only need to look at our law makers. Pick anyone from any region, and you'll be a winner.

You also need to brush your knowledge on our history.  Herbert Macaulay was the father of  nationalism in Nigeria. Not discounting the contribution of others -Zik, Tafa Balewa, Aminu Kano, Awo, and many notable names that are enshrined in our history books. However, it was Herbert Macaulay that formed the first political party in Nigeria to address the issue of our sovereignty. Again facts, and not opinions.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by EzeUche0(m): 1:21am On Oct 28, 2010
vangogh:

Dude, I am not into chest beating. The facts have been stated . You're entitled to your views. The names I quoted were not out of the wood work; those names are synonymous with activism in Nigeria.

Yoruba nation has evolved. We are no longer warriors that war  because of issues that can now be resolved by diplomacy.  Times are changing, what was fashionable in the 60s is no longer relevant in the 2010s, so, it is only normal that Yoruba will change with time.  But do not make the error of crossing Yoruba.  Ask IBB, even Abacha felt some of the brunt. Anyway, to expect the characteristics of the old Oyo in the modern day Yoruba nation is unrealistic. If you term that to be cowardice, then, you need to get with the program.

As for buffoons, they cut across every tribe unless you  want to fool yourself. You only need to look at our law makers. Pick anyone from any region, and you'll be a winner.

You also need to brush your knowledge on our history.  Herbert Macaulay was the father of  nationalism in Nigeria. Not discounting the contribution of others -Zik, Tafa Balewa, Aminu Kano, Awo, and many notable names that are enshrined in our history books. However, it was Herbert Macaulay that formed the first political party in Nigeria to address the issue of our sovereignty. Again facts, and not opinions.

And you are entitled to your views as well. These are your facts. There may be some truth in your words, but to make such bold statements, they have to be refuted in its entirety.

I will continue to say that the Yoruba nation is only a shadow of its former glory. Maybe because of colonialism, or maybe because of being stuck in this contraption called Nigeria, the Yoruba nation has not been able to rise since the days of the Oyo Empire.

Humanity has not changed over the centuries. Force is still necessary. It doesn't matter if it is the 1800s or 1960s or even the 2010s. Humans only understand force. Nations that have the largest militaries and strongest weapons are the people who make the final decisions for the rest of the world. The same can be said for this nation of ours. IBB did not care much about the supposed "strength" of the Yoruba, because if he did, he would not annuled the election. If Abacha cared about the supposed "strength" of the Yoruba people, he would not have jailed your leaders or assassinated other Yoruba leaders. I am still waiting for this strength.

Only the Igbos out of all the ethnic groups that make up Nigeria have shown that we are willing to fight for our rights. We are the only people who mobilized our entire nation around a single cause. These are facts. We have tasted freedom and know what it taste like. No other people can say that. And we are proud of this history.
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by Mobinga: 1:25am On Oct 28, 2010
EzeUche0:

And you are not even worth the dirt that is beneath my sandals.

Please use proper English when talking to me. Thank you very much.
You had to modify my post to drive home an imbecilic point? You're a disgrace to Igbo's
Re: SSS, Others Intercept Rocket Launchers, Bombs In Lagos by vangogh: 1:54am On Oct 28, 2010
EzeUche0:

And you are entitled to your views as well. These are your facts. There may be some truth in your words, but to make such bold statements, they have to be refuted in its entirety.

I will continue to say that the Yoruba nation is only a shadow of its former glory. Maybe because of colonialism, or maybe because of being stuck in this contraption called Nigeria, the Yoruba nation has not been able to rise since the days of the Oyo Empire.

Humanity has not changed over the centuries. Force is still necessary. It doesn't matter if it is the 1800s or 1960s or even the 2010s. Humans only understand force. Nations that have the largest militaries and strongest weapons are the people who make the final decisions for the rest of the world. The same can be said for this nation of ours. IBB did not care much about the supposed "strength" of the Yoruba, because if he did, he would not annuled the election. If Abacha cared about the supposed "strength" of the Yoruba people, he would not have jailed your leaders or assassinated other Yoruba leaders. I am still waiting for this strength.

Only the Igbos out of all the ethnic groups that make up Nigeria have shown that we are willing to fight for our rights. We are the only people who mobilized our entire nation around a single cause. These are facts. We have tasted freedom and know what it taste like. No other people can say that. And we are proud of this history.

Yoruba nation is no longer a nation it was because we are now a nation within a nation. Our actions not only affect us alone, they affect all those within the boundary of Nigeria, Likewise, the actions/inactions of others affect us. I am sure you understand that perfectly well. Yoruba nation is no longer an island as it was in the days of Oyo when our destiny was within our control.

As for our strength, I reiterate that you should ask IBB,  do you think a power monger like IBB wanted to leave? Of course not, the heat from June 12 unseated him.  It was either he leaves or face a palace coup. The choices were not good for him. He fucccked with the wrong people.
As for Abacha,  true, he assassinated and jailed some of us, yet the struggle never dissipated. 

You will do well to understand that force brings nothing but havoc.  Look at African nations that result to force at every conflict, what have they achieved?  Peace has eluded them. While Europeans are forming unions and cementing ever lasting peace amongst themselves, Africans are shouting force in this age. Now who is stuck in Stone Age?
The strength of a man does not lie in his muscles, but in his ability to refrain himself in the face of aggression.
On the issue of your supposedly freedom; I believe you are naive to say the least. No need to expatiate on that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram: 37 People Killed, 400 Houses Burnt In Borno Town / 2019 Elections: APC, PDP Disagree Over Readiness / Benjamin Kalu: Akpabio's Visit Has Nothing To Do With NDDC Probe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.