Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,706 members, 7,882,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 02:21 AM

Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man (27541 Views)

Barcanista Finally Shows His True Colours / Prophet T.B. Joshua Finally Revealed His True Identity During His Crusade / How Obasanjo Lied His Way To Heroism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by TewMuch: 6:18am On Nov 02, 2010
Because since the Hausa's believe in zoning so much,and Igbo's have been shouting presidency.Yoruba have check mate both groups.By zoning formula it is the Yoruba's turn.So OP with this your excitement, still nothing for IBB.Fashola 2015!
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by Ranoscky(m): 6:36am On Nov 02, 2010
Nigeria is goin NOWHERE until we stop this tribal sentiments, i rest my case !!!
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by igboboy1(m): 6:44am On Nov 02, 2010
TewMuch:

Because since the Hausa's believe in zoning so much,and Igbo's have been shouting presidency.Yoruba have check mate both groups.By zoning formula it is the Yoruba's turn.So OP with this your excitement, still nothing for IBB.Fashola 2015!
who dash monkey banana? Fashola better extend his stay of his mini country within a country lagos and forget Aso rock for the sake of peace come 2015
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by AkinEgba: 6:47am On Nov 02, 2010
Fasola must also be Ibo, since he is as ug as Obj. All ug Yorubas are ibos.
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by igboboy1(m): 7:11am On Nov 02, 2010
Akin-Egba:

Fasola must also be Ibo, since he is as ug as Obj. All ug Yorubas are ibos.

we can do the ethnic draft here, we take fashola and obj and you guys take dj zeez and soludo
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by denony(m): 7:44am On Nov 02, 2010
So all you yorubas are now rejecting your big brother OBJ
That's good to hear, now u see why the Igbo's are the Pillar of Nigeria

Chai OBJ Don Suffer
OBJ of all Yorubas, Chai grin
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by bayo1(m): 9:39am On Nov 02, 2010
Ehnnnn, he never show his affinity to anything that has to do with Yorubas. He has always been working against any political figure from Yorubaland. No wonder! So he's Igbo. The breeze has blown and we've seen the ass of the fowl! Hehehehehehehe.
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by kunlexist(m): 11:19am On Nov 02, 2010
na wao
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by Utchry: 11:32am On Nov 02, 2010
shocked No wonder ''Baba'' as fondly called hates the igbos. I bet it's because of the way his biological father dumped his mum sad
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by jason12345: 11:41am On Nov 02, 2010
Utchry:

shocked No wonder ''Baba'' as fondly called hates the igbos. I bet it's because of the way his biological father dumped his mum sad

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by tpia5: 11:42am On Nov 02, 2010
Utchry:

can you provide evidence of this "igbo hatred"
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by 3kay945(m): 11:56am On Nov 02, 2010
if the igbo want Obj, let them have[b] it[/b] who cares!
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by kalahariNG: 12:54pm On Nov 02, 2010
Some of una are sha jobless
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 02, 2010
I can sense politics within the context of OBJs paternity though most of us nigerians without denying d fact can trace our family trees to about 2 or 3 states within d country. Yorubas are masters of the game of politics cos recents (zoning, 2011 etc ) events testifies to the fact dat the north(?) aint as powerful as we assumed, neither is the east ready for leadership (always subservient when they ought 2b striving for no. 1) while d so called minority south south have become good players overnight thanks to d likes of OBJ d schemer! THE POLITICAL POWER EQUATIONS OF NAIJA HAS CHANGED, PEOPLE WITH GOOD PLANS AND INTENTIONS WITHOUT FEAR OR FAVOUR SHOULD ASPIRE AND CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEVT. OF OUR NATION NIGERIA!
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by ohaechesi(m): 1:15pm On Nov 02, 2010
Well, for the fact that OBJ mother is from a towm in Benin Republique valled port-novo, is enough reason for me to assume or concur with the poster. it could be as a result of slave trading peradventure because port-novo was amongst the whitemen's settling ground during slave trade era
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 02, 2010
ohaechesi:

Well, for the fact that OBJ mother is from a towm in Benin Republique valled port-novo, is enough reason for me to assume or concur with the poster. it could be as a result of slave trading peradventure because port-novo was amongst the whitemen's settling ground during slave trade era

I beg go sidon! They are now carrying rumour of no historic evidence
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by Obiagu1(m): 1:42pm On Nov 02, 2010
I can’t see this go away. One day, a Yoruba man will tell Obasanjo in his face that he is Igbo and shouldn’t interfere with Yoruba affairs.
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by shadrach77: 1:46pm On Nov 02, 2010
i don't know if anyone has mentioned this on this thread but it is easy for anyone to see that BOTH pictures are OBJ - a closer obeservation of the second picture will make it clear - as you can see, the man in the second picture is dressed in military uniform - this is just a trick by some folks to cause problems in the polity
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by Obiagu1(m): 1:47pm On Nov 02, 2010
^^^

The man was a police officer. Army don't wear white except Navy.
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by Obiagu1(m): 1:52pm On Nov 02, 2010
I heard that the man was even the person that wrote the letter of recommendation for Obasanjo to enroll in the Army and Obasanjo once said that any of his children could be governor of Anambra State. shocked
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by Olaolufred(m): 1:54pm On Nov 02, 2010
I really do not believe this episode.

Peradventure it is true, then the Igbos had ruled Nigeria unknowingly.

But I still doubt if it is true.
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by Olaolufred(m): 2:05pm On Nov 02, 2010
Proofs are worth than millions of "I heards".

Let this be prooven with facts, then i will believe.
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by Ekans: 2:26pm On Nov 02, 2010
Walahi! Na Aguiyi Ironsi picture be dat.
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by Ranoscky(m): 4:31pm On Nov 02, 2010
tpia@:

can you provide evidence of this "igbo hatred"

Good question gal, oya, Ostritch, Oops! lipsrsealed Sorry, Utchry, provide the evidence pls. . . undecided
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by opribo(m): 5:56pm On Nov 02, 2010
Olusegun Aremu Okikiola Obasanjo how does that ever sound Igbo please that man is from the deepest part of Egba, his tribal marks gives credence to it even they way he turned every national issue to papiluwe show is typical of the Yorubs. No one should tell us any story OBJ is not Igbo and cannot be Igbo. Haba say wetin happen
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 02, 2010
Obj is Igbo plz. You ppl should come and collect your thing o.

If you check his DNA and if it traces back to the jews, then he's Igbo plz o. grin grin
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by AndreUweh(m): 7:10pm On Nov 02, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Obj is Igbo plz. You ppl should come and collect your thing o.

If you check his DNA and if it traces back to the jews, then he's Igbo plz o. grin grin
My own DNA does not have Jewish links, so am I not Igbo?. What are you implying?.
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 02, 2010
if this is indeed true, then u Igbo guys need to STFU about ur turn to rule cos y'all have already ruled for 8 years. wink

No wonder Alex Ekwueme stepped down for Obj grin

But then could it be that Obj is Igbo, or that Obj lookalike is actually yoruba by blood undecided wink
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by AndreUweh(m): 7:27pm On Nov 02, 2010
Babzilla:

if this is indeed true, then u Igbo guys need to STFU about your turn to rule cos y'all have already ruled for 8 years. wink

No wonder Alex Ekwueme stepped down for Obj grin

But then could it be that Obj is Igbo, or that Obj lookalike is actually yoruba by blood undecided wink

Did Ekwuerme step down for OBJ?.
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by Onlytruth(m): 7:30pm On Nov 02, 2010
shadrach77:

i don't know if anyone has mentioned this on this thread but it is easy for anyone to see that [size=14pt]BOTH pictures are OBJ - a closer obeservation of the second picture will make it clear[/size] - as you can see, the man in the second picture is dressed in military uniform - this is just a trick by some folks to cause problems in the polity

The whole thing is an exercise in idiocy. Someone is worried about waiting for 40 years to produce another Nigerian president, so they unleashed the powers of Photoshop to hoodwink the pedestrian Nigerian public.

I wonder what a policeman (did we even have that in 1930s?) was doing inside the tick African jungle of Owu in 1930s.
OBJ himself makes that clear. If any policemen existed then, they would be in Abeokuta and VERY FEW.

I challenge anyone to show me a picture of Obasanjos Yoruba father or mother. They don't have it because photographs was a BIG DEAL in the 1930s, even in townships.  So, these issue are begging the questions:

Since there was NO Nigeria at that time, how can an Onicha man be a "Nigerian policeman" in Owu?

Was there even policemen in Obasanjos village before 1960?

The innocent man (Igwe Onyekwelu ) whose name is being linked with OBJ had a photo (which is why this debate is even happening) because he was an Igwe (a king!). How did he end up in Owu as a "Nigerian policeman" (because he couldn't have been a Western regional police officer if any existed, he was from the East!)  before becoming the Obi of Onitsha.

Guys, time flies. undecided 40 years will be here soon. So, please grab a cool aid and relax.  The gorilla of Owu is yours for the keeps. cool
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 02, 2010
Andre Uweh:

My own DNA does not have Jewish links, so am I not Igbo?. What are you implying?.

Are you sure? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Obasanjo lied about his true Origin .He Is An Ibo Man by AkinEgba: 8:07pm On Nov 02, 2010
See Obj being sent off to onitsha here
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-543658.0.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Tinubu Commission's Jonathan Expressway, Hails Wike / Tinubu Mustn’t Influence New Ooni’s Selection – George / Kwankwaso: I Regret Supporting Buhari Against Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.