Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,119 members, 7,887,241 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:36 AM

Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss (27909 Views)

Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. / Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through / 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by Area4Area: 5:51am On Sep 26, 2019
sweetgala:

Do you know how many oil vessels have been attacked there. Even the refined oil lands in Lagos.

Oyinbo people are not daft and are not given to sentiments. The people have to make a greater effort towards making the region safe. The navy have really tried their best but it seems most young men of the SS prefer to involve in oil bunkering , piracy and militancy
You truly understand the situation at hand.
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by Nobody: 5:51am On Sep 26, 2019
The shallow depth, insecurity e.t.c., bedevilling the Eastern Ports can easily be tackled if there is political will. Let's not pretend we don't know this.
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by meccuno: 5:51am On Sep 26, 2019
Area4Area:
I don't do insults please, wasn't brought up that way.
oh now you don't do insults abi? Continue to decieve yourself.

1 Like

Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by sweetgala(m): 5:52am On Sep 26, 2019
jamesharryson:

I just asked a question, which u did not tackle, but you are tackling the sender.

I still repeat my self, whose responsibilities is it to safeguard the waterways? The masses or the NPA and government?

The Navy and the community.
The navy have done their part but the community is adamant that militancy is a way of life and naval staff must be put to danger just for doing this job.

How else do you explain a community where the likes of Tompolo and ateke Tom are chiefs

1 Like

Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by meccuno: 5:52am On Sep 26, 2019
Area4Area:
Story for the gods, the government is doing its part and the people of the area should support the government instead of the criminals
then the government should do their job and quit whining like bitches.
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by Binikingdowm: 5:53am On Sep 26, 2019
meccuno:
at the bold words my reply is "LOL". How is GEJ your brother? What is the relationship between an Ijaw man with a Benin man? Stop decieving your selves there is no one tribe called Niger Delta. There are so many ethnic groups in the so called South south. The only common thing you have is oil. Nothing else. Ijaw relationship with their neighbors is replicated in the crises in warri. That's how much Love you have. In Edo state we know how you love them so much in that gelegede land dispute. Abeg you are a Bini Man and he is ijaw. You are not brothers. Your brothers are in the SW
in real sense goodluck ebele Jonathan is more Edo than ijaw, do you know that goodluck can't speak ijaw? There language aren't the same, patience Jonathan from river state is an ijaw woman.

The ethnic group in bayelsa goodluck ebele is from is one of many edoid groups In the Niger deltans, just because we don't make noise or do attaché by force doesn't mean we aren't in other states.

The ijaw crisis in Edo state is just political because even an average ijaw man knows that land doesn't belong to them, now they have begged for forgiveness and the ijaw has died down.

The reason I call Jonathan our brother is because he's from southern Nigeria and the Niger delta most importantly, and the truth is, he failed the region.

2 Likes

Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by Area4Area: 5:54am On Sep 26, 2019
Binikingdowm:
I've seen some people in Nigeria supporting this militancy, they said why are oyibo people the ones enjoying all the oil.
And if the federal government declare war on the militants, they will be ones complaining.
So so annoying and you'd equally see IPOBians coming up to condemn the government if they attack the militants
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by Area4Area: 5:56am On Sep 26, 2019
meccuno:
oh now you don't do insults abi? Continue to decieve yourself.
Prove to the world that you were brought up by your good parents, stop the insults
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by Onyi90(m): 5:58am On Sep 26, 2019
Area4Area:
Why not blame eastern importers for not using eastern ports, why blaming the NPA as usual? Have you heard at any time that any ship was turned back from going to any eastern port and forced to offload in Lagos?
Ignorant illiterate spoted.

Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by Area4Area: 6:00am On Sep 26, 2019
meccuno:
then the government should do their job and quit whining like bitches.
Since the people of the area are not doing enough to compliment the effort of the government, the government is now telling them not to expect much. You can't eat your cake and have it
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by meccuno: 6:01am On Sep 26, 2019
Binikingdowm:
in real sense goodluck ebele Jonathan is more Edo than ijaw, do you know that goodluck can't speak ijaw? There language aren't the same, patience Jonathan from river state is an ijaw woman.

The ethnic group in bayelsa goodluck ebele is from is one of many edoid groups In the Niger deltans, just because we don't make noise or do attaché by force doesn't mean we aren't in other states.

The ijaw crisis in Edo state is just political because even an average ijaw man knows that land doesn't belong to them, now they have begged for forgiveness and the ijaw has died down.

The reason I call Jonathan our brother is because he's from southern Nigeria and the Niger delta most importantly, and the truth is, he failed the region.
stop this emphasis on being from the "Niger Delta" . You don't hear people from the North say we are from the desert region. That word was coined to create division amongst Southerners especially the old eastern region. Like I said your brothers are the Yorubas because you are close related and have similarities in culture.
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by sweetgala(m): 6:02am On Sep 26, 2019
safetyInspector:
FG will always come with useless excuses when it get to do with Eastern ports but when it is about crude oil and LNG exports the vessels will navigate through those river channels for loading. Why can't they provide security and dredge at least one river channel or better build port in place like Bonny Island.

LNG is sent by pipes to be refined to dry gas. And trust me if they had a way to avoid sending ships through the SS waterways to be refined abroad they'll do just that.

And they tried. If only the SS bunkerers and militants would stop busting the oil pipelines which are meant to send oil towards Lagos for onwards shipping
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by meccuno: 6:02am On Sep 26, 2019
Area4Area:
Since the people of the area are not doing enough to compliment the effort of the government, the government is now telling them not to expect much. You can't eat your cake and have it
and please tell us what they are supposed to do. Remind me.
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by Binikingdowm: 6:03am On Sep 26, 2019
meccuno:
stop this emphasis on being from the "Niger Delta" . You don't hear people from the North say we are from the desert region. That word was coined to create division amongst Southerners especially the old eastern region. Like I said your brothers are the Yorubas because you are close related and have similarities in culture.
grin I knew I was discussing with an ipob member, thank God you showed yourself.

I'm tire of educating you people so I will just leave you to continue disgracing the great Igbo race before minorities.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by meccuno: 6:04am On Sep 26, 2019
Area4Area:
Prove to the world that you were brought up by your good parents, stop the insults
this statement is an insult . If you don't know.moreover I respond to you the way you respond to me. If you speak to me with respect I will return the favor but if you do other wise I will respond approximately. An eye for an eye.
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by sweetgala(m): 6:06am On Sep 26, 2019
igbodefendercom:
The shallow depth, insecurity e.t.c., bedevilling the Eastern Ports can easily be tackled if there is political will. Let's not pretend we don't know this.

Political will starts with the people, the community needs to show they are willing.

Abuja has to worry about over 1400 LGAs why should they expend more time worrying about yours when their previous efforts have been futile.

The FG has set up a ministry and a development organisation for the SS what has it yielded in the several years and all this time it has been managed by people from that region.

What have the governors from that region done feck what did the previous president from that region do

1 Like

Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by Area4Area: 6:06am On Sep 26, 2019
meccuno:
So the Edo should stop the Niger Delta thing and cling to the Yorubas but SE/SS can continue according to IPOBians, are the Igbos in any way related to the Ijaw?

2 Likes

Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by Area4Area: 6:09am On Sep 26, 2019
meccuno:
They can go on supporting and shielding the militants so that the bunkering and kidnapping would continue then blame the government for not doing enough
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by sweetgala(m): 6:10am On Sep 26, 2019
meccuno:

Stop militancy.

The same way we are advocating that people from NW and NE embrace education to reduce poverty and violence in their communities.

The people have to make an effort.

Lagos and Ogun state are enjoying a lot of success becaue of the determination of the people there

1 Like

Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by jamesharryson(m): 6:10am On Sep 26, 2019
sweetgala:

The Navy and the community.
The navy have done their part but the community is adamant that militancy is a way of life and naval staff must be put to danger just for doing this job.

How else do you explain a community where the likes of Tompolo and ateke Tom are chiefs

Are we talking about the south south or East here?
Besides, if I may ask, has the government seized many of her functions in the north because of Boko Haram?

From my little knowledge, the militants always make their grievances known to the masses, what exactly is the problem of the Boko Haram? Yet the government is giving them amnesty and still all the ports and other facilities there are in good and working conditions.
How do we justify this? Since the militants attack everything in the 'east'
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by mfm04622: 6:10am On Sep 26, 2019
Edenx:
NPA has granted full approval for the construction of the lekki deep sea port but giving excuses why the already made ports in the East is hard to manage. Who is fooling who? How long will this dilly dally last?

Lekki Seaport is a PRIVATE investment! Not government funded! Reason she said granting of approval! That is all she needed to do. So, which of the reasons she gave for poor patronage of eastern ports false? She said Onne Port is operating at full capacity, is that not an eastern port? Why do some people always think the world is against them? Most of the importers are from the East, why are they not patronising Eastern Ports?

3 Likes

Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by meccuno: 6:11am On Sep 26, 2019
Binikingdowm:
grin I knew I was discussing with an ipob member, thank God you showed yourself.

I'm tire of educating you people so I will just leave you to continue disgracing the great Igbo race before minorities.
I am not IPOB. Let me state that clear. I am Igbo first of all and will never deny my roots. IPOB is an organization of people both educated and otherwise. Abusing or making fun of a group of people because they share a different view from you shows lack of maturity on your path. If they do wrong I will criticize them which I do in gatherings of all Igbo people. Calling me IPOB is not an insult,but only shows me your state of mind to be able to reason critically. It's not a crime to be independent from a country not agreed upon by our forefathers.

1 Like

Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by mfm04622: 6:12am On Sep 26, 2019
jamesharryson:

Are we talking about the south south or East here?
Besides, if I may ask, has the government seized many of her functions in the north because of Boko Haram?

From my little knowledge, the militants always make their grievances known to the masses, what exactly is the problem of the Boko Haram? Yet the government is giving them amnesty and still all the ports and other facilities there are in good and working conditions.
How do we justify this? Since the militants attack everything in the 'east'

The East does not have a sea access. So when you hear Eastern port, the port is located in South south
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by Area4Area: 6:12am On Sep 26, 2019
meccuno:
this statement is an insult . If you don't know.moreover I respond to you the way you respond to me. If you speak to me with respect I will return the favor but if you do other wise I will respond approximately. An eye for an eye.
Check that post where you called me a "full" as in a foo.l, if that isn't an insult then tell me what it is
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by meccuno: 6:13am On Sep 26, 2019
Area4Area:
So the Edo should stop the Niger Delta thing and cling to the Yorubas but SE/SS can continue according to IPOBians, are the Igbos in any way related to the Ijaw?
please read well before replying me.
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by awa(m): 6:13am On Sep 26, 2019
Explanations do not make sense to me
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by meccuno: 6:14am On Sep 26, 2019
Area4Area:
Check that post where you called me a "full" as in a foo.l, if that isn't an insult then tell me what it is
I thought you said your parents trained you not to insult? So now the truth is coming out gradually? grin
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by Area4Area: 6:15am On Sep 26, 2019
sweetgala:

Stop militancy.

The same way we are advocating that people from NW and NE embrace education to reduce poverty and violence in their communities.

The people have to make an effort.

Lagos and Ogun state are enjoying a lot of success becaue of the determination of the people there
Let them continue militancy and blame the FG tomorrow for not doing enough
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by mfm04622: 6:17am On Sep 26, 2019
jamesharryson:
So whose duty is it to secure the waterways? Who secured the ports in Lagos and other cities where the cargoes avoiding eastern part head to?

Some stupid comments some people make some certain times, marvel me, seriously

Have you heard of piracy? Or kidnapping on the high sea? Well, these crimes are prevalent in the South South area. We all know government's handling of security has been poor. So ship owners are refusing to take cargoes to area their ships can be hijacked. So whose fault? Government for not providing adequate security and the people of that area. Even the Lagos port, the insurance is so high and that increase the rate ship charges to bring goods to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by bluecircle470: 6:19am On Sep 26, 2019
Edenx:
NPA has granted full approval for the construction of the lekki deep sea port but giving excuses why the already made ports in the East is hard to manage. Who is fooling who? How long will this dilly dally last?

For ever

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fire Razes Nigeria Immigration Service Headquarters In Abuja / How Tinubu Turned Many Igbos To Billionaires, By Joe Igbokwe / I had no Conversation With Tinubu, DSS DG on tribunal cases - CJN Ariwoola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.