Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,730 members, 7,875,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:47 PM

Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss (27882 Views)

Tolu Ogunlesi's Tweets About The Revival Of The Eastern Ports. / Eastern Ports Revival: How NPA, Hull Blyth, Maersk, Others Are Pulling Through / 200 Ships Now Berth In Warri Ports – NPA DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by Area4Area: 6:21am On Sep 26, 2019
jamesharryson:

Are we talking about the south south or East here?
Besides, if I may ask, has the government seized many of her functions in the north because of Boko Haram?

From my little knowledge, the militants always make their grievances known to the masses, what exactly is the problem of the Boko Haram? Yet the government is giving them amnesty and still all the ports and other facilities there are in good and working conditions.
How do we justify this? Since the militants attack everything in the 'east'
.... and the militants didn't enjoy amnesty but will still go back to the sea and continue their kidnapping and bunkering business and being shielded by the locals. They even make some chiefs to thank them for a job well done

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by madenigga(m): 6:21am On Sep 26, 2019
nabegibeg:
The main problem with these ports is that the river channels leading to them are too narrow to accommodate large vessels. The shipping companies find it more convenient to take their vessels to Lagos than to eastern sea ports.

If u don't know what the article is about, try not to comment

3 Likes

Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by pakingzzzzz(m): 6:22am On Sep 26, 2019
Good
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by Area4Area: 6:22am On Sep 26, 2019
meccuno:
please read well before replying me.
Next one please
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by Area4Area: 6:26am On Sep 26, 2019
meccuno:
I thought you said your parents trained you not to insult? So now the truth is coming out gradually? grin
Show me in any of my post where you were insulted, was it when I said you should stop the insults after you called me a full(fool) and that my parents never brought me up that way, was that an insult? Nairalanders please be the judge

1 Like

Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by SocialJustice: 6:27am On Sep 26, 2019
gaetano:

Ode. So when it's time to transport oil from the Niger delta ports to foreign countries, the narrow rivers disappear fiam! grin grin
Call it what it is... Economic sabotage.
Do you know where Forcados, Ogulaha and Ogidigben are located? Stop selling ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by Nnamdi222: 6:27am On Sep 26, 2019
Area4Area:
Why not blame eastern importers for not using eastern ports, why blaming the NPA as usual? Have you heard at any time that any ship was turned back from going to any eastern port and forced to offload in Lagos?

Sense is far from you

1 Like

Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by Ogalanyachieze: 6:29am On Sep 26, 2019
gaetano:
When the white man sited the ports in Lagos and ph to move slaves how come they didn't experience all these?
If it's insecurity then what exactly are the naval forces doing in the Baracks instead of patrolling the water ways? When it's time to move oil from those same ports to abroad there are no problems but to bring them back refined to the same ports you sight insecurity and rather move everything to Lagos, having us moving back refined oil through tankers. Nigeria i hail thee. Very wicked and useless country. Sabotaging the economy of your fellow countrymen just because you hate them.
You nailed it
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by Halexgos3(m): 6:29am On Sep 26, 2019
Chiso
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by meccuno: 6:29am On Sep 26, 2019
Area4Area:
Show me in any of my post where you were insulted, was it when I said you should stop the insults after you called me a full(fool) and that my parents never brought me up that way, was that an insult? Nairalanders please be the judge
I called you a full not a foo.l so why you dy vex? grin since when did full become an insult?
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by solmusdesigns: 6:30am On Sep 26, 2019
Binikingdowm:
in real sense goodluck ebele Jonathan is more Edo than ijaw, do you know that goodluck can't speak ijaw? There language aren't the same, patience Jonathan from river state is an ijaw woman.

The ethnic group in bayelsa goodluck ebele is from is one of many edoid groups In the Niger deltans, just because we don't make noise or do attaché by force doesn't mean we aren't in other states.

The ijaw crisis in Edo state is just political because even an average ijaw man knows that land doesn't belong to them, now they have begged for forgiveness and the ijaw has died down.

The reason I call Jonathan our brother is because he's from southern Nigeria and the Niger delta most importantly, and the truth is, he failed the region.

thus is true and funny .. do you know Good luck speaks yoruba fluently
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by Area4Area: 6:30am On Sep 26, 2019
meccuno:
I called you a [b]full not a foo.l [/b]so why you dy vex? grin since when did full become an insult?
lol at your weak defense
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by prigoz(m): 6:32am On Sep 26, 2019
]NPA has granted full approval for the construction of the lekki deep sea port but giving excuses why the already made ports in the East is hard to manage. Who is fooling who? How long will this dilly dally last?
They have not also told us why they charge more at PH than Lagos. Who is fooling who.
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by meccuno: 6:34am On Sep 26, 2019
Area4Area:
lol at your weak defense
men free me.
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:35am On Sep 26, 2019
RZArecta2:
Excuses excuses, Ibaka deep sea Port idea was completely abandoned simply because they’re a 5% state meanwhile there’s no need to dredge the channel there. Lagos on the other hand is pushing for two more seaports at Lekki and Badagry. It’s a simple fact that anything that’ll develop the SE and SS is being completely avoided by the demonic imbeciles in Aso Rock cool

Don't be silly and unnecessarily sentimental.

Common sense should tell you that Lagos being the former capital of Nigeria had already had a head start against any other port in the country; it is therefore false to infer that it is being given preferential treatment at the expense of others.

Moreover, concrete reasons along with solutions for them have been given for the low patronage of the SE/SS ports: mainly too shallow to accommodate large vessels which dredging to a depth of 7.5 meters had been completed; the issue of insecurity preventing patronage had already been referred to the Navy, police and other security agencies; while that of access roads had also been referred to the ministry of works for appropriate attention.

Meanwhile; the following questions beg for answers: what are the regional governors doing to address the problem of local insecurity and infrastructure pertaining to roads etc and why are the regional sons and daughters (who are major importers) still not being patriotic enough to patronise their own regional ports - instead of putting all the blame on the FG?

3 Likes

Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by Wizikal(m): 6:35am On Sep 26, 2019
[quote author=AtikuNetwork post=82570417]https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/09/why-vessels-avoid-eastern-ports-npa-boss/

Port harcourt port was functioning before federal govt decided to shut it down. Today you give us false news. The level of corrupt politics our government play, sometimes I wished for them to sleep and don’t wake up...

1 Like

Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by Area4Area: 6:35am On Sep 26, 2019
meccuno:
men free me.
I hold you before? See me see wahala
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by bIoodykiller: 6:36am On Sep 26, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

thus is true and funny .. do you know Good luck speaks yoruba fluently
[/s]
trash
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by MrToothBrush: 6:37am On Sep 26, 2019
The waterways down there isn't for the faint mind.
If they kidnap you, that's 10 Mila
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by Wizikal(m): 6:39am On Sep 26, 2019
ItsMeAboki:

Don't be silly and unnecessarily sentimental.

Common sense should tell you that Lagos being the former capital of Nigeria had already had a head start against any other port in the country; it is therefore false to infer that it is being given preferential treatment at the expense of others.

Moreover, concrete reasons along with solutions for them have been given for the low patronage of the SE/SS ports: mainly too shallow to accommodate large vessels which dredging to a depth of 7.5 meters had been completed; the issue of insecurity preventing patronage had already been referred to the Navy, police and other security agencies; while that of access roads had also been referred to the ministry of works for appropriate attention.

Meanwhile; the following questions beg for answers: what are the regional governors doing to address the problem of local insecurity and infrastructure pertaining to roads etc and why are the regional sons and daughters (who are major importers) still not being patriotic enough to patronise their own regional ports - instead of putting all the blame on the FG?
you know our government is corrupt and can’t be trusted...
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by Cherez: 6:39am On Sep 26, 2019
GoTV:
sad Until the east apologizes to other Nigerians on behalf of that greedy war lord called ojukwu who started the brutal war in our peaceful country, more and more benefits will keep eluding the east sad

What more benefits do you have than the easterners?
So, Ojukwu and my father who fought that war should have kept quiet while your lots slaughtered millions of Igbos in the North, abi?
Peaceful country indeed.
Tell that to all Boko Haram, herdsmen, fraud, religious extremism and kidnap victims.
Go to the BH ravaged areas and see who needs to apologise.
What have you achieved that the so called easterners have not achieved even with your so called advantage, you could not do more.

1 Like

Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by Born2Breed(f): 6:39am On Sep 26, 2019
All the problem stated above is can be easily solved.

Dregde the waterways and construct railway lines instead of concentrating railway lines in a less economic viable region.
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by MedicH: 6:43am On Sep 26, 2019
It's flimsy excuses at all times. A nation that has failed.
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by nabegibeg: 6:48am On Sep 26, 2019
madenigga:

If u don't know what the article is about, try not to comment

Ok
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by madenigga(m): 6:49am On Sep 26, 2019
nabegibeg:

Ok
Tanx
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:50am On Sep 26, 2019
Wizikal:
you know our government is corrupt and can’t be trusted...

Is that all you can say?
Is govt corruption reason for the piracy in the waterways of the SE/SS by their sons and daughters precluding patronage of their ports; are the state governments and ppl of these regions entirely blameless in this problem.
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by jyz200(m): 6:53am On Sep 26, 2019
RZArecta2:
Excuses excuses, Ibaka deep sea Port idea was completely abandoned simply because they’re a 5% state meanwhile there’s no need to dredge the channel there. Lagos on the other hand is pushing for two more seaports at Lekki and Badagry. It’s a simple fact that anything that’ll develop the SE and SS is being completely avoided by the demonic imbeciles in Aso Rock cool
Buh Jonathan your demi god couldn't construct any either

1 Like

Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by huptin(m): 6:58am On Sep 26, 2019
Edenx:
NPA has granted full approval for the construction of the lekki deep sea port but giving excuses why the already made ports in the East is hard to manage. Who is fooling who? How long will this dilly dally last?

The ports in the east have been constructed already, they only need to dredge them
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by 12345baba(m): 6:59am On Sep 26, 2019
GoTV:
sad Until the east apologizes to other Nigerians on behalf of that greedy war lord called ojukwu who started the brutal war in our peaceful country, more and more benefits will keep eluding the east sad
ur a slave
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by akdjr(m): 7:00am On Sep 26, 2019
We are very sectional in our reaction to national issues in this country.
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by CeterisXVII: 7:01am On Sep 26, 2019
valentineuwakwe:
or its just a delibrate FG policy not to develop the eastern ports....atleast Port Harcourt and Calabar ports are natural sea Harbours so why all this story story?
Wrong. Calabar has the most shallow draft, out of all the ports around. They have to keep dredging it often, in order to make it navigable.
Re: Why Vessels Avoid Eastern Ports — NPA Boss by johnpablo541(m): 7:03am On Sep 26, 2019
jamesharryson:

Are we talking about the south south or East here?
Besides, if I may ask, has the government seized many of her functions in the north because of Boko Haram?

From my little knowledge, the militants always make their grievances known to the masses, what exactly is the problem of the Boko Haram? Yet the government is giving them amnesty and still all the ports and other facilities there are in good and working conditions.
How do we justify this? Since the militants attack everything in the 'east'

The eastern ports are not located in the south east.
Here are the list of eastern ports:
Calabar Port
Rivers Ports
Onne Ports Complex
Delta Ports Complex (warri)

Just like the East-west road doesn't pass through the south east.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I had no Conversation With Tinubu, DSS DG on tribunal cases - CJN Ariwoola / HURIWA Demands Tinubu’s Disqualification, Resignation Over Identity Theft / Buhari, Atiku, Others Scheduled For Presidential Debate On December 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.