Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,791 members, 7,875,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:39 AM

Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination (8244 Views)

Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria / Open Letter To Alhaji Aliko Dangote On Northern Nigeria And Boko Haram / We ‘re On Northern Govs’payroll – Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by marvix(m): 11:42pm On Nov 04, 2010
Beaf, Let us go back to the real issues,

Sanusi said;

1. And like all Nigerians of his generation, he has written in the language of his generation.; he implied here that he understands where the writer is coming from this is true, the write has written in the language of his generation.

2. My grandfather was a Northerner, I am a Nigerian; here again he clearly states that he is a Nigerian unlike his grandfather who is a northerner, can you say the same about yourself beaf, your grandfather beaf was a citizen of the southern protectorate, while your father should have been a Nigerian but u ultimately beaf were born in an Independent Nigeria and surely is supposed to be a Nigerian, not Niger deltan!

3.Before colonialism, there was nothing like Northern Nigeria; is this a lie beaf? was there a Nigeria before the british, so If the North had been colonised by the germans and we the french would there be a Nigeria today, obviously NO!!

4. Before the Sokoto Jihad, there was nothing like the Sokoto caliphate. The man from Kano regard himself as bakane. The man from Zaria was bazazzage. The man from Katsina was bakatsine. The kingdoms were at war with each other. They were Hausas, they were Muslims, they were killing each other.

“The Yoruba were Ijebu, Owo, Ijesha, Akoko, Egba. When did they become one? When did the North become one? You have the Sokoto Caliphate that brought every person from Adamawa to Sokoto and said it is one kingdom. They now said it was a Muslim North.
; this is obviously true.

5.The Colonialists came, put that together and said it is now called the Northern Nigeria. Do you know what happened? Our grand fathers were able to transform to being Northerners; obviosly true again.

6. We have not been able to transform to being Nigerians. The fault is ours.; Would u say this is a lie beaf?

7. Tell me, how many governors has South West produced after Awolowo that are role models of leadership? How many governors has the East produced like Nnamdi Azikiwe that can be role models of leadership? How Many governors in the Niger Delta are role models of leadership? Tell me. There is no evidence statistically that any past of this country has produced good leaders; Beaf kindly tell us of any NDeltan gov u would like to be like if given the opportunity to serve, SLS even went on to assert that no part of the country has produced role models not even his own northern extraction. That is a Nigerian way to talk, or are you proud of Ibori, if u were to campaign can you boldly say u want to follow in Iboris style of leadership or would you like to be labelled an Ibori!!

8.You talk about Babangida and the economy. Who were the people in charge of the economy during Babangida era? Olu Falae, Kalu Idika Kalu. What state are they from in the North? Babangida alone didnot ruin our economy both some fools aided him professionally either they were fools or did not know much about economics when they were put incharge of the economy, either way it is neither here nor ther, they all contributed to the situation we have found ourselves today, ask urself is Falae a poor man today, are his children in any school in Nigeria?

Sanusi is passionate about this country, and he is a northerner i can give my vote to in 2015, if he decides to run against Ribadu, because he has done his job well and is versed in politics, he sees Nigeria as a detribalised fellow, he is a man who works with policies, Sanusi has my support for presidency in 2015.

there are good yoruba, ibo, hausa, edos, deltas and co just the same way there are evil yorubas, ibos, hausas, edos, deltas and co.

We need to face facts and stop hiding behind general fallacies that can take us nowhere.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by SapeleGuy: 11:48pm On Nov 04, 2010
A lot of misconceptions are being masqueraded as fact.

"5.The Colonialists came, put that together and said it is now called the Northern Nigeria. Do you know what happened? Our grand fathers were able to transform to being Northerners, "

They embraced this because, they were subsidized by Mid West, East and Western Regions. They were financially better off. Don't pretend that this unity came from patriotic zeal.

To deny that there has not been northern domination is at best disingenuous. Sanusi can drop this pretence of national unity because his actions have been to the contrary.

Secondly, Nigeria has never been short of good writers. Rather than praising a central bank governor for skillfull policy making and economic growth, You people are praising his essay writing and prose skills?

Can you imagine the Unites States equivalent being praised for writing nice stories?

Please raise your expectations.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by T9ksy(m): 12:16am On Nov 05, 2010
Posted by: SapeleGuy
A lot of misconceptions are being masqueraded as fact.

Firstly, to deny that there has not been northern domination is at best disingenuous. Sanusi can drop this pretence of national unity because his actions have been to the contrary.

Secondly, Nigeria has never been short of good writers. Rather than praising a central bank governor for skillfull policy making and economic growth, You people are praising his essay writing and prose skills?

Can you imagine the Unites States equivalent being praised for writing nice stories?

Thank you ojare!!! The bolded portion above is a microcosm of our quandary.

Of course, Mr sanusi sees himself as a nigerian as he's a direct beneficiary of the lopsided system put in place by the departing ex-colonialists. Am certain, had the situation been any different, he surely would not be falling over himself now to proclaim and rejoice in his bloody nigerianess.

Oh well, he 's welcome to his dumb nigerianess but am not. Am first and foremost a yoruba man and proud to be a yorubaman. My only sorrow is having to share the same passport with the like of Mr. Sanusi. Everyday, I pray for the day when we can all go our separate ways as this unholy union has been nothing but a curse on us, yorubas.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by adconline(m): 1:00am On Nov 05, 2010
You talk about Babangida and the economy. Who were the people in charge of the economy during Babangida era? Olu Falae, Kalu Idika Kalu. What state are they from in the North?
This man is really an affront to historical fact and intellectualism. It's either he's suffering from acute amnesia or alzheimer's  disease to deny that north has not dominated Nigeria even when 1966 coup was called an Igbo coup. Fast forward to 2010, north is claiming that it'  their birthright to produce Nigeria's next president. The whole north is clamoring for this, not Sokoto Caliphate or Fulani.
So Sanusi believed that Olu Falae and Kalu Idika Kalu ran Nigerian economy and IBB was just watching? So his juniors and employees at CBN can draft and implement economic policies without his approval? What's his understanding of leadership or being in command?  IBB ruled with decree and overruled anybody who provided contrary opinion that did not meet his expected outcomes. Can SLS vouch that IBB was never in control of Nigeria's oil money?
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by marvix(m): 1:43am On Nov 05, 2010
@Sapele guy ignorance is bliss, no one is praising Sanusi for writing as a CBN governor, do you know that he has been writing on political discourse since his days at UBA, before he ever dreamt of becoming a CBN gov?

I followed a link put up by Jarus on this thread and to say the least I am impressed at Sanusis write ups, he sure knows how to place facts above fictions and when reading his piece u see clearly the line of fiction that you thot was real before disappear and the line of reality comes up.

His analysis of what happened in 1998 at the PDP primaries would tell you that he is not a Northern Chauvinists as people want us to believe, he is a completely detribalised Nigerian.

Sapele guy go follow up the link and read one of his presentation to Northern leaders in 1999 when they were preparing for a national conference to get an insight of what goes on in his mind.

@T9ksy what do you see yourself as, A yoruba living in Nigeria or a Nigerian who is from the yoruba speaking part. This would always affect your approach to issues, you feel you dont have a stake in the project called Nigeria, but there you are wrong, If Nigeria fails today the yoruba state would not last long.

@Adconline, do you know what Sanusi said in 1999 when Obj was made president go to the link Jarus provided, Sanusi attacked his people from the north for denying Ekhueme the presidency by conniving with the Yorubas to see the Ekhuemes presidency as a biafran agenda and then preached compensation for Abiola as a reason why the presidency should go to the Yorubas, but guess what the Northerners then laid aside all rules to ensure Obj became president, now all rules laid by them will also be set aside to allow a Niger Deltan become president in 2011.

Sanusi is a detribalised Nigerian with a mind of his own, he is a very fair commentator who would not fabricate information to win an arguement.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by T9ksy(m): 2:10am On Nov 05, 2010
Posted by: marvix
@T9ksy what do you see yourself as, A yoruba living in Nigeria or a Nigerian who is from the yoruba speaking part. This would always affect your approach to issues, you feel you dont have a stake in the project called Nigeria, but there you are wrong, If Nigeria fails today the yoruba state would not last long.

A yoruba living temporarily in a geographical space dubbed Nigeria.

What stake do i have in a country where my votes does not count? A country where some people have arrogated the right "to rule" to themselves and their kinsmen only.

I eagerly await the collapse of this dumb contraption and then we shall see whether the yoruba state will last or not. For now, keep ur advice to urself. worry about how ur region will fare at the eventual demise of this unholy marriage.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by adconline(m): 3:34am On Nov 05, 2010
@Marvix
,do you know what Sanusi said in 1999 when Obj was made president go to the link Jarus provided, Sanusi attacked his people from the north for denying Ekhueme the presidency by conniving with the Yorubas to see the Ekhuemes presidency as a biafran agenda and then preached compensation for Abiola as a reason why the presidency should go to the Yorubas, but guess what the Northerners then laid aside all rules to ensure Obj became president, now all rules laid by them will also be set aside to allow a Niger Deltan become president in 2011.

Sanusi is a detribalised Nigerian with a mind of his own, he is a very fair commentator who would not fabricate information to win an arguement

This guy argues with emotions not fact. That North was denied access to education by the Brits? The same Brits that fell in love with North because of their indirect rule. The same Brits that lived in the north? The same North that was represented by Sarduana, Belawa and Co? There was nothing Sokoto Caliphate or Fulani front in the way "north" presented itself in Naija's political history. The same north that opposed Tony Enahoro's motion for independence? Did you read Akanu Ibiam's letter to the Brits during the war?
Back to my point, it's only in Sanusi's mind that a minister can overrule his boss; never mind the point that IBB was a blood thirsty general in Naija Army. He implied that Olu Falae and Idika Kalu could have overruled IBB. He is holding brief for the entrenched political elite from the north. The Brits went away 50yrs ago and he's still making excuses for the political class who has not allowed their peers access to education. He premise was that southerners dominated power like northerners. This guy does not know what a priori statement means; because the northern class dominated Nigerian political more than any other region in the country. His inequality of thought is mind blowing; because he, SLS is holding bank CEOs responsible for the havoc they wrecked on Naija’s banking system, but failed to see IBB as a CEO who presided over a conglomerate called Nigeria. Why didn’t he-SLS- hold Chief Financial Officers of the troubled banks responsible instead of their CEOs?
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by aljharem(m): 3:42am On Nov 05, 2010
adconline:

@Marvix
,do you know what Sanusi said in 1999 when Obj was made president go to the link Jarus provided, Sanusi attacked his people from the north for denying Ekhueme the presidency by conniving with the Yorubas to see the Ekhuemes presidency as a biafran agenda and then preached compensation for Abiola as a reason why the presidency should go to the Yorubas, but guess what the Northerners then laid aside all rules to ensure Obj became president, now all rules laid by them will also be set aside to allow a Niger Deltan become president in 2011.

Sanusi is a detribalised Nigerian with a mind of his own, he is a very fair commentator who would not fabricate information to win an arguement

This guy argues with emotions not fact. That North was denied access to education by the Brits? The same Brits that fell in love with North because of their indirect rule. The same Brits that lived in the north? The same North that was represented by Sarduana, Belawa and Co? There was nothing Sokoto Caliphate or Fulani front in the way "north" presented itself in Naija's political history. The same north that opposed Tony Enahoro's motion for independence? Did you read Akanu Ibiam's letter to the Brits during the war?
Back to my point, it's only in Sanusi's mind that a minister can overrule his boss; never mind the point that IBB was a blood thirsty general in Naija Army. He implied that Olu Falae and Idika Kalu could have overruled IBB. He is holding brief for the entrenched political elite from the north. The Brits went away 50yrs ago and he's still making excuses for the political class who has not allowed their peers access to education. He premise was that southerners dominated power like northerners. This guy does not know what a priori statement means; because the northern class dominated Nigerian political more than any other region in the country. His inequality of thought is mind blowing; because he, SLS is holding bank CEOs responsible for the havoc they wrecked on Naija’s banking system, but failed to see IBB as a CEO who presided over a conglomerate called Nigeria. Why didn’t he-SLS- hold Chief Financial Officers of the troubled banks responsible instead of their CEOs?

gbam
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Jarus(m): 8:05am On Nov 05, 2010
I have had enough of this Sanusi debate since last year, and since I can see people argue with the mindset that nothing good can come from a Northerner, I have decided to stop engaging in this whole Sanusi debate again. If SLS was a southerner was a Southerner, I'm sure many people will see him as a genius, but since he's a Fulani man, people are suspicious of every move he makes. And before you remind me of Ribadu, let me tell you that that's an exception, and in fact the only Fulani political figure ever that is loved by majority of Southerners.

All these said, I take exception to the claim that Kalu Idika Kalu and Olu Falae were not partly responsible for the economic actions of IBB regime. Of course, it is the president that gives final approval, but most of these policies were drafted and sold to the president. The little economic success of Obj regime, principally debt relief, can easily be traced to Okonjo Iweala. More than Obj himself, his economic team of Iweala, Obi Ezekwesile, Soludo etc were responsible for the direction of the economy then. This was easy to see. Again, they achieved that through Obj's willingness to take their suggestions. Same thing in this YRD/GEJ era, whether we like it or not the Sanusis, Shamsudeen Usmans, Remi Babalolas, Agangas of this world cannot be isolated for whatever happened.

This doesn't mean IBB, Obj or YRD/GEJ can be absolved of the blame/praise, but the reality is their economic team cannot be absolved too.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by marvix(m): 10:19am On Nov 05, 2010
Thank you Jarus for your post, kindly send me Sanusis speeches that you have my add is marvixus@yahoo.com. I will really appreciate it, the guy is genius and a philosopher.

All those who think otherwise should read in details what he has written in the past before jumping into conclusion. Sanusi right now is been treated the way Buhari is been treated and this is not fair to them.

Nigerians want solutions to their problems but are blind and would not like to read to understand the next person before labelling him as an Islamic bigot and all sort.

The youths must rise above ethnicity, religion and primordial sentiments to lift this country out of the mess we have found ourselves, the northern agenda should be pursued in the interest of Nigeria so also the southern agenda, we must respect evry others opinion and judgements, people deserve to live in a way they choose but their freedom should not infringe on anothers freedom.

Jarus kindly mail me the speeches I am waiting.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by anyason: 11:22am On Nov 05, 2010
@Beaf,
Pls correct yourself first before correcting Sanusi. It is Urhobo and not Uhrobo.
Besides, like someone said earlier Sanusi made a speech (Verbal) while a reporter put it in writing. So how do know the spelling of a spoken word? Always use your brain and stop all these destructive criticism
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Epiphany(m): 11:23am On Nov 05, 2010
Jarus:

Like I have always said, I admire's Sanusi's writing skills and fearlessness in putting across his views, even as a corporate executive. Imagine a bank GM engaging professional writers/columnists on their own turf. I have over 30 of Sanusi's articles on my system here, and as requested by Hercules.

I have put some of such articles on NL before: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-320128.0.html

Thanks a lot Jarus - i am enjoying Sanusi's articles. The guy really does know how to articulate himself. It is rare to see people (Nigerians) with such good skills in writing as well as speaking. He puts a lot of career journalists to shame.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by opabukun(m): 11:25am On Nov 05, 2010
I LOVE TO HATE THIS GUY, BUT HE'S GOOD & BLUNT !
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by HamidO1(m): 11:31am On Nov 05, 2010
What is beaf talking about? Uhrobo/Urobo, who cares? I'm sure you've never heard Sanusi speak, the guy speaks so well, Like him or not, the guy brought some sanity to our banking sector, atleast he stopped thives like Ibru and co form grounding thier various banks and rendering numerous Nigerians jobless.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by vinmol: 11:38am On Nov 05, 2010
if the guy dey hungry e go fit speak tunrenchi? grin
i dey ask? cheesy

let him go and make friendly financial policies bo!

who cares about his elloquent facts and figures how has dat got to do with the price of fish in the market?

i will not forgive him for telling Fed. govt to increase PHCN tarrif with 200% when with the 3 increment already done this year there is still no difference
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Jarus(m): 11:46am On Nov 05, 2010
Epiphany:

Thanks a lot Jarus - i am enjoying Sanusi's articles. The guy really does know how to articulate himself. It is rare to see people (Nigerians) with such good skills in writing as well as speaking. He puts a lot of career journalists to shame.
Thanks. I find it disgusting when people dismiss the man as one gworo-chewing, cattle-rearing, illiterate aboki. He schooled in ABU and Sudan. And so what?

Like him or hate him, the guy sabi. Haba, imagine a banker delving into politics,political economy, history, culture, philosophy and even religion with such ease. You need to read his articles to know his depth of knowledge, and fearlessness and articulation in putting his opinion across. His mastery of English is second to none. Yet, he's an illiterate aboki.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by netotse(m): 11:58am On Nov 05, 2010
Sanusi has a right as a nigerian to comment on issues that affect nigeria, his position as CBN governor does not detract from that.

I think it's laudable that he would comment on issues despite being part of the elite. . .how many people in positions of authority can come out and say what they really feel? most of them shut up, take money and sell/silence their consciences in the name of 'sensitive positions'. As long is it cant be proven that his job is being affected aversely the man should go on soun jo!
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by henryhemon(m): 12:07pm On Nov 05, 2010
I do not see any reason for the tantrums thrown at each other on this thread,what sanusi is simply saying is on the need for us to develop our country no matter the ethinic divide we found ourselves.
Gej cannot cuz he's from south-south not develop the south west n vice versa,he is simply saying we should stop being selfish but people forget to see it in that light.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 05, 2010
l̴͖̲̖̱͎͋́̀̏̀͂͜ơ̴̢̘͖͖̟͔̲͉̣̖̒͐̑̑̈́̀̓̆̑͒̏̈́̽̇͌͆̚͘r̴̢̛͕̞̠̼̥͇͙̥̥̗̼͎̰̻̗̩̹̬̰̜̰̪̜̯͈̓̇͆͜ę̴̧̦̩̞̫̬̫͓̫̟̣͖̝̤̩̱̻͌̆̈̅̊̇̈́̄͒͆͂̒̋͗̀́͐̚͜͜m̵̳̬͎̦̼̖͙̻̞̲̳͎͖̤̜͙̞̘̪̥͈̮̲̫̈́̂̑̓̅͌̉̃̄́̎̈́͛̔̃̈͒͛̆̉̉̍̍͌̅̒̿͘͝ͅͅ ̸̨̛̛̮̱͖͇̗͉͙̭͉͕͖̯̼͂̀̆̔̀̽̿̆͐͑͑̀̈́̈͂͒̽̅̒́̒̚͘̚̚̕͝ͅͅͅį̷̨͚̜͖̪̯̦̼̹̤͇̱͕̹̯̓̂̎͊̎͐͊͂̽̈́͊̅̈̏̋͗̀̾̎̂̀̚͝ͅp̵̡͖̱̮̹̫͖̱̺͖͚̙͇̘͈̥̭͎̅̃͗͒̒̐̀̽͑̕̕̕͜͜ş̵̧̛͚͎̘̹̻̩͉̩͕͕͍̲̼̳̲̬͖̟͊̒̽̊͛͂͒̍̇̾̅̀̑̽̆͌̈́͒̀̒́̒̏̚͝͠u̸̧̫̯͉̥̬̗͚̹͙̇̑̾͌̃͌̈́̉̀͛̍̂̄̃̑͝m̵̨̧̛̲̰̰̫̰̖̗̟͉̝͚̯̞̮̪̝͚̯͔̖̻͉͈̫̫̩̞͗̀̈́̅͆̽̆̎͐͂͆̐̾͊̆͝ ̵̛̛̯̮͍͎̜̖̥̫̱͕̥̻̖̮͈̖͎̯͊̒̉̔̔̓̀̍̆̈̊̈́̀͑̓̎̓̄̚͘͜͠͝n̵̟̜̗̩̬̯̫͇̝̙̖̟͋́̒̾̃͒͊̂̇̔͌̎͌̂͠ͅả̸̡͇̟͕̓̾͗̋̄͆̆̒͆̃͐͝i̵̢̧̧̮̞̺̻̝̬̤̲͉̟̟̺̙̣̣̭̘̱̰͇̦̍̌̀̒̎̒͋̊͐̇̿̌͛̓̓͑̆́̉͊͗̿́͘͜͝r̵̻̱̼̣̊̏͂͌̎͊̿̈͂̒͂́̐̔͂̅̅̀͘͝a̵̢͓͉̪̯̯͕̲͔̘͎͓͖̅̄͌̓̈́̒̾̇̀̈́̊̐̋͊̏̎͒̆̊̈̿̑̀͋̒̕̕͠ͅͅl̵̺̩̙̣͉̙͍̱͉͚͖̬̻̮͒̓̄́̀̋̈́͋̈̚͠ḁ̷̛̼̤͔̩̱̜̱̯̦̭̗͓̘͈͔̹̟̥̹̈́̇̔̄̂̀̔͂̏́̆͂̀̀̈́̑͐̇̓͒͊̕̕͝͝n̴̢̛̥͇͇̤̓̎̅̐͑̔͒̐͆͒̾͗̒̓̒́̓̾͗̒͜͝͝ḑ̴̧̨̝̞̦̯̯̠̺̭̭̗̭̱̯͉̹͔̪̦̉͂̋̽̿͑̃̽̐͐͋̌̏͌͑͗̀̎͜͠͠͝͠
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by grandstar(m): 12:17pm On Nov 05, 2010
Why do you waste so much precious time on Nigeria past especially its future? Are many of you not familiar with the scriptures?

The scripture is clear " Psalms 146:3,4 says "  Do not put YOUR trust in nobles,
Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs.

4 His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground;
In that day his thoughts do perish"

Jesus told us to pray for Gods kingdom to come " Let your kingdom come, let your will tell place here on earth just as in Heaven"

What do you think will happen when that kingdom comes(Daniel 2:44). What do you think will happen to Nigeria and all the other kingdoms at that time? Who do you think will rule over that kingdom (Isaiah 9:6,7).

Let keep seeking first that kingdom Matthew 6:33 and all other things will be added to us.

It will come. Keep in expectation of it. Habakkuk 2:3

You can reach me on aristotlelus@yahoo.com for more on what the future holds for mankind
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by olaolabiy: 12:30pm On Nov 05, 2010
I really like the guy. He's BRILLIANT.

I have read some of his articles.

He's well-versed in a wide range of subjects.

He's an orator, as well.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by oluagness(m): 12:35pm On Nov 05, 2010
Sanusi did not say any truth. We are not one, let every region go on their own. We will remain West Africa or divided Nigeria and we can help each other in time of crisis.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by olaolabiy: 12:36pm On Nov 05, 2010
Jarus:

Thanks. I find it disgusting when people dismiss the man as one gworo-chewing, cattle-rearing, illiterate aboki. He schooled in ABU and Sudan. And so what?

You dey mind them. Typical Nigerian mentality.

They don't know the difference between intelligence and education.

We talk more about qualifications and less about intelligence. We talk more about schools attended and less about life experiences. We also love tittles. Things that matter not in other climes.

Naija.

Jarus:

Like him or hate him, the guy sabi. Haba, imagine a banker delving into politics,political economy, history, culture, philosophy and even religion with such ease. You need to read his articles to know his depth of knowledge, and fearlessness and articulation in putting his opinion across. His mastery of English is second to none. Yet, he's an illiterate aboki.

Fact!
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by oluagness(m): 12:49pm On Nov 05, 2010
[quote
You talk about Babangida and the economy. Who were the people in charge of the economy during Babangida era? Olu Falae, Kalu Idika Kalu. What state are they from in the North?
[quote][/quote]
It seems he is using his brilliant style to be campaigning for IBB.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Beaf: 1:24pm On Nov 05, 2010
anyason:

@Beaf,
Pls correct yourself first before correcting Sanusi. It is Urhobo and not Uhrobo.
Besides, like someone said earlier Sanusi made a speech (Verbal) while a reporter put it in writing. So how do know the spelling of a spoken word? Always use your brain and stop all these destructive criticism

Shut your bloody trap and cut out dim interjections. Please do not engage me if you are incapable of commanding logic, I find such people to be a waste of time.

Do you have anything to say about his much more fundamental falsification of the history of the Niger Delta? It is fools like you that Sanusi sells his snake oil to. Sanusi is nothing but a myth starter; he name drops people and ethnicities to impress, only to wrap glitter over falsehood (like wrapping excreta in gold). His whole speech can be summarised as:

[list]
[li]The North has never been a single political unit. . . Fail![/li]
[li]The British did not educate Northerners, therefore don't blame them for being educationally backward. . . Fail! [/li]
[li]Despite the core North ruling the country for 39 of its 50 years, they are not to blame for Nigeria’s failure. . . Fail! [/li]
[li]Southerners are the reason IBB's economic plans failed. . . Fail! [/li]
[li]Urhobo and Itsekiri people stopped quarrelling because they discovered oil. . . Fail! [/li]
[li]We must maintain the status quo and keep drilling oil without considering any human rights cries or wider detriment to our economic/developmental future, because oil is our only resource. . . Fail! [/li]
[/list]

Sanusi also said this:

There are good Yoruba people, good Igbo people, good Fulani people, good Nigerians and there are bad people everywhere. That is the truth.

Very true, but Sanusi is not one.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by auwal87(m): 1:29pm On Nov 05, 2010
Sanusi you have disappointed me.

Why should we continue to stay with those RACISTS southerners? Especially those south easterners. They know nothing but hatred, selfishness, cowardliness, and destigmatization. They say they hate us, they even die to show they hate us (civil war), they do everything to bring us down down down. They hate anything from North or Hausa or Fulani. They hate our children, they hate our women, they hate our religion, they hate everything about us. Why must we remain together? Why must we continue to use their resources on their homelands? Sanusi, I was counting on you as one of those great leaders of Arewa Republic (Hausaland), but now you have disappointed me. Sanusi, you have to change your mind, we have to save ourselves, our brothers, our children, from those devils of the south east, they simply HATE US. This is not just on the Internet, it is EVERYWHERE, you just have to understand.

Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Beaf: 1:34pm On Nov 05, 2010
^
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Dis one na sickness o! Don't forget to take ya drugs, 7 after each meal (two pink, one green, three capsules and one red one). Also, do not mix drugs and alcohol.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by auwal87(m): 1:37pm On Nov 05, 2010
Beaf:

^
Dis one na sickness o!

You should have just mentioned the therapy!

Don't you hate us?
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 05, 2010
l̴͖̲̖̱͎͋́̀̏̀͂͜ơ̴̢̘͖͖̟͔̲͉̣̖̒͐̑̑̈́̀̓̆̑͒̏̈́̽̇͌͆̚͘r̴̢̛͕̞̠̼̥͇͙̥̥̗̼͎̰̻̗̩̹̬̰̜̰̪̜̯͈̓̇͆͜ę̴̧̦̩̞̫̬̫͓̫̟̣͖̝̤̩̱̻͌̆̈̅̊̇̈́̄͒͆͂̒̋͗̀́͐̚͜͜m̵̳̬͎̦̼̖͙̻̞̲̳͎͖̤̜͙̞̘̪̥͈̮̲̫̈́̂̑̓̅͌̉̃̄́̎̈́͛̔̃̈͒͛̆̉̉̍̍͌̅̒̿͘͝ͅͅ ̸̨̛̛̮̱͖͇̗͉͙̭͉͕͖̯̼͂̀̆̔̀̽̿̆͐͑͑̀̈́̈͂͒̽̅̒́̒̚͘̚̚̕͝ͅͅͅį̷̨͚̜͖̪̯̦̼̹̤͇̱͕̹̯̓̂̎͊̎͐͊͂̽̈́͊̅̈̏̋͗̀̾̎̂̀̚͝ͅp̵̡͖̱̮̹̫͖̱̺͖͚̙͇̘͈̥̭͎̅̃͗͒̒̐̀̽͑̕̕̕͜͜ş̵̧̛͚͎̘̹̻̩͉̩͕͕͍̲̼̳̲̬͖̟͊̒̽̊͛͂͒̍̇̾̅̀̑̽̆͌̈́͒̀̒́̒̏̚͝͠u̸̧̫̯͉̥̬̗͚̹͙̇̑̾͌̃͌̈́̉̀͛̍̂̄̃̑͝m̵̨̧̛̲̰̰̫̰̖̗̟͉̝͚̯̞̮̪̝͚̯͔̖̻͉͈̫̫̩̞͗̀̈́̅͆̽̆̎͐͂͆̐̾͊̆͝ ̵̛̛̯̮͍͎̜̖̥̫̱͕̥̻̖̮͈̖͎̯͊̒̉̔̔̓̀̍̆̈̊̈́̀͑̓̎̓̄̚͘͜͠͝n̵̟̜̗̩̬̯̫͇̝̙̖̟͋́̒̾̃͒͊̂̇̔͌̎͌̂͠ͅả̸̡͇̟͕̓̾͗̋̄͆̆̒͆̃͐͝i̵̢̧̧̮̞̺̻̝̬̤̲͉̟̟̺̙̣̣̭̘̱̰͇̦̍̌̀̒̎̒͋̊͐̇̿̌͛̓̓͑̆́̉͊͗̿́͘͜͝r̵̻̱̼̣̊̏͂͌̎͊̿̈͂̒͂́̐̔͂̅̅̀͘͝a̵̢͓͉̪̯̯͕̲͔̘͎͓͖̅̄͌̓̈́̒̾̇̀̈́̊̐̋͊̏̎͒̆̊̈̿̑̀͋̒̕̕͠ͅͅl̵̺̩̙̣͉̙͍̱͉͚͖̬̻̮͒̓̄́̀̋̈́͋̈̚͠ḁ̷̛̼̤͔̩̱̜̱̯̦̭̗͓̘͈͔̹̟̥̹̈́̇̔̄̂̀̔͂̏́̆͂̀̀̈́̑͐̇̓͒͊̕̕͝͝n̴̢̛̥͇͇̤̓̎̅̐͑̔͒̐͆͒̾͗̒̓̒́̓̾͗̒͜͝͝ḑ̴̧̨̝̞̦̯̯̠̺̭̭̗̭̱̯͉̹͔̪̦̉͂̋̽̿͑̃̽̐͐͋̌̏͌͑͗̀̎͜͠͠͝͠
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by aljharem(m): 1:44pm On Nov 05, 2010
auwal87:

Why should we continue to stay with those RACISTS southerners? Especially those south easterners. They know nothing but hatred, selfishness, cowardliness, and destigmatization. They say they hate us, they even die to show they hate us (civil war), they do everything to bring us down down down. They hate anything from North or Hausa or Fulani. They hate our children, they hate our women, they hate our religion, they hate everything about us. Why must we remain together? Why must we continue to use their resources on their homelands? Sanusi, I was counting on you as one of those great leaders of Arewa Republic (Hausaland), but now you have disappointed me. Sanusi, you have to change your mind, we have to save ourselves, our brothers, our children, from those devils of the south east, they simply HATE US. This is not just on the Internet, it is EVERYWHERE, you just have to understand.

auwal87

so u too noticed in all there actions, it is only the south west that have accommodiated us and our religion, but it does not mean we should take them for grated.
our northern brother keep pushing there luck that why there is always fight between the yorubas and us, but apart from that nothing else.

i think the south-south ppl just want a form of resource control

who would blame them, if this was done in the north, i trust my brothers would have turn this country upside down.

so lets try to understand them

Bari a fi saliha

as for the south- east lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by 9javoice1(m): 1:44pm On Nov 05, 2010
). What he did not say was that there was a documented policy of the British when they came that the Northerner should not be educated. It was documented. It was British colonial policy. I have the document. I have published articles on it. That if you educate the Northerner you will produce progressive Muslim intellectuals of the type we have in Egypt and India. So, do not educate them. It was documented. And you say they love us (North).

Where did this man get this nonsense information from.How can he blame the the british for the norths ilitracy. if the brits hav their way they will choose the northerners to be more educated than other parts of the country. reason is because they never trouble the british rule infact they even want them to continue ruling nigeria. how can one SLS com on today with the jagon of a document. many people hav formulated documents to claim a thing,its not an issue of today.

Let this SLS go and put our economy in order instead of coming here to talk about matters he have no idea of. Listen i sense danger on SLS office and he want to use this oportunity to drag our mind out from.  Besides he is talking out of contest, period.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by jason12345: 1:45pm On Nov 05, 2010
Beaf:

^
Dis one na sickness o! Don't forget to take ya drugs, 7 after each meal (two pink, one green, three capsules and one red one). Also, do not mix drugs and alcohol.

no bi sickness!!! that's the way we southerners have been treating them on the internet especially the SE. what do you expect a people to do? just watch as we derogate them with insults?

auwal87:

you have not understood south -south are crying for!!! they also love nigeria but we cannot, i repeat cannot just depend on them for our wealth when we have untapped resources elsewhere.

also, we (north and south) cannot take destroy their environment, take their means of livelihood and expect them not to react!!! it is not possible. instead of feeling disappointed, take you time to read what they are agitating for, visit ND (if you have time) and know what is going on.

also, if it was the north that had the resources the ND has, you and i know that the north would have been agitating for separation or the conversion of every nigerian into muslim

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Nation Represented By Idiots: Nigerian House Of Reps Summon Hyundai Motors / “CAN Ready To Sue Boko Haram” – Pastor Oritsejafor / Obiano Presents N166.9bn 2018 Budget To Anambra House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.