Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,791 members, 7,875,966 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:46 AM

Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination (8245 Views)

Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria / Open Letter To Alhaji Aliko Dangote On Northern Nigeria And Boko Haram / We ‘re On Northern Govs’payroll – Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by mbulela: 9:21pm On Nov 05, 2010
“The problem is: everywhere in this country, there is one Hausa, Ibo, Yoruba and Itshekiri man whose concern is how to get his hands on the pile and how much he can steal.

Whether it is in the military or in the civilian government, they seat down, they eat together. In fact, the constitution says there must be a minister from every state.

“So, anybody that is still preaching that the problem of Nigeria is Yoruba or Hausa or Fulani, he does not love Nigeria. The problem with Nigeria is that a group of people from each and every ethnic tribe is very selfish

i might not agree with parts of his argument but the part shown above resonates with me exceedingly.
so far, our problem has been one of leadership and it knows no ethnic boundaries.
whether you support the status quo or you are a supporter of the break up of the entity called Nigeria, you must acknowledge that thieves masquerading as leaders is a problem that permeates down to even our LGAs.It is not an ethnic thing.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Beaf: 9:48pm On Nov 05, 2010
mbulela:

I was nodding in agreement until i got to the highlighted phrase.
The Niger Delta militancy is plain criminality and banditry that is being fed by a state that lacks the moral and political will to address it.

So you think the govt must address the Niger Delta militancy before it addresses Niger Delta issues?
Dude, thats weird. I don't think you've read how foreigners view the human rights issues in the Niger Delta, it is a massive disgrace on Nigeria. Throughout the BP oil leak in the US, their newsrooms kept referring to Nigeria and the unbelievably polluted state of the ND. But, hey! There are glaring reasons why Nigeria is so backward; some would proffer corruption, others tribalism or a mixture of both - a factor most miss though, is the level of wickedness on the Nigerian street.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by jason12345: 10:01pm On Nov 05, 2010
rethink:

@Okunoba

Very Good let us ask ourselves what has the southern elite done. Should the Oba of benin take responsibility for an action of a Niger Delta Militant? What defines The Muslim North? The southern Parasitic Elite had a Psychological strangle hold on our reasoning. We accuse the Imaginary North of the same thing we indulge in. We need mental fasting.

in as much as i don't support northern bashing, i have to address the bolded part.

1) in the west, they had free education, free health services, first television station in africa and the first university!

2) the mid west/ND had a very high standard of living

3) the east was consist of very hardworking and motivated people. they also were very educated and had a high standard of living.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by dumodust(m): 11:34pm On Nov 05, 2010
i like this sanusi guy, i'm from anambra state and i dont bloody care where he's from. nigerians always cloud clear issues with ethnicity, even ibori was protected at oghara, ibori!!! an international thief and robber. let's stop this divisive and sharing tendencies. great countries got to where they are now by making sacrifices for the future, i'm not seeing that in nigeria. at the rate that we're going, one day my little village hamlet will have a north and south and we'll start talking of resource control for the solitary borehole that supplies water that is situated in nwafor's compound. we have lost focus and we forget why we are a nation and when i hear men like ciroma talk, i suddenly see no silver linings in dark clouds. may God forgive us all and allow the best man to win in 2010,
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by olaolabiy: 12:45am On Nov 06, 2010
dumodust:

i like this sanusi guy, i'm from anambra state and i dont bloody care where he's from. nigerians always cloud clear issues with ethnicity, even ibori was protected at oghara, ibori!!! an international thief and robber. let's stop this divisive and sharing tendencies. great countries got to where they are now by making sacrifices for the future, i'm not seeing that in nigeria. at the rate that we're going, one day my little village hamlet will have a north and south and we'll start talking of resource control for the solitary borehole that supplies water that is situated in nwafor's compound. we have lost focus and we forget why we are a nation and when i hear men like ciroma talk, i suddenly see no silver linings in dark clouds. may God forgive us all and allow the best man to win in 2010,

Best man? Nah.

Crooks, all.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by ShangoThor(m): 2:19am On Nov 06, 2010
“The problem is: everywhere in this country, there is one Hausa, Ibo, Yoruba and Itshekiri man whose concern is how to get his hands on the pile and how much he can steal,
“So, anybody that is still preaching that the problem of Nigeria is Yoruba or Hausa or Fulani, he does not love Nigeria. The problem with Nigeria is that a group of people from each and every ethnic tribe is very selfish, 

I actually agree with Sanusi about the extent of the greed of the existing elite, this is irrefutable.  However, not acknowledging that the schism between the North and South has contributed towards obscuring the notion of accountability is misleading and selective.

There are crooks everywhere in the world, but what really matters is the existence of a system that can hold them accountable. Moreover, 50 years into independence, and the State still has not been able to devise a fail-safe system that would stop the looting, this is what interests me personally.

The Political entity and Colonial construct we have today has unnecessary and added layers of complexity that serve to obscure and hinder accountability. 

It’s akin to trying to have two independent Operating systems (Windows and Apple) running simultaneously on one Computer (which is logically impossible) and then having a virus that is jumping to and fro Operation systems. The point is you’ll never be able to probe such a virus let alone identify, isolate and purge it. Ironically, the amalgamation of both Colonies guaranteed that the integrity of the system would always be subject to compromise.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by martiniflo: 2:26am On Nov 06, 2010
God knows i never liked dis sanusi how can we ave a vibrant economy,when we put somebody who studied arabic in charge of our CBN
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by FindOut(m): 10:17am On Nov 06, 2010
martiniflo:

God knows i never liked dis sanusi how can we ave a vibrant economy,when we put somebody who studied arabic in charge of our CBN
He has a degree in Islamic studies,not arabic lang. & i see no reason a man who spent many years in UBA as a senior staff, before moving to First Bank,where he rose to become the GMD/CEO, cannot become a CBN governor. Many of those who were screamin "Northern Agenda" last year are beginnin to shut their mouths when they have seen the "southern agenda" Ibru,Akingbola & co. were demonstratin at their banks. It's very likely that if Ibru especially wasn't stopped at that time,through her removal, Oceanic bank might hav ceased to exist today(source: a former senior staff @ Oceanic who scampered to Zenith just before Sanusi stepped in). So pls, its OK to hav issues wit his policies & not his educational qualificatns, Oh,did i forget to add that he also has an M.Sc. In Economics,something u didnt add either out of ignorance or malice.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by rethink: 7:31pm On Nov 06, 2010
@Mbulela and Beaf.

Look at the double standards. Let me agree for the sake of arguement that the stereotype you and the Parasitic elites created is true, dont we as first Nigerians have it as a duty to Love our brethren. You see a typical Jobless Southerner is Just brainless as an Almajiri. We accuse the north of the same thing. We always foolishly look at the "north" through the Eyes of Oil and Education. What have we done with our education? Have we created jobs for all the people of the South? If the south was an Egalitarian society dont "we" think that "we" should be the ones employing "them" as slaves?

If they are the cause of "our problem" does it not allude to the fact that "we" are weaker? Our elites tell us that "they" are the problem they fail to tell us how. We cant continue with this stupidity. We are weakening ourselves. I dont care about this foolish politics of secession. If we most splint it must be done in Peace. Haters of Nigerian dont have a solution hence they incite. I have sworn that Anywhere and anytime I see hate I will fight it with all I have.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Beaf: 8:08pm On Nov 06, 2010
rethink:

@Mbulela and Beaf.

Look at the double standards. Let me agree for the sake of arguement that the stereotype you and the Parasitic elites created is true, dont we as first Nigerians have it as a duty to Love our brethren. You see a typical Jobless Southerner is Just brainless as an Almajiri. We accuse the north of the same thing. We always foolishly look at the "north" through the Eyes of Oil and Education. What have we done with our education? Have we created jobs for all the people of the South? If the south was an Egalitarian society dont "we" think that "we" should be the ones employing "them" as slaves?

If they are the cause of "our problem" does it not allude to the fact that "we" are weaker? Our elites tell us that "they" are the problem they fail to tell us how. We cant continue with this stupidity. We are weakening ourselves. I dont care about this foolish politics of secession. If we most splint it must be done in Peace. Haters of Nigerian dont have a solution hence they incite. I have sworn that Anywhere and anytime I see hate I will fight it with all I have.

You started well and ended crossing yourself out. There is no such feeling of '"we" are weaker.' In fact thinking in such terms is backward and shallow. You can be rest assured that the average Southerner is quietly confident, you will note that all threats of violence and mayhem have been emanating from the North. Threats are a sign of insecurity and fear, an effect of not being able to cope with structured positions of their Southern colleagues (something that can only come from an educated minds).

Nigeria is an unequal society simply because, the North were the civil war victors and they built an unfair country around military representation; their kids joined the army or FG, while Southern kids got an education. Today, we live in a society that is democratic and the brute force of the army has been made ineffective as a force to move the country in any direction; as a result, the North is suffering massively.

It might sound funny to some, but the solution to 90% of Nigeria's problem is to massively educate Northerners.
Any other line of action is just going to further complicate matters. In the meantime, Natural order will take its cause.

I really hope that Jonathan can formulate a comprehensive programme of education for the North, post 2011, its the only way forward and I feel it is best for a Southerner to carry out that task.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by lolatom: 9:05pm On Nov 06, 2010
Beaf:

You started well and ended crossing yourself out. There is no such feeling of '"we" are weaker.' In fact thinking in such terms is backward and shallow. You can be rest assured that the average Southerner is quietly confident, you will note that all threats of violence and mayhem have been emanating from the North. Threats are a sign of insecurity and fear, an effect of not being able to cope with structured positions of their Southern colleagues (something that can only come from an educated minds).

Nigeria is an unequal society simply because, the North were the civil war victors and they built an unfair country around military representation; their kids joined the army or FG, while Southern kids got an education. Today, we live in a society that is democratic and the brute force of the army has been made ineffective as a force to move the country in any direction; as a result, the North is suffering massively.

It might sound funny to some, but the solution to 90% of Nigeria's problem is to massively educate Northerners.
Any other line of action is just going to further complicate matters. In the meantime, Natural order will take its cause.

I really hope that Jonathan can formulate a comprehensive programme of education for the North, post 2011, its the only way forward and I feel it is best for a Southerner to carry out that task.

GBAM!
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by JaaizTech: 9:26pm On Nov 06, 2010
lolatom:

GBAM!
Beaf:

Pls. clear you mind or your head and listen to yourself. What sense does all this make to youThe solution to Nigeria's problem is educating the North Ok. Lets take it bit by bit; I assume you a southerner and you live somewhere in the south-west, lets say Ogun state. Pls kindly explain how the poor level of education in the North has affected the performance of your Governor or your commissioners. Pls. explain further, how the lack of education in the North or how a northern policy has affected power in the last ten years, has affected poor roads in your community, or lack pipe-borne water etc.

So stop all this hate preaching; a lot of you preaching this division are not from the Niger-Delta, but assume that when the issue of splitting comes, Nigeria will split to North and South(including Niger Delta); so you all feel taken care of. All of us are enjoying the Niger-delta oil and not only the Northerners; The North is not the problem of any region in this country, is it the North that told Alamiesegha, Ibori, to embezzle their people's money or is it the North that told Obasanjo to rig elections in all the south-western states Is it the North that is sponsoring the robbery in the South-east. Is it the North that told your Governors not to bring developments to your states Why do we talk about the North, like one GHOST STATE.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Beaf: 11:38pm On Nov 06, 2010
JaaizTech:

Pls. clear you mind or your head and listen to yourself. What sense does all this make to youThe solution to Nigeria's problem is educating the North Ok. Lets take it bit by bit; I assume you a southerner and you live somewhere in the south-west, lets say Ogun state. Pls kindly explain how the poor level of education in the North has affected the performance of your Governor or your commissioners. Pls. explain further, how the lack of education in the North or how a northern policy has affected power in the last ten years, has affected poor roads in your community, or lack pipe-borne water etc.

So stop all this hate preaching; a lot of you preaching this division are not from the Niger-Delta, but assume that when the issue of splitting comes, Nigeria will split to North and South(including Niger Delta); so you all feel taken care of. All of us are enjoying the Niger-delta oil and not only the Northerners; The North is not the problem of any region in this country, is it the North that told Alamiesegha, Ibori, to embezzle their people's money or is it the North that told Obasanjo to rig elections in all the south-western states Is it the North that is sponsoring the robbery in the South-east. Is it the North that told your Governors not to bring developments to your states Why do we talk about the North, like one GHOST STATE.

If you are a Northerner, then you ought to be thoroughly ashamed of your response. It is to preempt sentimental responses like the above that I asserted that it would be best for a Southerner to undertake a programme of massive education in the North, because any Northerner doing it might be torn to peaces by his very own. There are an estimated 10 million almajiri's and there are many vested interests in the almajiri industry.

I'm shocked you actually asked how the poor level of education in the North affects the whole country. If there are 10 million kids running rampant with begging bowls instead of going to school, its quite obvious that 10 million members of the workforce have been grounded. No? Do you know that there are industrialised countries whose populations are less than 10 million? Singapore, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Switzerland, Luxembourg etc etc

Aside from not contributing to the workforce, those 10 million act as a drag on the rest of society, because they must be fed and clothed without contributing a farthing to the countries development.

Perhaps, you have never heard of the thousands of Southerners that are slaughtered each time a white person in far away Europe annoys some misguided Imam. Who do you think does the massacring? Mosquito's or fcked up almajiri's?

Lastly, the most important element in a peaceful and progessing Nigeria, is the ability of all to reason on the same level. It is impossible to aciheve this without all sides being equally educated, in fact the reason the likes of Ciroma, Kaita and their gang of bats resort to threats of violence is a lack of proper education.

The huge gap in education between North and South is deeply reflected in the countries overall economic and intellectuall output. In field after field, it is glaring that the country is losing the Norths contribution, check this list of reknowned Nigerian writers; how many Northerners are on it? Its not that the brain power isn't there, its just that enough numbers don't bloody go to school; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_writers

Dude, go and drink water and exhaust your sentiment elsewhere jare!
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by DeSheikh(m): 11:39pm On Nov 06, 2010
sad
The future seems very bleak. When people are so blinded by hate that they fail to recognize common sense , I am lost for words.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by JaaizTech: 2:24pm On Nov 07, 2010
Beaf:

If you are a Northerner, then you ought to be thoroughly ashamed of your response. It is to preempt sentimental responses like the above that I asserted that it would be best for a Southerner to undertake a programme of massive education in the North, because any Northerner doing it might be torn to peaces by his very own. There are an estimated 10 million almajiri's and there are many vested interests in the almajiri industry.

I'm shocked you actually asked how the poor level of education in the North affects the whole country. If there are 10 million kids running rampant with begging bowls instead of going to school, its quite obvious that 10 million members of the workforce have been grounded. No? Do you know that there are industrialised countries whose populations are less than 10 million? Singapore, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Switzerland, Luxembourg etc etc

Aside from not contributing to the workforce, those 10 million act as a drag on the rest of society, because they must be fed and clothed without contributing a farthing to the countries development.

Perhaps, you have never heard of the thousands of Southerners that are slaughtered each time a white person in far away Europe annoys some misguided Imam. Who do you think does the massacring? Mosquito's or fcked up almajiri's?

Lastly, the most important element in a peaceful and progessing Nigeria, is the ability of all to reason on the same level. It is impossible to aciheve this without all sides being equally educated, in fact the reason the likes of Ciroma, Kaita and their gang of bats resort to threats of violence is a lack of proper education.

The huge gap in education between North and South is deeply reflected in the countries overall economic and intellectuall output. In field after field, it is glaring that the country is losing the Norths contribution, check this list of reknowned Nigerian writers; how many Northerners are on it? Its not that the brain power isn't there, its just that enough numbers don't bloody go to school; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_writers

Firstly, I am a southerner, thoroughbred lagos boy; I see your arguments but I don't see the correlation; firstly, you talk about the North's contribution to the workforce as if the workforce in Nigeria is inadequate; lack of workforce isn't our problem. Are there enough jobs for the capable workforce we have now Are there enabling environment plus infrastructure for we southerners who passed through several levels of education to actually create jobs.
Yes, the North is not half as educated as we are; yes they recognize that is a problem for them to face, and NO, they are not doing enough. But to say the problem of Nigeria is as a result of poor education in the North is utter rubbish.

Tell me what the excellent education in the south has put on the table for the south; if not the glory of the Niger-Delta oil we are all living on. And there are brilliant Northerners doing well for the whole country: Aliko Dangote, Dantata (Dantata & Sawoe);Chanchagi, Rahmaniyya; the El-Rufais, Sanusi Lamido, Rilwan Lukman have all shown some brilliance. So stop talking about the North as if all there is to the north is Al-majiris. We have worse area boys and worse security threats down south. People in the South-East live under constant threat of insecurity, ask any of the telecommunication companies or contractors what they face when working on any site in the south and what they face when working in the North
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Beaf: 9:21pm On Nov 07, 2010
JaaizTech:

Firstly, I am a southerner, thoroughbred lagos boy; I see your arguments but I don't see the correlation; firstly, you talk about the North's contribution to the workforce as if the workforce in Nigeria is inadequate; lack of workforce isn't our problem. Are there enough jobs for the capable workforce we have now Are there enabling environment plus infrastructure for we southerners who passed through several levels of education to actually create jobs.
Yes, the North is not half as educated as we are; yes they recognize that is a problem for them to face, and NO, they are not doing enough. But to say the problem of Nigeria is as a result of poor education in the North is utter rubbish.

Tell me what the excellent education in the south has put on the table for the south; if not the glory of the Niger-Delta oil we are all living on. And there are brilliant Northerners doing well for the whole country: Aliko Dangote, Dantata (Dantata & Sawoe);Chanchagi, Rahmaniyya; the El-Rufais, Sanusi Lamido, Rilwan Lukman have all shown some brilliance. So stop talking about the North as if all there is to the north is Al-majiris. We have worse area boys and worse security threats down south. People in the South-East live under constant threat of insecurity, ask any of the telecommunication companies or contractors what they face when working on any site in the south and what they face when working in the North

I think you are only listening to yourself and going off on a tangent. Firstly, if we double the number of educated people in the country, job opportunities will increase exponentially, it is impossible to point out a poor country or even one with high unemployment where the citizens are educated. Education produces a multiplier effect whose end result is to tremendously improve quality of life (that also includes the creation of jobs and opportunities). To claim that education is useless is to wildly misfire.

There is no argument about whether there are brilliant Northerners or not. It is about the proportion of our 10 million almajiri's that could have turned out industry captains or Nobel Laureates.
10 million is by no means a trivial figure, its magnitude alone points to a crisis of immense proportions, but it is only in Nigeria that some would point to the existence of a handful of names (a couple of them, very dubious) as reason why educational decay in their community is permissible. The last census of almajiri's in Kano city alone in 2006, put the figure for that city at 1.2 million! If that isn't Nigeria's biggest problem, I wonder what is.

If the masses of minds in North and South have to meet, agree and compromise, then the majority of minds on both sides must be educated, otherwise there can be no common understanding. What are kids that grew up attending schools going to have in common with kids that grew up as almajiri's? Without equality in education, the masses in the North and South can never agree.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Amjustme: 10:27pm On Nov 07, 2010
HYPOCRITE!
This explains why he has been recruiting silently only northern hausa/fulani muslims at the central bank of nig.
hisses n walks away
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by sunnyprof: 10:03am On Nov 08, 2010
ND Comrades,

Please lets look at something very objective here:

The challenge Sanusi had posed here is that the pre-independence Nigeria had a better mentality of unity than our present generation. GBAM !!

He is speaking as just a 'Nigerian" and wants us to look for a means to work out a united nigeria where 'east or west, north or south' 'home is home': NIGERIA - no sentiments of ethnicity, tribalism, favoritism or nepotism, One Country united in thought and aim though differ in culture or location.

Can we model after America, a multi-ethnic nationality. Here we have a challenge.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by sunnyprof: 10:55am On Nov 08, 2010
However I think I pick some useful points in this thread.

Beaf offered a simple solution, it is one of the prompt suggestion I want:

1. massive education of Northern Nigeria.

others are:

2. Let the elites build more industries in the Niger Delta (from all the so called 'loot' gathered all these years.

3. I also think there is need for 'free and full' education in the Niger Delta State. they also still a lot 'educationally disadvantaged' till now

4. Niger Delta governors should be held accountable to develop infrastutures. They need to create opportunities for their people

5. South West should ensure the continuity of the education and industrial legacy of the Awolowo revolution.

6. Let's sing one tone to our young generation "Home is home: Nigeria, whether North or South, East or West: Nigeria'
it may look like a slogan but it will be the only simple thing they will know about Nigeria above all other sentiments and then we can meet up the challenge of this Unity we are all talking about. NYSC could not achieve this because we are do it alongside keeping our sentiments aloud in our hears too.

I know there are other solutions or Ideas but lets go from here and give it a five year plan, then follow with other macro steps.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by sunnyprof: 10:58am On Nov 08, 2010
Sorry I missed some spellings in my hurry respond with this thought above.

e.g. Infrastructure etc.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by redsun(m): 9:31pm On Nov 08, 2010
This guy to a great extent is a dude.He summoned it all.They try to make nigerian factor look as if it's a tribal problem while it's just d rogue leaders against d peeps. Ignorance against knowledge.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by matchy: 10:01am On Nov 09, 2010
We should all not crucify Sanusi without taking time to understand him. All he is saying is that we all have faults and should look to the future instead of the past. Nobody younger than 50 should have any form of racial prejudice guiding his decisions. Otherwise, we can not have an "Obama" from an unexpected background as president.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Maxidoe(m): 1:08pm On Nov 09, 2010
Beaf:

You have allowed your anger and hatred to becloud your judgment hence you have decided to wallow in self deceit.JaaizTech asked you some questions, but you clearly chose to ignore them.Illiteracy in the north and the country is no doubt a big problem in this nation, but saying the problem in Nigeria is the lack of adequate education in the north is nothing but fallacy.I would put the questions JaaizTech asked you:
-OBJ stole 16 billion dollars that was meant for rehalbiltating PHCN.Power is one of our biggest prob in this country, if he had trully spent that money, every nooky, cranny in Naija and beyond would have 24hrs uniterupted power supply.How is that the fault of the North?
-Even when Yenagoa had one major road, alameyesia suqndered hundreds of billions of Naira, how is this the fault of the North?
-When Odili sponsored and encouraged cultism in PH, squandered billions of dollars, how is that the north's fault?
-When Ibori raped Delta state to the tune of 400 billion naira, how is it the North's fault and imposed his cousin as governor?
-If you have been to Delta of recent, then you would know, Uduagan is also trying to break Ibori's record in stealing, how is that the North's fault?
-When bank chiefs like Ibru,Akingbola decided to drain the bank make it bankrupt, by stealing unimaginable billions how is that the north's fault?
-When all the south east governors decided not to develop and build roads, again i ask how is it the North's faults?
-The south has the worst roads, yet they have governors, how is it also the North's fault?
-The spate of kidnapping and armed robbery in the south, how is it the North's fault?
-The south south collects so much monthly subvention from the federation account, i mean oil producing states, yet they do nothing in their states, how is that also the North's fault?
-Igbenedion was governor for 8yrs, also an oil producing state,yet did nothing for absolutely nothing, is that also the North's fault?
-The IG for the past 10 yrs or more have been southerners, you and i know what the police stands for is that also the North's fault?
-Soludo a reknowned prof, was CBN governor, he knew the rot in the banking sector, yet the bank of the year is usually Oceanic or Intercontinental, is that also the North's fault?

Until we sountherners hold our leaders responsible, especially the Niger delta who collect excess, we would remain where we are, we want to blaming the north is just ridiculous.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Beaf: 2:03pm On Nov 09, 2010
Maxidoe:

You have allowed your anger and hatred to becloud your judgment hence you have decided to wallow in self deceit.JaaizTech asked you some questions, but you clearly chose to ignore them.Illiteracy in the north and the country is no doubt a big problem in this nation, but saying the problem in Nigeria is the lack of adequate education in the north is nothing but fallacy.I would put the questions JaaizTech asked you:
-OBJ stole 16 billion dollars that was meant for rehalbiltating PHCN.Power is one of our biggest prob in this country, if he had trully spent that money, every nooky, cranny in Naija and beyond would have 24hrs uniterupted power supply.How is that the fault of the North?
-Even when Yenagoa had one major road, alameyesia suqndered hundreds of billions of Naira, how is this the fault of the North?
-When Odili sponsored and encouraged cultism in PH, squandered billions of dollars, how is that the north's fault?
-When Ibori despoiled Delta state to the tune of 400 billion naira, how is it the North's fault and imposed his cousin as governor?
-If you have been to Delta of recent, then you would know, Uduagan is also trying to break Ibori's record in stealing, how is that the North's fault?
-When bank chiefs like Ibru,Akingbola decided to drain the bank make it bankrupt, by stealing unimaginable billions how is that the north's fault?
-When all the south east governors decided not to develop and build roads, again i ask how is it the North's faults?
-The south has the worst roads, yet they have governors, how is it also the North's fault?
-The spate of kidnapping and armed robbery in the south, how is it the North's fault?
-The south south collects so much monthly subvention from the federation account, i mean oil producing states, yet they do nothing in their states, how is that also the North's fault?
-Igbenedion was governor for 8yrs, also an oil producing state,yet did nothing for absolutely nothing, is that also the North's fault?
-The IG for the past 10 yrs or more have been southerners, you and i know what the police stands for is that also the North's fault?
-Soludo a reknowned prof, was CBN governor, he knew the rot in the banking sector, yet the bank of the year is usually Oceanic or Intercontinental, is that also the North's fault?

Until we sountherners hold our leaders responsible, especially the Niger delta who collect excess, we would remain where we are, we want to blaming the north is just ridiculous.

Your logic is upside down. It is 100% sentiment and shortsighted.
How do you expect the almajiri to meet minds with the average Southern kid? Is that not the basis for unity? Do you think th likes of Ciroma can speak without the "power" of illiteracy? Nigerian corruption is a mere symptom of underlying structural malaise, believe it or not, educating Northerners will stackly reduce corruption.
Down South, you need armed thugs to rig elections, in the North, you need almajiri's.
There is already serious attention being given to Southern thugs, why do you feel the same shouldnt be done in the North? How do you understand that corrupt politicians come to power and which section of the country do you know to have held the balance of power?

A single cabal has held the country's reigns of power and influence and they have done it with the "power" of almajiri's.

Lastly, do you realise that at 10 million, the number of almajiri's in the North alone is greater than (or equal to) the population of 120 countries? There are 192 countries in the World. If that isn't a problem of gargantuan proportions, tell me what is. Nigeria's biggest problem is the number of illiterates in the North.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Jarus(m): 2:57pm On Nov 09, 2010
I have two questions for you, Beaf:

1, Can anything good come from Sanusi?
2, Can anything bad come from GEJ?
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by HamidO1(m): 5:10pm On Nov 09, 2010
Jarus:

1, Can anything good come from Sanusi? YES
2, Can anything bad come from GEJ? YES

Never knew you were still battling beaf on this, you should know beaf better than anybody(always thinking he can force his views on others).
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by josite: 6:34pm On Nov 09, 2010
I pity the AUTHOR.this is a warning to all those who use their connection to invite public figures to their functions at all cost,all with the aim of achieving further relevance within the larger society which they do not actually need.

SEE how a small boy like sanusi rubbish many years efforts by a WHOLE SIR OLANIWUN AJAYI.im sure the man will be wondering why on GOD"S EARTH he chooses sanusi.SANUSI preached a good message but the timing is too bad. NEXT TIME I WILL REQUEST TO SEE SANUSI SPEECH BEFORE HE RREAD IT OUT.LESSONS LEARNT!
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Beaf: 6:43pm On Nov 09, 2010
Hamid O:

1, Can anything good come from Sanusi? YES
2, Can anything bad come from GEJ? YES

Never knew you were still battling beaf on this, you should know beaf better than anybody(always thinking he can force his views on others).

Very funny. grin
Abi pesin fit carry cutlass come NL? grin grin grin

I argue my case fairly and fearlessly, it is left for others to argue theirs.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Beaf: 6:48pm On Nov 09, 2010
Jarus:

They are both human and humans are fallible.

That said. . . Why are you comparing GEJ to Sanusi? One is a politician, the other is a banker; one is President, the other is a bureaucrat; one is liberal, the other is a rigid sharia evangelist.
I am quite curious about how the comparison came about, its like oil and water.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Jarus(m): 8:44pm On Nov 09, 2010
I'm highly surprised you can be curious about the comparison. You are the meeting point between them - being No 1 anti-SLS nairalander and No 1 GEJ supporter. You hold sharply contrasting views on both. So I wanted to know informed it.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Beaf: 9:35pm On Nov 09, 2010
Jarus:

I'm highly surprised you can be curious about the comparison. You are the meeting point between them - being No 1 anti-SLS nairalander and No 1 GEJ supporter. You hold sharply contrasting views on both. So I wanted to know informed it.

No, that is the wrong way to look at things. Each time I comment on a Sanusi article, I don't see "Jarus" in my minds eye (despite that you are his staunch supporter). There should be a separation, otherwise debates would not be objective, and arguments would be diversionery and personal.

There are really no grounds to bring GEJ into a debate about a Sanusi speech which had no bearing on his CBN duties, just as there are few grounds to bring Sanusi into a similar GEJ debate.

I don't like Sanusi, because he is overly aggresive, loves sharia and glosses over known history to suit his agenda.
I like Jonathan, because he signals a new dawn and change of guard from the entrenched interests that have held us down. Of course, Jonathan has faults like any human, but he represents national rebirth and that is a very precious thing. I hope that clears things?
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by bfire(m): 1:18am On Nov 10, 2010
This guy is a mole. He's not anything like El-Rufai who calls a spade a spade and thinks less of his ethnicity.
He's been planted there to follow and accomplish a set objectives whether you believed it or not time will surely open up the truth. He was not actually in Sudan to learn what most of you think; he was groom for a certain purpose and i'm sure he's playing it well but he shall be disgraced.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Subsidy Scam: ACN Asks Bamanga Tukur To Step Down / Kogi 2019: I’m Not Contesting – Faleke Restates / Nnamdi Kanu Claims These Pictures Are Photoshop. You Decide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.