Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,985 members, 7,873,168 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 09:07 AM

Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination (8241 Views)

Northern Elders To Jonathan - You Have Declared War On Northern Nigeria / Open Letter To Alhaji Aliko Dangote On Northern Nigeria And Boko Haram / We ‘re On Northern Govs’payroll – Boko Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Sagamite(m): 3:19pm On Nov 05, 2010
Beaf:

So you've learnt new words outside "conjecture?" I see your vocabulary is no longer monosyllabic, new words have been added to your rote. Congrats.

Don't let me use grammar injure you.

Beaf:

Now can you actually state your position, or like some unicellular organism, don't you have any?

I think the man says the truth.

I think he is a very intelligent and blunt man.

I like him LOADS!!!

The parts I disagree with are when he said:

You talk about Babangida and the economy. Who were the people in charge of the economy during Babangida era? Olu Falae, Kalu Idika Kalu. What state are they from in the North?

This is rubbish.

Power is centralised and it was a military dictatorship. What did he expect Kalu and Falae to do? Get shot? Be roped into a coup?

Furthermore, the main qualms against the retard called IBB was looting, not the economic running by the other 2. Although the looting has an impact on economic running, it was not poor economic decisions that led to economic collapse, it was the avarice of IBB and his institutionalisation of corruption that led to lack of funds not being able to back economic activities or deliver economic goals.

“We talk ethnicity when it pleases us. It is hypocrisy. You said elections were rigged in 1959, Obasanjo and Maurice Iwu rigged election in 2007. Was it a Southern thing? It was not.

These are 2 different riggings.

1959 rigging was a rigging to give one tribe over another, to the benefit of the North.

2009 rigging was between 2 people of the same tribe. One can even go further to say OBJ was the North's man since he was not wanted and could not win the SW.

That said, all Nigerians are capable of vote rigging was his main point. And I agree.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by hasyak(m): 3:29pm On Nov 05, 2010
he who knows not and think he knows is a ,

when someone mind is close to superior argument and does not want to learn, then whats the need to debate such people? it just waste of time and energy QED
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by isalegan2: 3:34pm On Nov 05, 2010
jason12345:

, the british were very smart for putting the yorubas and edos in nigeria to balance things up, yet not making them strong enough by separating them from their brothers in benin and togo. grin

I think you misspoke.  Don't be fooled.  The Brits did us no favors.  What they broke apart, we're going to put together.  That is, a united Africa.   smiley
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by jason12345: 3:40pm On Nov 05, 2010
isale_gan2:

I think you misspoke.  Don't be fooled.  The Brits did us no favors.  What they broke apart, we're going to put together.  That is, a united Africa.   smiley

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A THOUSAND TIMES smiley
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by usbcable(m): 3:47pm On Nov 05, 2010
Mallam Sanusi asked if any southern governor can be compared to the likes of Awolowo.
I'ld say Alhaji Lateef Jakande can be compared to him. Unfortunately, another military coup spear-headed by Buhari cut short his fledging perfomance as a governor and possible mega-city status of Lagos state.
One other person worthy of note is Tinubu. He is just another astute politician that can take on the F.G. Government with a regional resources at his disposal. He may have performed better if not for hinderance from OBJ.
Lastly, I mention BRF and the reasons are presently here for all to see.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Beaf: 3:52pm On Nov 05, 2010
Sagamite:

. . .
I think he is a very intelligent and blunt man.
. . .

No doubt, he seems to be. But intelligence (or its seeming appearance) does not insulate a person from being either misguided or deceptive. I accuse Sanusi of being a mixture of both. At the very best, Sanusi is a man led by ethnic persuasion to repeatedly defend the status quo by slight of hand; at worst, he is a sophisticated torch bearer of the status quo.

His padding of illogical (even immoral) viewpoints with pseudo intellectual reasoning is quite well illustrated in your own conclusion to his vaporous argument as to how Kalu and Falae were the authors of IBB's ruinous economic policies (policies he made patently clear in his very first "fellow Nigerians" speech).

Sagamite:

. . .
Power is centralised and it was a military dictatorship. What did he expect Kalu and Falae to do? Get shot? Be roped into a coup?

Furthermore, the main qualms against the retard called IBB was looting, not the economic running by the other 2. Although the looting has an impact on economic running, it was not poor economic decisions that led to economic collapse, it was the avarice of IBB and his institutionalisation of corruption that led to lack of funds not being able to back economic activities or deliver economic goals.
. . .

Each and every single one of his arguments in the OP can be picked apart similarly.
In my estimation, Sanusi is a defender of the status quo.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Orikinla(m): 3:55pm On Nov 05, 2010
The governor of the apex bank is a man of noble birth and well bred in the true nobility of his royalty.
His elder brother is also a true noble prince.

If Sanusi should be the President of Nigeria for only four years, our country would be transformed into one of the leading nations in the world.
He knows Nigeria heart and soul.

He is God sent.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by juman(m): 4:12pm On Nov 05, 2010
Orikinla:

The governor of the apex bank is a man of noble birth and well bred in the true nobility of his royalty.

If Sanusi should be the President of Nigeria for only four years, our country would be transformed into one of the leading nations in the world.

He is God sent.

grin grin grin

No to Nigeria Yes to ODUA nation
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 05, 2010
some daft people are ascribing the sun's spelling or urhobo to sanusi - should we be surprised cheesy cheesy
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Akanbiedu(m): 4:58pm On Nov 05, 2010
Orikinla:

He is God sent.

People of noble birth are usually like that. They understand RULING better.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 05, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

People of noble birth are usually like that. They understand RULING better.

some truth in this - mandela is also from a royal family
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Beaf: 5:12pm On Nov 05, 2010
I observe some fools lack the skills to make logical arguments (as usual), so take to attacking persons in keeping with their gutter outlook.
Should we be surprised?  cheesy cheesy
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by sleekymag(m): 5:21pm On Nov 05, 2010
But truth be told, SLS was making real sense in his speech. Whilst we are always talking about North-South divide or tribal frictions, the crux of the matter is actually corruption. and this corruption is not tribal nor religion-based, but its a nigerian thing. This is what we need to tackle rather than castigate the man.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by odedele: 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2010
hear d man we call our CBN GOV.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Nwogeneugo: 5:44pm On Nov 05, 2010
SANUSI WAS SPOT ON HERE, THIS IS THE PLAIN TRUTH, HE WAS NOT SPEAKING FOR THE NORTH OR SOUTH, HE WAS SPEAKING FOR ALL OF US. THE ROT IN THE BANKING INDUSTRY IS NOT ETHNIC, ALL OF NIGERIA WAS REDUCED BY IT.
THANK YOU SANUSI. I KNOW YOU ARE NOT A SAINT BUT THIS IS WELL SAID.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by okunoba(m): 5:50pm On Nov 05, 2010
The North suffers more from the injustice of Nigeria than the average Southerner, it as the highest number of child beggars estimated to be over 10 million, the illiteracy rate is second to non and the number of destitute of northern extract dwarfs the number of poor southerners.

My question to Sanusi is Since independence over 50yrs ago, what have the Emirs, governors and past presidents of Northern extraction done to correct the  education deficit of the Muslim North which he attributed to British rule of over 50yrs ago? What as he personally done as part of the Northern ruling class to promote education in the North, what is he doing to change the almajiri educational system of the North where children as young as five are sent to  Islamic schools to learn nothing but the Koran and that is usuall the only education they will ever get unless they are from the ruling class like sanusi. Western Education in the North is only for the privileged few.

Talking of unity, where were the Northern elite like himself when innocent Igbos were being slaughtered in the north, where was he and his fellow N ruling class when southerners were being killed.  Y have we not heard or seen any of these Northern elite do anything to stop these periodic killings since the 60s.  

Mallam Sanusi is an apologist for the Northern ruling class of which he is a beneficiary, he doesn`t care for our  poor oppressed Northern brothers, who have been brutalised by their own Northern leaders and ridiculed by their brothers down south. Sanusi is part of the same old Northern ruling class that have not only failed to make life better  for the average northerner, but also failed to move Nigeria forward.

It`s about time we stop picking on the average Northerner, but rather embrace them and make them a part of the Nigerian struggle for justice and fairness.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by FindOut(m): 6:19pm On Nov 05, 2010
I have a feeling that most of those clamoring for Nigeria's break-up on this forum are not resident in Nigeria. Why? Lots of people & GOODS move from one state to the other everyday,from the north to d south & vice versa. Among the ordinary people,the common traders who sell their goods, the tanker drivers, the university undergrads, there is a general feeling of ONE NIGERIA. There is freedom to associate,to sell, to buy, and to even quarrel!! In spite of the bad leadership issues we've had in Nigeria,not only at d federal level,but also at d STATE level, i do not think dese people are ready to have ''National'' boundaries & borders within our small Nigeria (Forget d populatn for now & consider d size in assesing my use of d word 'small'). Besyds, many states in ds country are dependent on other states other than themselves for some sustenance. Imagine how 'good' it sounds for 'Odua country' to import tomatoes & cows from the 'Federal republic of Arewa'!!!, with all d taxes,import duties,blablabla, Sounds funny rite,but that's wot might likely happen shld Nigeria break up. I have a friend who used to express the views that Nigeria shld indeed break up, She had a rethink when an incident happend in Lagos about a year or so ago, What happened? Because of d many road blocks & illegal fees which were(still are,i think) extorted from trucks bringin in commodities from the North, our ''illiterate,wicked,barbaric & annoyin(abi?)'' mallams refused to bring food items from the North to sell in Lagos (cant rememba if oda s/westrn states were affectd) . The consequence was that for about a week or more, several ,i mean SEVERAL families in Lagos had no pepper to cook with in their homes coz none was available in d market. That experience alone made a lot of people realise that Nigeria's break up will have adverse effects on a large proportion of its citezenry.
So, Sanusi is very right IMO that we shld work together to build a greater Nigeria,instead of lookin for reasons to secede or break away,or breakout or tear away, woteva.lol.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by ShangoThor(m): 6:37pm On Nov 05, 2010
What the British Colonial masters put together, let no African indigenes put asunder Bleep that!
[list]
[li]The CIA has predicted that Nigeria would disintegrate by 2015. One can infer from this that since the Cold War is over, they will either allow it to happen, or they will instigate it.[/li]
[li]Sanusi’s arguments are actually coherent and from a Unionist perspective, even though most of his assertions are non-factual. If there were more Northerners throughout our rich history preaching pro nation-building, power sharing, transparency and meritocracy then we would not be in this predicament now. It is a case of too little too late, and his is a lone voice in the wilderness.  The genie is now out of the bottle, and the disaffected are now finding employing the use of BOMB detonations extremely effective. Well I suppose they are not willing to go through the Ken Saro Wiwa route and I don’t particularly blame them neither because look at what happened to him.[/li]
[li]The North/South issue in Nigeria will never be resolved. CHECK YOUR HISTORY. The tensions we witness today were created intentionally by the British (Lugard). Northerners were endowed with a superiority complex and they were allowed to rule their patch – “Indirect Rule or Rule by Proxy”; whereas the rowdy Southerners had to be ruled more forcefully (Direct Rule). This issue cannot be unwritten or ignored. My point is that unless Southerners just passively accept to be ruled by Northerners or accept their inferior status (created by the British), then there is only one course of action to take. SEPARATION.[/li]
[li]The notion of siphoning (raising) capital from the South to develop the North was a policy inherited from Lugard himself which started prior to amalgamation. Taxes imposed on the importation and eventual consumption of Western style alcohol, particularly in the South west was used to build roads, buildings etc. This is completely ironic right? A substance that Northerners could not consume played a part in their initial development.[/li]
[li]I pray to God that the secession occurs prior to the total destruction and decimation of the Yoruba Oil producing region, ILAJE Land. [/li]
[li]The sooner we can start to deal with the truth about our situation, the easier it will be to start rectifying things in the long run. Why is it that starting a discourse about the dissolution or reconstitution of Nation States in Africa is such a taboo subject? Is it impossible for Africans to do this cordially as the Europeans did ‘around a table’? There is no reason why we shouldn’t be able to live together as reconstituted Nation states under the auspices of an African Union. It’s time to start thinking out of the box!  Let’s face it, the formulation of Nigeria as a Nation State and the constitution of its peoples has proven too complex for the indigenes to manage. [/li]
[/list]
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Mesef1: 6:47pm On Nov 05, 2010
SANUSI IS NOW DENYING NORTHERN HEGEMONY!!!!

How did he become CBN Governor in the first place? By hardwork or brilliance? Lest Sanusi forgets, he became CBN Governor when all the policy makers of the economy - National Economic Adviser, Finance Minister, President of the NSE etc were all from the North. I am dead sure if the vacancy for that position was advertised, Sanusi will not rank in the top 10 of successful candidates. I think Sanusi needs to be reminded of this. We are not fools!

If not for Northern hegemony, how did we come about "One North", "In the interest of the North" and never any vocabulary like "In the interest of the South"??

I cannot fall cheaply to poetry or beautifully constructed speeches, this country is not one and never one because there is always the "Interest of the North" that conflicts with almost everything progressive. When it comes to Presidency, you hear them say Zoning, government appointments - federal character, admission into educational institutions - quota system, health - (remember polio vaccines) southern ploy to kill northern children (who already do not have lives because of the enduring legacy of almajiri).

Sanusi, inflation is still at double digit, go and do something about that and leave history alone till you become Emir of Kano.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by rethink: 6:49pm On Nov 05, 2010

Quote from: Sagamite on Today at 03:19:32 PM
. . .

@sagamite
This is a democracy I disagree. The sociological stage of Nigeria must move from Theologically biased to a more Philosophical one. We must be ready to die for our conviction. On this arguement of Ethnicity where is the scientific approach of testing our Philosophy. example hutus  or is it tutsi were regarded as Cockroaches what was the Philosophy was it tested where was theology and science. We move forward without Philosophy,

Yes they should have bitten the bullet. Our cowardice is killing us. I know people that have died for lesser mundane reason. Do you know how people that died because of there decision.

This culture is what keeps the technocrats away from scrutiny. Our technical men should be held responsible even if it was Hitler ruling us. They should have resigned or worse still "begged to be shot"
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Beaf: 6:53pm On Nov 05, 2010
okunoba:

The North suffers more from the injustice of Nigeria than the average Southerner, it as the highest number of child beggars estimated to be over 10 million, the illiteracy rate is second to non and the number of destitute of northern extract dwarfs the number of poor southerners.

My question to Sanusi is Since independence over 50yrs ago, what have the Emirs, governors and past presidents of Northern extraction done to correct the  education deficit of the Muslim North which he attributed to British rule of over 50yrs ago? What as he personally done as part of the Northern ruling class to promote education in the North, what is he doing to change the almajiri educational system of the North where children as young as five are sent to  Islamic schools to learn nothing but the Koran and that is usuall the only education they will ever get unless they are from the ruling class like sanusi. Western Education in the North is only for the privileged few.

Talking of unity, where were the Northern elite like himself when innocent Igbos were being slaughtered in the north, where was he and his fellow N ruling class when southerners were being killed.  Y have we not heard or seen any of these Northern elite do anything to stop these periodic killings since the 60s.  

Mallam Sanusi is an apologist for the Northern ruling class of which he is a beneficiary, he doesn`t care for our  poor oppressed Northern brothers, who have been brutalised by their own Northern leaders and ridiculed by their brothers down south. Sanusi is part of the same old Northern ruling class that have not only failed to make life better  for the average northerner, but also failed to move Nigeria forward.

It`s about time we stop picking on the average Northerner, but rather embrace them and make them a part of the Nigerian struggle for justice and fairness.

Brilliant post.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by rethink: 7:16pm On Nov 05, 2010
Me sef:
SANUSI IS NOW DENYING NORTHERN HEGEMONY!!!!

Me sef:
How did he become CBN Governor in the first place? By hardwork or brilliance? Lest Sanusi forgets, he became CBN Governor when all the policy makers of the economy - National Economic Adviser, Finance Minister, President of the NSE etc were all from the North.

and so what, suposing they were cow chasers so what?
Me sef:
I am dead sure if the vacancy for that position was advertised, Sanusi will not rank in the top 10 of successful candidates. I think Sanusi needs to be reminded of this. We are not fools!

I am dead sure you have a dead brain Yes you are dead in the frontal lobe or there is none in your skull. You just proved you are a retard. that is why it is called an appointment.

Me sef:
If not for Northern hegemony, how did we come about "One North",
You dont know what you are talking about. Hegemony? Where are the Hegemon Class that is Purely northern, Define the North. Who are the serfs. Who are the "we"  that came about "one North"
Me sef:
"In the interest of the North" and never any vocabulary like "In the interest of the South"??
You must be talking about another Nigeria on Jupiter besides who gave you the right to divide Nigeria? Define the interest of the North------ Do you mean giving people post defines the Interest of the North or South? You must be a complete lazy man waiting from crumps from the table of a Southerner.

Me sef:
I cannot fall cheaply to poetry or beautifully constructed speeches, this country is not one and never one because there is always the "Interest of the North" that conflicts with almost everything progressive. When it comes to Presidency, you hear them say Zoning, government appointments - federal character, admission into educational institutions - quota system, health - (remember polio vaccines) southern ploy to kill northern children (who already do not have lives because of the enduring legacy of almajiri).
I will not also fall for your BS you and ilks like you brain wash the new Nigeria.You just showed that you are even worse than "them" because you come accross as an Educated Iliterate Almajiri. What is the Interest of the North? You are a tribal Bigot you need to by a Gun and blow your brains out.

Me sef:
Sanusi, inflation is still at double digit, go and do something about that and leave history alone till you become Emir of Kano.
Run away from Nairaland and jump over a cliff.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Beaf: 7:27pm On Nov 05, 2010
^
Aboki, there is nothing intelligent in your post above. Me sef has laid out several points and done it logically. It is for you to prove that the logic is flawed and the conclusions wrong. If all you can do is list each point and counter with an abusive torrent, then you are proving yourself to be incapable of operating logically.

Tone down the abuse and prove Me sef wrong, if you can.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by rethink: 7:29pm On Nov 05, 2010
@Okunoba

Very Good let us ask ourselves what has the southern elite done. Should the Oba of benin take responsibility for an action of a Niger Delta Militant? What defines The Muslim North? The southern Parasitic Elite had a Psychological strangle hold on our reasoning. We accuse the Imaginary North of the same thing we indulge in. We need mental fasting.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by rethink: 7:32pm On Nov 05, 2010
^Thanks for your advice Yanrinya
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Beaf: 7:39pm On Nov 05, 2010
rethink:

@Okunoba

Very Good let us ask ourselves what has the southern elite done. Should the Oba of benin take responsibility for an action of a Niger Delta Militant? What defines The Muslim North? The southern Parasitic Elite had a Psychological strangle hold on our reasoning. We accuse the Imaginary North of the same thing we indulge in. We need mental fasting.

How about, the Southern elite are not blaming the British for Southern standards of education? Rather, there was free education in the West and Midwest and high standards in the East. Compare that with 10 million almajiri's running loose (an estimated 2 million in Kano alone), kids who should be with their parents.

Lack of education is the factor that threatens the North most. The almajiri crisis is a time bomb that will blow up one day soon.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 05, 2010
l̴͖̲̖̱͎͋́̀̏̀͂͜ơ̴̢̘͖͖̟͔̲͉̣̖̒͐̑̑̈́̀̓̆̑͒̏̈́̽̇͌͆̚͘r̴̢̛͕̞̠̼̥͇͙̥̥̗̼͎̰̻̗̩̹̬̰̜̰̪̜̯͈̓̇͆͜ę̴̧̦̩̞̫̬̫͓̫̟̣͖̝̤̩̱̻͌̆̈̅̊̇̈́̄͒͆͂̒̋͗̀́͐̚͜͜m̵̳̬͎̦̼̖͙̻̞̲̳͎͖̤̜͙̞̘̪̥͈̮̲̫̈́̂̑̓̅͌̉̃̄́̎̈́͛̔̃̈͒͛̆̉̉̍̍͌̅̒̿͘͝ͅͅ ̸̨̛̛̮̱͖͇̗͉͙̭͉͕͖̯̼͂̀̆̔̀̽̿̆͐͑͑̀̈́̈͂͒̽̅̒́̒̚͘̚̚̕͝ͅͅͅį̷̨͚̜͖̪̯̦̼̹̤͇̱͕̹̯̓̂̎͊̎͐͊͂̽̈́͊̅̈̏̋͗̀̾̎̂̀̚͝ͅp̵̡͖̱̮̹̫͖̱̺͖͚̙͇̘͈̥̭͎̅̃͗͒̒̐̀̽͑̕̕̕͜͜ş̵̧̛͚͎̘̹̻̩͉̩͕͕͍̲̼̳̲̬͖̟͊̒̽̊͛͂͒̍̇̾̅̀̑̽̆͌̈́͒̀̒́̒̏̚͝͠u̸̧̫̯͉̥̬̗͚̹͙̇̑̾͌̃͌̈́̉̀͛̍̂̄̃̑͝m̵̨̧̛̲̰̰̫̰̖̗̟͉̝͚̯̞̮̪̝͚̯͔̖̻͉͈̫̫̩̞͗̀̈́̅͆̽̆̎͐͂͆̐̾͊̆͝ ̵̛̛̯̮͍͎̜̖̥̫̱͕̥̻̖̮͈̖͎̯͊̒̉̔̔̓̀̍̆̈̊̈́̀͑̓̎̓̄̚͘͜͠͝n̵̟̜̗̩̬̯̫͇̝̙̖̟͋́̒̾̃͒͊̂̇̔͌̎͌̂͠ͅả̸̡͇̟͕̓̾͗̋̄͆̆̒͆̃͐͝i̵̢̧̧̮̞̺̻̝̬̤̲͉̟̟̺̙̣̣̭̘̱̰͇̦̍̌̀̒̎̒͋̊͐̇̿̌͛̓̓͑̆́̉͊͗̿́͘͜͝r̵̻̱̼̣̊̏͂͌̎͊̿̈͂̒͂́̐̔͂̅̅̀͘͝a̵̢͓͉̪̯̯͕̲͔̘͎͓͖̅̄͌̓̈́̒̾̇̀̈́̊̐̋͊̏̎͒̆̊̈̿̑̀͋̒̕̕͠ͅͅl̵̺̩̙̣͉̙͍̱͉͚͖̬̻̮͒̓̄́̀̋̈́͋̈̚͠ḁ̷̛̼̤͔̩̱̜̱̯̦̭̗͓̘͈͔̹̟̥̹̈́̇̔̄̂̀̔͂̏́̆͂̀̀̈́̑͐̇̓͒͊̕̕͝͝n̴̢̛̥͇͇̤̓̎̅̐͑̔͒̐͆͒̾͗̒̓̒́̓̾͗̒͜͝͝ḑ̴̧̨̝̞̦̯̯̠̺̭̭̗̭̱̯͉̹͔̪̦̉͂̋̽̿͑̃̽̐͐͋̌̏͌͑͗̀̎͜͠͠͝͠
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by lonewolf: 7:57pm On Nov 05, 2010
By and large, indications point to the sense that Sanusi is an able banker with a moderately sound understanding of banking and finance. I think this is where his intellectual prowess is limited to though. He shouldn't attempt deep rationalisation. That s-h-i-t is for people with Ph.D.s. Don't try that s-h-i-t at home.

Somebody pointed out that we shouldn't pretend that Northerners haven't always attempted to dominate this "union" we refer to as Nigeria. This is correct. In our bid to pretend as if we are uber-patriotic, we mustn't ignore the fact that the Muslim elite -- the Babangidas, Ciromas et al. -- from up North has always viewed Nigeria has their personal cash-machine to do whatever they deem fit with. For instance, their posturing and game playing to see to it that they snatch the Presidency is apt. (This is not an endorsement of Jonathan though. I personally think he's way out his depth running the country.) Instead of the Muslim-Northern candidates to test their popularity and proposed policies at the ballot, they are huffing and puffing about zoning. How is the notion of zoning even remotely compatible with the notion of democracy which we claim we practice?

I find that Sanusi in his "essays" and speeches often skilfully ignores these matters. Rather he proceeds to lecture us on obscure tribal history that, frankly, no one gives three squirts of p!ss about.

Until he addresses the reality of Muslim-Northern hegemony, it is difficult for people who actually understand issues to take him serious. People like me cannot get carried away by nonsense couched eloquently.

Bullsh!t continues to be bullsh!t regardless of how one dresses it.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by kafanchan: 8:03pm On Nov 05, 2010
I wonder who are the people that wasted their time listening to that trash. I will still be kicking my ass if I had wasted my time listening to that man at that place.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by rethink: 8:05pm On Nov 05, 2010
Beaf:

How about, the Southern elite are not blaming the British for Southern standards of education? Rather, there was free education in the West and Midwest and high standards in the East. Compare that with 10 million almajiri's running loose (an estimated 2 million in Kano alone), kids who should be with their parents.

Lack of education is the factor that threatens the North most. The almajiri crisis is a time bomb that will blow up one day soon.

This was what I was saying the northern Elites control them because they have no alternative. You think the Almajaris do it for free? However there is a similarity of what I call Indirect social control in the south, you are told something by the Elite you believe him because He has money and power. Let me ask you if you were a Northerner and you hear all this arguement on NL how would you seek to fit in when You have Judged and condemned only by the language spoken.

We made the Almajiris. can the almajiris come to other states to becomes citizens?
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by okunoba(m): 8:21pm On Nov 05, 2010
@Rethink, If my home town people should go on a rampage and start killing innocent and defenseless Igbos or Hausa's, I will expect my king to come out and condemn the killings in the strongest term and I would also expect him to do everything humanly possible to protect them and prevent such occurrences from ever happening again, that is what good leadership is all about. If the people of Benin should go on similar vindictive and barbaric slaughter of Hausa's and Yoruba`s, I would also expect the Oba of Benin to condemn it and do everything possible to protect them.
The Niger delter issue doesn`t fit into the this discussion. What we are talking about here is ethnic cleansing and possible genocide of an ethnic group. Niger Delter militants are recognised by most fair minded people around the World as freedom fighters hence the reason Musa Yaradua signed an Amnesty with them.
Re: Sanusi Lamido Faults Sir Olaniwun Ajayi On Northern Domination by mbulela: 9:11pm On Nov 05, 2010
okunoba:

@Rethink, If my home town people should go on a rampage and start killing innocent and defenseless Igbos or Hausa's, I will expect my king to come out and condemn the killings in the strongest term and I would also expect him to do everything humanly possible to protect them and prevent such occurrences from ever happening again, that is what good leadership is all about. If the people of Benin should go on similar vindictive and barbaric slaughter of Hausa's and Yoruba`s, I would also expect the Oba of Benin to condemn it and do everything possible to protect them.
The Niger delter issue doesn`t fit into the this discussion. What we are talking about here is ethnic cleansing and possible genocide of an ethnic group. Niger Delter militants are recognised by most fair minded people around the World as freedom fighters hence the reason Musa Yaradua signed an Amnesty with them.

I was nodding in agreement until i got to the highlighted phrase.
The Niger Delta militancy is plain criminality and banditry that is being fed by a state that lacks the moral and political will to address it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dana Plane Crash - A Year Later / Governor Udom Emmanuel Bars All Political Appointees From Press Interview / Kwara Gov Orders Refund Of Exam Charges To Principals, Vice Principals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.