Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,021 members, 7,966,759 topics. Date: Friday, 04 October 2024 at 10:18 PM

The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) (5191 Views)

Poll: who was better in awolowo and nnamdi

awo: 58% (18 votes)
zik: 41% (13 votes)
This poll has ended

Onitsha was founded by Edo Prince.(by Nnamdi Azikiwe the zik of Africa) / Buhari To Complete Zik Mausoleum / The 3 Most Influential Nigerian Women That Ever Lived (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by jason12345: 4:51am On Nov 05, 2010
Onlytruth:

Chyz if I didn't know better I would have thought you are Yoruba!  sad angry sad sad

You talk as if ruling other people is THE Igbo agenda. Since when did we start planning to rule other people?

Folks misunderstand Igbo hardwork and achievement for plans of domination. undecided undecided

That is why Nigeria is a [size=14pt]fat dud[/size] that cannot claim any field in world dominance; because Nigeria has been busy trying to contain and put down the rampaging Igbo spirit.

I took one look at the Super Falcons team and saw that it is dominated by Igbo girls.

That is WHY they are STRONG. Remove them, and see the team collapse again. That is part of what killed the super Eagles. undecided undecided

So, Nigeria needs to decide whether they want a winning country which dominate one field or the other (like the Swiss dominate watch making), or a country run by mediocres who lack the energy and ambition to achieve great things for Nigeria.

That is a 50 year old question.

Meanwhile, we roll! Be ourselves and if we dominate any field, well, tough luck to others! We can't live by their dictates and measure.   undecided undecided

no he does not!!!!!!!!

if the yorubas think you are dominating them, do you think there would have been ethnic clashes in lagos how do you reason

may pride not kill you guys!!!
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by jason12345: 4:55am On Nov 05, 2010
onlytruth, because the hausa man is saying the truth and you don't want to hear it thats why you deem it as an attempt to spilt igbos undecided

the hausas and the yorubas are not friends but for us to say this together, their must be some element of truth in it.

why would 2 major tribes conspire against ndigbo why can't ndigbo and hausa conspire against yoruba. you should know that their is something wrong with your mind set

or why don't we conspire against the ijaw why only ndigbo
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by EzeUche0(m): 5:00am On Nov 05, 2010
The Igbo spirit is a restless spirit. It has always been like this since our forefathers walked the land. We were practicing DEMOCRACY before the white man even thought about it.

We are egalitarian. And it is our believe that any person can perform great things. Even if there father could not do it.
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by chyz(m): 5:02am On Nov 05, 2010
Onlytruth:

Chyz if I didn't know better I would have thought you are Yoruba!  sad angry sad sad

You talk as if ruling other people is THE Igbo agenda. Since when did we start planning to rule other people?

Folks misunderstand Igbo hardwork and achievement for plans of domination. undecided undecided

That is why Nigeria is a [size=14pt]fat dud[/size] that cannot claim any field in world dominance; because Nigeria has been busy trying to contain and put down the rampaging Igbo spirit.

I took one look at the Super Falcons team and saw that it is dominated by Igbo girls.

That is WHY they are STRONG. Remove them, and see the team collapse again. That is part of what killed the super Eagles. undecided undecided

So, Nigeria needs to decide whether they want a winning country which dominate one field or the other (like the Swiss dominate watch making), or a country run by mediocres who lack the energy and ambition to achieve great things for Nigeria.

That is a 50 year old question.

Meanwhile, we roll! Be ourselves and if we dominate any field, well, tough luck to others! We can't live by their dictates and measure.   undecided undecided

Onlytruth bro you know i am Nwa Afor igbo. Too much boasting is not good, bragging is not good.Let us build our house and be humbled about it. I know we are successful in a lot of things but let us not brag about it UNLESS someone tries to throw their achievements in our face and down talk us. What im concerned about it Igbo. Those who try and dominate us will definitely feel the wrath but when we strike,if need be, let it be devistating but ALL FINGERS MUST BE BOLD UP TOGETHER IN ONE FIST.
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by Onlytruth(m): 5:05am On Nov 05, 2010
jason12345:

onlytruth, because the hausa man is saying the truth and you don't want to hear it thats why you deem it as an attempt to spilt igbos undecided

the hausas and the yorubas are not friends but for us to say this together, their must be some element of truth in it.

why would 2 major tribes conspire against ndigbo why can't ndigbo and hausa conspire against yoruba. you should know that their is something wrong with your mind set

or why don't we conspire against the ijaw why only ndigbo

You are already conspiring against Ijaw. Atlas cove was a test case.

The uniformity of purpose between the Yoruba and Hausa is for control of the oilfields of the EAST. Smart minorities know that we (Ndigbo) are the only REAL barrier between you/Hausa and ethnic cleansing of oil bearing lands.
Jonathan is not a f00l for making an Igbo man the chief of army staff.

You don't give much credit to Ijaw people.
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by jason12345: 5:12am On Nov 05, 2010
Onlytruth:

You are already conspiring against Ijaw. Atlas cove was a test case.

The uniformity of purpose between the Yoruba and Hausa is for control of the oilfields of the EAST. Smart minorities know that we (Ndigbo) are the only REAL barrier between you/Hausa and ethnic cleansing of oil bearing lands.
Jonathan is not a f00l for making an Igbo man the chief of army staff.

You don't give much credit to Ijaw people.

what are you saying? so, we should not defend our people against terror? undecided

ethnic cleansing wtf>>> if the yorubas and the hausa actually wanted ethnic cleansing then biafra war would have been the best time to wipe igbos out BUT NO!!!! GOD FORBID IT!!!! WE CANNOT WIPE OUR BROTHERS BECAUSE OF ONE MAN'S GREED (OJUKWU).

and brother stop patronising the ijaws, its pathetic. instead, face the truth!!!
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by Onlytruth(m): 5:17am On Nov 05, 2010
jason12345:

what are you saying? so, we should not defend our people against terror? undecided

ethnic cleansing wtf>>> if the yorubas and the hausa actually wanted ethnic cleansing then biafra war would have been the best time to wipe igbos out BUT NO!!!! GOD FORBID IT!!!! WE CANNOT WIPE OUR BROTHERS BECAUSE OF ONE MAN'S GREED (OJUKWU).

and brother stop patronising the ijaws, its pathetic. instead, face the truth!!!

You did not wipe us out because YOU COULD NOT. Gerrit?
You did everything you could, but failed!
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by jason12345: 5:21am On Nov 05, 2010
Onlytruth:

You did not wipe us out because YOU COULD NOT. Gerrit?
You did everything you could, but failed!

thats your wahala!!! i still love my igbo brothers and sisters. so if you like do what ever you like. its your business. even the ss that did not shout as much as you has a president you are still there hating,sowing discord and denying the truth.
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by Onlytruth(m): 5:23am On Nov 05, 2010
chyz:

Onlytruth bro you know i am Nwa Afor igbo. Too much boasting is not good, bragging is not good.Let us build our house and be humbled about it. I know we are successful in a lot of things but let us not brag about it UNLESS someone tries to throw their achievements in our face and down talk us. What im concerned about it Igbo. Those who try and dominate us will definitely feel the wrath but when we strike,if need be, let it be devistating but ALL FINGERS MUST BE BOLD UP TOGETHER IN ONE FIST.

You should know that Ndigbo never attack anyone. We only fight back. Even the 1967 war was started by Gowon, not Ojukwu.
I am trying to drive home a point, that Nigerians must accept us just the way we are or be prepared to allow us form our own country. I'm tired of One Nigeria without "Igbo dominance", well we are Nigerians.
Have you ever heard of English or German dominance or Jewish dominance of the US? It doesn't exist because all Americans ARE ONE.
Can you say that about Nigeria?
Why did folks conspire to wipe us out for the same reason they are afraid of?
Leave Nigeria, trouble. Stay in Nigeria, wahala!  angry angry angry

We WILL DOMINATE Nigeria if we can and YES WE CAN!
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by jason12345: 5:28am On Nov 05, 2010
Onlytruth:

You should know that Ndigbo never attack anyone. We only fight back. Even the 1967 war was started by Gowon, not Ojukwu.
I am trying to drive home a point, that Nigerians must accept us just the way we are or be prepared to allow us form our own country. I'm tired of One Nigeria without "Igbo dominance", well we are Nigerians.
Have you ever heard of English or German dominance or Jewish dominance of the US? It doesn't exist because all Americans ARE ONE.
Can you say that about Nigeria?
Why did folks conspire to wipe us out for the same reason they are afraid of?
Leave Nigeria, trouble. Stay in Nigeria, wahala!  angry angry angry

We WILL DOMINATE Nigeria if we can and YES WE CAN!

stay, you are welcomed grin grin grin.

did we say you should not dominate nigeria you failed to get the point. iam not talking about you and gowon, im talking about what lead to the fight between east and west
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by Onlytruth(m): 5:32am On Nov 05, 2010
jason12345:

stay, you are welcomed grin grin grin.

did we say you should not dominate nigeria you failed to get the point. iam not talking about you and gowon, im talking about what lead to[b] the fight between east and west[/b]

There was NO fight between the East and the West.

There was a war between the East and Everybody else. So stop this boast about East fighting West. It never happened.
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by jason12345: 5:35am On Nov 05, 2010
Onlytruth:

There was NO fight between the East and the West.

There was a war between the East and Everybody else. So stop this boast about East fighting West. It never happened.

no, it wasn't and im not boasting!! undecided

the west were neutral when the war started until you decided to come to """"liberate"""" us
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by Onlytruth(m): 5:39am On Nov 05, 2010
jason12345:

no, it wasn't and im not boasting!! undecided

the west were neutral when the war started until you decided to come to """"liberate"""" us

There was NO WAR BETWEEN THE EAST AND THE WEST. Trust me.
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by houvest: 5:58am On Nov 05, 2010
[/quote][quote author=jason12345 link=topic=545663.msg7081736#msg7081736 date=1288930359]

Please educate me. What really is ethnic cleansing? If events of 66 to 70 do not describe it, what else could? Were they not worse than Rwanda and Bosnia? Do you have to wipe out a people before you cleanse them? Do you have to kill a man before you know you have cleansed him of a supposed affliction? The events of those years, the scorched earth war programme  , the loss of able bodied, intelligent, skilled, educated and talented budding young men and women ,etc are best not spoken of in such a trivial manner as less than ethnic cleansing as if the brutality of those days were not sufficient. I can only see Hiroshima, Nagasaki and Auschwiz as worse. Probably those are the only examples of man's inhumanity to man that you see as ethnic cleansing.

Please let the dead rest in peace.
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by babapupa: 6:44am On Nov 05, 2010
Monday, Feb. 16, 1959
Foreign News: SIX LEADERS OF BLACK AFRICA

Chief Obafemi Awolowo, 49, of the powerful Yoruba tribe, dedicated, teetotaling Prime Minister of the Western Region of Nigeria who began as a barrister, has gradually emerged as a statesman of integrity in a land where charges of corruption are the political order of the day.

Nigeria's other regional Prime Minister, the demagogic, U.S.-educated Nnamdi ["Zik"] Azikiwe of the Ibo tribe to the east, lives under a cloud as a result of a financial scandal in his administration.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,894174,00.html

Case closed,
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by chyz(m): 6:50am On Nov 05, 2010
babapupa:

wait

the discussion is over go toast some babes.
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by 9javoice1(m): 6:51am On Nov 05, 2010
Pls can we forget all these war propaganda. we are not kids. if Ojukwu wanted to take over Lagos and capture yoruba land,he has no need of setin awo and co free from prison. he will do it since many of yoruba brave men are in prison.   pls lets continue with zik and awo alo.

As for me both are great men of por time.
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by babapupa: 6:52am On Nov 05, 2010
chyz:

the discussion is over go toast some babes.

Raise your head and look up. Time Magazine settled the matter way back in 1959,
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by chyz(m): 6:58am On Nov 05, 2010
babapupa:

Raise your head and look up. Time Magazine settled the matter way back in 1959,

Good now go to the romance section and go find babes.
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by Nobody: 7:00am On Nov 05, 2010
Did ibo really like Zik for his nationalistic stand  ?
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by chyz(m): 7:03am On Nov 05, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Did ibo really like Zik for his nationalistic stand  ?

You're late dude.go and sleep jor.
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by Nobody: 7:09am On Nov 05, 2010
But i just woke up,so answer my question.
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by chyz(m): 7:11am On Nov 05, 2010
~Bluetooth:

But i just woke up,so answer my question.

well go take some tranquilizer. It'll do the trick. cool
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by babapupa: 7:12am On Nov 05, 2010
chyz:

Good now go to the romance section and go find babes.

I'll go as soon backside you acknowledge say you don read and understand this.

Obafemi Awolowo was claimed to be one of Africa's Greatest leaders, but not zik, in fact see what the article said about zik,

Monday, Feb. 16, 1959
Foreign News: SIX LEADERS OF BLACK AFRICA

Chief Obafemi Awolowo, 49, of the powerful Yoruba tribe, dedicated, teetotaling Prime Minister of the Western Region of Nigeria who began as a barrister, has gradually emerged as a statesman of integrity in a land where charges of corruption are the political order of the day.

Nigeria's other regional Prime Minister, the demagogic, U.S.-educated Nnamdi ["Zik"] Azikiwe of the Ibo tribe to the east, lives under a cloud as a result of a financial scandal in his administration.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,894174,00.html

Case closed,
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by chyz(m): 7:16am On Nov 05, 2010
You'd rather formant trouble with men than get babes?hmmm, I prescribe u to blow your brains out,you'll sleep better.
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 05, 2010
chyz:

well go take some tranquilizer. It'll do the trick. cool
You play your hide and seek,na you sabi . the fact still remain that the glory of Zik did not come from his ibo identity but nationalistic stand which the ibo were unhappy with.Zik was celebrated by outsiders !
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by babapupa: 7:27am On Nov 05, 2010
chyz:

You'd rather formant trouble with men than get babes?hmmm, I prescribe u to blow your brains out,you'll sleep better.

Ode, after running your mouth spewing rubbish,

You claimed that Awo starved people, apart from hand me down hate stories that your people pass down from generation to generation, do you have any proof to support that lie?
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by EzeUche0(m): 7:33am On Nov 05, 2010
babapupa:

You claimed that Awo starved people, apart from hand me down hate stories that your people pass down from generation to generation, do you have any proof to support that lie?

Every person in the East knows the horrors that Awo implemented against the ENTIRE East. He is the most hated man in the East amongst the Igbo, Ibibio, Ekoi, Efik, Ogoni and many Ijaws.

And anyone who supports the bastard of a man is an enemy to my people. Comprende?
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by bkbabe97y(m): 7:38am On Nov 05, 2010
chyz:

I prescribe u to blow your brains out,you'll sleep better.

Be square with me bro, HOW LONG HAVE U BEEN WAITING TO USE THAT LINE?
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by chyz(m): 7:40am On Nov 05, 2010
babapupa:

Go to 1966 Military Coup:

http://www.bookrags.com/wiki/Obafemi_Awolowo

You call it a lie because you know it was wrong and you cannot believe a person has such a heart.however, i know u will come back with something in some way to show your suppor of the action.
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by babapupa: 7:45am On Nov 05, 2010
EzeUche0:

Every person in the East knows the horrors that Awo implemented against the ENTIRE East. He is the most hated man in the East amongst the Igbo, Ibibio, Ekoi, Efik, Ogoni and many Ijaws.

And anyone who supports the naughty person of a man is an enemy to my people. Comprende?

Keep quiet, I asked for proof to support your crap, not to regurgitate the same hand me down nonsense. Do that or hush your mouth. All ya parents wey dey fill your heads with hate are not not doing you any favors, all you have is everlasting hate and bitterness, nothing more.

The whole world dey move ahead, but you and your people are running around preaching hate and spreading lies.

What a damn shame,
Re: The Greatest Nigerians That Ever Lived (zik, Awo) by EzeUche0(m): 7:47am On Nov 05, 2010
babapupa:

Keep quiet, I asked for proof to support your crap, not to regurgitate the same hand me down nonsense. Do that or hush your mouth. All ya parents wey dey fill your heads with hate are not not doing you any favors, all you have is everlasting hate and bitterness, nothing more.

The whole world dey move ahead, but you and your people are running around preaching hate and spreading lies.

What a damn shame,

My people are surpassing any other group in Naija. The number of my people in finance and education continues to grow each day. So shut up and choke on your dammn words.

You can't keep us down. We will always be SUPERIOR to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

US To Seize Over $3m Ibori Funds / Wikileaks Shows How US Govt Sabotaged Haiti Economic Growth / Wike Or Buhari Who Is To Probe Amaechi? Probe On Amaechi How Far?...

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.