Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,667 members, 7,889,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 02:16 AM

An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman (12998 Views)

Nigerian Married Men Please / Nigerian Married Women Are The Higher Cheater In The World. / Genotype: The Reason For My Unhappy Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by Fountainofyouth(f): 1:18pm On Oct 16, 2019
So far, the only problem he had with you is getting pregnant and blaming you solely for it, he is still blaming you with his attitude towards you, very painful, this thread is very sad and painful, if he doesn't want you anymore, he should divorce you and take his child instead of making you suffer, he shouldn't have married you then, you sef, why will you marry someone that wanted you to abort? why will you do this to yourself? that should have sink into your head that he doesn't want to have anything to do with you talk more of marriage, you have to divorce or separate for a while cos I cannot advice another human being to live a miserable life all cos of marriage, you need your sanity back and you need it without him in the picture, either you lay it all bare to him fiercely, and if he doesn't budge, take a walk, he is punishing you for what is not your fault, what da hell!!!

2 Likes

Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by Ladyboobae: 1:22pm On Oct 16, 2019
LadySarah:
Keep doing good wife while life passess you by.
Do you want to die unfilfilled?

Lock the doors and ask him of he is happy in ur unhappiness.Both of you must arrive at a positive conclusion before the doors are opened.Change Tactics.Dont let poverty/marriage demean ur
person.

How can he be paying #160k fees for your daughter while you cant boast of #1k in ur acc?

What if he dies today?What if he loses his job.How can he earn 250_450 and no side biz/investment?

Both of you are jokers!!!!!
he doesn't want to give me the money to do side biz,I dont know what he has in his head...I really dont know. I will try locking the door tactics..I hope it works..the man that wants to give me the govt work has told me I have just this week to decide to be his mistress or not cry
Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by Ladyboobae: 1:25pm On Oct 16, 2019
Fountainofyouth:
So far, the only problem he had with you is getting pregnant and blaming you solely for it, he is still blaming you with his attitude towards you, very painful, this thread is very sad and painful, if he doesn't want you anymore, he should divorce you and take his child instead of making you suffer, he shouldn't have married you then, you sef, why will you marry someone that wanted you to abort? why will you do this to yourself? that should have sink into your head that he doesn't want to have anything to do with you talk more of marriage, you have to divorce or separate for a while cos I cannot advice another human being to live a miserable life all cos of marriage, you need your sanity back and you need it without him in the picture, either you lay it all bare to him fiercely, and if he doesn't budge, take a walk, he is punishing you for what is not your fault, what da hell!!!
thank you so much for the advise...I appreciate
Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by Gloriagee(f): 1:30pm On Oct 16, 2019
Don't be his mistress. The antidote for a bad decision is not to make another bad decision... I ask again, wat is his attitude towards u? Is he a good husband apart from being stingy? Is he a good dad to your kid, apart from paying fees for a nice school? Is he abusive, emotionally or physically? If he's Ok, stay in the marriage... N look crazily for another job. Instead of putting adultery on ur conscience, take another look at wat else u can do.

Ladyboobae:
he doesn't want to give me the money to do side biz,I dont know what he has in his head...I really dont know. I will try locking the door tactics..I hope it works..the man that wants to give me the govt work has told me I have just this week to decide to be his mistress or not cry

3 Likes

Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by baby124: 1:33pm On Oct 16, 2019
OP,
Are you looking for solutions or money? Cause you keep going on and on as if you are helpless and hopeless. Do what pleases you abeg...*closes thread door*

1 Like

Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 16, 2019
Plead:

Stop generalizing. In this present Nigeria any man stoping his wife from working is simply deceiving himself.

But they do stop their wives from work?
Don't they?

1 Like

Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by Gloriagee(f): 1:34pm On Oct 16, 2019
Locking the door may result in violence but u can speak to him in the dead of the night. I trowey hand for our fore mothers... they got this whole stuff down to an art

Ladyboobae:
Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by Ladyboobae: 1:44pm On Oct 16, 2019
baby124:
OP,
Are you looking for solutions or money? Cause you keep going on and on as if you are helpless and hopeless. Do what pleases you abeg...*closes thread door*
you can say it again..right now I feel helpless and hopeless cry
Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 16, 2019
Ladyboobae:
what can I compromise I dated him right from when I finished secondary school...till my final year in the university, my daughter was as a result of me being disvirgined by him...he said I should abort it I told him I can't cant,i have never done abortion and he knows thats,he insisted that this can be the first but I stood my ground my people got aware of my pregnancy and insisted the father must marry me,and he married me...would that bad why he is treating me this way....ever since we gave birth to my daughter he told me he is not ready for another child

This is the cross of the matter.
Even though he disvirgined you and went out with you for yrs, that man isn't into you.
It seems like he was forced to marry u which he never planned to do. U trapped him with pregnancy when he dont want to marry u
He don't want another child with you. If he loves you and is financially okay, why did he put a stop in child bearing.

Can't u see the hand writing?

When we say don't trap a man with belle, some of us no go hear.
There are condoms and contraceptives.
Have sex as much as u want but be alert. Learn your body system if u must do skin to skin.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has another family out there with the support of his family who is already against u.

U are on your own.
Be wise and use your number six.

When u get your bearing, free yourself.

4 Likes

Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by Ladyboobae: 1:45pm On Oct 16, 2019
Gloriagee:
Locking the door may result in violence but u can speak to him in the dead of the night. I trowey hand for our fore mothers... they got this whole stuff down to an art

I have tried speaking to him in the night countless times and nothing happened
Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by baby124: 1:46pm On Oct 16, 2019
Ladyboobae:
you can say it again..right now I feel helpless and hopeless cry
Nobody will give you money here. Go and explore other options.

5 Likes

Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 16, 2019
baby124:
OP,
She is in a loveless relationship. If not for his daughter,3 months she will not set eyes on him even if he is in town.
Let's just tell her the truth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by Ladyboobae: 1:49pm On Oct 16, 2019
sassysure:

This is the cross of the matter.
Even though he disvirgined you and went out with you for yrs, that man isn't into you.
It seems like he was forced to marry u which he never planned to do. U trapped him with pregnancy when he dont want to marry u
He don't want another child with you. If he loves you and is financially okay, why did he put a stop in child bearing.

Can't u see the hand writing?

When we say don't trap a man with belle, some of us no go hear.
There are condoms and contraceptives.
Have sex as much as u want but be alert. Learn your body system if u must do skin to skin.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has another family out there with the support of his family who is already against u.

U are on your own.
Be wise and use your number six.

When u get your bearing, free yourself.
there was a church program I attended the pastor told me my husband has a child outside my marriage but I choose not to believe it
Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by Ladyboobae: 1:50pm On Oct 16, 2019
sassysure:

She is in a lifeless relationship. If not for his daughter,3 months she will not set eyes on him even if he is in town.
my goodness
Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 16, 2019
Ladyboobae:
there was a church program I attended the pastor told me my husband has a child outside my marriage but I choose not to believe it

I don't do pastor ish.
They scatter lots of family.

U are the one married and know the loopholes in your marriage. Be wise.

Its a very big pity u are saying u are hopeless and helpless.
U no get brain?
Some have been in worst situation yet they helped themselves. If u are desperate, what u will do will come out.
Must u work?
U do supply, u can become a market woman, so many things. Forget certificate.
What I do for a living is so different from what I studied.
When u see yourself as all alone in this world with no help, u will be gingered to help yourself.

3 Likes

Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by baby124: 1:55pm On Oct 16, 2019
sassysure:

She is in a lifeless relationship. If not for his daughter,3 months she will not set eyes on him even if he is in town.
Is he the first that will impregnate and marry the girl? With her status in life compared to his, no one could have forced him to marry her if he didn’t want to.

He’s just being intentionally hurtful and being enabled by his family. Anyway, I have doubts about this story because OP is making it more pathetic as the thread goes by without even trying to put in an effort. It’s like the purpose of the thread was to raise money. Like I said sha, I am done here. Everybody get their own problem.

1 Like

Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by crackhaus: 1:59pm On Oct 16, 2019
crackhaus:

I guess this proves the fact that a lot of women these days marry men who will increase their status in life.

So let's get back to the drawing board, please share with us exactly why your husband would rather invest so much on his daughter than on you.

Ladyboobae:
what can I compromise I dated him right from when I finished secondary school...till my final year in the university, my daughter was as a result of me being disvirgined by him...he said I should abort it I told him I can't cant,i have never done abortion and he knows thats,he insisted that this can be the first but I stood my ground my people got aware of my pregnancy and insisted the father must marry me,and he married me...would that bad why he is treating me this way....ever since we gave birth to my daughter he told me he is not ready for another child

Beautiful.

It took you a whole five pages but I am glad you finally grew the honesty bone after first claiming not to know why he was acting this way with you.
Trying to paint the man as a monster when he dotes on his daughter was all the indicator I needed to know you were not telling the full story. So tay some people have started claiming all oil workers are womanizers and your hubby has a woman outside.

You go dey alright las las.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 16, 2019
baby124:

Is he the first that will impregnate and marry the girl? He’s just being intentionally hurtful and being enabled by his family. Anyway, I have doubts about this story because OP is making it more pathetic as the thread goes by without even trying to put in an effort. It’s like the purpose of the thread was to raise money. Like I said sha, I am done here. Everybody get their own problem.

That should be loveless not lifeless.

Let's not beat about the bush.

The same way we ladies are forced to marry whom we don't want to marry because of circumstances.
Most times it doesn't end well.

I noticed that too. Seems like she want people to contribute money for her. She don't like any suggestion, always lamenting she is helpless etc.

Her case isn't even so bad, we have seen worst. The man will not take care of u and the kids, beat u join.

She want pity party. I don tire too

1 Like

Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by crackhaus: 2:04pm On Oct 16, 2019
Ladyboobae:
he doesn't want to give me the money to do side biz,I dont know what he has in his head... I really dont know. I will try locking the door tactics..I hope it works.. the man that wants to give me the govt work has told me I have just this week to decide to be his mistress or not cry
Come, which law says that a husband MUST provide money for his wife to start a business? It's where someone will break your head you are looking for.

Better start thinking of yourself as a widow and act accordingly so that the day he will tell you he no longer wants the marriage, you sef will be ready and shake your big yansh out in style.

5 Likes

Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by sweetrace(f): 2:05pm On Oct 16, 2019
Ladyboobae:
I dont have a skill..to get a skill I have to pay to learn...and I go to school every day to teach and also do weekends class for our students organized by the school where I teach

You can learn for free on YouTube. Plus you must have some basic skills that can be turned into money making like cooking, caring for a home, daycare. As an accountant, you don’t have to work for anyone. You can take on various clients. Charge each client a bit of money and work for one day a week. At the end of the week, you’d earn enough for your sustenance. After a while, your clientele will increase if you’re good. There are some accountants who already do this. It works because there are companies that can’t afford to to employ a full tine accountant.

1 Like

Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 16, 2019
crackhaus:

Beautiful.

It took you a whole five pages but I am glad you finally grew the honesty bone after first claiming not to know why he was acting this way with you.
Trying to paint the man as a monster when he dotes on his daughter was all the indicator I needed to know you were not telling the full story. So tay some people have started claiming all oil workers are womanizers and your hubby has a woman outside.

You go dey alright las las.
Are u oil worker?
If yes, after politicians and pastors,na una cheesy

I'm serious o. Mistresses everywhere. Girls don't want to know if u are married or not.
They have the money to throw around and they do exactly that.

The guy don't want to marry her. It was a forced union and the way she is responding, she is not giving room for people to suggest how she should handle her husband so he will open up.
Wish her luck.

So many marital problems

1 Like

Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by crackhaus: 2:12pm On Oct 16, 2019
ifyalways:

Is that Fed Govt job offer (the one that came with mistress clause) still open and you have a single gf that will be willing to play ball with you to achieve your purpose? If yes to both questions, go with your cute, well dressed girlfriend ( she must be prettier than you) to the mans office ,introduce them and subtly excuse yourself. If the man is a randy goat as you have painted here, he will make moves on your gf and your gf will drop the ultimatum:- he must give you your appointment letter before anything.
Get yout appointment letter, be smart in the office, learn the ropes and plant yourself in firmly by getting to know the bosses and being on their sweet side so the randy man wont have any chance to come for you incase your gf does not play ball.
Your mama no teach you how to corner men? This is Nigeria, you are already at an advantage being lady,whats left is how to be smart and act swiftly. Being married does not stop a street savy woman. Your husband will not change, you dont have to shift yout pant for anyone either unless you want to but you have to do something to change your situation. Take charge of your life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by LadySarah: 2:12pm On Oct 16, 2019
At some point you have to help yourself.

Your parents didnt send you to school for nothing and we were not there when both of you were shagging unprotected.Frm your response to Ifyalways,your case is a babymama case.You are not in a marriage.

Since he is taking care of his daughter,you have to go out and aquire something.
You are an adult.Save up from your teaching and help yourself.

3 Likes

Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by crackhaus: 2:14pm On Oct 16, 2019
sassysure:

Are u oil worker?
If yes, after politicians and pastors,na una cheesy

I'm serious o. Mistresses everywhere. Girls don't want to know if u are married or not.
They have the money to throw around and they do exactly that.

The guy don't want to marry her. It was a forced union and the way she is responding, she is not giving room for people to suggest how she should handle her husband so he will open up.
Wish her luck.

So many marital problems
Lol, na you sabi cheesy

3 Likes

Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by ahnie: 2:17pm On Oct 16, 2019
Op...I ve read all the comments from A_z
I really feel for r you,but the raw truth z...you just have to drop your zeal for fg job aside for a while.

No matter how hard you try to convince your husband,he isn't going to move grounds.

Please save some stipends,or look for where to get a soft loan...go into the street and see what's in demand.

Forget about pride,shame or what have you....

Laslas you can gather money and pursue your ican dream.

Best of luck!

5 Likes

Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 16, 2019
crackhaus:

Lol, na you sabi cheesy

Moment of truth cheesy

There is a popular saying among middle aged oil workers to justify their philandering.
" a man is as old as he feels and a woman is as old as she looks"

Wives of the big executives among them hire private detectives, use the recordings to strike a deal with them.
Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by crackhaus: 2:48pm On Oct 16, 2019
sassysure:

Moment of truth cheesy

There is a popular saying among middle aged oil workers to justify their philandering.
" a man is as old as he feels and a woman is as old as she looks"

Wives of the big executives among them hire private detectives, use the recordings to strike a deal with them.

Lol, go to some staff club and see what's up cheesy

You're not far from the truth but there are exceptions honestly, plenty exceptions sef.
A company like Pan Ocean that is full of Redeemed and Mountain of Fire members, those ones no dey carry woman outside grin
Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by midnighter(f): 3:12pm On Oct 16, 2019
crackhaus:

Lol, na you sabi cheesy

Lol we caught you, offshore worker spotted
Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by Ladyboobae: 5:02pm On Oct 16, 2019
I have heard all your suggestions,and am going to save to start a petty business...and hope things will get better...you guys r like my extended family here, and I dont take your advise for granted..sincerely I appreciate all..the constructive criticism,the subtle advise all sums up that truely,people still care after all..am grateful...thanks and wish me luck...

3 Likes

Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by ahnie: 5:05pm On Oct 16, 2019
Ladyboobae:
I have heard all your suggestions,and am going to save to start a petty business...and hope things will get better...you guys r like my extended family here, and I dont take your advise for granted..sincerely I appreciate all..the constructive criticism,the subtle advise all sums up that truely,people still care after all..am grateful...thanks and wish me luck...
Glad to hear this.... thumbs up!
Kindly give me a mention when you're set.
Bueno el lucko!

1 Like

Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 16, 2019
crackhaus:

Lol, go to some staff club and see what's up cheesy

You're not far from the truth but there are exceptions honestly, plenty exceptions sef.
A company like Pan Ocean that is full of Redeemed and Mountain of Fire members, those ones no dey carry woman outside grin

U don't have to tell me.
There are unnamed senior staff clubs.
There is one we call white house for shell directors.
The kind of things they do with secondary school girls there, oh my.

Forget mfm or chosen. All of them are the same cheesy

1 Like

Re: An Unhappy Nigerian Married Woman by crackhaus: 5:24pm On Oct 16, 2019
sassysure:

U don't have to tell me.
There are unnamed senior staff clubs.
There is one we call white house for shell directors.
The kind of things they do with secondary school girls there, oh my.

Forget mfm or chosen. All of them are the same cheesy
Lol cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ladies, How Do You Cope With Insensitive Husbands? / Good Primary And Secondary Schools In Ejigbo/ajao Estate, Lagos. / Married Men Only-how Do You Cope Without Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.