Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,339 members, 7,974,429 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 02:19 AM

Is It Right as a man To Wear Wedding Ring After Court Wedding?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right as a man To Wear Wedding Ring After Court Wedding?? (934 Views)

My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding / The Court Wedding Picture In Edo That Got People Talking (Photo) / Lady Cries As Her Boyfriend Unable To Find Ring After Kneeling To Propose To Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right as a man To Wear Wedding Ring After Court Wedding?? by Balistic4: 10:14am On Oct 20, 2019
Happy Sunday beautiful people smiley please I want to ask, is it right for a man to start wearing wedding ring after court wedding. I'm asking because I'm deleting white wedding from my marriage plans.
Re: Is It Right as a man To Wear Wedding Ring After Court Wedding?? by subtlemee(f): 10:19am On Oct 20, 2019
After any wedding your marriage starts no matter where it was conducted...I am not also doing any white wedding only court and traditional marriage

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right as a man To Wear Wedding Ring After Court Wedding?? by Balistic4: 10:28am On Oct 20, 2019
subtlemee:
After any wedding your marriage starts no matter where it was conducted...I am not also doing any white wedding only court and traditional marriage

You're right that after any wedding marriage starts but I want to know if it is right for a guy to start wearing wedding ring after court wedding cause I'm planning to have court wedding next month and trad Dec.
Re: Is It Right as a man To Wear Wedding Ring After Court Wedding?? by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 20, 2019
Wedding rings are just for fashion, you may choose to wear or not. It's not about right or wrong but what you prefer.
Re: Is It Right as a man To Wear Wedding Ring After Court Wedding?? by Rubbystar: 10:38am On Oct 20, 2019
Traditionally, it is after church wedding that you're supposed to wear your wedding band. I mean, traditionally. However, one of the symbols of the wedding ring is that it confers on the wearer the status that he or she is taken without any need for verbalisation. In that sense, wearing a wedding band after your court wedding may be welcome by you and your significant other. However, your families may frown at it because you've not done your trad, which is another strong form of marital union practice particularly in Africa. So, if your parents, especially the bride's get worried, just calm their nerves and let them know you're still going ahead with your trad wedding plans.

Congratulations ahead.
Re: Is It Right as a man To Wear Wedding Ring After Court Wedding?? by derrydinny: 1:28pm On Oct 20, 2019
Nonsense, you can put it on after court wedding, in fact that is the most logical time to put it because it is is the legal and most recognised one. It is just like not calling a car yours even after you paid for it and got it registered in your name because you haven't taken it to church for blessing. We like to complicate things too much in nigeria because of our shallow thinking

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right as a man To Wear Wedding Ring After Court Wedding?? by Balistic4: 2:08pm On Oct 20, 2019
derrydinny:
Nonsense, you can put it on after court wedding, in fact that is the most logical time to put it because it is is the legal and most recognised one. It is just like not calling a car yours even after you paid for it and got it registered in your name because you haven't taken it to church for blessing. We like to complicate things too much in nigeria because of our shallow thinking
Thanks buddy

(1) (Reply)

"The Name, 'nigeria Was Given To Us By Lord Lugard girlfriend / Free Dating Sites / Thirty Three Things To Do Before Marriage. No 20 Will Shock You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.