Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,721 members, 7,935,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 09:25 PM

My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding (13680 Views)

The Court Wedding Picture In Edo That Got People Talking (Photo) / She Keeps Insisting On Having Sex Without Protection / I Sent N500k To My Fiancée To Open A Shop, She Used It To Settle Family Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by LilNetty(m): 7:57am
Please I need your candid advice.

My wedding is coming up in some months and I need your advice. My fiancé and her family are insisting on court wedding which I don’t want to object to. I should have moved on but she pregnant. What can I do?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Sonnobax15(m): 8:01am
lipsrsealed
Death trap bruh.....

Don't fall for it...........Even tho their reasons behind it doesn't hold water in this part of the world,still, don't be a victim of it.....

If at all if you end up falling for it, make sure you Hakimize the whole situation......Cuz that gender and TRUST are two different lines apart that can never ever meet....

A word is enough for the wise...

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Ajens1991: 8:05am
Na Dem wan sponsor the wedding wey Dem go dey dictate wetin you wan do?

You better be a man... Don't be lily-livered.

99 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by LilNetty(m): 8:10am
Ajens1991:
Na Dem wan sponsor the wedding wey Dem go dey dictate wetin you wan do?

You better be a man... Don't be lily-livered.
At the moment there still a conflict between my family and theirs as regards wedding date. They are insisting that the family of the bride will be the one to pick the wedding date.

9 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by LilNetty(m): 8:12am
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Death trap bruh.....

Don't fall for it...........Even tho their reasons behind it doesn't hold water in this part of the world,still, don't be a victim of it.....

If at all if you end up falling for it, make sure you Hakimize the whole situation......Cuz that gwnder and TRUST are two different lines apart that can never ever meet....

When they ask me I told them I will do it later after the marriage they said no that they must do all at once and they told me if we won’t be doing it that my wife to be won’t be changing her name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by EreluRoz: 8:19am
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Death trap bruh.....

If at all if you end up falling for it, make sure you Hakimize the whole situation......Cuz that gwnder and TRUST are two different lines apart that can never ever meet....

Be mindful of the kind of advise you give concerning marital issues. Some people actually want court wedding to make the marriage bond strong as both party will ensure they work together for the progress of the marriage knowing fully well the implication of the court if their marriage is broken.

61 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Sonnobax15(m): 8:20am
LilNetty:

When they ask me I told them I will do it later after the marriage they said no that they must do all at once and they told me if we won’t be doing it that my wife to be won’t be changing her name.
. Abort mission bro.......They have a very deep intention behind all of these.......I know what I'm talking about...my uncle is presently passing through hell in the hands of his wife and in-laws at this moment because of this the same court marriage saga ...

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Healthrelatedjo: 8:26am
It's either this guy is wealthy,or they have checked his destiny and they have seen that he will become extremely rich in future.

Yoruba pple they do this thing very well,them go say na to check if they are compatible.

Ps.I am a Yoruba guy.

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by adamma24: 8:27am
LilNetty:
Please I need your candid advice
My wedding is coming up in some months and I need your advice. My fiancé and her family are insisting on court wedding which I don’t want to object to. I should have moved on but she pregnant. What can I do?

In my own opinion either you are rich and comfortable or the babe is an evening newspaper...that said...there is nothing wrong with court wedding...its just have to be the decision of the intending bride and groom to be....not the family...maybe the bride people wants her to secure her place in the eyes of the law ( legally ) through court

The thing here is if and when you guys get married...your bride family will be the one dictating what goes on in your marriage... through your wife.

You cannot abandon her now..cos she is pregnant for u...just stand firm in your decisions ...only this will overcome any and everything

23 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by advanceDNA: 8:32am
LilNetty:

Oga....so u cannot say what you want or don't want when they were saying their own....??

Na so them go tell u say u must pay 2million when your father in-law die....I hate when pple make demands as if they are federal government.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by LilNetty(m): 8:35am
adamma24:

In my own opinion either you are rich and comfortable or the babe is an evening newspaper...that said...there is nothing wrong with court wedding...its just have to be the decision of the intending bride and groom to be....not the family...maybe the bride people wants her to secure her place in the eyes of the law ( legally ) through court

The thing here is if and when you guys get married...your bride family will be the one dictating what goes on in your marriage... through your wife.

You cannot abandon her now..cos she is pregnantfor u...just stand firm in your decisions ...only this will overcome any and everything

Thanks for your advice… I can see the red flag as regards controlling me and also taking my stand at the same time am also trying to consider the condition of my Fiance… can you believe they want insist that they will the one to give us the wedding date when we went to for introduction? They got angry when my parent said they will get back to them.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by advanceDNA: 8:37am
LilNetty:

Lol....see funny threat.....will name change make her love you or die for you....who cares about name change in 2024....

As long as ur kids bear your name....if wife like make she bear tinubu name

53 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by numericalguy(m): 8:38am
LilNetty:

Do you realize that same parents who push for so called court marriage for their daughters will turn around and kick against it for their sons.

Ask yourself why that is the case

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by adamma24: 9:01am
LilNetty:

Thanks for your advice… I can see the red flag as regards controlling me and also taking my stand at the same time am also trying to consider the condition of my Fiance… can you believe they want insist that they will the one to give us the wedding date when we went to for introduction? They got angry when my parent said they will get back to them.

The bride family do not have the power to give u date for ur own introduction...there is no where its been done...these ones go show u wahala and shege promax when u finally get married....now the decision is what you are going to do deep down...within yourself...call your own family and tell them what is going on...better to have a sane marriage than the one full of regret..

14 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by akan102: 9:20am
LilNetty:

My brother, am not happy to say this but, pls leave that marriage it will not end well for you.

29 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by cutecommend: 9:21am
Court wedding?? Be careful ooh!! Are they billionaires??

But if you have true peace, maybe you can think through..
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by MrCork: 10:10am
LilNetty:

Is she lightskin? angry
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Mikespecialone(m): 10:32am
The last woman my popsy date, carry popsy go do court wedding even though she no born for popsy, now popsy die , she travel comot go another country , we won bury popsy for the house wey him build , she no gree , she say na only she wey be the legally married wife get the authority to bury popsy and that’s if she comes back in 5 months later from where she go , make we carry the dead body go mortuary. Court Dey tell us say we no get access to our popsy properties except that woman wey do court wedding with popsy .... Think twice brother , court wedding might favour and it might not favour you

51 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Talkisneeded: 10:41am
Insisting on a date for you sounds like a potential foul play, court wedding ain't bad as long as you know the magnitude of what you are going into...
We can't really give you advice from the outside, you are the one in the relationship and you know what you are facing in it...the ball will forever be in your court....I sell herbs tho

6 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Omoboricash(m): 11:22am
LilNetty:

So be it. Pls dont let anyone force you to do what you are not intend to do. Red flag bro

10 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Wainey: 11:26am
Nothing is wrong with court wedding.
If she divorce you, one office pin she no go see collect, this is not western world where wealth is shared after divorce

9 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by BABANGBALI: 12:14pm
OP run o. Do not say I didn’t warn you

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by DesireV: 12:14pm
LilNetty:

If you are sure you don't want court wedding, don't let anyone push you into it. Resist it.
If you're undecided, I will advise you reject it.
If you reject it and they insist, hold your ground too. By the time their daughter is heavy, they will beg you to come carry her and do the most important (traditional wedding).
How some bride's families want to call the shots in matters like this tho, abi na she dey "wed" you?
Just so you know, if you allow this to sail, they will man your home for you in the future. Your opinions won't count in your own house.

Who don't you want to object if I may ask?

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by PrettyRX: 12:15pm
I don't support her family trying to CONTROL your affairs, it may likely be worse in marriage.
If you courted her and she ticked your box before considering marriage then there's nothing wrong except you have plans of being Ned NwokoĪĪ.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by BarrElChapo(m): 12:15pm
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Death trap bruh.....

OMG !!! Are you crazy? Really how old are you cos you’re too too dumb to have access to the internet.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by VillagePipu: 12:15pm
LilNetty:
At the moment there still a conflict between my family and theirs as regards wedding date. They are insisting that the family of the bride will be the one to pick the wedding date.

Call off the wedding.

They are trying to force you into misery

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Tjra: 12:15pm
You must be very loaded to be scared of court wedding 😂

Nothing to worry about bro so long you are married to a good woman.

Also, Court weddings are dirt cheap compared to others.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by smokeyupu(m): 12:15pm
DEM NO TRUST YOU?

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by ogododo: 12:16pm
LilNetty:

As dem no trust you, sey you be guy man.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Matheusmartin: 12:16pm
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by NeckingNgulping(m): 12:16pm
I will only do traditional marriage. No church wedding or court marriage.

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Smartgeek(m): 12:16pm
LilNetty:

Why you no want court wedding? Do you plan on engaging in bigamy?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meet The Beautiful Woman Who Says She's Too Good To Find A Boyfriend. Photos / I Love Her,but Should I Continue With The Marriage?(disturbing Photo) / What Is The Greatest Gift A Woman Can Give A Man

Viewing this topic: immyy(m), chinnyonwu(m), rapheal5(m), Bluev, PDPGuy, Kromium, Isokoson1, Happinesswithin(f), Alexis410(f) and 21 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.