Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,731 members, 7,935,180 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 11:24 PM

My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding (14378 Views)

The Court Wedding Picture In Edo That Got People Talking (Photo) / She Keeps Insisting On Having Sex Without Protection / I Sent N500k To My Fiancée To Open A Shop, She Used It To Settle Family Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by LilNetty(m): 1:37pm
vivaAfrica:
Court wedding and wedding date should be only between you and your wife to be, is this interference from her students championed by the mother be very careful because she will still control the marriage after wedding
she said that the way they have been doing it for their extended family that are male that the same thing must be done to me …lol
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by kunle75(m): 1:37pm
LilNetty:
Please I need your candid advice.

My wedding is coming up in some months and I need your advice. My fiancé and her family are insisting on court wedding which I don’t want to object to. I should have moved on but she pregnant. What can I do?

Don't do it heaven won't fall bro.
They're wicked, that's a trap

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Walz001: 1:38pm
nothing wrong in court marriage broo
Except theirs plan B
It's for good of both of you on the long run
Asking for advice about your private life is risky sometimes because as you get a positive advice the negative also follows
So I will advice think about it deeply and pray about it
Anyone that will suite you is what you should go for but if need be on the case of you both traveling then you still need to do it
Rethink my brother
No one can or should take your decision post in a marriage except you
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by id4sho(m): 1:38pm
BeigJawnson:

Family of the bride has the right to pick date... It is you that will negotiate with them the date that will favor you. They are your in-laws ... You don't have say for now...

This thing is not stubborn head something..
Culture vary
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Blendy77(f): 1:40pm
LilNetty:

My wedding is coming up in some months and I need your advice. My fiancé and her family are insisting on court wedding which I don’t want to object to. I should have moved on but she pregnant. What can I do?

Check the profile of those advising u, am sure majority are still single. Whats the difference between a court and church wedding? Its same certificate Federal Govt of Nig) , same conditions of marriage n same divorce process so why are u afraid Abi u sef get plans? If u say shes already pregnant then maybe she cant do church anymore reason why court is a suitable replacement so calm down except you sef never ready to marry
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by id4sho(m): 1:43pm
laivwire:
They have every reason to request a court wedding. You want to make her a baby mama or what?

Stories where a woman gets pregnant and moves into a man's house with no official marriage but just inlaws meeting inlaws never favours the woman. What will she do when you say you don't like her again or you complain over every little thing just because you want to marry another woman. You throw her under the bus with no loss on your part.

If that lady is wise, court wedding is a must or she should not even move in with you, the Op at all.
Don't forget we have
+ Customary Marriage
+Islamic Marriage
+Christian/Court marriage

They are all legal,
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Ezini(f): 1:43pm
Healthrelatedjo:
It's either this guy is wealthy,or they have checked his destiny and they have seen that he will become extremely rich in future.

Yoruba pple they do this thing very well,them go say na to check if they are compatible.

Ps.I am a Yoruba guy.

In other words the guy would not want a lasting marriage unless court injunction binds him to it?
If otherwise why is he jittery about court marriage
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Ginalex(f): 1:45pm
LilNetty:
At the moment there still a conflict between my family and theirs as regards wedding date. They are insisting that the family of the bride will be the one to pick the wedding date.
It's a no-brainer undecided
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by id4sho(m): 1:47pm
Wainey:
Na our greedy politicians deh enact laws.
None of them go enact that kind law.
The thing no go even pass first reading.
Badman spotted,
Barman give him a chilled bottle of Orijin 🍻😁
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Cmanforall: 1:51pm
LilNetty:

Am not marrying her because of pregnancy, she’s 28 and am 30. I got to know the parent’s behavior recently , it’s the bride mother that is insisting on everything,

Then do what you want. If she's insisting on court wedding, you stand your ground. Let her not start detecting what happens in your home

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Akinpresident: 1:51pm
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Death trap bruh.....

Don't fall for it...........Even tho their reasons behind it doesn't hold water in this part of the world,still, don't be a victim of it.....

If at all if you end up falling for it, make sure you Hakimize the whole situation......Cuz that gwnder and TRUST are two different lines apart that can never ever meet....

A word is enough for the wise...

Hakimize grin grin grin grin

Abeg explain well if en no understand what you mean.
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by habakukjss3: 1:52pm
LilNetty:

You are a weak man.

You said you don't want to object to their wish yet to want advise from us. What sort of advise do u want?

To encourage you to go on?

Ode!
Weakling
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Starz825(m): 1:52pm
LilNetty:
At the moment there still a conflict between my family and theirs as regards wedding date. They are insisting that the family of the bride will be the one to pick the wedding date.

Na wa ooo
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Cmanforall: 1:53pm
LilNetty:

This family are really giving you trouble, even before the actual wedding.
This could be a sign to hold on till your fiancee delivers.

Personally, I don't like seeing young couples suffering due to limited advice from experienced older men(couple)
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by adamma24: 1:53pm
solreb:

I disagree with you. It is the bride's family that organises both introduction and wedding. In developed countries the bride's family bear the entire cost. [/b]So, if they now decide on a date, it is for your family to seek for a compromise as it is their right.
[b]
Bro..First it is both families that organise wedding...second we are not like other organised countries...because they do not pay bride price...I do not know where and how you come to the conclusion that only bride family organise wedding.. but dat ur assumption is wrong...

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by travelzcruix: 1:54pm
The way we go about marriage in Nigeria, it's getting to a war Zone. Guess who carries the chunk of the pressure. The man! If you are not ready to craze small, don't even reason marriage for Naija. Mother in-law palava, who is to come visiting, bla bla. Money fight. Tufiiakwa. Billing ontop this my small change, e better wait o.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Cmanforall: 1:55pm
LilNetty:

When they ask me I told them I will do it later after the marriage they said no that they must do all at once and they told me if we won’t be doing it that my wife to be won’t be changing her name.

Let her keep her name.
Is she from an influential family?
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Moniya4Real(m): 1:58pm
Story! So, you are blind to all what the fairer sex have been doing after separation or whatever. Be mindful of the fact that even those guys that were served breakfast thought exacky what you are thinking before it happened to them.[ quote author=EreluRoz post=131743687] Be mindful of the kind of advise you give concerning marital issues. Some people actually want court wedding to make the marriage bond strong as both party will ensure they work together for the progress of the marriage knowing fully well the implication of the court if their marriage is broken.
[/quote]
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by LilNetty(m): 1:59pm
solreb:

I disagree with you. It is the bride's family that organises both introduction and wedding. In developed countries the bride's family bear the entire cost. So, if they now decide on a date, it is for your family to seek for a compromise as it is their right.
for the introduction I was told am the one to pay for the decoration, part of the feeding and they are insisting that I will be the one to pay for the ALAGA
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by jadyclem(m): 2:02pm
lawrenzooo:

See Parents would always be parent. They feel you are at their mercy because their daughter is pregnant already which is not the dream of any parent. Deep down they are pained she's pregnant out of wedlock. So in you dealings with them be considerate

If you are not comfortable with a court wedding tell them say you no dey do(I personally do not see anything wrong in that anyways). Its a beautiful thing to actually marry the one carrying your seed if you both see a future together also make your Fiance understand that there is no law compelling you to marry(don't be surprise that your Fiance is actually the one putting her people up to that act) her. If sacrifices can't be made and nobody is ready to see things from the other perspective just put a hold on the wedding plans and support her to have you child until when you both can resolve issues...

He's not at their mercy, the reverse is the case because he can choose to walk away and leave the girl with the pregnancy if he do chooses.

The problem with such a family where they compel the man to do their bidding is that they may not stop after the man might have married their daughter. They'll control his life and make him miserable.

He's in a very advantageous position to tell them what he wants and withdraw if they show themselves to be problematic.
A marriage that starts with disagreement and threats may not go well. The red flags are obvious for him to see

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by id4sho(m): 2:07pm
LilNetty:
for the introduction I was told am the one to pay for the decoration, part of the feeding and they are insisting that I will be the one to pay for the ALAGA

What's ALAGA?
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Malawian(m): 2:08pm
LilNetty:

Change ownership of all your properties to your mother secretly. then go ahead with the court wedding.
Be like Hakimi for he has shown us the way.
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Smithwilliams826: 2:17pm
LilNetty:

When they ask me I told them I will do it later after the marriage they said no that they must do all at once and they told me if we won’t be doing it that my wife to be won’t be changing her name.
You owe nobody guy. Tell them to take care of their daughter and the child then.

Last last, pikin go still wan meet with him papa.
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Lordsonn: 2:17pm
I did court wedding because my family always want to carry property of dead relatives and dictates to the wife of the deceased and children.
I like it that way
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Abee79(m): 2:25pm
No gree for her. She wan trap you!

*Follow me for more relationship advice 🙂
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by stainzvill(m): 2:25pm
Do traditional wedding first
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by bluebay(m): 2:29pm
Uncle, you have upper hand here. Tell them no wedding then if they looking for court wedding. Don't fall for that
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Olufemiolaolu(m): 2:31pm
LilNetty:

No big deal in it. Why are you tensed about it?
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by jeffizy(m): 2:31pm
I noticed there are a lot of arguments indicating that both the poster and the cheerleaders on front page are lacking the maturity and understanding needed to be in marriage.

First off, if you're not a dubious lover, why are you scared of having a court wedding?

Secondly, you are taking their daughter who you have impregnated already and you still want to pick that date for them to give her out via introduction?

As the lady, she should be scared of these red flags in you.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by BeigJawnson(m): 2:32pm
id4sho:

Culture vary

I never said culture doesn't vary. .
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Bigsteveg(m): 2:33pm
LilNetty:

Thanks for your advice… I can see the red flag as regards controlling me and also taking my stand at the same time am also trying to consider the condition of my Fiance… can you believe they want insist that they will the one to give us the wedding date when we went to for introduction? They got angry when my parent said they will get back to them.

That is your red flag
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by jeffizy(m): 2:33pm
id4sho:

What's ALAGA?

Coordinator of the traditional wedding events
Like the MC

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Matured Ladies Share Your Most Awkward 69ing Experience 18 And Above(pics) / Things A Woman Shouldn't Do While Dating A Guy / Picture Of A Single Mum Deeply Kissing Her Teenage Daughter

Viewing this topic: Boomark(m), aleniboro(m), Lorazepam(f), Dharey55(m), GoldenJAT(m), LexNuel(m), sharonlisaafu and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.