Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,731 members, 7,935,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 29 August 2024 at 11:15 PM

My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding (14332 Views)

The Court Wedding Picture In Edo That Got People Talking (Photo) / She Keeps Insisting On Having Sex Without Protection / I Sent N500k To My Fiancée To Open A Shop, She Used It To Settle Family Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by BeigJawnson(m): 2:35pm
Bigmouth3:

Stupid men everywhere
What do you mean by love wholeheartedly, those that continue yo divorce daily ,didn't they and they're wife love each other wholeheartedly?
What do you mean by take the bull by the horn.are you betting against you ?
Why should an African man be tamed against having a second wife ? If you bring g
Him peace, why should he look outside ?
What of the man's security if the woman starts misbehaving? Answer me ,what is the man's security if the woman starts misbehaving?

Including the man that used his p€nis to begat you ... Senseless he goat.

Marriage is not meant for faint hearted people ... When you have a daughter that is fully grown and you have trained to university level, when it is time for her to marry, no need for anything, tell your in-laws to choose the date, tell them no need for registry and again they can marry her off without doing anything on her head.... Just dash her out like you can dash out #50 to a kid .... Mumu everywhere...
The one you should use in have sense, is what you use in having big mouth... Your mumu moniker says it all. Who is talking about divorce and second wife here...

Mumu everywhere... Sense you no get, na big mouth you get to dey vomit rubbish out from your brain.
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by MightySparrow: 2:39pm
LilNetty:
Please I need your candid advice.

My wedding is coming up in some months and I need your advice. My fiancé and her family are insisting on court wedding which I don’t want to object to. I should have moved on but she pregnant. What can I do?

Why are you afraid of court wedding?
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Mikespecialone(m): 2:41pm
id4sho:

It is well oOoOO, where's the property documents?

She holds them
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by bjbjjo: 2:41pm
And with your eyes open you want to marry her because she is pregnant. Stay away from some family
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Mikespecialone(m): 2:42pm
OniyideAmplify:
Hmmmm, without a single child for Pman?

Without a child , but she has a child before they met
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Mikespecialone(m): 2:43pm
Flamezreal:

That's not how Nigerian law works. You're all bonafide owners of the property so far your father didn't disown you people legally while alive. So, go get a good lawyer

A good lawyer requires a good amount of money
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by nwirinedu(m): 2:43pm
The traditional wedding should have been enough, then you can just register the wedding.

If the parents are joining in the hyst, I smell rat. There is an agenda to fleece you in the nearest future.

Insisting on a court wedding shows two things.

1. Trust issues

2. A plan to divorce you in the nearest future.

Guy its all about your resources, stay away from women who see marriage as poverty alleviation. To them its just a business transaction.

Protect your resources, in this case its obvious : You re a mark. grin

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Emmanuel909090: 2:44pm
LilNetty:

Thanks for your advice… I can see the red flag as regards controlling me and also taking my stand at the same time am also trying to consider the condition of my Fiance… can you believe they want insist that they will the one to give us the wedding date when we went to for introduction? They got angry when my parent said they will get back to them.

I would have said avoid this family, but she is pregnant.
Finally mark my words you will regret this.
If it's possible she can have the baby out of wedlock, take care of your child and that's it. Look for a girl fully loyal to you.

She might even be the one manipulating her family to insist on all this.

Abort mission, I repeat abort mission.
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Mikespecialone(m): 2:45pm
solreb:

She is right in the eyes of the law. It is the spouse that has the say when it comes to the burial of their partner and not the children.

So the first wife and his children does not have a say on how to bury him

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by id4sho(m): 2:50pm
Mikespecialone:

She holds them

Am having same issues too but it's madness that will bring solution. Bury pops in his house and ensure that other properties are marked not for sale.
She's up to no good, mobilize your brothers
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by steeltrust: 2:51pm
Why you de fear court wedding
In Nigeria if you divorced their is nothing like spousal upkeep except you have a child and you need to take of your child that it
It not in America wen them go tell you to share property with your wife. It alien in Nigeria law except ona gather build house or do investment. Court wedding Is good cause it will be govt recognized and Incase you wan do something in the future they might tell you to bring your courtwedding cert

No de listen to all this Mumu men wen de done alpha male mainwhile in real life them be sheep and goat

Do court wedding bro
It for your own good
Abi you self get interior motive towards the woman?

Even if she’s pregnant
You have choice not to marry her but just be responsible for your child
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by TableLeg(m): 2:53pm
Bigmouth3:

What does that have to do with anything?you want to size him up ?
What have your old age done for you ?even fools get old

Oh shut the fu...ck, you cum slurping bastar.....d!
Fu...ck out of my mention, dweeb!
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by id4sho(m): 2:53pm
Mikespecialone:

Without a child , but she has a child before they met

For no reason should your father's property be transferred to another man's child. She will sell those properties and buy for her son.

Bury pops in his house, nobody will buy that house. Think ahead and be fast about it
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Socratiz: 2:57pm
There are still some background stories you have not shared.

Firstly, what part of the country do you come from ( I'm not referring to your tribe, just the part if the country)

Secondly, what part of the country your fiancée comes from

Thirdly , what is your reason for not wanting a court wedding?

You must understand that if your fiancée comes from Yorubaland, her family will choose date and mode if wedding. That's the culture. I know it's not so in other places. My son married a lady from Ebonyi but her family did not mind wherever the wedding took place. So we had the court and church wedding in Abuja.

Imkust add that the reason her family insists on court wedding is to protect her. They don't want her to face an uncertain future in the home in case the marriage turns sour.

My last comment is that young men should be careful who they sleep with. There are consequences for every action. You can't be sleeping with a lady and think you'll just clean your mouth.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by DJInfluence: 3:00pm
LilNetty:

My wedding is coming up in some months and I need your advice. My fiancé and her family are insisting on court wedding which I don’t want to object to. I [b]should have moved on but she pregnant. [/b]What can I do?
Are you implying that the only reason you are going along with the wedding is this?

You don't have to marry every woman you impregnate. If you don't love her that much then you shouldn't marry her. Save your future self any upcoming trauma that such a marriage will bring. You can always be a good father to your child.
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Maxtipulation(m): 3:01pm
Run o
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by AkhereOkaka(m): 3:04pm
LilNetty:
At the moment there still a conflict between my family and theirs as regards wedding date. They are insisting that the family of the bride will be the one to pick the wedding date.

When I did my marriage I picked the date, though my wife insisted I put it on my birthday, but I didn't cause it wasn't convenient for me. If I may ask who is sponsoring the marriage?
I picked the date and communicated it to both families, it was fixed in six months time
Landers congratulate me I'm now a father my wife gave birth today.

We rise by lifting others

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Soulifting: 3:13pm
I really don't understand why you shared of court wedding.
Meaning you alao have some ulterior motives
Except you are a Muslim and your faith allows multiple wives
I think you also have some plans thats unlikely pure too
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Sweeetheart(m): 3:14pm
LilNetty:

When they ask me I told them I will do it later after the marriage they said no that they must do all at once and they told me if we won’t be doing it that my wife to be won’t be changing her name.

Instead make you visit a counsellor and legal practitioner for advise or meet elderly married men, you're coming to nairaland for advise on martial advise

You want all this locked brained people who hate women and marriage to give you advise, most of them can't keep a home or hate marriage and some are single. What advise do you need from them
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by patorial(m): 3:15pm
LilNetty:
At the moment there still a conflict between my family and theirs as regards wedding date. They are insisting that the family of the bride will be the one to pick the wedding date.

Let's reason it this way, if it's a traditional marriage, since it will be done in the bride's father compound, the bride family should pick a date. Giving that you the groom's family will have to be comfortable with the picked date.

But since it's a Registry marriage which goes with a civic wedding, you and your fiance should pick the date, given that both families have to be comfortable with it.
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Lekan239(m): 3:16pm
LilNetty:

My wedding is coming up in some months and I need your advice. My fiancé and her family are insisting on court wedding which I don’t want to object to. I should have moved on but she pregnant. What can I do?
same way my inlaws where insisting for court wedding after we have done traditional and white wedding. I no even answer them... me I respect everyone, but I no send anybody

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by patorial(m): 3:20pm
LilNetty:

When they ask me I told them I will do it later after the marriage they said no that they must do all at once and they told me if we won’t be doing it that my wife to be won’t be changing her name.

Simply tell them that you will only do one wedding, either a church wedding or the traditional wedding or better still the registry wedding.

There is higher Chance that if you don't do the registry marriage, your marriage is void because you don't even know if the church that will conduct the wedding is licensed to conduct a wedding.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by patorial(m): 3:22pm
LilNetty:

How is it of you benefit if your wife changed her last name to your??
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by sweetkev(m): 3:25pm
LilNetty:
In Yoruba tradition, wedding date is mostly picked by brides family but I don't know your fiancee tribe sha

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by ultra100(f): 3:28pm
These people advising you will be the one to destroy the home you are about to build. I don't see anything wrong in doing a court marriage at all rather, it's for the protection of both parties and their unborn children. And per wedding date picking, that is how it's being done in Yoruba land. It is the bride's family that pick the wedding date and not the grooms. If the groom's family do not agree with the date, then both parties can come together again to pick another date.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by patorial(m): 3:29pm
numericalguy:

Do you realize that same parents who push for so called court marriage for their daughters will turn around and kick against it for their sons.

Ask yourself why that is the case

It's is so for rich groom families, because if a man dies, only a marriage certificate can prove that she is marriage to the supposed spouse.

By the way, Registry wedding and authenticated church wedding are the same,because both are recognized by law.

The traditional wedding you people rush to do, is not even recognized by law.

Therefore the Government does not recognize your wife as wife if you did just a traditional wedding.
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Hectroy(m): 3:31pm
People should stop demonizing court marriage as it's more acceptable and recognized worldwide than others. In your own case, her family seems to be they controlling and egoistic type which I'm sure your fiance possessed same traits but you're blinded by her beauty and butt. Hence, you pummeled her with pregnancy and now t a crossroad now that your family is resisting being cowed as well. You better stand your ground and tell her it's either your was or nothing. That's if you have the guts to say this to her family.
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by advanceDNA: 3:32pm
Socratiz:
You can't be sleeping with a lady and think you'll just clean your mouth.

Why?? When Women sleep with men and clean mouth...no issue...una go even call the man mumu, asking him if she forced him...

If he reach man turn, una go dey expect he should go and pay for bride price....because she said oga im pregnant...weda na chike, bayo, or suleiman get bele...it no longer matters

una well done ooo !!!!
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by id4sho(m): 3:38pm
AkhereOkaka:

When I did my marriage I picked the date, though my wife insisted I put it on my birthday, but I didn't cause it wasn't convenient for me. If I may ask who is sponsoring the marriage?
I picked the date and communicated it to both families, it was fixed in six months time
Landers congratulate me I'm now a father my wife gave birth today.

We rise by lifting others
Congratulations, more babies in Jesus name 🙏
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by izubext007: 3:39pm
bruh don't ignore the red flag 🚩🚩🚩 waving at you.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by GorillaApp(m): 3:43pm
LilNetty:

insist on your ground
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by GorillaApp(m): 3:45pm
LilNetty:

which tribe is your girl

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Matured Ladies Share Your Most Awkward 69ing Experience 18 And Above(pics) / Things A Woman Shouldn't Do While Dating A Guy / Picture Of A Single Mum Deeply Kissing Her Teenage Daughter

Viewing this topic: being(m), Odunharry(m), asi2013 and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 3
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.