Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,052 members, 7,966,856 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 05:30 AM

My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding (18106 Views)

The Court Wedding Picture In Edo That Got People Talking (Photo) / She Keeps Insisting On Having Sex Without Protection / I Sent N500k To My Fiancée To Open A Shop, She Used It To Settle Family Issues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by EnglishUsa: 12:17pm On Aug 29
Bb
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by BarrElChapo(m): 12:17pm On Aug 29
LilNetty:
Please I need your candid advice.

My wedding is coming up in some months and I need your advice. My fiancé and her family are insisting on court wedding which I don’t want to object to. I should have moved on but she pregnant. What can I do?

It’s not even a big problem. That’s just marriage under the Act and if you and your spouse ever want to migrate. the certificate issued you is the only thing that can prove you both are legally married.

Then it would bar either of you from taking another husband or wife as that would be bigamy and a criminal offence under our laws.

In the case of separation or divorce only through the courts can the marriage be validly annulled.

It doesn’t only protect the woman’s rights but also the man when it comes to custody and other issues.

Our martial laws are not as refined as the west where in the event of divorce, the woman takes a part of the man’s wealth and all that we read and watch.

I wouldn’t know why they’re insisting it cos it’s not even a big deal, the official fee is N15,000 only every other money you’ll pay is the money that those women who work at the registry will pocket, so be guided.

Honestly it’s not a big deal cos if you do only traditional marriage under our laws you mere contracted a ‘customary marriage’

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Cmanforall: 12:17pm On Aug 29
LilNetty:

My wedding is coming up in some months and I need your advice. My fiancé and her family are insisting on court wedding which I don’t want to object to. I should have moved on but she pregnant. What can I do?

Do what you want.

Don't do what your in-laws want

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Smartgeek(m): 12:18pm On Aug 29
LilNetty:
At the moment there still a conflict between my family and theirs as regards wedding date. They are insisting that the family of the bride will be the one to pick the wedding date.
If this is the case, they will be dictating how to run your home when ure married and that's a red flag 🚩 of a family to marry from. The bride and groom to be should pick the wedding date and communicate to both families to align with.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Cmanforall: 12:18pm On Aug 29
LilNetty:

Are you marrying her because of the pregnancy?

Please answer this question for further pieces of advice

You can also tell you'd age or estimated age

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by donbenie(m): 12:18pm On Aug 29
LilNetty:

When they ask me I told them I will do it later after the marriage they said no that they must do all at once and they told me if we won’t be doing it that my wife to be won’t be changing her name.
And this is the kind of in- laws you fell into?
A woman you married failing to change her name because you didn't do Court wedding?
See finish.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by chuksbobby12: 12:18pm On Aug 29
Make she dey her papa house

7 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Kingray10: 12:19pm On Aug 29
LilNetty:
At the moment there still a conflict between my family and theirs as regards wedding date. They are insisting that the family of the bride will be the one to pick the wedding date.
Na them de finance the wedding, when them dy chose date

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by vivaAfrica: 12:19pm On Aug 29
Court wedding and wedding date should be only between you and your wife to be, is this interference from her students championed by the mother be very careful because she will still control the marriage after wedding

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Lezzlie(m): 12:19pm On Aug 29
LilNetty:

don't agree. And don't be a simp.

Court marriage is freebies to a woman in the event of divorce whether she gave birth to you or not.

So your wealth can easily go to another man in your demise

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Love800(m): 12:19pm On Aug 29
Can one use his mother's name to buy and hold properties? If this is possible, will there be any disadvantage in it later on?

I want to build and own all my properties in my mum's name.
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Death trap bruh.....

Don't fall for it...........Even tho their reasons behind it doesn't hold water in this part of the world,still, don't be a victim of it.....

If at all if you end up falling for it, make sure you Hakimize the whole situation......Cuz that gwnder and TRUST are two different lines apart that can never ever meet....

A word is enough for the wise...

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by oluayebenz: 12:20pm On Aug 29
This guy will soon learn the hard way.

Stay Putinized! E get y

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by lawrenzooo: 12:20pm On Aug 29
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Death trap bruh.....

Don't fall for it...........Even tho their reasons behind it doesn't hold water in this part of the world,still, don't be a victim of it.....

If at all if you end up falling for it, make sure you Hakimize the whole situation......Cuz that gwnder and TRUST are two different lines apart that can never ever meet....

A word is enough for the wise...

How is court wedding a death trap? Care to explain?

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Fahvvy: 12:21pm On Aug 29
If they bring up court marriage, you bring up prenuptial agreement asap undecided...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by BABANGBALI: 12:21pm On Aug 29
With the pregnancy you’ve already captured the family and their daughter. They can’t do you nothing. Say no to court wedding.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Babaken(m): 12:23pm On Aug 29
Ajens1991:
Na Dem wan sponsor the wedding wey Dem go dey dictate wetin you wan do?

You better be a man... Don't be lily-livered.
Even is there are the one
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Flamezreal(m): 12:23pm On Aug 29
Mikespecialone:
The last woman my popsy date, carry popsy go do court wedding even though she no born for popsy, now popsy die , she travel comot go another country , we won bury popsy for the house wey him build , she no gree , she say na only she wey be the legally married wife get the authority to bury popsy and that’s if she comes back in 5 months later from where she go , make we carry the dead body go mortuary. Court Dey tell us say we no get access to our popsy properties except that woman wey do court wedding with popsy .... Think twice brother , court wedding might favour and it might not favour you
That's not how Nigerian law works. You're all bonafide owners of the property so far your father didn't disown you people legally while alive. So, go get a good lawyer

5 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by OniyideAmplify(m): 12:24pm On Aug 29
Mikespecialone:
The last woman my popsy date, carry popsy go do court wedding even though she no born for popsy, now popsy die , she travel comot go another country , we won bury popsy for the house wey him build , she no gree , she say na only she wey be the legally married wife get the authority to bury popsy and that’s if she comes back in 5 months later from where she go , make we carry the dead body go mortuary. Court Dey tell us say we no get access to our popsy properties except that woman wey do court wedding with popsy .... Think twice brother , court wedding might favour and it might not favour you
Hmmmm, without a single child for Pman?
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Manager001: 12:25pm On Aug 29
Nobody can push me to anything, my decision is the final.
Las Las na me dey take responsibility

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Oghene86: 12:25pm On Aug 29
LilNetty:

Why are you afraid? Do it there's nothing there, they are only trying to protect their daughter from your family should anything happen to you, nothing more

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by chizzy161(f): 12:25pm On Aug 29
You better don't listen to all those misleading you. Statutory marriage AKA Court marriage is very beneficial to you as much as it is to your wife to be. I f you like don't do it but don't come and complain the day she tells the Embassy that she is single because there is nothing to show that she is otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by paba(m): 12:26pm On Aug 29
Dem no trust you...
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Babathanks(m): 12:26pm On Aug 29
I use Virgin Mary beg u. Please leave that marriage for now before is too late. You should be the alpha and the omega of your family. Maybe if there sense come back later in some few month. You would now plan your wedding in your own taste. If you show weakness in the beginning it would not be bad for u but if you show strength in the beginning you would have a perfect home. Same thing happened to my uncle also. Is not about marriage. Is about having happy home for years to come

5 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by AntiChristian: 12:26pm On Aug 29
Better give yourself brain!

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by OniyideAmplify(m): 12:26pm On Aug 29
LilNetty:

Bro, they are only trying to be smart. Tell them, No prenuptial agreement No Court wedding. Their shoulder will come down ASAP.

This kind of family is a red flag o.

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by maxiuc(m): 12:27pm On Aug 29
What's their family's background are you Richer than them or are they richer than you

1 Like

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by b0rn2fuck(m): 12:28pm On Aug 29
LilNetty:

Thanks for your advice… I can see the red flag as regards controlling me and also taking my stand at the same time am also trying to consider the condition of my Fiance… can you believe they want insist that they will the one to give us the wedding date when we went to for introduction? They got angry when my parent said they will get back to them.
my wife families did the same ,I stood my ground and i never regret the date, if i have done the courting wedding, i would have at least sent my parents away from the house quarter i gave them from my building, they still manage to manipulate me to send away, different building, not that my wife cook for them or even wash their cloths. Now both of her parents are dead and she now see my mother and father as her parents. My younger brother did court Wetin, walahi we no fit cry for him, I pity him always and none of my families couldn't even get close to him, there was a time the wife insist he rent apartment close to wife families house , come see as them they use him ,till date he is still struggling life say na him be wife and go still put food for their table

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by justmondris: 12:28pm On Aug 29
LilNetty:

Court wedding is very cheap <= 50k. Why are you scared of it if you don't have interior motive in the future?
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by tiswell(m): 12:28pm On Aug 29
advanceDNA:

Lol....see funny threat.....will name change make her love you or die for you....who cares about name change in 2024....

As long as ur kids bear your name....if wife like make she bear tinubu name
I support this wisdom with two live goats🐐 🐐

No one cares about name change,when the children bears your name.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by Beremx(f): 12:28pm On Aug 29
Sonnobax15:
. Abort mission bro.......They have a very deep intention behind all of these.......I know what I'm talking about...my uncle is presently passing through hell in the hands of his wife and in-laws at this moment because of this the same court marriage saga ...
you want to use your uncle's failed marriage and judge others? Nonsense
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by LordIsaac(m): 12:30pm On Aug 29
LilNetty:

I would insist too if you both lack the foresight to do things legitly. So, if it is marriage in all truthfulness, go ahead.
Re: My Fiancée's Family Is Insisting On Court Wedding by lawrenzooo: 12:30pm On Aug 29
LilNetty:

Thanks for your advice… I can see the red flag as regards controlling me and also taking my stand at the same time am also trying to consider the condition of my Fiance… can you believe they want insist that they will the one to give us the wedding date when we went to for introduction? They got angry when my parent said they will get back to them.

See Parents would always be parent. They feel you are at their mercy because their daughter is pregnant already which is not the dream of any parent. Deep down they are pained she's pregnant out of wedlock. So in you dealings with them be considerate

If you are not comfortable with a court wedding tell them say you no dey do(I personally do not see anything wrong in that anyways). Its a beautiful thing to actually marry the one carrying your seed if you both see a future together also make your Fiance understand that there is no law compelling you to marry(don't be surprise that your Fiance is actually the one putting her people up to that act) her. If sacrifices can't be made and nobody is ready to see things from the other perspective just put a hold on the wedding plans and support her to have you child until when you both can resolve issues...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

This Babe For Church / Ladies, Cooking For Your Boyfriend Doesn't Make You A Wife Material. / Curvy Female Doctor Is Causing Confusion On Social Media (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.