Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,553 members, 7,972,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 11:23 PM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (188623 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 9:37am On Oct 17, 2011
Mr_TA:

Guys, any recommended ROMs for my S2?
Any Luck yet?
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 4:36pm On Oct 19, 2011
haba! dis thread cant die like dis na undecided

guys check out my new Windows Phone 7 phone opps sorry theme grin grin

Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 4:37pm On Oct 19, 2011
wink

Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 4:39pm On Oct 19, 2011
wink

Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 5:00pm On Oct 19, 2011
4llerbuntu:

@2kurupt, u need to wipe your cache and dalvik-cache the fix permissions.
hope u are rooted and have recovery?

if not uninstall, wipe the data and left over files and reinstall.

@lynx do u kNow how to put on cell broadcast on miui or any android generally? i havent seen that setting anywhere
guy
finally did it . . .
check xda for more info

Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:36pm On Oct 19, 2011
did what precisely? cell broadcast? how?
link?

truth be told, i got one of those win 7 themes a while ago,. i just cannot stand that UI. it depresses me

for me it makes no sense, its totally unlike anything and looks so simple its "retarded" in a way. grin grin grin grin

lets just say i wont buy a win 7 phone at any point in time.
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 6:07pm On Oct 19, 2011
4llerbuntu:

link?

truth be told, i got one of those win 7 themes a while ago,. i just cannot stand that UI. it depresses me

for me it makes no sense, its totally unlike anything and looks so simple its "slow" in a way. grin grin grin grin

funny but i kinda like it sha . . . fluid n fast with notifications et al (tho i dnt see me buying a WP7 grin)
as per link . . . brb
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 6:10pm On Oct 19, 2011
Re: Android, Anyone? by mishooo(m): 6:23pm On Oct 19, 2011
Hi guys. Any info yet on BB messenger App on Android?? Read something about it some few weeks back. any update please?
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 6:59pm On Oct 19, 2011
mishooo:

Hi guys. Any info yet on BB messenger App on Android?? Read something about it some few weeks back. any update please?
nothing concrete till mid next year
cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by nazzyon(m): 9:48pm On Oct 19, 2011
I will join soon.

Salary go show in 2 weeks.

@4lerbuntu

@Lynxnoon

I can see you guys are still rendering services.
Re: Android, Anyone? by puskin: 9:53pm On Oct 19, 2011
@puskin, how mush was the S?

. . . . . .only 69k. and the fone is just worth every penny I doled out to acquire it.

Damn. . . . . .have i bin missing sumtin great since.
Re: Android, Anyone? by puskin: 9:55pm On Oct 19, 2011
@puskin
Let the pimping begi

. . . . . U go help me for the pimping nahhh. So whr we go start.
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 11:30pm On Oct 19, 2011
4llerbuntu:

link?

for me it makes no sense, its totally unlike anything and looks so simple its "slow" in a way. grin grin grin grin

WP7 looks better/sleeker than ICS and runs smoother on equivalent hardware too grin

I wont buy one anytime soon, though. The app selection isn't there yet.

I was waiting for Samsung and Google to blow me away with the Nexus Prime (since I prolly won't be getting the 4S) but strangely i'm rather underwhelmed.
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 12:17am On Oct 20, 2011
texazzpete:

WP7 looks better/sleeker than ICS and runs smoother on equivalent hardware too grin

I wont buy one anytime soon, though. The app selection isn't there yet.

I was waiting for Samsung and Google to blow me away with the Nexus Prime (since I prolly won't be getting the 4S) but strangely i'm rather underwhelmed.
yeah . . . seems to me, the Motorola Droid RAZR beat them to it grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 7:44am On Oct 20, 2011
lynxnoon:

yeah . . . seems to me, the Motorola Droid RAZR beat them to it grin

Yeah, the Droid RAZR looks like where it's at.
However, the smart thing will be to wait until CES 2012 in January next year. Tegra 3 tablets will start showing up december this year (starting with Asus Transformer prime) and you can bet that Tegra 3 phones will hit the market in a flood early next year.

The Galaxy Nexus uses an SGX 540 GPU which is weaker than the GPU in the Galaxy S 2 and which is thoroughly outclassed by the SGX 543 MP2 GPU in the iPad 2 and the iPhone 4S (another downer)

When I heard that it would have a 4.65 inch screen, I thought it would compensate by having a very small bezel. However, Samsung and Google did not see fit to make the Phone into a reasonable size.

Forget all the internet hype now. When people get their hands on demo units in stores, you'll see more people leaning towards the Galaxy S 2. I'm not a hippie with oversized baggy jeans. I wear formal trousers to work, there's no way i'm gonna carry around a brick like that.

Hopefully Samsung has the sense to keep the Galaxy S 3 at 4.3 inches.
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 10:13am On Oct 20, 2011
@ tex dont start grin

@ lynx which launcher do use?
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 10:23am On Oct 20, 2011
4llerbuntu:

Launcher 7
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:35pm On Oct 20, 2011
thought as much.

so u figured out how to configure it? omo good luck to you o. that interface is, pardon my language, a POS.

u didnt even ask me what i did to the phone screen? do u know a few days ago i was prepared to ditch it, so i was doing all sorts of experiments on it.

so i sprayed this aerosol furniture polish and let it be for a while and wiped it off. in a bid to polishthe screen grin grin grin grin

nothing happened. do u know by nightfall the cracks were no longer visible? grin grin grin grin grin grin
i dunno exactly what appened, seems the substance got inbetween the cracks but i aint complaining. gives me time to purchase anor fone
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 1:39pm On Oct 20, 2011
4llerbuntu:

thought as much.

so u figured out how to configure it? omo good luck to you o. that interface is, pardon my language, a POS.

u didnt even ask me what i did to the phone screen? do u know a few days ago i was prepared to ditch it, so i was doing all sorts of experiments on it.

so i sprayed this aerosol furniture polish and let it be for a while and wiped it off. in a bid to polishthe screen grin grin grin grin

nothing happened. do u know by nightfall the cracks were no longer visible? grin grin grin grin grin grin
i dunno exactly what appened, seems the substance got inbetween the cracks but i aint complaining. gives me time to purchase anor fone

guy no vex jare . . . .
ehen?!! thats cool oh . . . .so that means the scratch/crack wasnt deep?
Good for u then?
hmmmm . . . abi shey u go buy my Desire S? wink grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by Dabss(m): 1:42pm On Oct 20, 2011
Rumour has it that the galaxy sIII will have a 2ghz quad core processor. Damn!!! that is way faster than my notebook. Samsung is ahead.
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 3:17pm On Oct 20, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

Rumour has it that the galaxy sIII will have a 2ghz quad core processor. Damn!!! that is way faster than my notebook. Samsung is ahead.

lol. Not really. That's just like saying a 3.2 Ghz pentium 4 from 2006 is faster than a 2.2Ghz Core i7 Sandy Bridge CPU from 2011.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Dabss(m): 3:59pm On Oct 20, 2011
texazzpete:

lol. Not really. That's just like saying a 3.2 Ghz pentium 4 from 2006 is faster than a 2.2Ghz Core i7 Sandy Bridge CPU from 2011.
i dont really get ur point.
But come to think of it, who really needs a quad core phone?A Single core 1ghz processor is more than enof. At least my 600mhz cpu works perfectly fine with all apps no lags at all.Well If it can be power economic (which i doubt considering their recent phones), then maybee i will be nice
Secondly it's 4.65 display is just too large abeg!!
Re: Android, Anyone? by Demdem(m): 4:11pm On Oct 20, 2011
Great Thread. Subscribing Immediately.
Re: Android, Anyone? by blowjanet: 9:20pm On Oct 20, 2011
hey y'all i have an android HTC Wildfire, its clean and very functional, cnt upload ma pic cuz they r too large to upload on nairaland,above 250kb, anyz if interested call 08080187158 or email beeyee18@gmail.com
Price is 35k,
Re: Android, Anyone? by mishooo(m): 2:39pm On Oct 21, 2011
4llerbuntu:

Try LauncherPro. Its the best i've used.
Re: Android, Anyone? by grock1(m): 2:51pm On Oct 21, 2011
Anybody on samsung chaton here? Abeg, if u dont have it, go to the market and download it. Its so cool, better than bbm. We can create android group there and start sharing files. Its great, bbm is going to the ground once dis app get on iphone and bbm. Download and lets begin chatting!!. Waiting to catch u guys there.
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 2:54pm On Oct 21, 2011
mishooo:

Try LauncherPro. Its the best i've used.
he meant a launcher for WP7 theme wink
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 2:57pm On Oct 21, 2011
g-rock:

Anybody on samsung chaton here? Abeg, if u dont have it, go to the market and download it. Its so cool, better than bbm. We can create android group there and start sharing files. Its great, bbm is going to the ground once dis app get on iphone and bbm. Download and lets begin chatting!!. Waiting to catch u guys there.
just downloaded it like two days ago . . . nice interface, not bad tho havent chatted with anyone wit it
think it works with phone nos
Re: Android, Anyone? by grock1(m): 3:06pm On Oct 21, 2011
Yep, it does but doesnt need to add it to ur phonebook and it doesnt display it after. Can i have ur number and lets test it. We can create android grp there and share apk.
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 3:10pm On Oct 21, 2011
g-rock:

Yep, it does but doesnt need to add it to your phonebook and it doesnt display it after. Can i have your number and lets test it. We can create android grp there and share apk.
ok
will edit this post in 3minutes wink
cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by grock1(m): 3:13pm On Oct 21, 2011
Added. U can edit now

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (112)

How To Borrow Airtime From Glo Using “borrow Me Credit” / How To Install Whatsapp On A Nokia S40 Phones / The Galaxy A Series!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.