Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,948 members, 7,922,341 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 03:25 AM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (186853 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 11:48pm On Dec 04, 2011
texazzpete:

Great, except that most security conscious users would have put a security lock/password on their phone. Thus the thief will go for a hard reset/wipe to bypass this.
naturally, the hard reset will nuke your anti-theft protection grin

Not really!
That's why THEFTAWARE is the best.
If you have a root on your phone, you can also do a update.zip method, writing secured setting, the same method used by os to upgrade itself.
The app is wipe proof and you cant remove it by clearing data!
It installs itself into the system partition even on phones wit NAND protection,
meaning it cannot be affected by even full system wipes/reset.
The only way to get it off is by deleting the app via adb, if u know exactly what u are looking for.
The app is completely invisible, that it get kinda scary! grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 11:50pm On Dec 04, 2011
edoyad:

Correct Man, I'm doing that as i type. wink wink wink wink wink . Too bad i didn't have it installed in the pld one

Its only the THEFTAWARE dat i can guarantee o! grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:00pm On Dec 05, 2011
texazzpete:

More than 70% of Android users are running their phones unrooted. They still go on to enjoy a fulfilling time with the quality apps on the Android market as well as the built in functionality.
Unless you're somehow worried that Android phones are of little value without root access, what's the problem?

Finally, most people with busy lives (read: Most grownups) will not see any value in flashing roms and radios daily as long as they're running smoothly on a stable build.

bros a user that is trawling android tech/development boards and asking questions like how to root, is not a part of ur fabled 70%. which figure is honestly bogus and unsubstantiated.

the fact that he knows about rooting itself takes him far away from this ur dumb set of contented user. in the world where such things are commonplace, it is tiresome to hear people whine daily about it. either do it, or dont. i dont want to know about ur fears.
there are other boards to go share ringtones and wallpapers,

and furthermore i wonder just what ur bait about busy, grownup lives is supposed to mean tongue tongue angry angry angry
considering the fact that im officially 18 (grownup) and quite unreasonably busy in my life doing a very important job, yet do whatever i want with my fone, it wouldnt be me ur targeting with that statement?
if i e-knock ur coconut head ehn, tongue tongue tongue cool cool cool
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 5:51pm On Dec 05, 2011
4llerbuntu:

bros a user that is trawling android tech/development boards and asking questions like how to root, is not a part of your fabled 70%. which figure is honestly bogus and unsubstantiated.

the fact that he knows about rooting itself takes him far away from this your dumb set of contented user. in the world where such things are commonplace, it is tiresome to hear people whine daily about it. either do it, or dont. i dont want to know about your fears.
there are other boards to go share ringtones and wallpapers,

and furthermore i wonder just what your bait about busy, grownup lives is supposed to mean tongue tongue angry angry angry
considering the fact that im officially 18 (grownup) and quite unreasonably busy in my life doing a very important job, yet do whatever i want with my fone, it wouldnt be me your targeting with that statement?
if i e-knock your coconut head ehn, tongue tongue tongue cool cool cool

You really need a reality check away from xda-developers. Despite all the hoopla about piracy and 'free' apps, less than 10% of iOS owners jailbreak.
Android holds a > 40% marketshare in the US. Most people buying these Android phones are the garden variety John Q Public who do not care about 'rooting' at all. So 70% is even an optimistic estimate sef. More than 80% will not root!
These things are only 'commonplace' to you because you spend much of your time on sites like xda-devs.

Finally, this thread topic is 'Android, Anyone?' and not 'Strictly for l33t haxorz Only'. Wallpapers, ringtones, trolls who whine about Samsung phones, apps etc are all covered here. Capsice?!
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 5:53pm On Dec 05, 2011
na2day!:

Not really!
That's why THEFTAWARE is the best.
If you have a root on your phone, you can also do a update.zip method, writing secured setting, the same method used by os to upgrade itself.
The app is wipe proof and you cant remove it by clearing data!
It installs itself into the system partition even on phones wit NAND protection,
meaning it cannot be affected by even full system wipes/reset.
The only way to get it off is by deleting the app via adb, if u know exactly what u are looking for.
The app is completely invisible, that it get kinda scary! grin

Hehe. Seems those guys covered all the bases grin

Now, lemme see where i can grab the theftaware for free grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by thetelz(m): 8:52pm On Dec 05, 2011
Theft aware won't work in nigeria according to android market as well as some other tracking apps and its not downloading even after clicking install
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 5:24am On Dec 06, 2011
^^^ says who, I installed it on my fone like 2 months ago, ran a test of it and am extremely delighted with its service. The only thing is that it wont guarantee the thief returning and the phone will be a nuisance to the thief.
Re: Android, Anyone? by okgerald(m): 7:50am On Dec 06, 2011
i have a samsung galaxy s2 and it seems to have problem connecting to wifi. please has anynody experienced such cos its really giving me headache o.

moreover when i want to download some games. it says i can only do it over wifi and i cant even get my samsung to detect available wifi signals. i have a nokia that i use as hotspot to connect my pc. while my px detects the signal, my phone (galaxy s2) doesnt. any help on how to connect?

i also want to know if its possible to download game files and tranfer to my android powered galaxy
Re: Android, Anyone? by thetelz(m): 8:36am On Dec 06, 2011
says sandroid market so I couldn't install but downloaded the .apk and it works perfectly just that it takes some time to respond after sending the messages. and to get update on location, you have to leave gps switched on and that sucks battery but who knows when you'll lose your phone or it'll get stolen?

my wi-fi used to tell me error at times but rebooting the phone solved the problem. If you can't pay for apps in android market and download the cache over wifi, downloading it on computer then transferring to the folder is the only choice you have left. This is where I get some of my games www.andropalace..com or www.bestandroiddownloads.com. Search the forums of www.bestandroiddownloads.com cos there are some games uploaded there
Re: Android, Anyone? by Ossaifamous(m): 8:47am On Dec 07, 2011
pls my LG p500 is rooted can you folks teach me how to do ROMS
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 9:24am On Dec 07, 2011
Ossai famous:

pls my LG p500 is rooted can you folks teach me how to do ROMS

this should help:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=836
cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 11:33am On Dec 07, 2011
WHAT'S GOING ON? shocked
getjar.com?
They are giving paid android apps away for free grin
Just downloaded Guerilla Bob for free grin
Get urs before they revert the thing again o! tongue
Re: Android, Anyone? by KenJADE(m): 5:15pm On Dec 07, 2011
abeg ehn hww much can I buy an android phone which is qwerty??
Re: Android, Anyone? by thetelz(m): 6:58pm On Dec 07, 2011
Samsung galaxy pro costs 40k, both qwerty and touch
Re: Android, Anyone? by KenJADE(m): 7:22pm On Dec 07, 2011
uncle telz, thank yuu oo,
Re: Android, Anyone? by Teaser4(m): 9:14am On Dec 08, 2011
Samsung galaxy pro cost 35k @slot,i bought it yesterday
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:12pm On Dec 08, 2011
hey i just noticed something weird

my fone stopped picking data signals two days ago so i was worried that it had issues. i flashed a new rom and it was same.
today i discovered that when i select any APN other than gloflat it wont pick data signals !!!
i used to use glosecure, but now. . , .

is that the same with u folks?

secondly pls how can i spoof a UA? Plus i need the UA for Nokia N9 for research purposes
Re: Android, Anyone? by NumberOne2(m): 3:51pm On Dec 08, 2011
Malicious apps abound. Here is a tip: When downloading an app, always check for the app permission request. Most apps request internet connection which is ok. It may because of ads running within the app. However some case are extreme.
Example, why will a Dictionary app ask for phone call permission or SMS permission? Or why will a simple shooting game require GPS permission? What does the app need my location for? This points to malicious intent by the developer.
Re: Android, Anyone? by linkin8k(m): 8:11am On Dec 09, 2011
Has anyone using HTC in Nigeria gotten the new update for sense 3??
Re: Android, Anyone? by linkin8k(m): 8:14am On Dec 09, 2011
This place is turning into a market. Thought it was meant to help people with their android phones.
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 9:37am On Dec 09, 2011
linkin8k:

This place is turning into a market. Thought it was meant to help people with their android phones.
this place is meant for anything Android . . . . gists, latest info, help, repairs, etc even sales winklol
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 9:41am On Dec 09, 2011
linkin8k:

there are two things that will determine your receiving Sense 3 update:

1. If your phne is still S-ON n not rooted

2. If your fone model is allowed/meant to receive Sense 3 update by HTC.

So . . . . . if ur fone meets those parameters above then u should get the updates; but also remember HTC takes a whole lot of time b4 releasing updates undecided wink
Cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 9:50am On Dec 09, 2011
4llerbuntu:

hey i just noticed something weird

my fone stopped picking data signals two days ago so i was worried that it had issues. i flashed a new rom and it was same.
today i discovered that when i select any APN other than gloflat it wont pick data signals !!!
i used to use glosecure, but now. . , .

is that the same with u folks?

secondly pls how can i spoof a UA? Plus i need the UA for Nokia N9 for research purposes
how far?
have you tried using anoda sim to see if its just Glo messing around?
well ben awhile i even used d glosecure stuff sef undecided . . since i finished my free data wink grin

hmmmm this man, wetin u wan spoof UA for?
dont worry i know n i wont tell grin
good luck with ur RESEARCH oh grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:03pm On Dec 09, 2011
lynxnoon:

how far?
have you tried using anoda sim to see if its just Glo messing around?
well ben awhile i even used d glosecure stuff sef undecided . . since i finished my free data wink grin

hmmmm this man, wetin u wan spoof UA for?
dont worry i know n i wont tell grin
good luck with your RESEARCH oh grin grin

as per ou convo. its not the UAm i was mixing them up.

its the DEVICE ID, and i think its the build.prop file

the hitch now is to find someone who owns the device to post the device ID for it.
i think im gonna go into some underg forums to ask, seems nobody accessible by google has bothered with messing with the phone.
Re: Android, Anyone? by linkin8k(m): 2:23pm On Dec 09, 2011
lynxnoon:

there are two things that will determine your receiving Sense 3 update:

1. If your phne is still S-ON n not rooted

2. If your fone model is allowed/meant to receive Sense 3 update by HTC.

So . . . . . if your fone meets those parameters above then u should get the updates; but also remember HTC takes a whole lot of time b4 releasing updates undecided wink
Cheers

I used to receive updates until I s-off it with revolutionary but couldn't successfully root it because of my phone can't apparently read the update.zip from root of SD. Please how do I get it back to s-on
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 3:01pm On Dec 09, 2011
linkin8k:

I used to receive updates until I s-off it with revolutionary but couldn't successfully root it because of my phone can't apparently read the update.zip from root of SD. Please how do I get it back to s-on
its not difficult to do but u need to know what u r doing
click on the link below n u should see a guie on the 1st page on how to S-ON ur device back , . . well that is if u S-OFFed using AlpharevX
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1187231
Cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by whoelse(m): 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2011
@
linkin8k:

Till date, i still do. Even though i'm already on it via an RUU option.
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 5:58pm On Dec 09, 2011
whoelse:

@
Till date, i still do. Even though i'm already on it via an RUU option.
How?

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (112)

How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet / How To Borrow Airtime From Glo Using “borrow Me Credit” / The Galaxy A Series!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.