Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,948 members, 7,922,341 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 03:26 AM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (186853 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by KenJADE(m): 9:35am On Dec 10, 2011
Teaser4:

Samsung galaxy pro cost 35k @slot,i bought it yesterday
So hw re u enjoyin d fone?? Are u recommending me to buy it??
Re: Android, Anyone? by puskin: 9:55am On Dec 10, 2011
lynxnoon:

How?
U don't need it now, no be customs ROMs u dey use again?
Anyways,
Download the RUU for sense 3.0 (I think the file size is like 333MB) and run the damn thing on ur laptop with ur fone connected to the laptop. Follow the instructions, and ur done in no time.
It takes about 10 mins. to update.
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 11:06am On Dec 10, 2011
puskin:

U don't need it now, no be customs ROMs u dey use again?
Anyways,
Download the RUU for sense 3.0 (I think the file size is like 333MB) and run the damn thing on your laptop with your fone connected to the laptop. Follow the instructions, and your done in no time.
It takes about 10 mins. to update.
yeah i know , , ,
just wanted to know if it would work on an S-offed n rooted device wink grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 10, 2011
KenJADE:

So hw re u enjoyin d fone?? Are u recommending me to buy it??

I just got myself samsung I9003 android, and its the best i could ever afford for now, its simply mwuah!!!!!!!
Re: Android, Anyone? by puskin: 2:12pm On Dec 10, 2011
lynxnoon:

yeah i know , , ,
just wanted to know if it would work on an S-offed n rooted device wink grin

It might work on an s-off. . . . .but would definitely not work on a rooted device.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Mobinga: 2:25pm On Dec 10, 2011
I'm scared of rooting my phone, I didn't get it cheap grin

Here's a screenshot of youtube using mtn's 3g + connectify cool

Meanwhile who's interested in testing out my first android app? grin

[img]https://p.twimg.com/AgCsi9mCEAAJJGR.png:large[/img]
Re: Android, Anyone? by thetelz(m): 2:33pm On Dec 10, 2011
@mobinga hehe use skyfire with the video licence instead of youtube, it compresses the bandwidth from streaming videos and doesn't buffer too much
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 4:33pm On Dec 10, 2011
@mobinga
fear fear grin grin
beta join d club wink

btw whats ur app about?
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 10, 2011
I will like to know the benefits i stand to gain if i upgrade my samsung I9003 from v2.2.1 (froyo) to v2.3 (gingerbread)
Re: Android, Anyone? by lalaboi(m): 7:09pm On Dec 10, 2011
**subscribing**
Re: Android, Anyone? by thetelz(m): 8:42pm On Dec 10, 2011
**activating**
Re: Android, Anyone? by edoyad(m): 9:48am On Dec 11, 2011
Haven't had time to do or learn any thing new. But i do have time for games, helps kill time in those boring meetings and all grin grin grin grin . I wasn't into games that much but amnow seriously considering getting a consul cos of the experience.

Re: Android, Anyone? by Mobinga: 10:22am On Dec 11, 2011
the_telz:

@mobinga hehe use skyfire with the video licence instead of youtube, it compresses the bandwidth from streaming videos and doesn't buffer too much

Thanks! I'm just getting the hang of this.

lynxnoon:

@mobinga
fear fear grin grin
beta join d club wink

btw whats your app about?

I'm currently developing it, I'd let you know when its done cool

enitan2002:

I will like to know the benefits i stand to gain if i upgrade my samsung I9003 from v2.2.1 (froyo) to v2.3 (gingerbread)

From wiki : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)

2.3 Gingerbread refined the user interface, improved the soft keyboard and copy/paste features, improved gaming performance, added SIP support (VoIP calls), and added support for Near Field Communication.

edoyad:

Haven't had time to do or learn any thing new. But i do have time for games, helps kill time in those boring meetings and all grin grin grin grin . I wasn't into games that much but amnow seriously considering getting a consul cos of the experience.

Nice, how do you organize your games in folders? How are you taking your own screenshots, because I'm not rooted and I use DDMS from the android SDK?
Re: Android, Anyone? by thetelz(m): 11:14am On Dec 11, 2011
To take screnshots, use screen capture shortcut, its free on android market and for the folders, I use espier launcher , just drag the icons into one another and it makes a new folder
Re: Android, Anyone? by moonraker(m): 11:18am On Dec 11, 2011
Anyone seen the galaxy s2 LTE??

Default processor clock speed is 1.5ghz same as the sensation plus 1gb of ram,
Re: Android, Anyone? by Mobinga: 11:36am On Dec 11, 2011
the_telz:

To take screnshots, use screen capture shortcut, its free on android market and for the folders, I use espier launcher , just drag the icons into one another and it makes a new folder

Thanks. grin
moonraker:

This has Battery Fail plastered over it.

What I especially like about android, is how I can go to the market on my pc, select an app and it automatically starts downloading and installing. Dope.

Check this https://market.android.com/details?id=com.daingo.news.nigeria&hl=en
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 1:16pm On Dec 11, 2011
moonraker:

All that processing speed just to make Android OS less laggy.
Can anyone tell me of any application in the app market that needs (or makes use of ) all this CPU power? Or are Android phone manufacturers just using clock speeds and RAM size as a marketing tool?
Re: Android, Anyone? by Mobinga: 7:39pm On Dec 11, 2011
texazzpete:

All that processing speed just to make Android OS less laggy.
Can anyone tell me of any application in the app market that needs (or makes use of ) all this CPU power? Or are Android phone manufacturers just using clock speeds and RAM size as a marketing tool?

Tex, long time. How's it going?
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 8:19pm On Dec 11, 2011
Mobinga:

Tex, long time. How's it going?

I'm cool bro! How's life in the fab lane as an Android dev?
Re: Android, Anyone? by lalaboi(m): 10:02pm On Dec 11, 2011
Mobinga:

Thanks. grin
This has Battery Fail plastered over it.

What I especially like about android, is how I can go to the market on my pc, select an app and it automatically starts downloading and installing. drugs.

Check this https://market.android.com/details?id=com.daingo.news.nigeria&hl=en

sheeee. . . sick sick sick sick lol. . just tried this now
Re: Android, Anyone? by edoyad(m): 10:26pm On Dec 11, 2011
Mobinga:

Nice, how do you organize your games in folders? How are you taking your own screenshots, because I'm not rooted and I use DDMS from the android SDK?

Just click the menu button when you go to applications, you'll see manage applications where and other options for categorizing your apps. As for screen shots i installed "screenshotUX". Just google and download it, it doesnt need rooting cos my phone isnt rooted yet too.
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 9:29am On Dec 12, 2011
i dont get something.

the galaxy pro is that budget qwerty android no?

and its sold for 35k!!!!!!! WTF!!!!

35k? haa!

and in other news, i drenched my xperia on saturday nite during el clasico embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

as in. . . . . . . . . i tire for myself
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 9:46am On Dec 12, 2011
4llerbuntu:

i dont get something.

the galaxy pro is that budget qwerty android no?

and its sold for 35k!!!!!!! WTF!!!!

35k? haa!

and in other news, i drenched my xperia on saturday nite during el clasico embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

as in. . . . . . . . . i tire for myself

lol
you sef grin grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:27am On Dec 13, 2011
in other news pls who knows where and how to get a screen protector for our fones?

not full body casing like otterbox, just protection fo the screen , large ones like 4 inch and above
at least e don tey enuf and enuf time has passed for accesories for smartfones to come in.
Re: Android, Anyone? by badaru1(m): 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2011
I need original battery for HTC DESIRE. If you have please hola me on:08066061677
Re: Android, Anyone? by edoyad(m): 11:13pm On Dec 13, 2011
4llerbuntu:

in other news pls who knows where and how to get a screen protector for our fones?

not full body casing like otterbox, just protection fo the screen , large ones like 4 inch and above
at least e don tey enuf and enuf time has passed for accesories for smartfones to come in.

I need that screen thingy too, dont know how long the one that came with the phone will last. Please is it possible to use Visa debit card in the market ? My fidelity bank ATM no want work and i need one game badly grin grin grin . The games's Inertia HD and it's out of this world, i need to purchase advanced stages of it, Damn.
Re: Android, Anyone? by thetelz(m): 11:39pm On Dec 13, 2011
Download the cracked version now
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:33pm On Dec 14, 2011
Stop supporting piracy angry angry angry angry
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 3:52pm On Dec 14, 2011
edoyad:

I need that screen thingy too, dont know how long the one that came with the phone will last. Please is it possible to use Visa debit card in the market ? My fidelity bank ATM no want work and i need one game badly grin grin grin . The games's Inertia HD and it's out of this world, i need to purchase advanced stages of it, Damn.
the Market supports Visa and Master cards so it should work tho i would advice u get a dollar card; not becos a naira card wont work but the exchange rate on it cud be funny
Cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Dec 14, 2011
Pls i just bought an HTC Innovation but it is locked to Tmobile sim card, pls is there any one who can help unlock it so i can use nigerian sim cards?
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:50pm On Dec 14, 2011
wierd, are u sure thats the name for the phone? google nor dey bring result o.

just look at the model number and post. make e nor go be say na winmo fone u go buy o

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (112)

How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet / How To Borrow Airtime From Glo Using “borrow Me Credit” / The Galaxy A Series!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.