Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,938 members, 7,922,312 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 12:56 AM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (186850 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by happyme90: 10:56am On Dec 01, 2011
I HAVE A SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 WITH O.S ON GINGERBREAD,STILL NEAT WITH ALL ACCESSORIES,JUST 1 MONTH OLD FOR SELL, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BUYING CALL ME ON 08037121117 FOR PRICE/NEGOTIATION,PLEASE LAGOS BUYER ONLY.THANKS.
Re: Android, Anyone? by yahoo2(m): 11:10am On Dec 01, 2011
the_telz:

cheesy cheesy cheesy here's the nfs shift for galaxy s. www.bestandroiddownloads.com/download/games/arcade/nfs-shift-for-galaxy-s . Hot pursuit is out but can't find it to download yet, . When you download that file, tell me if it has the .apk or just the cache
I'm not a techy person. pls I need it in apk format cos I don't know how to extract it. Don't wanna spoil ma baby. thanks.
Re: Android, Anyone? by elvymoore: 11:12am On Dec 01, 2011
k
Re: Android, Anyone? by thetelz(m): 1:24pm On Dec 01, 2011
yahoo!:

I'm not a techy person. pls I need it in apk format cos I don't know how to extract it. Don't wanna spoil ma baby. thanks.

Use winrar to extract it or you can download only apk then use wifi to download the cache but could be slower than using pc
Re: Android, Anyone? by ibroshile(m): 2:02pm On Dec 01, 2011
am sick and tired with this andriod os battery issue and bugs can any one help me out.Pls
Re: Android, Anyone? by avi2612: 3:31pm On Dec 01, 2011
@happy me
Could me have the pix n price of the galaxy s2
Re: Android, Anyone? by ibroshile(m): 4:24pm On Dec 01, 2011
Galaxy 2 is 83k at slot.
Re: Android, Anyone? by happyme90: 9:37pm On Dec 01, 2011
@avi2612 am gonna have to try and post the picture in the morning using a webcam and am selling last for 77k, if u re still interested call me on 08037121117.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Ejike3: 12:11am On Dec 02, 2011
Yeah! I just rooted my Etisalat Huawei Gaga using SuperOneClick. What next do you think I can do to this navigator?
Re: Android, Anyone? by thetelz(m): 12:22am On Dec 02, 2011
Ejike3:

Yeah! I just rooted my Etisalat Huawei Gaga using SuperOneClick. What next do you think I can do to this navigator?

Really? Wanna root mine too but i'm scared of bricking my phone.

Anyone else using a rooted android?
Re: Android, Anyone? by yahoo2(m): 11:38am On Dec 02, 2011
I guess my samsung galaxy s is rooted too
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:03pm On Dec 02, 2011
the_telz:

Really? Wanna root mine too but i'm scared of bricking my phone.

Anyone else using a rooted android?

undecided undecided undecided undecided
i still cannot fathom this thing about being scared of rooting.

what do u pple think dis rooting thing is anyway? i just dont get. . . . . . . . . .

to be honest if u scared of rooting ur fone, u prolly shouldnt be on android tech boards. prolly everyone who goes there has rooted, unlocked their bootloaders and flash roms and radios like almost daily. hanging out with them might be a problem

besides im still yet to hear anyone brick his fone by rooting. of which even if that occurs is going to be a softbrick, which a simple flash will solve.

nokia still makes fine fones u know, really
Re: Android, Anyone? by Sundayademola(m): 4:41pm On Dec 02, 2011
4llerbuntu:

what do u pple think dis rooting thing is anyway? i just dont get. . . . . . . . . .

to be honest if u scared of rooting your fone, u prolly shouldnt be on android tech boards. prolly everyone who goes there has rooted, unlocked their bootloaders and flash roms and radios like almost daily. hanging out with them might be a problem

besides im still yet to hear anyone brick his fone by rooting. of which even if that occurs is going to be a softbrick, which a simple flash will solve.
nokia still makes fine fones u know, reall
If you are afraid of rooting your phonee,just download gingerbreak and let it do the magic. In my own case,I bricked it when trying to backup my current rom but I unbricked it that day using KDZ UPDATER. NOTE:ANDROID IS COURAGE
Re: Android, Anyone? by Djcn: 6:08pm On Dec 02, 2011
4llerbuntu:

to be honest if u scared of rooting your fone, u prolly shouldnt be on android tech boards. prolly everyone who goes there has rooted, unlocked their bootloaders and flash roms and radios like almost daily. hanging out with them might be a problem

rooting isn't for everyone and the fact that u do it n possible enjoy it doesn't make it risk free.

1. the process is sometimes irreversible
2. void ur phone warranty
3. might destroy the phone (seen some cases)
4. open up more security risks

for anyone interested, just be patient to get as much info as necessary about ur phone.
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 9:24pm On Dec 02, 2011
4llerbuntu:

More than 70% of Android users are running their phones unrooted. They still go on to enjoy a fulfilling time with the quality apps on the Android market as well as the built in functionality.
Unless you're somehow worried that Android phones are of little value without root access, what's the problem?

Finally, most people with busy lives (read: Most grownups) will not see any value in flashing roms and radios daily as long as they're running smoothly on a stable build.
Re: Android, Anyone? by thetelz(m): 10:09pm On Dec 02, 2011
The thing is, most apps that once required rooting to work now work on non-rootec phones. Like taking screenshots only worked pn rooted phones at a point in time but I use screen capture and works well without rooting. The one I know that still requires rooting is capturing videos of your phone screen. Maybe i'll buy that gaga phone first to test-drive the super one click. Shey if you root, you lose all installed apps abi and has anyone tried upgrading os with kies, it doesn't show gingerbread update for my phone but its available
Re: Android, Anyone? by edoyad(m): 12:52pm On Dec 03, 2011
cry cry cry cry cry
Guys my one month old LG p350 was stolen yesterday.

grin grin grin grin grin grin I replied with a vengeance, got the P-970 this morning. Hope i learnt enough from my time with the 350
Re: Android, Anyone? by Ossaifamous(m): 1:25pm On Dec 03, 2011
rooting is easy but used several days to root mine
use gingerbreak but haven't been able to install Roms
just that am using root required applications
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 2:10pm On Dec 03, 2011
edoyad:

cry cry cry cry cry
Guys my one month old LG p350 was stolen yesterday.

grin grin grin grin grin grin I replied with a vengeance, got the P-970 this morning. Hope i learnt enough from my time with the 350

What a waste!
You mean didnt install any tracking software on it?
Peeps, if u can afford to pay thousands of naira for the phone,
Why not invest in a simple app like THEFTAWARE?
Re: Android, Anyone? by hedmond(m): 5:38pm On Dec 03, 2011
@all, how can I connect my HTC sensation to my laptop?

pls respond. its urgent.
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 6:15pm On Dec 03, 2011
hedmond:

@all, how can I connect my HTC sensation to my laptop?

pls respond. its urgent.

Since its Htc, the driver ought to be on the memory card!
Check the memory card, you will find android driver on it
(I want to believe you already have the USB cable?)
Re: Android, Anyone? by edoyad(m): 8:51pm On Dec 03, 2011
na2day!:

What a waste!
You mean didnt install any tracking software on it?
Peeps, if u can afford to pay thousands of naira for the phone,
Why not invest in a simple app like THEFTAWARE?

It's your job for experienced guys like you angry angry angry to educate newbies bout stuff like that, isn't ?

Anyways please tell me more. And which Naija bank ATMs work with the market please ?
Re: Android, Anyone? by edoyad(m): 9:01pm On Dec 03, 2011
I cant stop thinking bout that phone, still dont know where , when and how ?

Anyways i like this one better

Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 1:48am On Dec 04, 2011
edoyad:

It's your job for experienced guys like you angry angry angry to educate newbies bout stuff like that, isn't ?

Anyways please tell me more. And which Naija bank ATMs work with the market please ?

Check THEFTAWARE in the marketplace, you can install the trial version (buy the full version later)
If ur phone is stolen, the thief don enter wahala o!
Immediately a new simcard is put in, it will send a message to a secondary number u provided,
telling u ur smartphone don waka grin
Then u can send some codes back to the stolen phone to either send back to u, its gps coordinate, call u back to listen to
conversations around it, set off alarm, remote wipe e.t.c
The beauty is that all these is done while the thief is unaware of what the phone is doing (its like magic or something!) grin
Check out the trial and try buy the full version when it expires.
I don't know anything about 9ja banks, ATM etc, cos presently i'm not there!
Re: Android, Anyone? by na2day(m): 2:01am On Dec 04, 2011
You can also try this free one, just saw it now and i'm testing!
[size=13pt]Anti Theft Pro[/size]
Re: Android, Anyone? by edoyad(m): 7:28am On Dec 04, 2011
Correct Man, I'm doing that as i type. wink wink wink wink wink . Too bad i didn't have it installed in the pld one
Re: Android, Anyone? by thetelz(m): 8:55am On Dec 04, 2011
na2day!:

You can also try this free one, just saw it now and i'm testing!
[size=13pt]Anti Theft Pro[/size]

The reviews on android market say itd wack. Did it work for you?
Re: Android, Anyone? by Ejike3: 8:57am On Dec 04, 2011
the_telz:

The thing is, most apps that once required rooting to work now work on non-rootec phones. Like taking screenshots only worked pn rooted phones at a point in time but I use screen capture and works well without rooting. The one I know that still requires rooting is capturing videos of your phone screen. Maybe i'll buy that gaga phone first to test-drive the super one click. Shey if you root, you lose all installed apps abi and has anyone tried upgrading os with kies, it doesn't show gingerbread update for my phone but its available
After rooting all apps remain intact, the only thing I noticed is additional app called SUPER USER and my DroidWall is fully functional. This Etisalat Gaga is cool, I use it mainly for navigation. I installed a lot of map, navigation and tracking apps on it, I can even see our house in the village. . .Chai! Android good oo.
Re: Android, Anyone? by thetelz(m): 10:10am On Dec 04, 2011
Lol I used the maps to track my route from lagos down to ibadan and estimated the duration by car and was almost accurate. Heard v6.0 sees inside your house sef
Re: Android, Anyone? by texazzpete(m): 11:21pm On Dec 04, 2011
na2day!:

Check THEFTAWARE in the marketplace, you can install the trial version (buy the full version later)
If your phone is stolen, the thief don enter wahala o!
Immediately a new simcard is put in, it will send a message to a secondary number u provided,
telling u your smartphone don waka grin
Then u can send some codes back to the stolen phone to either send back to u, its gps coordinate, call u back to listen to
conversations around it, set off alarm, remote wipe e.t.c
The beauty is that all these is done while the thief is unaware of what the phone is doing (its like magic or something!) grin
Check out the trial and try buy the full version when it expires.
I don't know anything about 9ja banks, ATM etc, cos presently i'm not there!

Great, except that most security conscious users would have put a security lock/password on their phone. Thus the thief will go for a hard reset/wipe to bypass this.
naturally, the hard reset will nuke your anti-theft protection grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) ... (112)

How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet / How To Borrow Airtime From Glo Using “borrow Me Credit” / The Galaxy A Series!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.