Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,972 members, 7,903,089 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 01:31 AM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (186081 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 27, 2012
Lemia:

guys pls I use d huawei u8180 GaGa fone frm etisalat and I have a few questions.
1.has anyone rooted dis device before?
2.has anyone tried installing custom roms
3.please is der any good football game dat will work on d 2.8 inch screen, d fone has no gpu oh.
4.has anyone had luck unlocking dis fone,
thanks in anticipation

Have you searched for custom roms for the u8180? I think it's possible to install CyanogenMod 7.2.0 on the phone and it would also unlock it according to what i read on this thread [url]http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1259739][/url]. Make sure you know what you're doing and don't brick the phone.

Lemme know how it goes. cheesy
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 8:09am On Jan 28, 2012
Hello Droid Fam! grin Good to see this thread alive and kicking. I can see that more and more people are switching over wink. Will be posting some screenshots and tips soonest.
Re: Android, Anyone? by odibenson(m): 11:40am On Jan 28, 2012
pls help me o.I got HTC wildfire and I available downloaded Facebook for android and anytime
I post it always say by mobile instead of android way Shie I do
Re: Android, Anyone? by Mobinga: 11:50am On Jan 28, 2012
odibenson:

pls help me o.I got HTC wildfire and I available downloaded Facebook for android and anytime

It's from facebook http://www.facebook.com/android/posts/10150261456720909
Re: Android, Anyone? by aieromon(m): 12:24pm On Jan 28, 2012
Double N:

Hello Droid Fam! grin Good to see this thread alive and kicking. I can see that more and more people are switching over wink. Will be posting some screenshots and tips soonest.

I didn't switch over.I needed a tablet that wasn't made by Apple and Android was in line.
Re: Android, Anyone? by nastydamus(m): 3:59pm On Jan 28, 2012
odibenson:

Try Friendcaster Pro for facebook, available in the market.
Re: Android, Anyone? by DoubleN(m): 10:24pm On Jan 28, 2012
aieromon:

I didn't switch over.I needed a tablet that wasn't made by Apple and Android was in line.
Ha!! BABA Aeiromon! Don' t be in denial o grin. na so e dey always happen. The bug go still bite you!
Re: Android, Anyone? by aieromon(m): 10:35pm On Jan 28, 2012
Double N:

Ha!! BABA Aeiromon! Don' t be in denial o grin. na so e dey always happen. The bug go still bite you!

Well,I don chop the winsh but I no go confess.Its a wonderful experience though.
Re: Android, Anyone? by edoyad(m): 7:30pm On Jan 29, 2012
If you like scrabble then look for "words with friends" in the market. It's fantastic and free though you need gprs to play. I've been thrashing people from allover the world grin
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jan 29, 2012
Friends,

If we have android dev here on nairaland who can help develop a nairaland app like that xda application. It would be more easier for users to access the site via handhelds. It's just a suggestion

Cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by bularuz(m): 4:59pm On Jan 30, 2012
Hello nairalanders how do I Sim unlock and root a Samsung galaxy s2. Thanks
Re: Android, Anyone? by MrTA(m): 6:36pm On Jan 30, 2012
mistypiper:

Friends,

If we have android dev here on nairaland who can help develop a nairaland app like that xda application. It would be more easier for users to access the site via handhelds. It's just a suggestion

Cheers

You just need the nairaland forum to be tapatalk enabled( that's one for the nairaland powers that be). that's what they (@XDA) use anyways. tapatalk is a pretty good app.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 30, 2012
bularuz:

Hello nairalanders how do I Sim unlock and root a Samsung galaxy s2. Thanks

I tried to post a guide to help you with but i got banned for some reason. If you can IM me on yahoo (misterpiper2004) I'll provide all you need to root and sim unlock the piece.

Cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by v3: 9:14am On Jan 31, 2012
Wow, to think i almost opened a thread for Android phones. 74 pages already? shocked
Ok, i recently bought a Samsung Exhibit 4G phone and i've been loving the experience on wifi/3Gdata. The android still shits on the BB tongue

I've got so many apps installed (16GB MMC) and i'll post screenshots soon. I've got PES 2012, SFIV. .and i actually found a way to get the SD/Data files of these apps from 3rd party sites.

Now, to the phone gurus, what are the pros and cons of rooting my device? I installed Titanium Backup Pro a couple of days back but on running it, a message "Cannot access root" popped up.
Re: Android, Anyone? by v3: 9:37am On Jan 31, 2012
Screenies

Re: Android, Anyone? by Timi1990(m): 11:03am On Jan 31, 2012
v3:

Wow, to think i almost opened a thread for Android phones. 74 pages already? shocked
Ok, i recently bought a Samsung Exhibit 4G phone and i've been loving the experience on wifi/3Gdata. The android still shits on the BB tongue

I've got so many apps installed (16GB MMC) and i'll post screenshots soon. I've got PES 2012, SFIV. .and i actually found a way to get the SD/Data files of these apps from 3rd party sites.

Now, to the phone gurus, what are the pros and cons of rooting my device? I installed Titanium Backup Pro a couple of days back but on running it, a message "Cannot access root" popped up.

guy u be Boss o o o o, pls how much is that ur samsung 4g.
Re: Android, Anyone? by v3: 1:36pm On Jan 31, 2012
More screenshots

Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 2:03pm On Jan 31, 2012
wink

Re: Android, Anyone? by v3: 2:34pm On Jan 31, 2012
lynxnoon:

wink

Err, i downloaded ShootMe and Screenshot ER but none of them seem to work sad, What do i need to do?
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 4:03pm On Jan 31, 2012
v3:

Err, i downloaded ShootMe and Screenshot ER but none of them seem to work sad, What do i need to do?
allow permission in SUPERUSER n also tick ALLOW UNKNOWNCUSTOM APPLICATIONS
cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by v3: 4:53pm On Jan 31, 2012
@lynxnoon
Err, I haven't rooted the phone yet.
Re: Android, Anyone? by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:42pm On Jan 31, 2012
THEN ROOT IT.

what self respecting android phone user does not root his phone? tongue tongue tongue tongue

my friend root the fone, chikena. after u sef go dey complain say e dey chop data. embarassed embarassed do the need full

install adblock, droidwall and look busy wink
Re: Android, Anyone? by v3: 7:32pm On Jan 31, 2012
Done did the root, my heart skipped a beat when i saw post-rooting errors but read up that they were to be expected. So yes, I DID IT! grin cool

@4ller
We go still talk.
Re: Android, Anyone? by BlackBaron: 7:44pm On Jan 31, 2012
Welcome to the club.

Now you can delete all those bloatwares, install custom find et al.

Get market enabler too. A 'must' for all rooted phones.
Re: Android, Anyone? by v3: 7:50pm On Jan 31, 2012
What are bloatwares? And how do i get rid of em? embarassed

And the market enabler,whats that?
Re: Android, Anyone? by aieromon(m): 7:58pm On Jan 31, 2012
lynxnoon:

wink

Is ICS stable on your device?
Re: Android, Anyone? by BlackBaron: 8:46pm On Jan 31, 2012
Bloatware is any carrier installed app (provided it was once a carrier branded phone)

Usually annoying and of no use whatsoever.

Can be deleted normally through your app settings with rooted phones I think.

Market Enabler let's you fake your location and download apps normally not available in your country.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Ossaifamous(m): 9:29pm On Jan 31, 2012
I've rooted my phone for like 3 months ago but the first time I try to install custom Roms I bricked the lg500
had to flash or reprogramed it since then I've been timid on redoing it
if any one can guide me through it I'll be happy my mail is famozine@gmail.com
Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 31, 2012
Ossai famous:

I've rooted my phone for like 3 months ago but the first time I try to install custom Roms I bricked the lg500

Which phone are you talking about bro?

Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 31, 2012
Ossai famous:

Or this one?

Re: Android, Anyone? by Brisingr(m): 5:36am On Feb 01, 2012
i rooted my galaxy sII fone using the odin method and even got the superuser app but every time I turn my phone on i get this yellow triangle before full booting by fone anybody with ideas on how to solve this

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (112)

How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet / Samsung Official Thread / The Galaxy A Series!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.