Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,953 members, 7,903,064 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 11:34 PM

Android, Anyone? - Phones (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android, Anyone? (186079 Views)

Where Can I Get The Oneplus One Android. Anyone? / Icmp Isssh Android Anyone droid vpn + bis? / Android, Anyone? Part II (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (112) (Go Down)

Re: Android, Anyone? by Mobinga: 6:09pm On Jan 10, 2012

Re: Android, Anyone? by Sarpino: 12:49am On Jan 11, 2012
Hello,
Please which Android phone will u recommend for Nigeria. My husband and I want to buy one for his yyounger and we don't want one that he won't be able to use well because of compatibility issues. I'm sure you must have mentioned in the thread already but I don't have time to read it all. Please help, I want to quickly get it before this man change his mind, we have been begging since last year, he has finally agreed but I know if we don't do it fast, he will change his mind.
I'm looking for a phone between 30 to 45K.

Thank you oh, God bless u all.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Teaser4(m): 4:11pm On Jan 11, 2012
Sarpino:

Hello,
Please which Android phone will u recommend for Nigeria. My husband and I want to buy one for his yyounger and we don't want one that he won't be able to use well because of compatibility issues. I'm sure you must have mentioned in the thread already but I don't have time to read it all. Please help, I want to quickly get it before this man change his mind, we have been begging since last year, he has finally agreed but I know if we don't do it fast, he will change his mind.
I'm looking for a phone between 30 to 45K.

Thank you oh, God bless u all.
with 30k-45k,you can buy Samsung Galaxy Pro #31,500,Galaxy fit-#37,500,Galaxy Gio-#38,500,Galaxy Ace-45,000, All these phones are good,and run OS froyo,while some can be updated to Gingerbread, Pro is a touch and type phone,with 2.8 inch screen,320x240 screen,inshort it looks like a bb device,others are touchscreen phones.
Re: Android, Anyone? by Sarpino: 4:42pm On Jan 11, 2012
Teaser4:

with 30k-45k,you can buy Samsung Galaxy Pro #31,500,Galaxy fit-#37,500,Galaxy Gio-#38,500,Galaxy Ace-45,000, All these phones are good,and run OS froyo,while some can be updated to Gingerbread, Pro is a touch and type phone,with 2.8 inch screen,320x240 screen,inshort it looks like a bb device,others are touchscreen phones.

Thank you very much, God bless you. Another question, do any of the service provider have 4g yet? I have been reading reviews on Amazon.com because that is where we want to buy it from and people are saying the best service for Android is 4g. Is this true? Sorry for the all the question, I just don't want to hear I told you so tongue
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 5:20pm On Jan 11, 2012
Mobinga:

guy u be bigz boi oh smiley smiley
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 5:25pm On Jan 11, 2012
Sarpino:

Thank you very much, God bless you. Another question, do any of the service provider have 4g yet? I have been reading reviews on Amazon.com because that is where we want to buy it from and people are saying the best service for Android is 4g. Is this true? Sorry for the all the question, I just don't want to hear I told you so tongue
No . . . what we have here is 3.5g (or HSDPA+) which will be on most recent fones
all u have to be sure of is dat the frequency bands for 2g n 3g r on 1900 and 2100 respectively.
cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by OmokayZ(m): 12:30am On Jan 12, 2012
Pls house my htc just failed to lunch htc sense and signal bars refuse to come out only d 1X sign is showin,wat can i do?
Re: Android, Anyone? by Sarpino: 5:27am On Jan 12, 2012
lynxnoon:

No . . . what we have here is 3.5g (or HSDPA+) which will be on most recent fones
all u have to be sure of is dat the frequency bands for 2g n 3g r on 1900 and 2100 respectively.
cheers
Thank you, very informative. So something like this is okay abi

http://www.n1wireless.com/Samsung-Samsung_S5570_Galaxy_Mini_GSM_Unlocked_Smartphone.html
Re: Android, Anyone? by Sarpino: 5:32am On Jan 12, 2012
This is the picture

Re: Android, Anyone? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 12, 2012
does any1 use a hvga android device here?. . .
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 7:22pm On Jan 12, 2012
@Sarpir
I just check out the specs online amd you are good to go
Cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 7:38pm On Jan 12, 2012
@omok
If your fone is showing X1, that means your device is a CDMA fone, and will only work with networks like starcomms or multilinks
Cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 8:35pm On Jan 12, 2012
@omok
Also confirm your fone uses gsm sim n the settings is not set to 2G ONLY
That could also be d problem
Cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by KenJADE(m): 12:26am On Jan 13, 2012
any1 wif htc chacha?? I'm tired of reviews. I need sum1 hu uses d fone to tell me wat I need to know
Re: Android, Anyone? by kunlebco(m): 6:22pm On Jan 14, 2012
hello
I've been using this htc sensation 4G for over a month now and with the hype and everything, I feel like I'm underutilizing it. can anyone give tips on apps that can make it more fun?
this battery issue, I need help. it last only like 4hrs when I'm online. I installed advanced task killer but its same story.
thirdly, this fone suck up my data subscription. like 500mb for like 10days while I used like 120mb on my E71 Nokia
Re: Android, Anyone? by kunlebco(m): 7:19pm On Jan 14, 2012
hello
I've been using this htc sensation 4G for over a month now and with the hype and everything, I feel like I'm underutilizing it. can anyone give tips on apps that can make it more fun?
this battery issue, I need help. it last only like 4hrs when I'm online. I installed advanced task killer but its same story.
thirdly, this fone suck up my data subscription. like 500mb for like 10days while I used like 120mb on my E71 Nokia
Re: Android, Anyone? by Sundayademola(m): 7:43pm On Jan 14, 2012
kunlebco:

hello

I advice you use the operamini to browse instead of skyfire and dolphin hd browser as operamini allows like 87% of data compression.
You can get a data watchdog to monitor your data consumption.
Calibrate the battery manually and through apps to get the sh*t outta the battery life.
Re: Android, Anyone? by cj1080(m): 3:01pm On Jan 15, 2012
For people with bandwidth issues check out this post

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-846549.0.html#msg9969251

And hey i wanna sell my LG OPTIMUS ME P350 PECAN.
specs
2.3 ghz but running on froyo.
2gb external sd.
159mb internal
3.0mp camera.
radio
rooted
and one month old.
asking price 30k negotiable.
Re: Android, Anyone? by kunlebco(m): 6:15pm On Jan 15, 2012
@sundayademola, which data watchdog would u prescribe for me?
I use opera mini always except when I post via htc sense. and this data consumption is still killing me.
Re: Android, Anyone? by kunlebco(m): 6:17pm On Jan 15, 2012
@sundayademola, which data watchdog would u prescribe for me?
I use opera mini always except when I post via htc sense. and this data consumption is still killing me.
how do I calibrate? I read a calibration style on xda developer but I can't go for it due to my schedule. any ideas
Re: Android, Anyone? by BlackBaron: 11:11pm On Jan 15, 2012
^^Dude, you need to tweak your data settings.

Sync all auto updates off or wifi only.

Other tips is use a good browser that compresses data and change your browser settings to 'mobile optimised' pages rather than data heavy website.

Sync your dashboard/weather updates to maybe 6 hour intervals too as against every time you 'open' it
Re: Android, Anyone? by BlackBaron: 11:12pm On Jan 15, 2012
Besides where are all the other droid heads at anyway.

Bit dead since the strike. . .
Re: Android, Anyone? by OmokayZ(m): 11:54pm On Jan 15, 2012
But av been using etisalat line with it b4
lynxnoon:

@omok
If your fone is showing X1, that means your device is a CDMA fone, and will only work with networks like starcomms or multilinks
Cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by OmokayZ(m): 11:56pm On Jan 15, 2012
Pls how can i get my htc sense bak,its fails to launch on my fone
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 12:16am On Jan 16, 2012
OmokayZ:

Pls how can i get my htc sense bak,its fails to launch on my fone
1st of all, What did you do to your phone?
Re: Android, Anyone? by OmokayZ(m): 1:00pm On Jan 16, 2012
i jus noticed wen i charged with a different chager
lynxnoon:

1st of all, What did you do to your phone?
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 9:00pm On Jan 16, 2012
OmokayZ:

i jus noticed wen i charged with a different chager
Use the right charger or the one that came with it
If you can still access your fone n use it to an extent then it's mot the htc sense you have issues with, Most likely a widget missing or removed from the screen,
Check your display /wallpaper settings
Cheers
Re: Android, Anyone? by cj1080(m): 11:21pm On Jan 16, 2012
the dude with issue of bandwidth usage check your solution here

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-846549.0.html#msg9980548

or look for droidwall on the market download and install it. then tick only the apps u want internet access for.

Also tick off background and auto syncing in ur accounts and sync option in you phones settings page.

Re: Android, Anyone? by thetelz(m): 1:17am On Jan 18, 2012
Droidwall requires root though.
Re: Android, Anyone? by lynxnoon(m): 4:28pm On Jan 18, 2012
smiley

Re: Android, Anyone? by denzel2009: 7:53pm On Jan 18, 2012
I think Asus is crazy, they released Asus transformer prime Tf201 in Nov/Dec, now they just launched this

http://www.engadget.com/photos/asus-eee-pad-transformer-prime-tf700t-hands-on-0/
Re: Android, Anyone? by Dele99: 2:23pm On Jan 19, 2012
cj1080:

For people with bandwidth issues check out this post

www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-846549.0.html#msg9969251

And hey i wanna sell my LG OPTIMUS ME P350 PECAN.
specs
2.3 ghz but running on froyo.
2gb external sd.
159mb internal
3.0mp camera.
radio
rooted
and one month old.
asking price 30k negotiable.
If you really want to sell that phone you need to ask for a reasonable price.That same phone with free data bundle is sold at alower price by an accredited dealer.check out slot and you will pay less for a new one

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (112)

How To Stop Automatic Touches On Screens Of Your Android Phones And Tablet / Samsung Official Thread / The Galaxy A Series!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.