Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,891 members, 7,942,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 02:57 AM

May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? (4581 Views)

Poll: Will the handover process be successful?

Yes: 91% (32 votes)
No: 8% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Governor-Elect To Be Sworn-in By His Mother-in-Law On May 29th / Obama To Attend Buhari's Inauguration On May 29th. / The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by rowlandwhy: 6:05pm On May 21, 2007
What do you think would happen on the D-day, May 29th in Nigeria?
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by Has(m): 6:28pm On May 21, 2007
My brother nothing will happen.The fact is that higher percentage of nigerians do not concor to the election results and the govt of the day know that people are not happy, with this there will be millitary every where to deal with anyone that may disrupt the process.May God see us through!!!
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by BigB11(m): 6:33pm On May 21, 2007
Let's hope and pray that no one pays with his or her life.

It will be successful.
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by McKren(m): 6:38pm On May 21, 2007
Whoever dies on May 29th is simply looking for excuse to die.
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by Has(m): 6:46pm On May 21, 2007
McKren:

Not realy cos many innocent nigerians died while exercising their franchise during the last general elections!
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by folem: 6:58pm On May 21, 2007
Has:

Not realy because many innocent nigerians died while exercising their franchise during the last general elections!

Many innocent INEC officials and policemen/women died too while doing their job on the election days.
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by olutomiwa(m): 6:25pm On May 22, 2007
it will be more than SUK SEX FULL grin.Nothing go happen,no shaking,wey dem?
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by dgb4(m): 1:00pm On May 23, 2007
What is everybody expected to do?

Please advise us according
thanks
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by Bolarge(m): 1:15pm On May 23, 2007
Sit at home and watch the live broadcast of proceedings on NTA.

Provided PHCN chooses not to withhold power. grin
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by youngies(m): 1:23pm On May 23, 2007
Who says nothing will happen on May 29?

Something will surely happen. It is the day the spoils of war do or die loot will be shared among the Vagabounds in Power.

They will come to the venue so prepared, armed to the teeth and eye blood shut. The self accailmed "leader of modern Nigeria" will be presiding.

Woobetide anyone dares to cross their path, they will shoot and asked no questions later.  This is will be more than enough to happen in one day.
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by haywhy(m): 1:27pm On May 23, 2007
Stay in your individual houses! We self dey contribute to d troubles of this country!
Nepa no bring light - Loads of ppl no dey pay for d power we dem dey use!
Street dey dirty - Na who dey put rubbish 4 there? Abi na Obj dey throw dem from Abj
Poor education - Na who dey follow in pikin get orijo, No be some ppl dey teach d pikins 4 school
Every lil bad thing in 9ja has a hand of Nigerians dem self!

@ bolargeLol, dem no go take light
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by Odujelum(f): 1:28pm On May 23, 2007
By the special Grace of God it should be successful. but  i pray that the God of justice should deal with those desperate politicians who have vowed to destroy this country with the nonsense they called election.

please people should be very cautious, it must be successfull as far as obj is concerned, remember, election was the 'DO' swearing in is going to be the 'DIE' beware.
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by haywhy(m): 1:32pm On May 23, 2007
Everything wey dey happen 4 9ja dey happen 4 other countries too! But 9jerians too get agidi! If there is electoral injustice no britton will put fire 4 road or dey cause wahala!

Price of petrol dey increase 4 here too, nobody dey shout! If oyinbo man dey use car b4 & condition change e go accept am!

See as dem dey strike 4 weeks! Anyway na because dem know say dem go get paid!
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by marlet01(m): 1:35pm On May 23, 2007
I feel it would be successful; If at all there were to be any hinderance it would have been in the elections.
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by hbrednic: 1:36pm On May 23, 2007
the best bet is to stay indoors,the military and the mopol are already warming up with ogogoro.
it'll be their hunting day.
looking for trouble makers? NO. they will be inventing one,so dont be a victim.
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by angel101(f): 1:37pm On May 23, 2007
haywhy:

Everything wey dey happen 4 Nigeria dey happen 4 other countries too! But 9jerians too get agidi! If there is electoral injustice no britton will put fire 4 road or dey cause wahala!

Price of petrol dey increase 4 here too, nobody dey shout! If oyinbo man dey use car before & condition change e go accept am!

See as them dey strike 4 weeks! Anyway na because them know say them go get paid!

not true. they demonstrate but peacefully.
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by haywhy(m): 1:44pm On May 23, 2007
Is there not a difference between receiving thousands of letters & shouting in mass carrying cutlass, burning tyres & causing polution, oh yeah peaceful demonstration, ur right!
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by Everbright(f): 1:46pm On May 23, 2007
Come to think of it,
this is  Transition from a democratic government to another democratic government-the first of its kind
Let's just pray and hope for the best to happen
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by haywhy(m): 1:48pm On May 23, 2007
McKren:

Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by ebos(m): 2:05pm On May 23, 2007
I tell you, in Nigeria, demonstrate peacefully and more will lose their lives, police, army will shoot you, but if you are well armed and go for violence, Nigerian Government will tell you keeping quiet does not mean weak. How many Niger Delta Militants have lost their lives since their violent struggle for equity? Least number. The story would have been different if they had engaged on peaceful demonstration. Nigerian government always show power if you are not well armed. So, I have come to realize that the only language Nigerian government understands is arm struggle.
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by haywhy(m): 2:06pm On May 23, 2007
omg
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by ebos(m): 2:07pm On May 23, 2007
I tell you, in Nigeria, demonstrate peacefully and more will lose their lives, police, army will shoot you, but if you are well armed and go for violence, Nigerian Government will tell you keeping quiet does not mean weak. How many Niger Delta Militants have lost their lives since their violent struggle for equity? Least number. The story would have been different if they had engaged on peaceful demonstration. Nigerian government always show power if you are not well armed. So, I have come to realize that the only language Nigerian government understands is arm struggle. At least 29th May will rubbish OBJ's claim of fight against corruption. How can u legalize corruption as a system of government? You rigged elections and told us the system has been there. So, we will continue to endure base on wrong? Never.
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by angel101(f): 2:09pm On May 23, 2007
angel101:

not true. they demonstrate but peacefully.

lol  cheesy
after the last fuel increase here in the UK there was a demonstration where truck drivers took over the M1 (i think) and caused severe trffic by driving too slowly  wink

ebos:

I tell you, in Nigeria, demonstrate peacefully and more will lose their lives, police, army will shoot you, but if you are well armed and go for violence, Nigerian Government will tell you keeping quiet does not mean weak. How many Niger Delta Militants have lost their lives since their violent struggle for equity? Least number. The story would have been different if they had engaged on peaceful demonstration. Nigerian government always show power if you are not well armed. So, I have come to realize that the only language Nigerian government understands is arm struggle.

i totally agree
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by temmyabby(f): 2:11pm On May 23, 2007
nothing, all will be well undecided i hope
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by haywhy(m): 2:11pm On May 23, 2007
angel101:

lol cheesy
after the last fuel increase here in the UK there was a demonstration where truck drivers took over the M1 (i think) and caused severe trffic by driving too slowly wink
LOL
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by ebos(m): 2:13pm On May 23, 2007
OBJ''s inability to crack down the Niger Delta militants in the creeks is weakness.  Nigerian soldgiers cannot go down there.  If they try it, they will be drowned.  I know they cannot swim with their big stomochs.  So, you cannot fight them in their terrain and the system they understand better than u do.
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by DeepSoul(f): 2:45pm On May 23, 2007
Everyone's advised to just stay at home. Watch the activities of the day on tv. Do not trust Nepa to provide you that luxury. Buy enough fuel or diesel to power your gen. I personally will not make any unnecessary waka on that day. Not with all the viloence that have been going on in the past few months.
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by oje(m): 2:52pm On May 23, 2007
@ Topic,

I don't care anymore!
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by Gift4all(m): 2:53pm On May 23, 2007
May 29 is the historic day we all look to, it will be a sort of "crossing the Jordan" in our journey towards the promised land. Those who are against smooth transition are enemies of progress. We pray for peace and God will continue to bless this country.

Ranka dade Yar'adua! Yar'adua carry go!! No shaking, Nigeria go better!!!
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by amaikama(m): 2:59pm On May 23, 2007
rowlandwhy!! what do you think will happen come may 29? absolutely nothing! read my lips, nothing will ever happen!! when the president said, the April presidential election is a do or die affair" who or what did Nigerians do? they are all murmuring like a pregnant woman who just lost her husband few month after their wedding. Nigerians can bark but find it hard to bite and later complain bitterly about things gone bad.

abeg! make we talk better thing jare!!!

angry
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by 2old4that(m): 3:07pm On May 23, 2007
Come to think of it,
this is Transition from a democratic government to another democratic government-the first of its kind
Let's just pray and hope for the best to happen

Abi o!
I pray for a successful transition and be optimistic that nothing will go wrong; and let for once the world know we can do things right. For God sake; a country like south africa can transit peacefully to another government and yet Nigeria is still struggling.

Lets just be optimistic!
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by angel101(f): 3:16pm On May 23, 2007
2old4that:

Abi o!
let for once the world know we can do things right.

how ironic. if indeed we have done things right would there be a need for this thread?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Proof That Buhari Didn't Buy Any Rifle For The Army. / Miss Anambra S*x Scandal: Apc Calls On IGP To Arrest Chidinma Okeke Today Or... / "Only SE Senators And Reps Can Make Biafra Happen" Senator Tejuoso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.