Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,501 members, 7,968,362 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 05:36 AM

May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? (4593 Views)

Poll: Will the handover process be successful?

Yes: 91% (32 votes)
No: 8% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Governor-Elect To Be Sworn-in By His Mother-in-Law On May 29th / Obama To Attend Buhari's Inauguration On May 29th. / The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by VIC4U: 3:28pm On May 23, 2007
nothing dey happen bt to be on a safer side stay at home
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by McKren(m): 3:31pm On May 23, 2007
But why is the Opposition calling for fresh election when they have not relinquished power in states that they won?

They should reject power in Lagos, kano, Zamfara, Bauchi etc so that we can begin to take them seriously.
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by muhsin(m): 3:37pm On May 23, 2007
My wish; everything will go as smoothly as oppsotions have never expect.
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by 2old4that(m): 3:42pm On May 23, 2007
But why is the Opposition calling for fresh election when they have not relinquished power in states that they won?

They should reject power in Lagos, kano, Zamfara, Bauchi etc so that we can begin to take them seriously.

You right!
Since they (opposition) said there's something fishy about election, then that implies too in the states that they won!
Nigerians can take them serious if they'd relinquished the ones they won. Is it that there were no flaws in places they won? Crap!
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by marlet01(m): 3:48pm On May 23, 2007
Remember we are making our speeches now but what is destined to happen on that day will happen!
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by knotty(m): 3:49pm On May 23, 2007
come May 29th, Trisha shall be visiting from Akwa Ibom. will it be a success? surely, it will be. i shall fry her silly and she shall screw me nuts. at the end of the day, i plan reporting it on Nairaland under the thread, when last did you,,,,,,

abi, is anything else happening dat day?
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by mansa(f): 3:52pm On May 23, 2007
im quite optimistic notin will happen.
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by 2old4that(m): 3:57pm On May 23, 2007
Remember we are making our speeches now but what is destined to happen on that day will happen!

Sure! But then prayers can be of help. dont u think so?
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by obyann(f): 4:01pm On May 23, 2007
@ebos

You are very correct.
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by Segesexy: 4:07pm On May 23, 2007
May 29th is the final phase of the Selection process, and its strictly by Invites.Stay indoors and keep vigil
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by Mayflower2(f): 4:23pm On May 23, 2007
@topic undecided
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by dgb4(m): 4:39pm On May 23, 2007
waoo thats great!!

So will there be a public holiday ?

also

why is OBJ relocatiing before the D-day?

more explanations please
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by TSingerr(m): 4:41pm On May 23, 2007
omo mehn nothing will happen jo. We're toothless bulldogs in naija. the leadership has made us that. we can only bark we cannot bite cry
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by ebos(m): 4:52pm On May 23, 2007
obyann:

@ebos

You are very correct.

You really understood my point. The Federal Government and our forces are ruthless and will deal with you if you demonstrate peacefully. Despite their charade elections, ordinary constable with a baton will punch u like a criminal. But armed yourself to the teeth, they will throw their support to you secretly.
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by Ezenwenyi(m): 5:01pm On May 23, 2007
Only God knows what will happen on the 29th.But i pray that God will forgive PDP for humiliating the masses and denying the masses the right to choose their true leaders.But nemesis will surely visit in an unknown time.Our generation will find it difficult to forgive Obasanjo and his group of PDP evil doers!
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by kayzee(m): 5:04pm On May 23, 2007
I am very optimistic about it!!!! its going to be successful, as we voted and our friends won, come may 29 and june 6 we shall be celebrating good life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by joobreel(m): 5:17pm On May 23, 2007
Red Alert- sit in your house. watch handing over on ur tv. buy fuel now cos surely there will no PHCN that day. dont join the freedom fighters on a mass protest (an advice). but on waht will happen, nothing unusual cos gun shots at protesters is not new in nigeria. worst is there will be shooting of the 'MANDELAs' that day if they venture on a mass anything. all the best
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by marlet01(m): 5:25pm On May 23, 2007
2old4that:

Sure! But then prayers can be of help. don't u think so?
Yes! So let's keep praying.
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by otokx(m): 5:29pm On May 23, 2007
Petrol is now N140 a litre in Port Harcourt.
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by saintchux(m): 6:49pm On May 23, 2007
By this special grace of God, no life will be lost to stray bullet that day. I believe that God give power, If it the will of God that Yar Adua will be President not matter how he won the election, let it be so. My pray is for God to take control
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by rowlandwhy: 6:54pm On May 23, 2007
All,
It is well
Lets just sit and watch out how the whole scenario will look like
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by mrofficial(m): 7:04pm On May 23, 2007
OBJ -> O-B-O
Me i am bound with no f**king rules
i do what pleases me
i check my self from up to down
before i act like a boss in the town
Damn.
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by ebos(m): 7:09pm On May 23, 2007
Nothing like prayers in this case.  When you pray, you make restitution.  If nothing happens on 29th May, certainly later.  Some agrieved politicians who did not receive justice would stop at nothing to cause havocs anytime any day. You defranchise others, rigged elections and some people are saying lets see Nigeria do what is right at least for a moment.  Do you realise the pain of injustice?  What we are saying is for them to canceal the entire elections in 36 states of the federation including FCT and conduct a fresh elections.  This is the best prayer that can guaranty a continue peace, God help those who help themselves.
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by DisGuy: 7:18pm On May 23, 2007
ebos:

Nothing like prayers in this case. When you pray, you make restitution. If nothing happens on 29th May, certainly later. Some agrieved politicians who did not receive justice would stop at nothing to cause havocs anytime any day. You defranchise others, rigged elections and some people are saying lets see Nigeria do what is right at least for a moment. Do you realise the pain of injustice? What we are saying is for them to canceal the entire elections in 36 states of the federation including FCT and conduct a fresh elections. This is the best prayer that can guaranty a continue peace, God help those who help themselves.

So OBJ should continue then you complain, or someone else should be placed there for the main time? I bet you will all say the person is not fit to be there or the person is a stooge blah blah

Who will conduct the new elections? the same INEC? calamity upon calamity in Nigeria

Upon everything all those calling for protest will sit at home with your precious family to watch the celebration in Abuja
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by nazzyon(m): 7:18pm On May 23, 2007
Nothing will hapen and if it does. It will be limited.

Most people had already known the consequences of any stupid action. And besides the trouble seekers of the past now know that after they are in trouble with the government their financee backout, denieng knowing them.

Both Atiku and Buhari will keep shouting and when the war begins they will travel out of the country, leaving the ignorants behind.

I don't think there is any country that can boast of free and fair election. Even if either Atiku and Buhati won the election; some people will rise and say it was by cheating. [sub]Though it is right to fight for our rights, but upon all our efforts we're been read our right.[/sub]

In my area in both Surulere and Osborne Estate, most of the numerous rich men left the country before before the election commenced. If there is another way of resolving the situation @ hand besides war, I am in support of it.

I want the right way of living for the people of my country but I am against any form of vandalism
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by natur(m): 8:54pm On May 23, 2007
how ironic. if indeed we have done things right would there be a need for this thread?

Thanx a whole lot angel101. Nothin good will come out of evil practice, period.
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by IykeD1(m): 11:27pm On May 23, 2007

You right!
Since they (opposition) said there's something fishy about election, then that implies too in the states that they won!
Nigerians can take them serious if they'd relinquished the ones they won. I[b]s it that there were no flaws in places they won? Crap![/b]

Yes o, election is "rigged" in Nigeria when your party loses, that's the new definition from the Opposition.

May 29 will most likely resemble another election day - the streets will be empty. Those who are tempting
death will venture out on the streets to commit violent protests (I pray for them now so that they may do
otherwise and live).

@ebo

Are we expecting you to be walking about town (wherever it is you live in Nigeria) with a loaded AK-47 and
grenades so that the security agents will doff their hats for you like they do the dreaded Niger Delta militants?
From your tone, it appears you are itching for some action, just remember though that every dog has its day
and force may not always be the answer.

While we can't place a figure on the number of militants killed, I wouldn't necessary advise anyone to be caught
hanging out with them in the creek - it might just be your unlucky day. Also, I wouldn't necessary concede 100%
victory to the militants simply because OBJ (the military) chose or was coerced to pursue dialog rather than an
all out war in the Delta. God forbid, but you know if it comes to this, the villagers and the families of the militants
will be the ones paying the ultimate price.
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by nazzyon(m): 11:41pm On May 23, 2007
Don't be surprised if you see the Nigerian Bomb Squared, Army, Anti Riot police, Mobile Police even Navy and Airforce Patroling before the 29th.
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by thegame(m): 3:08am On May 24, 2007
The way i look at it,nothing is going to happen on that day.It's just gonna come and go and all we'll know is that obj is no longer on the throne.Let's all pray and hope it 's like that.OK Y'ALLLLLLLLLLLLL? wink
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by Rottweiler(m): 9:33am On May 24, 2007
The government had all the chance of averting this unfolding crisis. If only it had chosen the right man as the head of the electoral body. Someone who would not want his integrity tainted. If more than 60% of the population had experienced credible voting process, their voices would have drowned those of the aggrieved.
There are certain requirements stated in the electoral act before an election MUST take place. Were they met? Even the basic one of displaying voters registers before the election was not met! There is corruption of all sorts in high places. INEC claimed to have ordered for portable polling booths worth millions of Naira - how many of you saw the polling booths? I did not see a polling center in Rivers state, May the wrath of GOD come down all those preventing this nation from moving forward! May their family members share in their woes!
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by ebos(m): 9:56am On May 24, 2007
Are we expecting you to be walking about town (wherever it is you live in Nigeria) with a loaded AK-47 and
grenades so that the security agents will doff their hats for you like they do the dreaded Niger Delta militants?
From your tone, it appears you are itching for some action, just remember though that every dog has its day
and force may not always be the answer.

While we can't place a figure on the number of militants killed, I wouldn't necessary advise anyone to be caught
hanging out with them in the creek - it might just be your unlucky day. Also, I wouldn't necessary concede 100%
victory to the militants simply because OBJ (the military) chose or was coerced to pursue dialog rather than an
all out war in the Delta. God forbid, but you know if it comes to this, the villagers and the families of the militants
will be the ones paying the ultimate price.
[quote][/quote]

That is why we will continue to dream in Nigeria. What do you have to say about MASSOB - a non violent group that have lost a good number of their members because they resorted non-violent approach? If MASSOB is armed today, I tell you Nigerian soldiers will find it difficult to penetrate their positions not to talk of police who have been using 5 security men to raid Uwazurike' s house even when it is not necessary. You want to tell me all those calling for protest nationwide are itching for trouble. The churches and various groups? You are not in Nigeria, so u cannot be outside and know what is happening except what you read and it may be written by those on government paid list. Do you know many of our students had been killed in the past in the cause of peaceful demonstrations? Do you know they imposed people with questionable character on us and whant us to accept them? Do you think those who have sacrificed their lives for justice were fools? How do u think these so-called winners of elections whom their people have assessed and found wanting would deliver? How then, do you want Nigeria be a better place for our children if we fold our hands and refuses to reject wrong system? Do you know how many times they have arrested my brother for rising against injustice? We cannot tell him to stop fighting against injustice because of what he has been passing through. Which Obasanjo is pursuing dialogue in Niger Delta. He is busy acquirng weapons secretly to confront them. I'm not a man of violence but when you are pushed to the wall, you don't have to make a hole from there and pass through. You must force yourself back to where you were.
Re: May 29th The D-day? Will It Be Successful? by ebos(m): 9:59am On May 24, 2007
@IYKE-D and those that oppose the protest

That is why we will continue to dream in Nigeria. What do you have to say about MASSOB - a non violent group that have lost a good number of their members because they resorted non-violent approach? If MASSOB is armed today, I tell you Nigerian soldiers will find it difficult to penetrate their positions not to talk of police who have been using 5 security men to raid Uwazurike' s house even when it is not necessary. You want to tell me all those calling for protest nationwide are itching for trouble. The churches and various groups? You are not in Nigeria, so u cannot be outside and know what is happening except what you read and it may be written by those on government paid list. Do you know many of our students had been killed in the past in the cause of peaceful demonstrations? Do you know they imposed people with questionable character on us and whant us to accept them? Do you think those who have sacrificed their lives for justice were fools? How do u think these so-called winners of elections whom their people have assessed and found wanting would deliver? How then, do you want Nigeria be a better place for our children if we fold our hands and refuses to reject wrong system? Do you know how many times they have arrested my brother for rising against injustice? We cannot tell him to stop fighting against injustice because of what he has been passing through. Which Obasanjo is pursuing dialogue in Niger Delta. He is busy acquirng weapons secretly to confront them. I'm not a man of violence but when you are pushed to the wall, you don't have to make a hole from there and pass through. You must force yourself back to where you were.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shocker:Niger State Pdp Dumps Ibb / Ibibos Never Supported Biafra - Not Now, Not Ever - Akanimo Kingsley / President Obama Is ‘captivated’ By Buhari’s Speech At UN LEADERSHIP Summit. PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.