Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,867 members, 7,872,884 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 02:05 AM

Do You Regret Moving Abroad? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (41775 Views)

Passengers Sitting On Top Of A Moving Train (photos) / Do You Regret Living Abroad??? / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Go Down)

Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Ikedonn(m): 3:24pm On Nov 11, 2010
I did not regret moving abroad.I achieved what i desired to get in abroad and I have no regret for migrating.

Do you regret moving abroad ladies and gentlemen?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by iice(f): 3:44pm On Nov 11, 2010
No.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by oyewolejos(m): 6:08pm On Nov 11, 2010
Yes. I regret not shouting UP NEPA, i regret the fuel scarcity, i regret the Agbero, i regret not being robbed by Armed Robbers on the highway,i regret not having malaria cos of mosquito, i regret not being ruled by a leader who has an Oluwole Degree, i regret not being use as political thug during elections, I regret not going on strike everytime grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Rocktation(f): 11:59pm On Nov 11, 2010
Is this a trick question?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by mi2010: 6:22am On Nov 12, 2010
I will Never!!!! Never!!!! Never!!!! regret,
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 9:02am On Nov 12, 2010
I regret not moving early enough.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by kadman(m): 9:42am On Nov 12, 2010
justwise:

Ha Ha . . grin grin That's too funny.

At Poster - No I do no regret moving.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by usewisdom: 1:21pm On Nov 12, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by usewisdom: 1:22pm On Nov 12, 2010
YES, I REGRET THAT: a family man with six children living in one bedroom in ajegunle

I regret that a university graduate with 2.1 without a decent job for 6 years

I regret that a six year old selling pure water at ojota garage

I regret that a trader in mile 12 that is constantly been harrassed by council

I regret that a farmer in the village who can barerly feed survive even though he feeds the nation

I regret that a friend of mine who had to pay =N=60,000 to recover his stolen car from police

I regret that a teacher who has not received a salary in 5 months.

I regret receiving bills & tax that u never enjoy for a single day, blackout every day. PHCN via NEPA.

I finally regret that a banker stuck in the traffic in third mainland bridge on monday morning for over 4 hours.

EUROPE, HERE I AM. Never regret when i left 9ja 6yrs ago
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by omega25red(m): 2:45pm On Nov 12, 2010
i dont regret moving abroad. Since leaving i haven't been back to nigeria but from all the things i have read i can honestly say i have no regrets.
it's been over 16yrs and this is my life now if i were in nigeria and i wasn't thinking of leaving i probably will have no regret staying because that would be my life.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Ikedonn(m): 6:06pm On Nov 12, 2010
;d :d :d :d :d
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by spikedcylinder: 7:44pm On Nov 12, 2010
If you still refer to it as 'in abroad', you should be full of regret.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 7:45pm On Nov 12, 2010
kinda sorta
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 12, 2010
where is invisible . . . . doesn't he know about this thread ? grin , una don enta wahala for invisible hand just wait first
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by rubi(f): 7:50pm On Nov 12, 2010
justwise:

True talk.

You came at Gods appointed time
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by 9jauk: 7:52pm On Nov 12, 2010
9ja is not safe period.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 7:53pm On Nov 12, 2010
9jauk:

9ja is not safe period.
really ? and the UK is ?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by 9jauk: 7:55pm On Nov 12, 2010
9ja is not safe period.
the atmosphere is evil, total madness from the airport,i swear down.
I hope the new generation of politicians will make a huge impact:Eko oni, baje ju bayi lo!!!
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by orbaxy(m): 7:59pm On Nov 12, 2010
Its tricky for me cos I lived here in UAE though i missed home cos of my family. returned to Naija but couldnt stay cos of the way things are over there. I had to come back. I love this place but i missed seeing black people around me especially here in Abu Dhabi
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 8:00pm On Nov 12, 2010
rubi:

True talk.

[b]You came at Gods appointed time
[/b]I guess u are right, so let me stop complaining grin grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 8:01pm On Nov 12, 2010
9jauk:

9ja is not safe period.
the atmosphere is evil, total madness from the airport,i swear down.
I hope the new generation of politicians will make a huge impact:Eko oni,  baje ju bayi lo!!!
really ? http://www.examiner.com/women-s-sports-in-new-york/former-fordham-basketball-star-mobi-akiode-gives-back-to-native-nigeria
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by ayo84(m): 8:05pm On Nov 12, 2010
i guess nobody regrets living abroad,men face it, there are better pportunities abroad, but the money is easier to get here, if you have the connection,now thats the effing problem,everything in nigeria works by connection.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 8:08pm On Nov 12, 2010
i think a lot of you are confusing finance with security. if you live in america and you are broke and live in harvey illinois or dolton, or , fill in the gap, there is a huge chance for you to get robbed, killed, despoiled, vandalized, etc etc. same in peckham. same in nigeria.

i will post some pics but i have to ask for permission first from the owners. but the pics are of people in nigeria (ok maybe they have small money ) but their sorroundings looks like something out of a hollywood movie. maybe i may be coaxed to post one of the pictures before the discussion runs out. there is security and safety, the cars all look nice and clean, the people are all happy and relaxed, the roads are tarred, the houses look freshly painted etc etc. this is in lagos somewhere.
so if you have money in naija, you will get the same safety as you get abroad if you have money and likewise if you dont have, the same treatment. the only difference will be that you will be enjoying these benefits in a society that does not see you as a color but as a beautiful human being
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by BrosEh: 8:09pm On Nov 12, 2010
No, Its actually different strokes for different folks.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by bidemi12(m): 8:22pm On Nov 12, 2010
justwise:

Me too my brother. . . . . .
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 12, 2010
i dont regret moving because i got a great chance to build a successful career and so far so good!
Nigeria to me is in the past tense.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 8:32pm On Nov 12, 2010
i wouldnt lie though, i may never live in naija again but i will move somewhere in africa. buy a mansion and take monthly  flights to visit my peoples in naija. i am thinking capetown. maybe gambia ? maybe even ghana ? i gotta be in africa though. i am tired of seeing white face.  grin this is my plan.

capetown http://www.google.com/images?rlz=1C1SKPC_enUS333US333&q=capetown&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1400&bih=955
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by marcus1234: 8:36pm On Nov 12, 2010
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by hackney(m): 8:48pm On Nov 12, 2010
buzugee:

i wouldnt lie though, i may never live in naija again but i will move somewhere in africa. buy a mansion and take monthly flights to visit my peoples in naija. i am thinking capetown. maybe gambia ? maybe even ghana ? i gotta be in africa though. i am tired of seeing white face. grin this is my plan.

capetown http://www.google.com/images?rlz=1C1SKPC_enUS333US333&q=capetown&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1400&bih=955

Ur best bet is the gambia ; zero racism or mindless violence.
mellow, very affordable and safe.
Also very nice people.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 8:55pm On Nov 12, 2010
hackney:

your best bet is the gambia ; zero racism or mindless violence.
mellow, very affordable and safe.
Also very nice people.
i will look into the gambia. bros i am the only black man in my job and in my neighborhood. the thing is changing me. i am a totally different person from when i was in naija. i am now a honorary white man. when i was in naija i loved dark skinned women. i remember watching different world and the 2 who i was attracted to was kim reese (the pre-med student) and jaleesa (the one who was married and then returned to school). i never even looked at freddy and whitley. the best relationship i had in my life ? my girlfriend in naija ? she was as dark as the night. but now ? after my sojourn here ? i dont even find my black women attractive anymore. i only date white women now. i only find white women attractive lol. i think i have been conditioned  grin. well i think it is time for me to go look for me again. the real me before this whole westernized crap. thats why i need to retire to africa.  grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Nov 12, 2010
Of course I don't expect you guys to say you regret even though I know you really do.But we know the truth.We know all the horrible details. Why some of you may never come back because of shame.
Why do our rich and successful men prefer Nigeria if abroad were better. M.K.O Abiola worked for a multinational company yet preferred to stay in Nigeria till death. Dangote, Otedola and the rest are all around. Why is it?
You guys are all hustlers looking for the easy way out.Unfortunately, it turns out harder.
Come back home and stop being a third class citizen(the latinos are 2nd class) earning one-third of your mates pay simply because you are black.
There is no place like home.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 8:59pm On Nov 12, 2010
buzugee:

i will look into the gambia. bros i am the only black man in my job and in my neighborhood. the thing is changing me. i am a totally different person from when i was in naija[b]. i am now a honorary white man. when i was in naija i loved dark skinned women. i remember watching different world and the 2 who i was attracted to was kim reese (the pre-med student) and jaleesa (the one who was married and then returned to school). i never even looked at freddy and whitley. the best relationship i had in my life ? my girlfriend in naija ? she was as dark as the night. but now ? after my sojourn here ? i dont even find my black women attractive anymore. i only date white women now. i only find white women attractive lol. i think i have been conditioned grin. well i think it is time for me to go look for me again. the real me before this whole westernized crap. thats why i need to retire to africa. grin
[/b]

I'm sorry but i think u are shallow minded.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34)

All Seven Personnel Die In The Abuja Aircraft Crash - Airforce Confirms / Fatal Accident At Abuja Junction, Kaduna (Disturbing Photos) / 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.