Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,915 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:43 AM

Do You Regret Moving Abroad? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (41789 Views)

Passengers Sitting On Top Of A Moving Train (photos) / Do You Regret Living Abroad??? / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by kabukabu50(m): 1:19am On Nov 13, 2010
cap28:

here comes mr kabukabu blowing more of his fairy tales - havent you heard of the phrase "driving while black" in america ?  

Have you forgotten about that african american professor - Louis Gates who was arrested by a white police officer FOR ALLEGEDLY TRYING TO BREAK INTO HIS OWN HOME!!!! STOP BEING DELUSIONAL

I have heard of "driving while black", but I have never had a problem being harrassed by police, do you understand simple English?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by bidemi12(m): 1:20am On Nov 13, 2010
for all those clamouring for everybody to come back and for all those shouting that Naija is sweet, yes naija is sweet but for who. if you have a decent means of livelyhood (which is rare as Zap) yes it is sweet. if you like to get what you want by bribing your way into anything especialy if you have the cash yes it is sweet. if you want to evade and avoid taxes with impunity yes it is sweet. if you want the freedom to ignore sanitary rules and dump trash indescriminately yes it is sweet. if you have dollars to throw around yes it is sweet. if you want a gang of touts and area boys at your disposal yes it is sweet. if you want to commit murder and steal public funds without fear and be sure you will not be caught and convicted because you can bribe your way out of the judicial system yes it is sweet. if you want to be governor/senator and even president and have no moral scruples preventing you from rigging and assasinations yes it is sweet. but the question is for how long? when the sun sets is when the real nigeria begins. everyone develops shifty eyes wondering who is walking behind them. there is an increased pace in the way you walk; the prayer is to get home quickly before it gets too dark. and when you eventualy get home the barricade begins. nigerians have the most rigorous defence system known to man. even our fobs are not that good. Street gates, gates in front of the compound, gates in front of every door and behing every door. when a dog barks in the middle of the night prayers beging "please God let them not come here" My people i'd rather stay where i am and have peace of mind all day than have a sweet day and nightmares all night.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by dayokanu(m): 1:21am On Nov 13, 2010
cap28:

please don't start !!! since when did tribalism equate to racism?  you people have come again with this nonsense!!

no igbo, yoruba or itsekiri  man is treated shabbily when he is in abuja, kano or kaduna  - you better get it right okay

what we have in nigeria is a group of elites who are predominantly from the north who have hijacked the resources of nigeria for their own personal means that is not the same thing as an entire system which has been set up to destroy an entire race of people. please get your analysis and facts right!!!!

trying to differentiate between tribalism and racism would achieve what exactly?  

So you consider a qualified Chima denied a Job in Lagos and Abuja to favour Audu who is less qualified better than the Eze who was discriminated against in Idaho or Lancashire?

The Igbo woman lynched in Zamfara by fellow blacks would prefer to be in America or canada among white skinned people who call her Nigger.

Kano? Wasnt it in Kano that Southerners are killed in droves for being Southerners?

Have you forgotten Isioma Daniel that had a Fatwa declared on her in Nigeria by fellow black people? Where did she run to? White men country.

Or the Woman that was to be stoned to death by her fellow black men that was saved by some White Italian missionaries?

The number of Nigerians esp Igbos  killed in kano and kaduna in the last 10yrs would outnumber those killed in hate crimes all over the world combined together.

Isnt it a known fact that in Govt offices either lagos Abuja or Kaduna if you dont speak Hausa, Your chances of climbing the ladder is very slim?

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by spoilt(f): 1:21am On Nov 13, 2010
If you still refer to it as 'in abroad', you should be full of regret.

@ Spikecylinder

Thanks for a good laugh. I honestly cannot stop laughing.  grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by kabukabu50(m): 1:23am On Nov 13, 2010
dayokanu:

trying to differentiate between tribalism and racism would achieve what exactly?

So you consider a qualified Chima denied a Job in Lagos and Abuja to favour Audu who is less qualified better than the Eze who was discriminated against in Idaho or Lancashire?

The Igbo woman lynched in Zamfara by fellow blacks would prefer to be in America or canada among white skinned people who call her Nigger.

Kano? Wasnt it in Kano that Southerners are killed in droves for being Southerners?

Have you forgotten Isioma Daniel that had a Fatwa declared on her in Nigeria by fellow black people? Where did she run to? White men country.

Or the Woman that was to be stoned to death by her fellow black men that was saved by some White Italian missionaries?

The number of Nigerians esp Igbos killed in kano and kaduna in the last 10yrs would outnumber those killed in hate crimes all over the world combined together.

Isnt it a known fact that in Govt offices either lagos Abuja or Kaduna if you dont speak Hausa, Your chances of climbing the ladder is very slim?

Well said

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 1:24am On Nov 13, 2010
justwise:

Honestly i don't know what some of you smoke, Do you know anything about Nigeria system at all?
yes i do. police in naija only want bribe. they dont mess with you like that. they even coyly let you know that they want money. they only start messing with you if you dont look powerful and yet you dey do shakara but throughout all the wahala, you have this inner confidence that you can diffuse the situation if you pull out money. american white popo on the other hand ? you are completely at their mercy. whatever they want to happen to you will happen to you. if they want you locked up because they cant stand the sight of your black azzzzz, they will always come up with something. at worst they will give you a ticket for something. lil crack in your windshield, some light is not working well, your window is tinted etc etc. they know how to find something. it is their job to play the public. they are the predators and we are the prey
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by dayokanu(m): 1:28am On Nov 13, 2010
cap28:

here comes mr kabukabu blowing more of his fairy tales - havent you heard of the phrase "driving while black" in america ?  

Have you forgotten about that african american professor - Louis Gates who was arrested by a white police officer FOR ALLEGEDLY TRYING TO BREAK INTO HIS OWN HOME!!!! STOP BEING DELUSIONAL

Dont be ridiculous here.

A man in front of a house trying to break in would attract attention whether he is black white or Green.  

I have been stopped once by Police in Wilmer Texas and I was doing 80 on 60 in a construction zone. I guess I should blame the rascist white cop for pulling me over while I was clearly breaking the Law
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 1:29am On Nov 13, 2010
buzugee:

yes i do. police in naija only want bribe. they dont mess with you like that. they even coyly let you know that they want money. they only start messing with you if you dont look powerful and yet you dey do shakara but throughout all the wahala, you have this inner confidence that you can defuse the situation if you pull out money. american white popo on the other hand ? you are completely at their mercy. whatever they want to happen to you will happen to you. if they want you locked up because they cant stand the sight of your black azzzzz, they will always come up with something. at worst they will give you a ticket for something. lil crack in your windshield, some light is not working well, your window is tinted etc etc. they know how to find something. it is their job to play the public. they are the predators and we are the prey

So why then did u refused to move to Nigeria and prefer cape town or Gambia?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by cap28: 1:29am On Nov 13, 2010
kabukabu50:

I have heard of "driving while black", but I have never had a problem being harrassed by police, do you understand simple English?

Yes i do understand simple english and i can tell you this - there is such a thing in america as racial profiling whereby black male drivers are stopped and searched at a rate which is disproportionate when equated to the whites who make up the majority of people in that country.  Just because you are yet to experience harrsassment at the hands of racist white police officers doesnt mean that your time will not come.  If an african american college professor could be treated like dirt and called a banana eating monkey by an ignorant red neck ku kux klan affiliated police officer what makes you think that you will be accorded special treatment?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 1:31am On Nov 13, 2010
justwise:

So why then did u refused to move to Nigeria and prefer cape town or Gambia?
the only reason is because of the population density. its just way too many people in a little space. what is it ? 20 million people in lagos ? that will drive me crazy
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by kabukabu50(m): 1:31am On Nov 13, 2010
buzugee:

yes i do. police in naija only want bribe. they dont mess with you like that. they even coyly let you know that they want money. they only start messing with you if you dont look powerful and yet you dey do shakara but throughout all the wahala, you have this inner confidence that you can diffuse the situation if you pull out money. american white popo on the other hand ? you are completely at their mercy. whatever they want to happen to you will happen to you. if they want you locked up because they cant stand the sight of your black azzzzz, they will always come up with something. at worst they will give you a ticket for something. lil crack in your windshield, some light is not working well, your window is tinted etc etc. they know how to find something. it is their job to play the public. they are the predators and we are the prey

Nobody goes to jail in the US for tinted windows/broken tailight, its not even a misdemeanour, you just get a fix it ticket in your mail, Damn this dude is retarded. cool cool

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by kabukabu50(m): 1:34am On Nov 13, 2010
cap28:

Yes i do understand simple english and i can tell you this - there is such a thing in america as racial profiling whereby black male drivers are stopped and searched at a rate which is disproportionate when equated to the whites who make up the majority of people in that country. Just because you are yet to experience harrsassment at the hands of racist white police officers doesnt mean that your time will not come. If an african american college professor could be treated like dirt and called a banana eating monkey by an ignorant red neck ku kux klan affiliated police officer what makes you think that you will be accorded special treatment?

When my time comes.but till then no problems so far on my part, and I don't see it happening in the future.just be a good citizen and keep the attitude at home.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 1:35am On Nov 13, 2010
buzugee:

the only reason is because of the population density. its just way too many people in a little space. what is it ? 20 million people in lagos ? that will drive me crazy

Why not move to Kano, Jos or Imo? Not part of Nigeria?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by dayokanu(m): 1:38am On Nov 13, 2010
We have racial profiling abroad and we have tribal profiling at home.

I know a lot of Yorubas in the North who had to adopt Hausa sounding names just to get admission into ABU or get govt work in Abuja

So what gives? Unless you want to convince us one is deadlier than the other
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 1:40am On Nov 13, 2010
kabukabu50:

Nobody goes to jail in the US for tinted windows/broken tailight, its not even a misdemeanour, you just get a fix it ticket in your mail, Damn this dude is retarded. cool cool
i see this fool got tumbleweed between his ears. i did not say you go to jail for that. read what i wrote. i said if they want you to go to jail for something, they can make it happen. they can plant drugs in your car or they can say you are being rude to a police officer etc etc, happens all the time. they come up with a reason if they hate you that much. once a white police officer pulls you over, the only way to get off unscathed is to turn to a black slave again

open all your 32 teeth, while smiling hard and putting on your most polite voice * hello officer how are you doing today*

officer, *ignores you and asks do you know why i stopped you*  then you assume the slave position again * smile and put on your most polite voice * ermmm no sir but i am very sorry if i was doing anything wrong* bla bla bla bla. dehumanizing routine. at least in naija, you can still talk like a real man to the popo without fearing that you will be looked on as being insubordinate.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by cap28: 1:40am On Nov 13, 2010
dayokanu:

The number of Nigerians esp Igbos  killed in kano and kaduna in the last 10yrs would outnumber those killed in hate crimes all over the world combined together.

I see the resident house negroes on nairaland are reporting for duty - una don try oh!

First of all why dont you try reading up on your country's history and then you will realise that nigeria is not supposed to be one country hence the reason for the discrimination, come to europe and see how the english look down on the scots and irish, people who they conquered and dominated for years.  Try going to europe and see what the germans think of the slavs from eastern europe - a people they tried to annihilate during the second world war.  A people they beleived were sub human and deserving of complete annihilation.

Do you think its only in nigeria that you have inter ethnic rivalry, in your brainwashed state you have convinced yourself that it is only the black man that quarrels with his neighbour - how dumb of you!

Your post is so full of junk i dont know where to start - at least Chima who was denied a job in Lagos can still feel like a human being, at least he is not told by a hausa man that his level of intelligence is below that of a hausa man, are you aware of what blacks in america went through under Jim Crow?  are you aware that they were told that they were inferior, and unfit to participate in mainstream (white society)  

I am sick to my stomach of trying to explain the differences between racism and tribalism to people like you.

You have been conditioned to accept that you are inferior to the white man and therefore you jump to defend him and fight battles on his behalf at every turn - people like you remain the major stumbling block for progress of our people.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by marian1000: 1:40am On Nov 13, 2010
Hi Love,
I am a beautiful young and charming girl looking for real love and protection,  I have gone through your profile  and am very happy to contact you for us to know ourselves.
You know that distance, age and indeed color cannot stop true love. So darling, I would appreciate if you  send  Email to my private Email box: ( marian.maian39@yahoo.com ) So that i can send my pictures and more information about my self to you.
I wait for your positive reply,
Yours in love
Marian.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 1:43am On Nov 13, 2010
justwise:

Why not move to Kano, Jos or Imo? Not part of Nigeria?
kano or jos ? i am a christian. makes no sense moving to the muslim part of the country grin those guys are fiercely traditional while i am not.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by marian1000: 1:43am On Nov 13, 2010
Hi Love,
I am a beautiful young and charming girl looking for real love and protection, I have gone through your profile and am very happy to contact you for us to know ourselves.
You know that distance, age and indeed color cannot stop true love. So darling, I would appreciate if you send Email to my private Email box: ( marian.maian39@yahoo.com ) So that i can send my pictures and more information about my self to you.
Yours in love
Marian.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by cap28: 1:43am On Nov 13, 2010
marian1000:

Hi Love,
I am a beautiful young and charming girl looking for real love and protection,  I have gone through your profile  and am very happy to contact you for us to know ourselves.
You know that distance, age and indeed color cannot stop true love. So darling, I would appreciate if you  send  Email to my private Email box: ( marian.maian39@yahoo.com ) So that i can send my pictures and more information about my self to you.
Yours in love
Marian.

please go away, nobody is interested in your scamming arse
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by kabukabu50(m): 1:47am On Nov 13, 2010
buzugee:

i see this fool got tumbleweed between his ears. i did not say you go to jail for that. read what i wrote. i said if they want you to go to jail for something, they can make it happen. they can plant drugs in your car or they can say you are being rude to a police officer etc etc, happens all the time. they come up with a reason if they hate you that much. once a white police officer pulls you over, the only way to get off unscathed is to turn to a black slave again

open all your 32 teeth, while smiling hard and putting on your most polite voice * hello officer how are you doing today*

officer, *ignores you and asks do you know why i stopped you*  then you assume the slave position again * smile and put on your most polite voice * ermmm no sir but i am very sorry if i was doing anything wrong* bla bla bla bla. dehumanizing routine. at least in naija, you can still talk like a real man to the popo without fearing that you will be looked on as being insubordinate.

Nigerian policemen can easily plant drugs/contraband on you, and it happens every day in nigeria grin grin grin

They can also put you in jail and if you are not fortunate enough to "know" anyone or bribe them, you will roast in jail
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by justwise(m): 1:47am On Nov 13, 2010
buzugee:

kano or jos ? i am a christian. makes no sense moving to the muslim part of the country grin those guys are fiercely traditional while i am not.

As a patriotic Nigerian, who goes through hard time in white man country, u should be able to move to any city in Nigeria and live happily ever
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 1:49am On Nov 13, 2010
kabukabu50:

Nigerian policemen can easily plant drugs/contraband on you, and it happens every day in nigeria grin grin grin
really ? owning drugs is an offense in nigeria ?? grin grin grin lyin azz. people smoke weed on the streets in naija. nobody cares. you can have human head in your car in nigeria and the police will not care. dunno why you making stuff up grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by dayokanu(m): 1:50am On Nov 13, 2010
cap28:

I see the resident house negroes on nairaland are reporting for duty - una don try oh!
First of all why dont you try reading up on your country's history and then you will realise that nigeria is not supposed to be one country hence the reason for the discrimination, come to europe and see how the english look down on the scots and irish, people who they conquered and dominated for years.  Try going to europe and see what the germans think of the slavs from eastern europe - a people they tried to annihilate during the second world war.  A people they beleived were sub human and deserving of complete annihilation.

Nigeria is not supposed to be one country bla bla bla. Are we not all the same black skinned people?

Do you think its only in nigeria that you have inter ethnic rivalry, in your brainwashed state you have convinced yourself that it is only the black man that quarrels with his neighbour - how dumb of you!

But we choose to single out a white skinned man as the cause of our problems when we do far worse things to one another.

Your post is so full of junk i dont know where to start - at least Chima who was denied a job in Lagos can still feel like a human being, at least he is not told by a hausa man that his level of intelligence is below that of a hausa man,

Its obvious you are ignorant of happenings in Nigeria. How many times have Hausas been pointedly told to their face that they are intellectually inferior to Yorubas or Igbos? Are they under Jim Crow too.

How does Chima feel human when he has all the qualifications yet in his country he was pointedly told if he cant speak Hausa, Nothing for him

are you aware of what blacks in america went through under Jim Crow?  are you aware that they were told that they were inferior, and unfit to participate in mainstream (white society)  

Are you aware that Hausas are told daily in Nigeria that they are intellectually inferior to Southerners?

You have been conditioned to accept that you are inferior to the white man and therefore you jump to defend him and fight battles on his behalf at every turn - people like you remain the major stumbling block for progress of our people.

Ask yourself who is having the complex, A man who looks inward for solutions or someone who chooses to blame White people for me having 20 babies I cant take care of.

Were you not the one who claimed Planned Parenthood is a way of reducing black population? How dumb can one get. Someone told you, That have the number of kids you can cater for yet In your warped mind you choose to believe he wants to reduce your population,

How are you different from the People who believe Polio vaccination is a way to make Hausa men infertile?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by dayokanu(m): 1:51am On Nov 13, 2010
buzugee:

I thought white skinned people are your problems since those in Kano are Black skinned you should be safe
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 1:54am On Nov 13, 2010
justwise:

As a patriotic Nigerian, who goes through hard time in white man country, u should be able to move to any city in Nigeria and live happily ever
i never said i was having a hard time. dunno where you got that from. i only said that i need to be in an african country in the future. somewhere close to nigeria so that i have easy access in and out of my country. i dont care where i am so long as it is in africa (excluding the arab parts of africa ).
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 1:55am On Nov 13, 2010
buzugee:

i will look into the gambia. bros i am the only black man in my job and in my neighborhood. the thing is changing me. i am a totally different person from when i was in naija. i am now a honorary white man. when i was in naija i loved dark skinned women. i remember watching different world and the 2 who i was attracted to was kim reese (the pre-med student) and jaleesa (the one who was married and then returned to school). i never even looked at freddy and whitley. the best relationship i had in my life ? my girlfriend in naija ? she was as dark as the night. but now ? after my sojourn here ? i dont even find my black women attractive anymore. i only date white women now. i only find white women attractive lol. i think i have been conditioned  grin. well i think it is time for me to go look for me again. the real me before this whole westernized crap. thats why i need to retire to africa.  grin

blasted black face.  tongue be VERY ashamed of yourself!
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by cap28: 1:55am On Nov 13, 2010
buzugee:

officer, *ignores you and asks do you know why i stopped you*  then you assume the slave position again * smile and put on your most polite voice * ermmm no sir but i am very sorry if i was doing anything wrong* bla bla bla bla. dehumanizing routine. at least in naija, you can still talk like a real man to the popo without fearing that you will be looked on as being insubordinate.

exactly bros - you described it right down to a tee, that is exactly how dayokanu and kabukabu have been surviving in the US and then they come on here talking crap as if we dont know how they get through life as black men in Amerikkka, guys please stop fronting, we know the score, most nigerians kiss arse big time in order to get through the day as a black man in america.  Lets face it if the president of the US Barack Obama is catching hell on account of the fact that he has black blood running through his veins what say you an ordinary faceless black man in white supremacist amerikkka?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by marian1000: 1:56am On Nov 13, 2010
Hi Love,
I am a beautiful young and charming girl looking for real love and protection, I have gone through your profile and am very happy to contact you for us to know ourselves.
You know that distance, age and indeed color cannot stop true love. So darling, I would appreciate if you send Email to my private Email box: ( marian.maian39@yahoo.com ) So that i can send my pictures and more information about my self to you.
Yours in love
Marian.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by marian1000: 1:56am On Nov 13, 2010
Hi Love,
Yours in love
Marian.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 1:58am On Nov 13, 2010
dayokanu:

I thought white skinned people are your problems since those in Kano are Black skinned you should be safe
white skinned people are not my problem. i just need to be closer to my culture for a sense of 'belonging'  i dont think it will do my mental health any good if i am the outsider for the rest of my natural life on earth. i need to be close to my own so that my soul can breath again. people in kano ? i do not consider my own. see for me it is a cultural affiliation not a national affiliation.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by kabukabu50(m): 2:00am On Nov 13, 2010
buzugee:

really ? owning drugs is an offense in nigeria ?? grin grin grin lyin azz. people smoke weed on the streets in naija. nobody cares. you can have human head in your car in nigeria and the police will not care. dunno why you making stuff up grin

Police ask you for ordinary receipt when you carry electronics in naija, not to talk of human head, Lol pls this is too funny

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34)

Fatal Accident At Abuja Junction, Kaduna (Disturbing Photos) / Abandoned Ogurugu Airport & Sea Jetty: Tales Of Igbo Nsukka (Photos) / 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 245
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.