Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,759 members, 7,875,912 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:34 AM

Do You Regret Moving Abroad? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (41788 Views)

Passengers Sitting On Top Of A Moving Train (photos) / Do You Regret Living Abroad??? / Do You Regret Moving Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (34) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by dayokanu(m): 3:50am On Nov 13, 2010
This was what I read about Sean Bell

The New York Post reported that, according to an unnamed undercover officer, Guzman had an argument inside the club with a woman and threatened to get a gun. One of Bell's friends was heard to say "yo, get my gun" as they left the scene.[9] Fearing a shooting might occur, African American plain-clothed officer Gescard Isnora followed the men to their car while alerting his backup team, prompting the team to confront Bell and his companions before they could leave the scene.[9] Isnora "held out his badge (by his account), identified himself as a police officer, and ordered the driver to stop.".[10] Instead, Bell accelerated the car and hit Isnora, then hit an unmarked police minivan.[2] By all accounts, Gescard Isnora thought he saw Guzman reach for a gun while in the car, yelled "gun" to other police at the scene, and opened fire on the car. The other officers and detectives joined him in shooting at the car, firing 50 bullets in a few seconds.
A toxicology report showed that Bell was legally intoxicated at the time of the shooting. An attorney for the Bell family said in response to the report, "No matter what his blood-alcohol level was, he's a victim

Now tell me something.

A Black man was the policeman, They heard Bells buddy shout to go get the gun, Bell acelerated the car and HIT the Black cop, Report shows that Bell was drunk.

With this background now make your point.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by dayokanu(m): 3:54am On Nov 13, 2010
sage:

grin grin grin grin

Cry cry baby. In America Rodney took home millions. In Naija u see that picture? Na like chicken police go kill you no repercusion. You dey complain about police. Police don do me everything wey police fit do me for Naija

I love the police in America. grin grin grin

Dayo abeg show mumu like Cap wetin dey happen to Igbo person wey dey wrong area of north when ethnic riot starts. The guy no dey remember again.  cheesy

Sage I have always maintained that people should stay in contact with happenings in Nigeria. The incident I posted happened in my area in Lagos and my brother gave me the detailed account,

The driver was killed for refusing to give N50.

In 2002, A family friend, A student of UNILAG was shot at Falomo and killed on his way to the club by cops demanding N20 for driving at night.

Now estimate the number of unrecorded events that happen daily in Nigeria especially in the interior
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 3:57am On Nov 13, 2010
dayokanu:

This was what I read about Sean Bell

Now tell me something.

A Black man was the policeman, They heard Bells buddy shout to go get the gun, Bell acelerated the car and HIT the Black cop, Report shows that Bell was drunk.

With this background now make your point.
and you fell for it all ? police are covering each others butt and you are fallin hook line and sinker ? you think thry would come out and admit that they messed up ? did you not find it peculiar how they threw in their that a black police officer was involved ? like say if the public hears that a black cop was their, they might not think that it was a racial incident, come on now, i know you are smarter than falling for the cover up
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by dayokanu(m): 4:02am On Nov 13, 2010
That was on wikipedia which could be edited by anyone even common people like you and me.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 4:03am On Nov 13, 2010
according to buzugee or whatever all nigerians in america live in IL,you are a total donkey
Denver,mile high city,biz owner, and dont regret leaving naija,infact,wished i had left earlier so that all the salary wey my boss den still dey owe me for no accumulate
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 4:04am On Nov 13, 2010
dayokanu:

That was on wikipedia which could be edited by anyone even common people like you and me.
exactly. not a credible source of information. the people at the scene of the incident said something different
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 4:07am On Nov 13, 2010
milehigh06:

according to buzugee or whatever all nigerians in america live in IL,you are a total donkey
Denver,mile high city,biz owner, and dont regret leaving naija,infact,wished i had left earlier so that all the salary wey my boss den still dey owe me for no accumulate
grin grin grin denver ? one of the highest crime ridden areas in america ? more power to you bruh. and driving cab does not mean you are a business owner

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090827221646AAtBXgY
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 4:13am On Nov 13, 2010
what!!!! ignorance at its highest order,denver,one of the highest crime rates in america,shows your total lack of knowledge,
do some reading and enlighten your dumb self
http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/2009/CityCrime2009_Rank_Rev.pdf
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 4:15am On Nov 13, 2010
buzu,i dont drive a cab
look at my sig and see my coy,search on face book and see the kind of people on there.
in naija,i drank garri tire,here,i eat whatever i like not bragging but God/Allah has been really good but when dumb igoramus like you come on here after reading the sun and yahoo you think that is all you know.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 4:15am On Nov 13, 2010
milehigh06:

what!!!! ignorance at its highest order,denver,one of the highest crime rates in america,shows your total lack of knowledge,
do some reading and enlighten your dumb self
http://os.cqpress.com/citycrime/2009/CityCrime2009_Rank_Rev.pdf
denver is a slum. thats why carmelo anthony is tryna get out of that slum. enjoy your slum bruh  grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 4:19am On Nov 13, 2010
and your signature dont tell me nothing but that you own your own taxicab medallion. congrats bruh. now you dont have to pay to lease the cab grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 4:19am On Nov 13, 2010
and if you want to go on a quote yahoo,got more for you
http://www.city-data.com/forum/denver/14426-how-crime-there.html
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 4:23am On Nov 13, 2010
fool
i deal in computers,i repair em,sell em,fix em and do whatever with em,networking and co,what has that got to do with taxi,for your info,most cab drivers here are from sudan,somalia and ethopia,you hardly see nigerians not to talk of dem driving cabs,some are sec men but most I KNOW have good jobs or own their biz,get off your laptop wey connection go soon end and see the world,there's more to that than you being bitter at other people's good fortune,and to paint you with a wide brush,if u are in naija and up at this time,I guewss you must be a yahoo yahoo boy
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 4:26am On Nov 13, 2010
milehigh06:

fool
i deal in computers,i repair em,sell em,fix em and do whatever with em,networking and co,what has that got to do with taxi,for your info,most cab drivers here are from sudan,somalia and ethopia,you hardly see nigerians not to talk of dem driving cabs,some are sec men but most I KNOW have good jobs or own their biz,get off your laptop wey connection go soon end and see the world,there's more to that than you being bitter at other people's good fortune,and to paint you with a wide brush,if u are in naija and up at this time,I guewss you must be a yahoo yahoo boy
grin grin more grease to your elbows bruh. high roller shot caller. bitter ? i aint. i am bored at home alone
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 4:28am On Nov 13, 2010
by the way ? in that link you posted ? it says that denver is a high crime city. so you shouldnt have posted that link. kinda proved my point
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by angrynaija: 4:30am On Nov 13, 2010
this is probably a touchy subject for some. let's face it, most nigerians or africans who migrate to these seemingly better countries are treated like second-class people. they have no good employment save for performing menial jobs like cleaning of toilets, driving taxis, bagging groceries at the supermarket, stocking supermarket shelves, washing dishes at restaurants, etc, etc. , and they are so happy to do these jobs with their master's and phd degrees. yes, you know who you are on this forum or someone to whom this applies. with our despicable lower-class status in another person's land, we are so eager to go back home every once in a while and pretend to be better than those who never migrated, yet cleaning of that toilet awaits us once our visit home comes to an end.  
yes, i'm sure lots of people have regrets.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Ivynwa(f): 4:34am On Nov 13, 2010
190 said

Ive been living in the UK for the past 19 years and ive never for once regretted moving abroad
Ive even forgotten what country i came from, some people said Ghana, others said Morocco
while others said Djibouti, Me thinks im Nigerian, someone please remind me!!Bsids that i heard Peckham is lagos in the uk
you see yoruba women washing their kids nyash in public inside winter,
WAHALA, anyway Nigeria is really a confused state!!

Abeg make una give me small space make I enjoy evening- laughter Ojare, 190 na Omo Scatter. If him enter where people dey dance, the Ogbo go scatter. Abeg someone help remind my darling 190 that he is Nigerian before his swollen head go come crashing down. 19 years? Is it not the same 190 that travelled to Obodo oyibo 2 weeks ago, Anyway I am not angry with you, instead I am loving you and your mischieviousness more, abeg we no wan lose your kind to Obodo Oyibo, thank God you can still peep into NL from there and still make me laugh.

@all of una wey cosy up comfortable, comfortable for Obodo Oyibo dey wave and smile at us while we are suffering and smiling
Make una begin to think of how to give back to your society, I am very impressed with that young basketballer earlier mentioned that has a great project that is reaching out to teenagers here in Nigeria. Please look around your Nigerian neighbourhood and see a youth that needs to be encouraged financially and otherwise to be the best they can be.
Staying here in this post and waving at us all and singing us "It is well with my soul" will only make every young person that reads the thread to desire to run away too and when we all run out of Naija who go build our country for us. There are lots that you guys abroad can help straighten up and I am very concerned about that, let all begin to think of giving back even if it means  forming a "project group" here in Nairaland by some of you that are comfortable financially, say a project that can sow into the lives of young Nigerian men and get them off "scamming" and into international and local business, give them great skills that can make tommorrow better for them so that they can stop daydreaming of cutie cars and houses(which tempts them into scamming in the first place) each time some of you returns looking cutie cutie (and some even shamelessly do Inyanga for us and have some people falling down , worshipping them and making themselves their self appointed drivers overnight. All because they came back loaded from Obodo Oyibo-----Is that not among the roots of our problems?). Home is home people!

buzugee:

denver is a slum. thats why carmelo anthony is tryna get out of that slum. enjoy your slum bruh  grin

buzugee:

and your signature dont tell me nothing but that you own your own taxicab medallion. congrats bruh. now you dont have to pay to lease the cab grin

Now Buzugee Sweetie (don't you use to be my one time paddy?), quit acting like some spoilt child before you get mocked for the second time. How can you talk down on your fellow Naija man that is seriously working hard out there. Abi You be Ajebutter? Then quit making us think that you are one.
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 4:40am On Nov 13, 2010
based on crime ratres,I have stayed in 4 cities in the states,of all,denver has been best for me so far,do not get me wrong,vrime happens everywhere,rem back in naija(Abule-oja,grew up there) when robbers came to do street raiding(b4 gates started coming up)my mama piss for body infront of me(that image still stays with me) all because some stupid boys need money,its painful to this day,building a house somewhere in lagos and infact e don tire me,i don pay owo le so tay i don become ile
back tpo yan,stayed in ny.galveston(tx)indiana and now denver,you cant compare all those cities to denver and when you talk of crime in this city it is restricted to a specific area(old denver)the newer areas no get that kind problem(google up stapleton and see what i mean) but u defo cant compare denver to IL,tx,ny chi town or atl.police never stop me once,never get robbery incident or crime commited against me apart from when one stupid oyibo girl go report me to animal people sey i no dey treat my dog like pickin(wow)that na the only thing wey i hate about here(a seeming love for animals more than human) but at the sam,e time i will take that over any other madness
and i am not a high roller,i no dey claim wetin i no be because God go vex for me
but i miss my home simply cos its my home,na their my bones dey but regret leaving,nah! most of the people wey i leave na so so money dem dey ask for(friends) not trying to put them down but if e dey as good as some people here dey claim,dem go dey free me every now and den
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 4:42am On Nov 13, 2010
and besides,not one to put down on my country cos i would rather live there than anywhere else if economic and some other areas are right but at the same time trying to give back but na wahala,make i no go into details of wetin i dey go thru now cos i wan bring solar energy to my village(so so warning and some other things)
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 4:43am On Nov 13, 2010
Ivynwa:

190 said
Abeg make una give me small space make I enjoy evening- laughter Ojare, 190 na Omo Scatter. If him enter where people dey dance, the Ogbo go scatter. Abeg someone help remind my darling 190 that he is Nigeria before his swollen head go come crashing down. 19 years? Is it not the same 190 that travelled to Obodo oyibo 2 weeks ago, Anyway I am not angry with you, instead I am loving you and your mischiefs more, abeg we no wan lose your kind to Obodo Oyibo, thank God you can still peep into NL from there and still make me laugh.

@all of una wey cosy up comfortable, comfortable for Obodo Oyibo dey wave and smile at us while we are suffering and smiling
Make una begin to think of how to give back to your society, I am very impressed with that young basketballer earlier mentioned that has a great project that is reaching out to teenagers here in Nigeria. Please look around your Nigerian neighbourhood and see a youth that needs to be encouraged financially and otherwise to be the best they can be.
Staying here in this post and waving at us all and singing us "It is well with my soul" will only make every young person that reads the thread to desire to run away too and when we all run out of Naija who go build our country for us. There are a lot you guys abroad can help straighten up and I am very concerned about that, let all begin to think of giving back even if it means  forming a "project group" here in Nairaland by some of you that are comfortable financially, say a project that can sow into the lives of young Nigerian men and get them off "scamming" and into international and local business, give them great skills that can make tommorrow better for them so that they can stop daydreaming of cutie cars and houses(which tempts them into scamming in the first place) each time some of you returns looking cutie cutie (and some even shamelessly do Inyanga for us and have some people falling down , worshipping them and making some people their self appointed drivers overnight. All because they came back loaded from Obodo Oyibo-----Is that not among the roots of our problems?). Home is home people!

Now Buzugee Sweetie (don't you use to be my one time paddy?), quit acting like some spoilt child before you get mocked for the second time. How can you talk down on your fellow Naija man that is seriously working hard out there. Abi You be Ajebutter? Then quit making us think that you are one.
grin na joke i dey joke with milehigh now. he started off by calling me a donkey so i throw some yabbiz his way too. tiit for tat now  grin how are ya gurl ? yup we are definitely padis now ;Dand milehigh you know i was joking right ?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 4:45am On Nov 13, 2010
buzugee:

grin na joke i dey joke with milehigh now. he started off by calling me a donkey so i throw some yabbiz his way too. bosom for tat now grin how are ya gurl ? and milehigh you know i was joking right ?
omo no mind me,i dey play fifa 11 ultimate team online and all these oyibo boys just dey do ojoro against my nigerian boys e dey pain me no be small,u dey yan like say u no know beer parlour yans,isi ewu
u ever go abe igi for moore road?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 4:46am On Nov 13, 2010
and d funny thing be say i fit know u o
where u dey stay
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Ivynwa(f): 4:49am On Nov 13, 2010
buzugee:

grin na joke i dey joke with milehigh now. he started off by calling me a donkey so i throw some yabbiz his way too. tiit for tat now  grin how are ya gurl ? yup we are definitely padis now ;Dand milehigh you know i was joking right ?
Okay Baby, do your thing.
One love!
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by Nobody: 4:51am On Nov 13, 2010
buzu i know u joking,thats why i come on NL,i dey miss those kine yans,u yan am with person here dem fit sue u
lol were people
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 4:53am On Nov 13, 2010
milehigh06:

omo no mind me,i dey play fifa 11 ultimate team online and all these oyibo boys just dey do ojoro against my nigerian boys e dey pain me no be small,u dey yan like say u no know beer parlour yans,isi ewu
u ever go abe igi for moore road?
hehe oyinbos dey cheat you ? na their nature be that o jare.  grin i sabi beer parlor yans now. abe igi for UI ?
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 4:54am On Nov 13, 2010
milehigh06:

and d funny thing be say i fit know u o
where u dey stay
Yup its very possible. its a small world. i am in chicago sha. the home of the most corrupt popos in america grin
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by sulad82i(m): 4:55am On Nov 13, 2010
no regret in any way.

I left 9ja in 2004 and was about to start sch summer of 2005. I requested my transcript from LASPOTECH and decided to start taking some class before the transcript arrive. Well, its a story I do not regret the action I took.
I had to start all over in anticipation of the transcript which never came. Now a graduate while still waiting for the transcript. This is one of many stories on my side alone.

NO, I NO REGRET LEAVING 9JA AT ALL
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 4:58am On Nov 13, 2010
milehigh06:

buzu i know u joking,thats why i come on NL,i dey miss those kine yans,u yan am with person here dem fit sue u
lol were people
hehe you know i come on here to re-connect with nigerians too. my world is so devoid of naijas that i come on here to re-connect with my brothers and sisters. ya dig. with oyinbo you cannot let your hair down fully as everything for them na charade. you gotta put on airs and dramatize. they love that. if you come at them like correct naija man, dem go sue you as you talk grin grin grin me i plan on staying jail free in america. their jail aint no joke
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by buzugee(m): 5:02am On Nov 13, 2010
Ivynwa:

Okay Baby, do your thing.
One love!
no doubt hun. make i dip out o jare. i have been here like most of the day. i go hail una 2 moz sha. was fun kicking it with yall. one love and mucho mucho respek
Re: Do You Regret Moving Abroad? by sulad82i(m): 5:08am On Nov 13, 2010
angrynaija:

this is probably a touchy subject for some. let's face it, most nigerians or africans who migrate to these seemingly better countries are treated like second-class people. they have no good employment save for performing menial jobs like cleaning of toilets, driving taxis, bagging groceries at the supermarket, stocking supermarket shelves, washing dishes at restaurants, etc, etc. , and they are so happy to do these jobs with their master's and phd degrees. yes, you know who you are on this forum or someone to whom this applies. with our despicable lower-class status in another person's land, we are so eager to go back home every once in a while and pretend to be better than those who never migrated, yet cleaning of that toilet awaits us once our visit home comes to an end.  
yes, i'm sure lots of people have regrets.

you must be in some country where blacks are treated like hell. In the US and some UK countries, pple like us have a decent job. If you are working in the groceries store with ur master degree then u thef dumb than whats on ur degree. At least here in the US and Maryland to be precise, the pple I know with degrees have good jobs even someone with a degree from yabatech was able to secure a good job in one of America's top companies. So, u might want to speak for yourself

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (34)

Fatal Accident At Abuja Junction, Kaduna (Disturbing Photos) / Abandoned Ogurugu Airport & Sea Jetty: Tales Of Igbo Nsukka (Photos) / 10 People You Will Meet In A "Danfo" Bus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.