Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,883 members, 7,879,687 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 03:24 AM

FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide (52736 Views)

FG Names Abuja Expressway After Chinua Achebe / FG Names 15 Terrorism Financiers, BDCs, Plans Sanctions / INEC To Tribunal: Atiku’s Lawyer Not Licensed To Practise In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by Comedian2019: 8:29am On Nov 03, 2019
toprealman:
Wonder which one was used by that one from Daura in his "marriage" to the humanitarian woman
The Audio marriage was registered on Social Media
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by CanadaOrBust: 8:30am On Nov 03, 2019
Duggedised12:
I said marriage certificates not bogus answers undecided how else do you want me to spell it out for you?

U the only one doesn’t know the church gives u marriage certificate
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by MusaChukwudi: 8:30am On Nov 03, 2019
capitalzero:

As a Christian,only ground for divorce is adultery. Separation can occur in a number of cases -threat to life etc. Those married will experience tribulation in flesh

Ok I get your point but I am an atheist.
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by capitalzero: 8:31am On Nov 03, 2019
MusaChukwudi:

Ok I get your point but I am an atheist.
why?
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by TemmyT002(m): 8:37am On Nov 03, 2019
This is cool but it doesn't make sense for now
At least let me get married before this na
How will I travel to go and register in another State?

1 Like

Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by Duggedised12(f): 8:37am On Nov 03, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

U the only one doesn’t know the church gives u marriage certificate
still beating about the bush, so everyone in your village is a christian? Fine then lets have the statistics.
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by TemmyT002(m): 8:38am On Nov 03, 2019
engrhorla:

Don't just worry

Buy land with Adron Homes

You get gift of rice and turkey, chicken or goat depending on how much you pay

Call 07031168455... distance is never an issue

Hahahahah

1 Like

Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by engrhorla(m): 8:41am On Nov 03, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

How much rice and chicken do I get for one acre

Can you WhatsApp me on 07031168455 pls?

For as low as 100k payment for land, you get live Turkey and 10kg bag of rice with seasoning pack

I mean, it's win win because you have your land and Christmas festivities is partly sorted ��
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by engrhorla(m): 8:42am On Nov 03, 2019
kid7soccer:
Salvage. We die here grin grin grin

I'm for real here

1 Like

Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by CanadaOrBust: 8:44am On Nov 03, 2019
Duggedised12:
still beating about the bush, so everyone in your village is a christian? Fine then lets have the statistics.

Quietly concede you’ve lost the argument. I told u most in my village wed b4 children. You asked for marriage certificate not knowing that wedding is synonymous with marriage certificate. QED
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by ejimatic: 8:46am On Nov 03, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Such document is useless
. Your opinion is respected
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by ejimatic: 8:48am On Nov 03, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

No true. They don’t ask for evidence of divorce b4 u can marry. In customary you can marry more than one wife without being guilty of bigamy. You don’t have to be divorced b4 customary marrying again
. I am not talking about remarriage under customary law .I am talking about remarriage under the Marriage act or statutory marriage...Evidence of divorce must be presented

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by seguno2: 8:50am On Nov 03, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

No true. They don’t ask for evidence of divorce b4 u can marry. In customary you can marry more than one wife without being guilty of bigamy. You don’t have to be divorced b4 customary marrying again

What he said is the law.
If you want to go to Canada and not end up in jail, you have to reformat your thinking to be law abiding.
Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by Duggedised12(f): 8:52am On Nov 03, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Quietly concede you’ve lost the argument. I told u most in my village wed b4 children. You asked for marriage certificate not knowing that wedding is synonymous with marriage certificate. QED
wedding is synonyms with marriage certificate? Lol where do you hear that from? Even the ones done at local govt councils people are not sure if they are void going by the recent tussle ,traditional weddings don't carry certificates last time i checked. So please tell me where you heard yours from?

Anyway there is no award for who wins and i am not here to according to you "win an argument" . I guess that is your own aim hence the reason it came to your mind,lol goodluck on that .

Just wanted to know the statistics you were working with since you are the statistician here with the day ,but all i got were bogus answers with no direct answer.All you had to do was atleast give a percentage ,but no.

OK , you win, go and collect your award from the mods if it makes you sleep better ,have a blessed day. cool
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by Emyogalanya: 8:53am On Nov 03, 2019
daroz:
I got married at the local government registry in Benin city in 2013. I need to know now if the marriage is still valid or is now invalid.
haha local man sounds Tired already? At just 6years i hope she is not following you on thir forum?
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by airbrush: 9:00am On Nov 03, 2019
chloride6:

Border is open na...

Only land borders are closed..

Rice can still come in through TINCAN or Apapa...

Price of rice will still fall market just needs to adjust to the supply shock..

now i can confirm these zombies are not human being but computer programmes or robots
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by ejimatic: 9:07am On Nov 03, 2019
Duggedised12:
isnt this what the govt is supposed yo be doing to regulate the abnormailites? So many churches are licensed to operate as NGOs but need additional license to conduct statutory weddings, some think because headquarters is licensed branches are automatically licensed ,some obtain certificates from location govts councils which makes the certificate null and void .

This and many more is what i expect the federal govt to be looking into but they are more concerned about power tussle and massaging their ego at the expense of the masses ,what a country!
. absolutely correct!
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by mrchineke: 9:11am On Nov 03, 2019
Duggedised12:
[s]Oh i forgot you are not emotionally intelligent to engage in a conversation. I asked simple questions all you could do is deflect it with incoherent reply . And mind you i am a lady do i wont be "doggedising" any "poor lady" .

Off you to go the tribalistic threads where you dont need to crack a brain cell to regurgitate nasty comments cos its in you like peak milk.[/s]
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by mrchineke: 9:12am On Nov 03, 2019
Duggedised12:
[s]wedding is synonyms with marriage certificate? Lol where do you hear that from? Even the ones done at local govt councils people are not sure if they are void going by the recent tussle ,traditional weddings don't carry certificates last time i checked. So please tell me where you heard yours from?

Anyway there is no award for who wins and i am not here to according to you "win an argument" . I guess that is your own aim hence the reason it came to your mind,lol goodluck on that .

Just wanted to know the statistics you were working with since you are the statistician here with the day ,but all i got were bogus answers with no direct answer.All you had to do was atleast give a percentage ,but no.

OK , you win, go and collect your award from the mods if it makes you sleep better ,have a blessed day. cool[/s]
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by chloride6: 9:12am On Nov 03, 2019
airbrush:

now i can confirm these zombies are not human being but computer programmes or robots

Lol

Think what ever you want...

Rice will come back to N10k before Xmas..
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by mrchineke: 9:14am On Nov 03, 2019
Duggedised12:
[s]brings us back to the issue on ground that the rights of the local govts to conduct statutory marriages has been revoked and only 11 centers cross the country has been license to conduct statutory marriages across the country for people who want to skip the shenanigans of church weddings and opt for registry instead.

Hope that is a perfect recap of this thread?[/s]
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by mrchineke: 9:15am On Nov 03, 2019
Doggedised12

Doggedised12

Doggedised12
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by ejimatic: 9:16am On Nov 03, 2019
GistCaster:
In a new development to the disagreement between the Federal Government and some local government areas over who has the right to conduct marriages in the country, the Federal Government has published the marriage registries and places it has licensed to conduct statutory marriage across the country.

The Federal Government, through the Ministry of Interior, re-emphasised its position that it was the only tier of government permitted by the constitution to regulate and conduct marriages.

It added that formation of statutory marriages was within the exclusive legislative list and that it was the regulatory body for the conduct of statutory marriages and the issuance of marriage certificates.

On its website, the ministry named the 12 registries in 11 states. They are the Federal Marriage Registries in Ikoyi, Lagos State; Abuja, Federal Capital Territory; Benin, Edo State; Owerri, Imo State; Port Harcourt, Rivers State; Kano, Kano State; Jos, Plateau State, Enugu, Enugu; Kaduna, Kaduna; Ibadan, Oyo State; Ikeja, Lagos State, and Makurdi, Benue State.

In an advertorial titled, ‘Public notice on conduct of statutory marriage’, in a newspaper on Wednesday, the Interior Ministry said, “The attention of the Ministry of Interior has been drawn to the publication in the PUNCH Newspaper of Friday, 13th September, 2019, page 42 under the caption, ‘Marriage: Ignore FG’s directive, LGs tell organisations’.

“The Ministry of Interior is therefore constrained to issue this notice in order to properly guide the public on the issue of Statutory Marriages under the applicable law in Nigeria.”

The ministry explained further that it had the responsibility for granting licences to qualified places of worship as well as LGAs that compiled with the provisions of the Act (Sections 4(2) & (5) of the Marriage Act), adding that the ministry had the responsibility to appoint officers to serve as registrars in the Federal Marriage Registries.

The public notice added, “It is observed that the local governments have deliberately misinterpreted powers conferred on them by item 7 (1) of the Fourth Schedule of the constitution.

“For the avoidance of doubt, item 7(1) states that the functions of the Local Government include: registration of all births, deaths and marriages. This provision is clear and requires the local government councils to maintain registries to register births, deaths and marriages for record purposes and planning.”

The ministry, however, warned that any statutory marriage conducted in breach of the Marriage Act, CAP 218, Laws of the Federation 2004 would not serve the desired purpose.

Gist from Gistmore
http://gistmore.com/fg-names-12-registries-licensed-to-conduct-marriages-nationwide
. Constitution is very sensitive..... A woman marries a man .Suddenly the man disappeares.After seven years the court declares him missing legally....A year after the WOman remarries. three years later the first man reappears .Question : who will be the husband between the two men?
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by CanadaOrBust: 9:20am On Nov 03, 2019
Duggedised12:
wedding is synonyms with marriage certificate? Lol where do you hear that from? Even the ones done at local govt councils people are not sure if they are void going by the recent tussle ,traditional weddings don't carry certificates last time i checked. So please tell me where you heard yours from?

OK , you win, go and collect your award from the mods if it makes you sleep better ,have a blessed day. cool

Yes, part of fun of NL is mental tussle to see who wins a given argument. You lost this one. As I already told u, most in my village do church wedding b4 children. You asked 4 the info, there u have it.
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by Duggedised12(f): 9:22am On Nov 03, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Yes, part of fun of NL is mental tussle to see who wins a given argument. You lost this one. As I already told u, most in my village do church wedding b4 children. You asked 4 the info, there u have it.
most is not a data ,but whatever wink
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by CanadaOrBust: 9:26am On Nov 03, 2019
Duggedised12:
most is not a data ,but whatever wink

Data is plural. Just stop now. Keep from embarrassing yourself further
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by kinguwem: 9:27am On Nov 03, 2019
Misplaced priority!
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by witworth(m): 9:29am On Nov 03, 2019
So Lagos have 2 and many states have none, also people will need to travel long journeys to these locations from their respective states just to have a legitimate registered wedding certificate, OMG,
but what is stopping each local govt. from having 1 each. and how can a Nation's federal government be this retarded and daft. what a shame. SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kwankwaso In A Cockpit With Students He Sponsored Years Ago Turned Pilot-photo / Peter Obi Pictured With Ibrahim Babangida / Fayose Attacks APC Again With An Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Tribune(pic

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.