Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,883 members, 7,879,687 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 03:23 AM

FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide (52736 Views)

FG Names Abuja Expressway After Chinua Achebe / FG Names 15 Terrorism Financiers, BDCs, Plans Sanctions / INEC To Tribunal: Atiku’s Lawyer Not Licensed To Practise In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by ejimatic: 8:07pm On Nov 03, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Open an account? R u serious?

The below ends the argument once and for all. This is the actual letter of the law verbatim (see screenshot). Notice it says AFFIDAVIT

11. (1) The registrar, at any time after the expiration of twenty-one days... shall thereupon issue his certificate as in Form C in the First Schedule:

Provided always that he shall not issue such certificate until he has been satisfied by affidavit-

(a) that one of the parties has been resident within the district in which the marriage is intended to be celebrated at least fifteen days preceding the granting of the certificate:

(b) that each of the parties to the intended marriage (not being a widower or widow) is twenty-one years old, or that if he or she is under that age, the consent hereinafter made requisite has been obtained in writing and is annexed to such affidavit;

(c) that there is not any impediment of kindred or affinity, or any other lawful hindrance to the marriage;

(d) that neither of the parties to the intended marriage is married by customary law to any person other than the person with whom such marriage is proposed to be contracted.

(2) Such affidavit may be sworn before a registrar, or before an administrative officer or before a recognised minister of religion.
. There is a difference between what is on the law and the requirements for processing.You seem to dwell on the provisions on the laws while I am telling you the requirements for the processing. Do as I said you see it there....It is when you do as I said that you will have access to the whole site.....The opening part of your last response is disappointing though.Respect anybody you chat with always even in your choice of words.That is what courtesy requires.
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by CanadaOrBust: 8:47pm On Nov 03, 2019
ejimatic:
. The opening part of your comment is rather disappointing. I think you are mature beyond that.However I never deny this provision on statutory marriage.Before I accessed the requirements from the federal government I opened an account on the site .That made me know everything about the requirements. Additionally I have processed for some people through the same procedure....In other words I helped them see the requirements at the site. If you go through what I said you will confirm what I have been saying..

I think my comment was quite apropos.
Bottom line, customary court has no power to issue u any thing like certificate of divorce. Customary wise if u swear u r divorced, u r divorced - unless proven otherwise
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by CanadaOrBust: 8:59pm On Nov 03, 2019
ejimatic:
. There is a difference between what is on the law and the requirements for processing.You seem to dwell on the provisions on the laws while I am telling you the requirements for the processing. Do as I said you see it there....It is when you do as I said that you will have access to the whole site.....The opening part of your last response is disappointing though.Respect anybody you chat with always even in your choice of words.That is what courtesy requires.

The requirements for processing can only be derived from the law otherwise it is quite illegal. Besides, since customary court may not involved in your divorce they can only go by what u tell them therefore they can’t issue anything certifying they know independently that u r divorced.
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by engrhorla(m): 9:31pm On Nov 03, 2019
BlueAir:
U guys would definitely be seeing me soonest. I watch ur billboard adverts ..still contemplating tho

That's fine.

Trust me, a trial will convince you.

You can reach me via call or Whatsapp on 07031168455
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by EagleSquare1(m): 11:03pm On Nov 03, 2019
It’s allowed. Just go to your local government. as per local man nah.

Alamu1111:
I wan marry too o

1 Like

Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by daroz(m): 4:26am On Nov 04, 2019
Emyogalanya:
haha local man sounds Tired already? At just 6years i hope she is not following you on thir forum?

I love my wife so much and I have never imagined myself separating from her in anyway because she is like a part of me already. I was only thinking of revalidating it as soon as I step in Nigeria again .
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by BatleFox: 6:41am On Nov 04, 2019
BlueAir:
My sexual orientation is what? grin paedo...
Re: FG Names 12 Registries Licensed To Conduct Marriages Nationwide by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 04, 2019
just take your intended and register your marriage no more exorbitant bride prices and list.

The greediness inlaw crew wont like this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kwankwaso In A Cockpit With Students He Sponsored Years Ago Turned Pilot-photo / Peter Obi Pictured With Ibrahim Babangida / Fayose Attacks APC Again With An Advert On The Front Page Of Today's Tribune(pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.