Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,420 members, 7,891,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 08:02 PM

Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? (2786 Views)

Poll: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections?

Yes: 73% (11 votes)
No: 26% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? / President Without Underwear(photo) / Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by rekeson: 3:24pm On Nov 14, 2010
Can he?
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Afam4eva(m): 3:26pm On Nov 14, 2010
GEJ is one of the most popular candidates in any election ever conducted in this country. But that's no guarantee that he won't rig. Though i think he can win a free and fair election in nigeria without rigging.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by aljharem(m): 3:29pm On Nov 14, 2010
for jonathan to win, he has to rig the election

jonathan is not popular at all

people wil still vote for buhari and co than jonathan
just my opinion
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Nobody: 3:30pm On Nov 14, 2010
OBJ was more widely accepted in the run up to 1999 election than Jonathan.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Afam4eva(m): 3:34pm On Nov 14, 2010
mikeansy:

Lie.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by jason12345: 3:36pm On Nov 14, 2010
i don't think he can win without rigging it.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by aljharem(m): 3:37pm On Nov 14, 2010
mikeansy:

gbam, jonathan would not get the northern votes

he will not get the igbo votes because he will stop them from been the president 2015 and more

yorubas votes woul be spilt into half those for jonathan and those again jonathan

ss will definatlly vote for him

if he wins the election, it is liklly he has rigged  it
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Afam4eva(m): 3:40pm On Nov 14, 2010
jason12345:

i don't think he can win without rigging it.

Without riggin who do you think stands a better chance than GEJ and give reasons.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by jason12345: 3:47pm On Nov 14, 2010
afam4eva:

Without riggin who do you think stands a better chance than GEJ and give reasons.

ribadu or buhari

i don't want to come across as a pessimist but we have to face the reality which is that the elections are won by states not by population.

now, most of the northern population are very naive and still follow their leaders thus i seriously doubt GJ would win more than 2 states in the north. moreover, before the election date, i personally believe edwin clark would have ruined GJ's reputation as regional leader not as a national leader. GJ would be seen as someone used by clark to push the ijaw agenda (couple with what's happening in delta state and the mend issue). moreover, its not even certain he would win the pdp primaries.

this are my opinions
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by jason12345: 3:51pm On Nov 14, 2010
also, most of the country view GJ as the daddy that pampers mend
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Afam4eva(m): 3:53pm On Nov 14, 2010
jason12345:
its not even certain he would win the pdp primaries.

This is where he will have a problem. The PDP primaries will be even more difficult than the election proper.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by jason12345: 3:57pm On Nov 14, 2010
afam4eva:

This is where he will have a problem. The PDP primaries will be even more difficult than the election proper.

exactly, because pdp was founded on zoning and it cannot be jettison because of the incumbent president. it would be viewed as an opportunistic move by the pdp delegate especially the northern delegates
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by TORDOO(m): 4:05pm On Nov 14, 2010
This guy gej,does not even an election in bayelsa,hw do u think he wil win national election?
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by sexy74(m): 4:08pm On Nov 14, 2010
fform all the people contesting in the platform of PDP, it is only Atiku that is a real polictician.
GEJ is just an oppourtunist i dont think he can win an election in his family. For him to win Nigeria let him win PDP first.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Beaf: 4:11pm On Nov 14, 2010
GEJ will clear 90% of the Middle Belt and the South. He will only have one or two issues in the core North, and its likely he will get the mandatory 1/4 votes in the North East.

GEJ is very popular and should win by landslide.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 14, 2010
GEJ cant win free and fair election in PDP talkless of nigeria, he is planning to rig, with people like anenih and obj by his side, they must have given him assurances but the problem is atikus and the IBBs are also good.so the winner will be who rigs better.IMO
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by jason12345: 4:14pm On Nov 14, 2010
Beaf:

GEJ will clear 90% of the Middle Belt and the South. He will only have one or two issues in the core North, and its likely he will get the mandatory 1/4 votes in the North East.

GEJ is very popular and should win by landslide.

how did you come up with this conclusion
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Beaf: 4:17pm On Nov 14, 2010
jason12345:

how did you come up with this conclusion

It is easy to see. You guys are just being sentimental; hold a map and the constitution (section 132) in front of yourself, then ask yourself the question again.
Jonathan will win by landslide. cool cool cool
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by jason12345: 4:22pm On Nov 14, 2010
Beaf:

It is easy to see. You guys are just being sentimental; hold a map and the constitution (section 132) in front of yourself, then ask yourself the question again.
Jonathan will win by landslide. cool cool cool

i know you want GJ to win grin. goodluck to him! grin grin grin
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Beaf: 4:30pm On Nov 14, 2010
^
He will win, he's got the Middle Belt and South as well as chunks of the North where there are minorities. His only problems are in Hausa-Fulani states (Sokoto and Katsina might buck the trend and go GEJ).
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Dsense(m): 4:31pm On Nov 14, 2010
rekeson:

Can he?
I don't understand grammar oooo ''wrigging'' or ''rigging''?
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Beaf: 4:33pm On Nov 14, 2010
afam4eva:

That is true, but he is so bloody strong in PDP that his opponents are having to employ tribalism and Northern consensus bullocks. GEJ will win the PDP primaries.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by aljharem(m): 4:38pm On Nov 14, 2010
Beaf:

That is true, but he is so bloody strong in PDP that his opponents are having to employ tribalism and Northern consensus bullocks. GEJ will win the PDP primaries.
i doubt that, GEJ is not popular in pdp because must pdp politicians are hausa/fulani and igbos and the only powerful person i know that is supporting GEJ is obj that's all.
others like ekueme and others are are not so powerful and influential as u think
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Beaf: 4:42pm On Nov 14, 2010
^
So why are the others taking the cowardly routes of tribalism and Northern consensus bullocks? One even extended the farce to psychiatric levels by changing his name from Bukola to "Abubakar!!!!" grin grin grin
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by TORDOO(m): 4:44pm On Nov 14, 2010
Beaf,are u frm middle belt,a frm there;we dont no gej here,i dont no where u get ur information,if benue state endorse gej,does not mean midle belt endorse him,endorsement is diferent frm voting
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by jason12345: 4:46pm On Nov 14, 2010
TORDOO:

Beaf,are u frm middle belt,a frm there;we dont no gej here,i dont no where u get your information,if benue state endorse gej,does not mean midle belt endorse him,endorsement is diferent frm voting

can you give us the reason why they do not support GJ? and does it have to do with the view of opportunism of GJ or the fear of the north?
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Beaf: 4:52pm On Nov 14, 2010
TORDOO:

Beaf,are u frm middle belt,a frm there;we dont no gej here,i dont no where u get your information,if benue state endorse gej,does not mean midle belt endorse him,endorsement is diferent frm voting

Last I heard, it was'nt just Benue, but all Middle Belt states. They even went so far as to advise IBB and "Abubakar" to withdraw. Since PDP will sweep those states, its a done deal.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Nov 14, 2010
I don't know where we get our statistics sometimes but the last time I checked Middle belt also include Niger State, Kwara State and Kogi.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Beaf: 5:11pm On Nov 14, 2010
^
Are you saying after the primaries are done and dusted Niger State, Kwara State and Kogi will vote ACN or CPC? Thats a very long stretch.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 14, 2010
Are the Primary elections not part of elections?

Or you are assuming the winner already?
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Beaf: 5:35pm On Nov 14, 2010
^
I know you're joking!
The primaries are not part of the elections, they are a political parties selection process and 100% internal to PDP.
The election will take place under INEC.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 14, 2010
Right

why does who controls what process negate the fact that primaries are important preliminary part of the General elections?

We have Jonathan, IBB, Atiku, Saraki all saying they are running for elections even though only one of them will emerge from PDP.

If the PDP primaries is not part of the elections then all of these people can not claim to be running for elections at the same time.

some debates are just not worth it lol.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meaning Of "Status Quo": Court Ruling On Tambuwal / Apc Presidential Campaign Rally In Lagos Today, ARE YOU READY!!! / Buhari's Aide Arrested With $1.5 Million Dollars Cash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.