Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,464 members, 7,891,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:30 PM

Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? (2787 Views)

Poll: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections?

Yes: 73% (11 votes)
No: 26% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? / President Without Underwear(photo) / Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 15, 2010
How ?
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Beaf: 2:55pm On Nov 15, 2010
rekeson:

My own opinion is even if Gej rigs and win, the country will be ungovernable 4 him.

Nigeria has always been ungovernable and it will remain so no matter who is President until the day we institute true federalism and equity for the common man.
Every developed country has a contract between citizen and state, such that the citizen knows their exact rights and the duties of the state to them; the state on the other hand, acts as an umbrella of security to the citizen no matter where they are. In Nigeria, there is no such thing, its a jungle where we all simply exist as best as we can.
In the absence of true federalism and a codified contract between citizen and state, we will continue to reap chaos; it has nothing to do with the person of the President.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Pharoh: 5:40pm On Nov 15, 2010
Who else wants to win a presidential election in nigeria without rigging?
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by babytoun: 6:16pm On Nov 15, 2010
These are all schemes to whip up sentiments against GEJ. some people talk about north not voting for GEJ and I ask which north? The one that has benue,plateau,kogi,kwara,nasarawa, borno,taraba or the one that has jigawa,kaduna,kano,sokoto,kebbi, yobe?

Which other candidate is more popular than GEJ? How many okada riders know ribadu? how many market women know ribadu. what political structure is buhari banking on to win? people see IBB as the cause of all nigeria's problems(which is wrong though).

Jonathan will definitely get at least 50% of North central votes, he will get at least 35% of NE. The SS and SE will give him at least 75%. SW may produce more ACN governors but , jonathan will do well, at least 45%. with this and the understanding that there will be a lot of split votes amongst his opponents because of competing ambitions of a the northern candidates, 2011 is almost already in the bag for GEJ.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by 1025: 7:20pm On Nov 15, 2010
These are all schemes to whip up sentiments against GEJ. some people talk about north not voting for GEJ and I ask which north? The one that has benue,plateau,kogi,kwara,nasarawa, borno,taraba or the one that has jigawa,kaduna,kano,sokoto,kebbi, yobe?

Which other candidate is more popular than GEJ? How many okada riders know ribadu? how many market women know ribadu. what political structure is buhari banking on to win? people see IBB as the cause of all nigeria's problems(which is wrong though).

Jonathan will definitely get at least 50% of North central votes, he will get at least 35% of NE. The SS and SE will give him at least 75%. SW may produce more ACN governors but , jonathan will do well, at least 45%. with this and the understanding that there will be a lot of split votes amongst his opponents because of competing ambitions of a the northern candidates, 2011 is almost already in the bag for GEJ.

@babytoun,
i want to agree with you when u say jonathan is popular but the big question here is, what is jonathan known for?
ibb among other things built the longest bridgein west africa during his time as president and the name of that bridge is third mainland bridge right there in lagos.
obasanjo is popular with gsm and and this internet that has given u the opportunity to air ur opinion. yar adua initiated the niger delta peace talk and gave room for rule of law in nigeria.
i am yet to hold on to anything that makes jonathan popular.
if we talk politics in relation to facts and figures, jonathan has never won any election in his whole political carrier.
i am not surprised with the number of states u have counted on the side of jonathan in the north but how sure are u that the militants who are continiously causing problems in bayelsa will vote jonathan.
for those who like the truth, jonathan just believe in obasanjo and that is just it. asa member of pdp, jonathan's last resort will be rigging and this he will do using different state machineries. pdp is about setting up a 10 man committee that will screen that candidates and who is behind this? obasanjo. by so doing, we will have a repeatition of 2007 when ribadu was the screening agent. so those that will pose threat will be found guilty or one crime or the other.
at the end of the day, jonathan can only be our president via pdp rigging profession.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by babytoun: 7:36pm On Nov 15, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^
i see the point you are trying to make. i dont expect us all to see things same way, however i would have been more comfortable if you

1. stated the candidate that is more popular than jonathan within or outside pdp(popular in the context of voter following, not these forms of popularity you defined)
2. your estimate of percentage votes , the candidate will win accross the different geopolitical zones.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by tolu001: 7:53pm On Nov 15, 2010
None of the present crop of politheivians in this country can win a free, fair and credible election. They cant cos they lack what it takes
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by aljharem(m): 7:57pm On Nov 15, 2010
babytoun:

^^^^^^^^^^^
i see the point you are trying to make. i dont expect  us all to see things same way, however i would have been more comfortable if you

1. stated the candidate that is more popular than jonathan within or outside pdp(popular in the context of voter following, not these forms of popularity you defined)
2. your estimate of percentage votes , the candidate will win  accross the different geopolitical zones.

babytoun,

GEJ would not win core north like sokoto etc because they want zoning
he will win some middlebelt states may be

he will win ss states because his people will vote for him

he will not win sw because they are more liklly to vote for an ACN candidate

he will win some se because they like him but some states will not vote for him because it ruins there chance of them been the president 2015

just my opinion

the liklly person to win is either ibb or buhari
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Beaf: 10:13pm On Nov 15, 2010
^
Dude, what you described above is what INEC would term, "landslide" victory for Jonathan! grin grin grin grin grin

babytoun:

^^^^^^^^^^^
i see the point you are trying to make. i dont expect us all to see things same way, however i would have been more comfortable if you

2. your estimate of percentage votes , the candidate will win accross the different geopolitical zones.

. . .And 1025 ran away! grin grin grin grin
Damn!
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by rekeson: 6:03am On Nov 16, 2010
tolu001:

None of the present crop of politheivians in this country can win a free, fair and credible election. They cant cos they lack what it takes
Seconded.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by 1025: 7:58am On Nov 16, 2010

@babytoun,
you sounded like someone who says and likes the truth. what do u know jonathan for and why, how is he popular. if am not mistaken, popularity has to do with achievements? maybe, he is popular with the bombing madness that we now have in nigeria. if one can be a president for 1 month and have nothing to show for it, it only shows unpreparedness.
buhari was known for a very effective war against indiscipline and corruption and if you know about those days, u don't use a glass to see the war in action. it was a real war on indiscipline and corruption as no one was left out in the war.
it is unfortunate that popularity is not going to be tested, as it has always been a game of tribe, party and gangs. if it has to do with popularity, i tell u jonathan is the least in popularity and i have mentioned each and every one of these contestants with what they are known for. jonathan has nothing to show for his popularity.
the only thing u can say about jonathan that is outstanding was he skillfully betrayed alams and his loyalist display for obasanjo earned him the gov of bayelsa state. did he build tinapa in bayelsa? did he build airport in bayelsa? is he more popular than alams in bayelsa? u know the answers. it was this same loyalist movement that made him earn the trust to become vice president otherwise, can u point to any eastern gov that jonathan did better than. skillfully under yar adua, he became president and the reversial of yar adua's decission showed he was not comfortable as a vice all these days. i refer you to the presidential pardon given to ribadu and the forceful imposition of ribadu on the nigerian police against the rule of law under yar adua where else governmental officials were made to give account of their stewardship.
before i forget, is this popularity based on his facebook membership?
pls in simple language, tell us what ur understanding of popularity is and link jonathan to that as that could be a way of letting us into the moving train.
i don't believe in percentage as you would want me to present because i can authoritatively tell u that nobody can say the population of nigeria as we speak hence it becomes a difficult thing to work with figures here.
i remembered jonathan declaring a state of emergency on the power sector and a friend of mine told me we will have steady power supply before august and i told him no take october. i was asking him last week, what about the light bcs we are already in nov and he told me about saboteurs.
yes jonathan has made promises but all that we have heard in the past so no difference here.

Dude, what you described above is what INEC would term, "landslide" victory for Jonathan! Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

. . .And 1025 ran away! Grin Grin Grin Grin
Damn!

@Beaf,
in 1999 lanslide victory was what obasanjo had and he repeated same in 2007. in abia state, orji uzor kalu had same. in edo state, the then gov had same before oshomole replaced him via court orders. in delta uduagham had same until sometime last week.
the issue here is not about the name or type of victory rather the popularity of our candidates. what do u know jonathan for? what do u think makes him the most popular of all?
if a president cannot control the militants in his own state, do u think he can control nigeria? be reminded that our history book has placed jonathan as a president who spent a lot of funds celebrating independence and bomb was part of the celebration.
with the rate arms and armunitions are moving arround nigeria, are u not thinking jonathan has failed in presenting himself as the president of the country.
i really want just one person to point to something tangible and say, this is a decission from jonathan or an achievement from jonathan.
if with the ways politicians and our senators are carrying funds about in this country, jonathan is refusing a common man N18,000 monthly, then, he has no blood and water running in his system. what is N18,000 for a family man?
pls let me know those things that u see and consider jonathan the most popular.
do u think jonathan is sleeping over this elections? he is working with his gang members day and night to make sure no stone is left unturned.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by rekeson: 9:46am On Nov 16, 2010
1025:

@babytoun,
you sounded like someone who says and likes the truth. what do u know jonathan for and why, how is he popular. if am not mistaken, popularity has to do with achievements? maybe, he is popular with the bombing madness that we now have in nigeria. if one can be a president for 1 month and have nothing to show for it, it only shows unpreparedness.
buhari was known for a very effective war against indiscipline and corruption and if you know about those days, u don't use a glass to see the war in action. it was a real war on indiscipline and corruption as no one was left out in the war.
it is unfortunate that popularity is not going to be tested, as it has always been a game of tribe, party and gangs. if it has to do with popularity, i tell u jonathan is the least in popularity and i have mentioned each and every one of these contestants with what they are known for. jonathan has nothing to show for his popularity.
the only thing u can say about jonathan that is outstanding was he skillfully betrayed alams and his loyalist display for obasanjo earned him the gov of bayelsa state. did he build tinapa in bayelsa? did he build airport in bayelsa? is he more popular than alams in bayelsa? u know the answers. it was this same loyalist movement that made him earn the trust to become vice president otherwise, can u point to any eastern gov that jonathan did better than. skillfully under yar adua, he became president and the reversial of yar adua's decission showed he was not comfortable as a vice all these days. i refer you to the presidential pardon given to ribadu and the forceful imposition of ribadu on the nigerian police against the rule of law under yar adua where else governmental officials were made to give account of their stewardship.
before i forget, is this popularity based on his facebook membership?
pls in simple language, tell us what your understanding of popularity is and link jonathan to that as that could be a way of letting us into the moving train.
i don't believe in percentage as you would want me to present because i can authoritatively tell u that nobody can say the population of nigeria as we speak hence it becomes a difficult thing to work with figures here.
i remembered jonathan declaring a state of emergency on the power sector and a friend of mine told me we will have steady power supply before august and i told him no take october. i was asking him last week, what about the light bcs we are already in nov and he told me about saboteurs.
yes jonathan has made promises but all that we have heard in the past so no difference here.

@Beaf,
in 1999 lanslide victory was what obasanjo had and he repeated same in 2007. in abia state, orji uzor kalu had same. in edo state, the then gov had same before oshomole replaced him via court orders. in delta uduagham had same until sometime last week.
the issue here is not about the name or type of victory rather the popularity of our candidates. what do u know jonathan for? what do u think makes him the most popular of all?
if a president cannot control the militants in his own state, do u think he can control nigeria? be reminded that our history book has placed jonathan as a president who spent a lot of funds celebrating independence and bomb was part of the celebration.
with the rate arms and armunitions are moving arround nigeria, are u not thinking jonathan has failed in presenting himself as the president of the country.
i really want just one person to point to something tangible and say, this is a decission from jonathan or an achievement from jonathan.
if with the ways politicians and our senators are carrying funds about in this country, jonathan is refusing a common man N18,000 monthly, then, he has no blood and water running in his system. what is N18,000 for a family man?
pls let me know those things that u see and consider jonathan the most popular.
do u think jonathan is sleeping over this elections? he is working with his gang members day and night to make sure no stone is left unturned.
Well incase u are not aware, power is more stable in Gej regime than any other regime. And secondly fuel supply is regular under Gej regime unlike any other. So u see Gej is know 4 two things.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by 1025: 10:19am On Nov 16, 2010
Well incase u are not aware, power is more stable in Gej regime than any other regime. And secondly fuel supply is regular under Gej regime unlike any other. So u see Gej is know 4 two things.

@rekeson,
u sound like one of our govt sponsored newspapers. what do u mean by more stable? it is wonderful how nigerians use english words to suit their purposes.
with my little knowledge of english, i know something has to be stable before it gets to more stable. then i ask, is our power supply stable before u think of been more stable? which part of nigeria are u staying and which part of nigeria is experiencing this more stable power supply? did you hear professor Nnaji(jonathan's special adviser ) say that saboteurs are not allowing their efforts in the power sector and how do u reconcile that with ur more stable position? uncle, before the coming of obasanjo in 1999, there was not gsm and we all know what the experiences were with NITEL but what obasanjo did in our telecommunication industry is seen in every family today and there has not been grammatical jamboreesover that.
what did ur jonathan do in the power sector and the petrolium industry? can u point to any change maybe a new refinery or something tangible.
uncle, are u going to tell ur children tomorrow that power was more stable under jonathan? are u going to remember jonathan for petrol? how much was petrol under ibb, buhari, shagari and abacha and how much is petrol now?
when people achieve things, even enemies cannot deny them. i am an anti obasanjo till date but the number of gsm networks in this country represents a great achievement for that same man i never like.
pls point to something with facts and figures. my side in lagos do stay for 2 months with light. we do stay weeks without light so if u tell me where u live, i can come over there to experience ur more stable power supply.
uncle, uk, benin republic, usa, togo etc only have steady power supply and it is wonderful how nigeria has jumped from unsteady power supply to a more steady power supply.
the only place u can point to as we speak now is facebook and as soon as u sign in, u will see our president without wasting time.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by marvix(m): 10:46am On Nov 16, 2010
GEj can win a free and fair contest in 2011.

The real question is, Is there any candidate in the lot that is prepared to win a free and fair contest?

Is Atiku, IBB, Saraki counting on a free and fair contest, Buhari can not win a free and fair contest, the only man capable of winning a free and fair contest in 2011 is Goodluck Ebele Jonathan!!!

The 2011 elections is supposed to be the opportunity of the opposition, but have they gotten their acts right the simple answer is NO!!!!.

The opposition should either present a strong and credible candidate that can give PDP a run for their money or tactfully support GEJ in the run up to the 2011 elections.

A lot of us just analyse based on states and ethnic lines, 2011 has the opportunity of being 1993 again, if u can see it u can believe it, but if u cant sorry i cant open ur eyes cos the last time I checked I am not Jesus!!!

If a president builds the 3rd mainland bridge how is that an achievement, was he the site engineer or project designer, for all we know he made a lot of money for himself and his cohorts building the bridge, democracy is not abour roads and electricity and that is where we all miss it as a nation.

Libya does not have a democracy, yet basic amenities are taken for granted, they dont complain of bad roads, we cant say a govt is working because he is building roads or paying salaries, what we should look out for is policies of the administration, economic impacts of the administration, social security and all sorts, I dont think anyone talks of American president building the longest bridge or who was the head of govt in UK when the underground tunnel was built, these are achievements of engineers on duty.

Obj is the single biggest tragedy of the nation, If GEJ has to pet him to get there GEJ should kindly do that. To attribute the GSM revolution to OBJ is just an illiteratic attribution.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by rekeson: 1:25pm On Nov 16, 2010
marvix:

The real question is, Is there any candidate in the lot that is prepared to win a free and fair contest?

Is Atiku, IBB, Saraki counting on a free and fair contest, Buhari can not win a free and fair contest, the only man capable of winning a free and fair contest in 2011 is Goodluck Ebele Jonathan!!!

The 2011 elections is supposed to be the opportunity of the opposition, but have they gotten their acts right the simple answer is NO!!!!.

The opposition should either present a strong and credible candidate that can give PDP a run for their money or tactfully support GEJ in the run up to the 2011 elections.

A lot of us just analyse based on states and ethnic lines, 2011 has the opportunity of being 1993 again, if u can see it u can believe it, but if u cant sorry i cant open your eyes cos the last time I checked I am not Jesus!!!

If a president builds the 3rd mainland bridge how is that an achievement, was he the site engineer or project designer, for all we know he made a lot of money for himself and his cohorts building the bridge, democracy is not abour roads and electricity and that is where we all miss it as a nation.

Libya does not have a democracy, yet basic amenities are taken for granted, they dont complain of bad roads, we cant say a govt is working because he is building roads or paying salaries, what we should look out for is policies of the administration, economic impacts of the administration, social security and all sorts, I dont think anyone talks of American president building the longest bridge or who was the head of govt in UK when the underground tunnel was built, these are achievements of engineers on duty.

Obj is the single biggest tragedy of the nation, If GEJ has to pet him to get there GEJ should kindly do that. To attribute the GSM revolution to OBJ is just an illiteratic attribution.
U took the words right out of my mind.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Beaf: 2:07pm On Nov 16, 2010
rekeson:

U took the words right out of my mind.

Yeah, Marvix totally killed the emptiness some have been painting here. That dude says his killer bits really quietly.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by 1025: 8:46pm On Nov 16, 2010

A lot of us just analyse based on states and ethnic lines, 2011 has the opportunity of being 1993 again, if u can see it u can believe it, but if u cant sorry i cant open your eyes cos the last time I checked I am not Jesus!!!

@marvix,
what u have done above can only be summerized as; BEAUTIFUL NONSENSE.
when people say that george bush fought the iraqi war, does it mean bush went to iraq as a soldier? are u saying ibb was surposed to be an engineer for u to agree that nhe built third mainland bridge. obasanjo's regime brought gsm on board and that i know and that many nigerians know and that will remain in our minds until u and ur group prove otherwise.
assuming everyother aspirant apart from jonathan is a criminal, don't u think the devil we all know is better than this angel we know nothing about. in his six months or more as the president of nigeria, could you please in a very simple language, point to one or two things you know he has achieved.
if jonathan approves the N18,000 minimum wage, who will be known for that.
obama made promises of improving the unemployment rates in the usa and improve their diplomatic ties with the whole world, don't you think he will be judged with the result at the end of his tenure?
if u call obasanjo the single biggest tragedy of a nation, why do u still believe in his choice of candidate(jonathan) and why do u think jonathan will not be a bigger tragedy?
in 1999, obasanjo was selected among other nigerians by a few military cabal and in 2003, he used his power of incumbency to rig himself back to power. in 2007, he brough two unready candidates in yar adua and jonathan as president and vice president respectively. 2011 obasanjo is up to impose jonathan on us, how do u relate these situations to the democracy practise in the countries u mentioned above.
what sense did u end up making in all u wrote above if you have nothing to show for his time so far as the president of nigeria.
jonathan declared emergency in the power sector, how long does emergency take? maybe eternity? i can authoritatively tell you that the popularity of jonathan is only based his loyality to obasanjo and i will wait here for you to quote me wrong pointing facts and figures.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Beaf: 8:53pm On Nov 16, 2010
^
What a funny set of rusty arguments!
Dude, Marvix really buried you. Aside from that, the poll above reads that a full 90% of responders believe Uncle Joe will win cleanly. So whats eating you? grin
Jonathan is already known for dealing the death blow to the fuel mafia, improving electricity and taking on the generator mafia that even military govts were too scared to touch! Abeg, shine your eyes jare! Stop telling us we can't see the things we are seeing.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Muza(m): 12:37am On Nov 17, 2010
The poll above doesnt mean much,poeple could create multiple IDs to just make us believe that badluck is popular,but most of us know badluck is not popular and has nothing to offer.
If he is popular as we are amde to believe and has been endorsed by several gov,legislators,politicans and interest groups,why is he having a difficult time trying to get the PDP ticket.

Mark my words,If badluck wins 2011 then he rigged it,no two ways about that.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by 1025: 7:35am On Nov 17, 2010
The poll above doesnt mean much,poeple could create multiple IDs to just make us believe that badluck is popular,but most of us know badluck is not popular and has nothing to offer.
If he is popular as we are amde to believe and has been endorsed by several gov,legislators,politicans and interest groups,why is he having a difficult time trying to get the PDP ticket.

Mark my words,If badluck wins 2011 then he rigged it,no two ways about that.

@Muza,
u are going too far. let them point to one thing that makes jonathan popular. let them tell us one decission he has made as a president. when he banned the super eagles, we all shouted at the top of our voices and he just reversed that. all his bills in the hit the rock. he is not in ontrol of the NASS and the idea of the 10 man screening committee is to weaken those powerful candidates.
obasanjo his father is always afraid of atiku what more jonathan the son?
most ppl shouting jonathan's popularity are just crowd followers and if jonathan tries to play on a smooth ground, he definitely will fail.
our super falcons that won AWF in south africa have been told to wait till december. jonathan is just as confused as those campeigning for him here.
in bayelsa his state, he is not more popular than alams and the militants are still doing what they know how to do best in that state despite the popularity preach here. if jonathan is not in control in his state, which state does his popularity come from.
i am from imo state but i tell u, jonathan is never a product of democracy and that is the gospel truth.
jonathan came to power through the worst election in the history of man in 2007 and can any of u here point to one thing he did in bayelsa as a gov before he became the vice president.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Pharoh: 7:51am On Nov 17, 2010
@1025

Why don't you state the name of your candidate so we can analyze him here and see his achievements too.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Muza(m): 12:03pm On Nov 17, 2010
rig2011electionsAndDie
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by 1025: 3:20pm On Nov 17, 2010
@1025

Why don't you state the name of your candidate so we can analyze him here and see his achievements too.

@Pharoh,
what u have done above is called, A CHANGE OF THE TOPIC. u have deviated.
the topic is asking if GEJ can win without rigging and i am trying to say why it will be difficult for jonathan to win without rigging. i am not worried over how u feel abt my position on this. i am not a crowd fellower. what i expect from all of you intelligent ppl of this forum is to link me to your facts and figures. in the history of pdp, we know rigging has been their watchword while do or die is their party anthem.
it is easier for a ship to fly than you to point to any pdp office holder that did not rig himself into power and i wait to be corrected.

for my candidate which you have asked, in 1999, i started from the registeration of voters to been a presiding officer from the first election to the last one. after my experience in 1999, i have never come close to politics and politicians because i have first hand information about them. to be more precised, i do not have a particular politician in mind but on this forum, i will only support any candidate free of obasanjo.

my wish for this country is that we embrace a democracy where my vote and yours will count. i can't afford to waste my time voting when i know the results have been concluded. nigeria is 50 yrs and we can't afford to depend on a very old man to determine who rules and who not. nigerians must think beyond jonathan and look upto our constitution to be our guide. the other time, obj from no where brought yar adua and we accepted and now is jonathan so the possibility of an armed robber becoming the president as long as obasanjo wants.

obasanjo must have tried for nigeria, but he is due to retire and let the younger generations embrace real democracy free of professor iwu and tony annenih.
we must do something to change this train and nigerians must know that democracy allows ppl to have different opinions on different issues. it is a thing of shame that for the sake of obasanjo, the constitution of nigeria will be made irrelevant and everyother person will not make sense. anyone obasanjo calls a criminal will be a criminal and anyone he calls a saint will remain a saint.
i do not have anything against jonathan but i hate his links as goats can never give birth to dogs. those he is working with will definitely influence him to another wasteful 8 yrs.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by rekeson: 3:36pm On Nov 17, 2010
1025:

@Pharoh,
the topic is asking if GEJ can win without rigging and i am trying to say why it will be difficult for jonathan to win without rigging. i am not worried over how u feel abt my position on this. i am not a crowd fellower. what i expect from all of you intelligent ppl of this forum is to link me to your facts and figures. in the history of pdp, we know rigging has been their watchword while do or die is their party anthem.
it is easier for a ship to fly than you to point to any pdp office holder that did not rig himself into power and i wait to be corrected.

for my candidate which you have asked, in 1999, i started from the registeration of voters to been a presiding officer from the first election to the last one. after my experience in 1999, i have never come close to politics and politicians because i have first hand information about them. to be more precised, i do not have a particular politician in mind but on this forum, i will only support any candidate free of obasanjo.

my wish for this country is that we embrace a democracy where my vote and yours will count. i can't afford to waste my time voting when i know the results have been concluded. nigeria is 50 yrs and we can't afford to depend on a very old man to determine who rules and who not. nigerians must think beyond jonathan and look upto our constitution to be our guide. the other time, obj from no where brought yar adua and we accepted and now is jonathan so the possibility of an armed robber becoming the president as long as obasanjo wants.

obasanjo must have tried for nigeria, but he is due to retire and let the younger generations embrace real democracy free of professor iwu and tony annenih.
we must do something to change this train and nigerians must know that democracy allows ppl to have different opinions on different issues. it is a thing of shame that for the sake of obasanjo, the constitution of nigeria will be made irrelevant and everyother person will not make sense. anyone obasanjo calls a criminal will be a criminal and anyone he calls a saint will remain a saint.
i do not have anything against jonathan but i hate his links as goats can never give birth to dogs. those he is working with will definitely influence him to another wasteful 8 yrs.

1025:

@Pharoh,

Gej cannot afford 2 loose because if he does he can't come back home.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by rekeson: 11:46am On Nov 18, 2010
2011 elections might split the country.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by marvix(m): 10:14pm On Nov 18, 2010
1025:

@marvix,
what u have done above can only be summerized as; BEAUTIFUL NONSENSE.
when people say that george bush fought the iraqi war, does it mean bush went to iraq as a soldier? are u saying ibb was surposed to be an engineer for u to agree that nhe built third mainland bridge. obasanjo's regime brought gsm on board and that i know and that many nigerians know and that will remain in our minds until u and your group prove otherwise.
assuming everyother aspirant apart from jonathan is a criminal, don't u think the devil we all know is better than this angel we know nothing about. in his six months or more as the president of nigeria, could you please in a very simple language, point to one or two things you know he has achieved.
if jonathan approves the N18,000 minimum wage, who will be known for that.
obama made promises of improving the unemployment rates in the usa and improve their diplomatic ties with the whole world, don't you think he will be judged with the result at the end of his tenure?
if u call obasanjo the single biggest tragedy of a nation, why do u still believe in his choice of candidate(jonathan) and why do u think jonathan will not be a bigger tragedy?
in 1999, obasanjo was selected among other nigerians by a few military cabal and in 2003, he used his power of incumbency to rig himself back to power. in 2007, he brough two unready candidates in yar adua and jonathan as president and vice president respectively. 2011 obasanjo is up to impose jonathan on us, how do u relate these situations to the democracy practise in the countries u mentioned above.
what sense did u end up making in all u wrote above if you have nothing to show for his time so far as the president of nigeria.
jonathan declared emergency in the power sector, how long does emergency take? maybe eternity? i can authoritatively tell you that the popularity of jonathan is only based his loyality to obasanjo and i will wait here for you to quote me wrong pointing facts and figures.

1025, I must let you know that by this post above, you confirmed yourself an educated illiterate and your types are the ones that make governing this country a very difficult task.

To your comments I will take them one by one;

george bush fought the iraqi war, does it mean bush went to iraq as a soldier?, War is a major policy of Republicans in America, is building or was building bridges a policy of IBBs regime, any idiot who wld have been president at that time would have had no choice but to build the bridge, the finance was available and the need for the bridge was there, If you want to talk of IBBs policy what you should talk about is the SAP and his lending from the IMF, the loan he took was what Buhari strongly resisted before he was sacked and IBB took the giant step of taking a loan, devaluing our currency and instituionalising corruption those are the kind of things you should ascribe to him not building roads, bridges or health centres, what are the ministry of works, health education and co meant to be doing? If Buhari had remained president do you think the third mainland bridge would not have been built? do u think IBB had a personal ambition for building the 3rd main land bridge or can you tell me who built the 1st, 2nd mainland bridges?

You also count GSM as an achievement of Obj, If alex had been allowed to rule in 1999, do you think he would have stopped the GSM revolution, guess what the GSM market had nothing to do with govt, the technology was more readily available in the late 90s, ask in foreign countries when did the mobile phones catch up with everyone, watch an American movie produced in the early 90s you wont notice gsm phones but watch later movies you would find American films produced in 2000, 2001 using phones like nokia 3310, what does that tell you. The major error educated illiterates like you make is that you equate the cellular phone to the GSM phones, they are two different technologies.

Obj had nothing to do with the GSM revolution other than making money from the whole process, he sold licences to the communication companies at $285m in 2001, we should ask him where is that money, it was supposed to be used to improve the power sector but what did we get additional N10b was unaccounted for.

If Jonathan improves the minimum wage that would count for nothing with me, it is the illiterates that count that kind of thing as an achievemnt of the president instead it is an achievemnt of d govt, dont forget yaradua actually was the one that instituted a committee to look into workers welfare to advise govt on living wage for its workers, so i count stuff like the amnesty of Yaradua it was a policy and a president like Obj or Atiku would have opted for a war to finish while Yaradua toed the path of peace, no matter what you say this is Yaraduas era, Jonathan is trying to have his era come 2011.

That Yaradua was imposed, did it conclude the sale of refineries initiated by Obj to his cronies, did he not reverse other sales of national assets, did Yaradua who all of u claim not to have accepted move the price of fuel down twice, did the imposed Yaradua not stand by the rule of law even when his party was losing cases in court, did he send soldiers to level communities in the delta because soldiers were killed, the funds seized by an Obj who was elected fairly in 1999 was released by this same impostor, then why should i cry for an elected president when an impostor could do better. who instituted the PIB.

1025 u missed it in thinking 2011 is the last bus stop, nope we still have a long way to go broda, first we have to have a fair contest where the incumbent can win and win freely, then we can go ahead in subsequent elections to either sack an incumbent party in 2015, or sack an incumbent president in 2019, nothing that happens too fast ever last long.

Jonathan must be president in 2011, there is no opposition that is yet ready to unseat him, some presidential aspirants already know that they will be casting their vote for Jonathan.

Let us not over flog an issue, in a free and fair contest Jonathan would win the presidential election and you must also know that a free and fair election is where Nigerians vote as Nigerians not as hausas votin for hausas or ibos for ibos that would not qualify for a free and fair contest because if ur tribe is d majority then u are the winner.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Breaking News:gen Buhari Stole Money While In Office / Full Names Of The Defected Legislators / Breaking News: General Adekunle 'black Scorpion' Is Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.