Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,465 members, 7,891,926 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:39 PM

Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? (2788 Views)

Poll: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections?

Yes: 73% (11 votes)
No: 26% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

A President Without Ministers: Can Buhari Govern Nigeria? / President Without Underwear(photo) / Can GEJ Really Win In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Beaf: 6:35pm On Nov 14, 2010
^
The OP really didn't state whether they meant General Elections or party elections, so we could both claim to be right in a sense. However, the claim that PDP's primaries are a part of the General Elections remains defeated.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by blacksta(m): 6:46pm On Nov 14, 2010
it is so bloody obvious that the present crop can not even win in their states talk less of the entire nation and the only alternative is to rig elections.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by excanny: 7:03pm On Nov 14, 2010
Somehow that amendment to the electoral act for more delegates for GJ has found its way again into the floor of the NASS for a second hearing.

I have a feeling that these are all maneuvers for GJ to win the primary. I think somebody is working hard behind the scenes to ensure Jonathan.

I deduce from these indications that Jonathan likely to come off victorious both in the primary and general elections.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 14, 2010
excanny:

Somehow that amendment to the electoral act for more delegates for GJ has found its way again into the floor of the NASS for a second hearing.

I have a feeling that these are all maneuvers for GJ to win the primary. I think somebody is working hard behind the scenes to ensure Jonathan.

I deduce from these indications that Jonathan likely to come off victorious both in the primary and general elections.

The bill will fail again.

The reason it keeps coming back is because between David Mark and Jonathan Goodluck one of them is in the other persons pocket.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by SapeleGuy: 7:08pm On Nov 14, 2010
blacksta:

it is so bloody obvious that the present crop can not even win in their states talk less of the entire nation and the only alternative is to rig elections.

Seconded.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by jason12345: 7:13pm On Nov 14, 2010
blacksta:

thrid!
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by geolabious(m): 7:46pm On Nov 14, 2010
Yes He Can even without rigging the election. But he should forget it totally if he wont be a PDP candidate
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by excanny: 8:20pm On Nov 14, 2010
mikeansy:

The reason it keeps coming back is because between David Mark and Jonathan Goodluck one of them is in the other persons pocket.

It wouldn't be quite different from what Obama was alleged to have done to the Congress to get the health bill passed.

www.chicagopatientadvocates.com/201003/how-did-obama-bribe-his-way-to-getting-the-health-bill-passed/
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 14, 2010
excanny:

It wouldn't be quite different from what Obama was alleged to have done to the Congress to get the health bill passed.

www.chicagopatientadvocates.com/201003/how-did-obama-bribe-his-way-to-getting-the-health-bill-passed/

You are comparing a Health bill to exploiting your office to get your employees to be your electorate?

Folks stop comparing Jonathan to Obama, its a comparison between darkness and light.

One is selfish, the other is selfless.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Blazay(m): 8:45pm On Nov 14, 2010
No Nigerian politician ever accomplished victory against the masses without it.
GEJ should not be an exception.
Please fellow Nigerians, sit in your homes and don't waste your time casting your meaningless votes.
The president has already won his race.
You cannot unseat an incumbent president in Nigeria.
Only in civilized countries can that happen.

If GEJ loses this once in a life time presidential bid, he would have proved me right.

He would be the biggest loser and coward in Nigerian history.
If OBJ and IBB could pull it off, this is the ONE chance the Southern part of Nigeria has to show some courage.

How is it possible that sugar is put in your mouth and you have someone else ask you to spit it out.
No way to Hosannah in the Highest.

The angels are singing, Hossannah in the Highest. grin

The North has had their turn.
The West has had their turn,

Now it is the turn of the South.

Who say NdiIgbo will not carry last. cheesy

Ndi-Igbi be "Agbe-Ekpos". Always carrying last.

Not even as the First Lady of Nigeria. No, Miriam IBB is not the real Igbo. She is from Asaba.

Let us see if we can get a president for Nigeria and his First Lady from Owerri, Aba, Onitsha or Nnewi.

The world will surely come to an end. For Nigeria will be worse than Aba. cheesy
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by excanny: 9:16pm On Nov 14, 2010
^^^

What has Ndigbo got to do with what we are discussing? lol
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Blazay(m): 9:33pm On Nov 14, 2010
^^^

excanny:

^^^

What has Ndigbo got to do with what we are discussing? lol

A lot. If they do not want to carry last and remain 'Chinese Merchants' for ever and ever. grin
They should help GEJ rig the elections so they can form their own South-East alliance like the North-West had done for ages.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by excanny: 9:38pm On Nov 14, 2010
^^^

Ok. The advice is not needed. Can you now allow others to continue with their discussion before your interruption?
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 14, 2010
Blazay:

^^^

A lot. If they do not want to carry last and remain 'Chinese Merchants' for ever and ever. grin
They should help GEJ rig the elections so they can form their own South-East alliance like the North-West had done for ages.

You will not get the votes of Ndigbo by bullying. It sure won't fly.

When some people stood up for their rights against the Hegemony 40years ago, your folks were busy shouting ONE NIGERIA.

Now you want to divide Nigeria into who is your ally and who is not merely because Jonathan is in the hot seat. Trust me it wont work. We are all living in your One Nigeria and we must all love it.

If Jonathan is the best candidate he will be re-elected. If he is not the rest of Nigeria will not vote for Jonathan and no amount of bullying or blackmail will change the facts.

He has surely lost the votes of myself and my household.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by jason12345: 10:00pm On Nov 14, 2010
mikeansy:

When some people stood up for their rights against the Hegemony 40years ago, your folks were busy shouting ONE NIGERIA.

Now you want to divide Nigeria into who is your ally and who is not merely because Jonathan is in the hot seat. Trust me it wont work. We are all living in your One Nigeria and we must all love it.

If Jonathan is the best candidate he will be re-elected. If he is not the rest of Nigeria will not vote for Jonathan and no amount of bullying or blackmail will change the facts.

same here. but we al know the election will be rigged! c'mon, this is an opportunity of a life time for the ss
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Blazay(m): 10:02pm On Nov 14, 2010
excanny:

^^^

Ok. The advice is not needed. Can you now allow others to continue with their discussion before your interruption?

You will thank me someday. When you find your behind under the 'suya-man's' knife again. Learn to pick worthy allies.
This is your LAST chance to chant 'ONE BIAFRA'. grin

Help GEJ rig the elections like IBB helped OBJ. Now OBJ is returning the favor. wink You wanna bet who OBJ is gonna rule for come 2011? IBB of course.

mikeansy:

Dream on partner.
I never knew Nigerians voted for the best candidates on any level of the political horizon.
So, how did OBJ and Yaradua get your votes?

Until that oil dries up, we will forever remain ONE NIGERIA, then kick you out like rotten banana peels.
I love it.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 14, 2010
Rigging elections are like military coups, You need a significant base support to triumph. If in a 2 man race, you need at least 30% while you rig for the remaining at least 21% to cross the 50% mark.

Its easier for OBJ or Yar'adua to rig elections in Nigeria for obvious reasons. They have a real base and are from majority ethnic groups in a country where ethnicity and tribalism matters in politics.

Jonathan needed to create a base for himself. His base needed to be a coalition of people who have consience, want something good, stand for the truth, want good policies, wanted genuine reform of politics or elections. Jonathan's politics also needed to radiate grace.

As we speak Jonathan has failed to create or craft that base for himself.

80% of the total votes Jonathan will get will be by rigging, if he is to win this election. With a Statistics like that it will be too difficult for him to pull off and if he does manage to pull it off he will find the country ungovernable.

2011 is certainly different from 2007. Incumbent Jonathan Goodluck can certainly loose.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Blazay(m): 10:28pm On Nov 14, 2010
mikeansy:

2011 is certainly different from 2007.

Herein lies the magnitude of your socio-political naivety.
I am truly sorry for you.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 14, 2010
Trust me you are more naive than I am.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Blazay(m): 10:37pm On Nov 14, 2010
mikeansy:

Trust me you are more naive than I am.

We shall see. 2011 is less than 60 days away.

It is gonna be GEJ Vs IBB.

Now, pick the 'better' candidate. wink

Either way, OBJ wins. wink
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by aljharem(m): 10:43pm On Nov 14, 2010
Blazay:

We shall see. 2011 is less than 60 days away.

It is gonna be GEJ Vs IBB.

Now, pick the 'better' candidate. wink

Either way, OBJ wins. wink

gbam

obj win, the acting between obj and ibb is just mere show

it is going to be impossible for jonathan to win when him and obj are not in good terms

the northerners will definatlly not vote for jonathan

yorubas will definatally not vot for jonathan

some igbos might and might not vot for jonathan

all ss states would vote for him

all in all he will not win
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by bones1(m): 10:56pm On Nov 14, 2010
I don't know about you lot but I personally strongly think that GEJ can win the 2011 general elections (assuming he successfully scales through the PDP primaries) fair and square without having to resort to rigging of the elections.

There is no doubt that presently GEJ is the front runner in his party and among the candidates of the other political parties.  You may ask why -

He has age on his side, he is sincere (or at least is perceived to be so). he does not have a (known)  bad track record or baggage which is now somewhat of  a liability in Nigerian politics of today; and he is actually a politician with a difference. People are impressed with the fact that he did not bribe, scheme or plot his way to become President of the country - a usual occurence in Nigeria.

All he has to do which I can actually see him and his team begin to do is sell himself to the nation -  state by state, region by region extending to every town, city, hamlet, etc knowing that he will need every single vote he can get from all nooks and crannies of the country. This is due to the fact that the 2011 elections are very likely to be a significant departure from all other elections held in Nigeria - they will be held peacefully, transparently with a massive turn out as a significant percentage of Nigerians are being sensitized to register and they will vote; vote for GEJ !

There is no doubt that in order to secure his victory his team will have to horse trade with a couple of interest blocs - we the electorate will allow this as long as he does not mortgage his conscience (or our future,) which up until the present moment is clean and pure.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by marcdunu: 11:32pm On Nov 14, 2010
OBJ's 3rd term agenda was on track untill the moment it came to actually cast the votes, a lot changed. 3rd term agenda crashed. I see Jonathan crumbling like a pack of cards in the 11th hour.

At the most deciding moment, the South East Governors who will be going for their 2nd term in office will remember that if Zoning is upheld and IBB is elected to power then there is a chance that some of them will play very crucial roles in whoever will emerge in 2015 since they the SE Governors will be completing their two terms in office by then. At that point these Governors will uphold their future over whatever pact they currently have with GEJ.

Ignore all the psycophancy and the milking of GEJ going on.

At that moment Gov Sylva will jump ship so that Jonathan will stop controlling him, Oyinlola will remember that IBB was his man in the Army and this whole noise will come down crumbling. Isa Yuguda will at that time remember that he can not take a direction different from the will of the rest of the political establishment in Bauchi and then Nigeria will make history. Unsitting an incumbent President for the first time.

I see the Thabo Mbeki treatment in the ANC on the way. The question is, who will be Nigeria's Jacob Zuma of the PDP?
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by MaiSuya(m): 12:10am On Nov 15, 2010
I do believe GEJ can win without rigging (not that I'd vote 4 him anyway). whether [i]he [/i]believes that is another issue altogether.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Blazay(m): 2:16am On Nov 15, 2010
alj harem:

gbam

obj win, the acting between obj and ibb is just mere show

it is going to be impossible for jonathan to win when him and obj are not in good terms

the northerners will definatlly not vote for jonathan

yorubas will definatally not vot for jonathan

some igbos might and might not vot for jonathan

all ss states would vote for him

all in all he will not win

OBJ remains the one true winner and will escape crimes against humanity till he enters his grave. He knows he cannot trust GEJ with power for another 4 years and sleep well at night. grin

A deal made in the barracks remains a deal. Barrack boys rule Nigeria, never mind they are in 'agbada' now. wink

Please, educate them. For my people die for want of knowledge.
Perfect analysis. For you know your ONE NIGERIANS to the bones. wink

Well done.

Small wonder you have the likes of Dokpesi, Oshiomole and Ojukwu to mention a few clamouring for the IBB camp. You think they are fools?

The reason I preferred Atiku. Obviously, pairing a ANY Northerner against GEJ ensures GEJ will lose. Count Ribadu out. Ribadu may be the 'people's' choice, but he is not the choice of the powers that be.

Simple analysis. I should get paid for all these. cool
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by bones1(m): 2:40am On Nov 15, 2010
Marcdunu

Your analysis is quite intriguing and more along the lines of a John le Carre  novel.

However, I am sure most of  the pieces will eventually fall one by one into place for the successful and fair election of GEJ as the next President of Nigeria.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Nobody: 3:34am On Nov 15, 2010
marcdunu:

OBJ's 3rd term agenda was on track untill the moment it came to actually cast the votes, a lot changed. 3rd term agenda crashed. I see Jonathan crumbling like a pack of cards in the 11th hour.

At the most deciding moment, the South East Governors who will be going for their 2nd term in office will remember that if Zoning is upheld and IBB is elected to power then there is a chance that some of them will play very crucial roles in whoever will emerge in 2015 since they the SE Governors will be completing their two terms in office by then. At that point these Governors will uphold their future over whatever pact they currently have with GEJ.

Ignore all the psycophancy and the milking of GEJ going on.

At that moment Gov Sylva will jump ship so that Jonathan will stop controlling him, Oyinlola will remember that IBB was his man in the Army and this whole noise will come down crumbling. Isa Yuguda will at that time remember that he can not take a direction different from the will of the rest of the political establishment in Bauchi and then Nigeria will make history. Unsitting an incumbent President for the first time.

I see the Thabo Mbeki treatment in the ANC on the way. The question is, who will be Nigeria's Jacob Zuma of the PDP?

PDP already has a Jacod Zuma

Sai Atiku!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Beaf: 3:40am On Nov 15, 2010
^
That man looks like a zombie from a horror movie! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by rekeson: 1:13pm On Nov 15, 2010
Beaf:

^
That man looks like a zombie from a horror movie! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Heheheheheheeheheheheeheheheheeheheheheehehehehe
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by rekeson: 1:17pm On Nov 15, 2010
mikeansy:

Rigging elections are like military coups, You need a significant base support to triumph. If in a 2 man race, you need at least 30% while you rig for the remaining at least 21% to cross the 50% mark.

Its easier for OBJ or Yar'adua to rig elections in Nigeria for obvious reasons. They have a real base and are from majority ethnic groups in a country where ethnicity and tribalism matters in politics.

Jonathan needed to create a base for himself. His base needed to be a coalition of people who have consience, want something good, stand for the truth, want good policies, wanted genuine reform of politics or elections. Jonathan's politics also needed to radiate grace.

As we speak Jonathan has failed to create or craft that base for himself.

80% of the total votes Jonathan will get will be by rigging, if he is to win this election. With a Statistics like that it will be too difficult for him to pull off and if he does manage to pull it off he will find the country ungovernable.

2011 is certainly different from 2007. Incumbent Jonathan Goodluck can certainly loose.
Hmmm that will be an impossibity o. U can't be 2 sure of that.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by rekeson: 1:22pm On Nov 15, 2010
My own opinion is even if Gej rigs and win, the country will be ungovernable 4 him.
Re: Can Gej Become The President Without Rigging The Elections? by Nsiman(m): 1:32pm On Nov 15, 2010
Yes he can!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chris Uba Goes Gaga, Punches & Beats National Pdp Deputy Chairman, Olisa Metu / I Didn't Say God Asked Me To Run - Bakare / Expatriates Kidnapped Off Nigeria Freed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.