Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,385 members, 7,913,958 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 03:12 PM

Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? (11181 Views)

My Funny Experience With Black Girls In Uk Club / This Gotta Be One Of The Prettiest Black Girls I've Ever Come Across... / Reasons Why Ladies Make It Difficult To Get Under Their Pants In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Sagamite(m): 11:58pm On Nov 20, 2010
kay177:

SECURITY REPORT UPDATE,  some group of women from US where arrested my men of the security Outfit called M I 5,  Report has it that these women were on a revenge mission,   To protest against what is being discussed about them,  they have been arrested and detained for  further questioning,  Thanks

Which room are they in?

Drop the keys and excuse me.
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by MissyB3(f): 11:59pm On Nov 20, 2010
yang:

Methinks its more of a Failure on the part of the guys than the girls.
C'mon man. . . . . . . . Is it a woman's fault that she is pursuing/already obtained a post grad degree. . . . . . . . Should she be blamed that the marryable young men are stuck in Jail. . . . . . . . . I think all the stats point to the failure on the part of the guys.

I'm sorry but You really can't keep blaming the Ladies for trying to be successful. Tell the men to sit up, stay out of jail and accept responsibility if she's pregnant.
Lol!
I could hug you for this. grin grin

Odunnu:

I innocently adviced her to take a break,come back home and stay a while,that i'm positive she'l get a guy.
Coming 'home' is a solution? Of course she may get men hovering around her, like bees around honey but . . .  Na all men be men? undecided  Are they what she wants? What are their motives for coming around? Going to Naija or having men approach one doesn't even guarantee one a ring.

Odunnu:

But seriously,the black woman, not just in America but the 'western world' has a higher probability of dying single.
False!
What is/are your reason(s)?
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Sagamite(m): 12:03am On Nov 21, 2010
ikamefa:

undecided
come why black american gals   undecided undecided

all 'em britico gals nko? i guess they're all married and getting pregnant yearly?  undecided

UK girls do not have too much of a problem.

- Young black men have not killed each other to the point where there are more women than men.

- Free and/or cheap education makes it possible that a lot of black guys at least have a degree.

- The UK governance system is not gong-ho on jailing, so alot of peeps are not in jail

- The blacks are more dominated by Nigerians and Ghanians, who generally are more serious and dedicated in achievement and academics.

Definitey not as bad as US.

1 Like

Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by tpia5: 12:08am On Nov 21, 2010
Sagamite:

I think it is black men.

White men mainly marry white or Asian.

white men are the champions when it comes to extra racial dating and marriage.

regardless which race is being referred to.

however, they may have passed on the baton to black men.
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Sagamite(m): 12:14am On Nov 21, 2010
tpia@:

white men are the champions when it comes to extra racial dating and marriage.

regardless which race is being referred to.

however, they may have passed on the baton to black men.

I think it might only appear so but they are using "proportion" of people and since whites are majority at 80% of the population, they are likely to be more visible as the mass in interracial relationships would be high but that might not mean proportion is higher.

Blacks only make up 13%.
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by tpia5: 12:20am On Nov 21, 2010
true.
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by ikamefa(f): 12:26am On Nov 21, 2010
Sagamite:

UK girls do not have too much of a problem.

- Young black men have not killed each other to the point where there are more women than men.

- Free and/or cheap education makes it possible that a lot of black guys at least have a degree.

- The UK governance system is not gong-ho on jailing, so alot of peeps are not in jail

- The blacks are more dominated by Nigerians and Ghanians, who generally are more serious and dedicated in achievement and academics.

Definitey not as bad as US.

aight i hear you Mr statistician IMO this issue of black gals not being able to find a man has been over flogged, since

we are all about data and fear factor here.

where is your data on black sistas who opt out of marriage,homosexuals and all that ish?  smiley

for those who are very gullible threads like this tends to be fear inducing  cheesy cheesy

' nuff said.

2 Likes

Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Sagamite(m): 12:38am On Nov 21, 2010
ikamefa:

aight i hear you Mr statistician IMO this issue of black gals not being able to find a man has been over flogged, since

we are all about data and fear factor here.

where is your data on black sistas who opt out of marriage,homosexuals and all that ish?  smiley

for those who are very gullible threads like this tends to be fear inducing  cheesy cheesy

' nuff said.

Me, I am not a Romance section frequenter, so I am not aware of old threads. This thread has been on my mind for months since I jammed the report by accident but I have been lazy in putting it up.

Furthermore, when I went to USA and stopped over at Atlanta, I saw a hot black girl at the airport that was walking towards me, and since I recognise my Human Rights as protected by the United Nations declarations and ratifications Chapter 1. Section 04. Line 108, I was checking her out gently. When she got close, she said "Hi". I almost tripped and fell down as that kind of shyt don't happen in London, na frown you go chop. I was thinking, "F Lord, I know I am hot cheesy, but really I am not that hot grin".

I thought it was the clothes I was wearing. Jesus knows that became my favourite attire in my entire time in the States.

It is only recently, I say a video that says in Atlanta, there are 20 black women to 1 one black guy.  grin

So it is not fear factor, it is serious reality that black women in the States are facing in their lives today.

No matter what feminist might tell you, very few women want to opt out of marriage. Women love companionship, they crave it and seek it. They love commitment and like to share. So a LOT of women want to get married. Marriage is a woman thing.

1 Like

Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by tpia5: 12:44am On Nov 21, 2010
Furthermore, when I went to USA and stopped over at Atlanta, I saw a hot black girl at the airport that was walking towards me, and since I recognise my Human Rights as protected by the United Nations declarations and ratifications Chapter 1. Section 04. Line 108, I was checking her out softly. When she got close, she said "Hi". I almost tripped and fell down as that kind of shyt don't happen in London, na frown you go chop. I was thinking, "F Lord, I know I am hot , but really I am not that hot ".

I thought it was the clothes I was wearing. Jesus knows that became my favourite attire in my entire time in the States

^^so if you reach maryland/dc/virginia side you'll faint then.
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Sagamite(m): 12:49am On Nov 21, 2010
tpia@:

^^so if you reach maryland/dc/virginia side you'll faint then.

Abeg, I wan faint.  grin grin grin grin grin

That is the way me I like am. I no dey chase women, lets just get along.  grin

Maybe, I should look for Job for that side but their 14 days holiday a year is a NO-NO for me. I no fit live for that country except I am self-employed.

I remember meeting one old white guy from America holidaying in the UK in a hotel I was staying whilst working out of town. And being me, I struck up a conversation at breakfast and he told me about his life and vice versa, when I told him I was not married, the guy told me that if I was based in the US, the black girls would love me. grin I was thinking, wow, this is an old man (82) from WISCONSIN telling me this. grin
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by tpia5: 1:11am On Nov 21, 2010
^^yes, they'll love you until they catch you eyeing other ladies.

then the gloves come off.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-552543.0.html
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Sagamite(m): 1:20am On Nov 21, 2010
tpia@:

^^yes, they'll love you until they catch you eyeing other ladies.

then the gloves come off.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-552543.0.html

I am a faithful nigger.

I only exercise my UN rights to look. grin
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by ikamefa(f): 1:24am On Nov 21, 2010
i wonder why peeps keep on talking about ATL undecided

never knew t'was that bad out there undecided
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Sagamite(m): 1:27am On Nov 21, 2010
^^^ It is not bad at your area code?
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by ikamefa(f): 1:30am On Nov 21, 2010
nah its not grin In my neck of the woods .

Black gals don't un-sheath their fangs @ the slightest hint of male meat! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Nobody: 1:31am On Nov 21, 2010
Lol I'm sure it isn't THAT bad
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Sagamite(m): 1:33am On Nov 21, 2010
ikamefa:

nah its not grin In my neck of the woods .

Black gals don't un-sheath their fangs @ the slightest hint of male meat! grin grin grin

Are most sufficiently married or coupled?

Or it is single successful black women galore?
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by ikamefa(f): 1:40am On Nov 21, 2010
I'd say 50/ 50 smiley
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Nobody: 1:41am On Nov 21, 2010
i lay the blame squarely at the feet of:

1. the US welfare system - spawned a generation of black men who feel the society owes them and thus have no need to make themselves useful. You can always see this clueless boys/men at bus stops, barber shops e.t.c.

2. Breakdown of the family - how many of these men have any family structure to guide them growing up? Had to understand what responsibility means if your father was non-existent and your mother was hooked on crack, dressing like a teenager at 45.

3. The man himself - nuff said. Get an education and find a job.

4. The women - Most of them dont know what they want. They start out with irresponsible men just because they are attracted to the bling, the fun, the bad-boy image and completely forget they shld spend time planning for a future. By the time they are ready to settle down, the few good men have already disappeared.
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Sagamite(m): 1:42am On Nov 21, 2010
ikamefa:

I'd say 50/ 50  smiley

Gawd, I am scared.

I would be steak!!! [Straight face]  grin grin grin
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Sagamite(m): 1:43am On Nov 21, 2010
Very good list by davidylan!!!
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by ikamefa(f): 1:46am On Nov 21, 2010
Sagamite:

Gawd, I am scared.

I would be steak!!! [Straight face]  grin grin grin

^^^^^ " grin " se o gbadun sha?

davidylan:

i lay the blame squarely at the feet of:

1. the US welfare system - spawned a generation of black men who feel the society owes them and thus have no need to make themselves useful. You can always see this clueless boys/men at bus stops, barber shops e.t.c.

is david a republican ? " grin "
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Sagamite(m): 1:47am On Nov 21, 2010
ikamefa:

^^^^^ " grin " se o gbadun sha?

I am Sagamite aka "mo ni issues" grin
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by CyberG: 1:50am On Nov 21, 2010
Guys. . .this is a VERY good thread to discuss and I've been considering doing the same thing in more detail as I think I did a thread like this in the past but not down to the statistics you gave. Guys, you won't believe my experience on my way from Nigeria flying through the US with a REALLY fantastic babe but the thing get as he be on the long run!

I think I will be moving to the US fully soon as I finish my present goal. Abeg, where can I be assured a solid combination of a VERY good job (with lots of money, never worry if I'm qualified enough), not too much guns ringing all the time and a LOT of BEAUTIFUL black girls? Abeg, the less the snow the better. . . grin grin grin Any ideas?
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Nobody: 1:51am On Nov 21, 2010
ikamefa:

is david a republican ? "  grin "

a dyed-in-the wool democrat who is just tired of the excuse making from folks who dont value the privileges of living in a functioning society.
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by ikamefa(f): 1:53am On Nov 21, 2010
CyberG:

Guys. . .this is a VERY good thread to discuss and I've been considering doing the same thing in more detail as I think I did a thread like this in the past but not down to the statistics you gave. Guys, you won't believe my experience on my way from Nigeria flying through the US with a REALLY fantastic babe but the thing get as he be on the long run!

I think I will be moving to the US fully soon as I finish my present goal. Abeg, where can I be assured a solid combination of a VERY good job (with lots of money, never worry if I'm qualified enough), not too much guns ringing all the time and a LOT of BEAUTIFUL black girls? Abeg, the less the snow the better. . . grin grin grin Any ideas?

ol boy move to Arizona

enjoy full ground grin grin grin

davidylan:

a dyed-in-the wool democrat who is just tired of the excuse making from folks who dont value the privileges of living in a functioning society.

ok! cheesy
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by CyberG: 1:57am On Nov 21, 2010
Ikamefa. . .please, please I'm not gonna die before my time! Arizona of ALL places? Okay tell me why?

BTW, I know the US in my own way, so it's not that I am stuck somewhere. But give reasons to move there, if you will, . . .it will be nice. grin grin
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Nobody: 1:59am On Nov 21, 2010
cyberg dont derail the thread pls, feel free to start a thread titled after you.
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by TEXASGIRL(f): 3:29am On Nov 21, 2010
Most of your statistics seem correct or close. Another important one is that 72% of all babies born to black women here are born to unmarried mothers. Of all the black women I know only a small handful of them are married. A few more live with their boyfriends. I have no idea what the reason it or what the answer is but it is a sad situation and I feel for the ones who do want a good man but can't find one.
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by wksi: 3:53am On Nov 21, 2010
One other issue is that most African/American guys have no plans to get married.  I have met a number of them and had raised this issue with them, but most of them take the view that tying oneself down with a woman is not worth it when you can make babies if you want with as many women as you want.  I have a friend (African/American guy) who has been living with his gf for more than 5 years, and the unwritten rule is that there can be no marriage in the relationship.    Many are like that.  Thus, my point is that real akata guys have no family values and do not have marriage in their agenda, and my little observation is that white guys do not find black girls as marriage materials.  Some want to test the African "puny" in secret but would not go further than that

A good number of Nigerian guys I know in the states are ready to get married but they can't just fined a good candidate.  Black girls are not helping matters.  In NYC where I live, I have met a couple of black ladies, some are Nigerians, born in America with clear knowledge of where they come from (I mean original root). These set of ladies are so full of themselves that a serious guy who is busy may not want to waste his time talking to them.  The first attitude they would give you when you talk to them with the intention of starting a relationship is that you are looking for papers.  Especially if you are a postgraduate student who may have just spent 1 or 2 years in America.  Black guys now ignore them and look the way of adventurous oyibo friendly ladies who are all over black guys.  One of my Nigerian friends here is getting married in January next year with his sweet white lady who adores him like a king.  I have decided that in the fullness of time, I will not patronize any of our black sisters in the US because some of them have very bad attitude, unless I become lucky to meet good one.  But for the ones I have met here in NYC, no way!.  It kills me when I meet a Nigerian girl with typical Nigerian traditional name, and you are like, your name sounds "Ekiti" or "Igbo" or "Delta", and her snappy response would be "No! am from here".  One day I nearly passed out when one of the current Nigerian governors came to our school to present a paper, and after the paper, some of us who are from "Africa" went to him to exchange pleasantries, and he sought to know our names and where we came from.  It came to the turn of one of such girls I am talking about, with a typical local Nigerian name she told the governor that she is from Long Island, the governor now responded swiftly in humor, "but you do not look like them".

My point is that if black ladies think that there is a problem, they should come down from their high horses and be more friendly towards their black brothers to enhance their chance of getting hooked up.    Desperate situation demands desperate measures, and it is so sad that the ones that seem to be a little friendly are in their mid 30s and early 40s, and I bigging to wonder if they had been this nice all these while and yet remain single.

3 Likes

Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by Nobody: 4:02am On Nov 21, 2010
TEXASGIRL:

Most of your statistics seem correct or close. Another important one is that 72% of all babies born to black women here are born to unmarried mothers. Of all the black women I know only a small handful of them are married. A few more live with their boyfriends. I have no idea what the reason it or what the answer is but it is a sad situation and I feel for the ones who do want a good man but can't find one.

I have tried to answer the question but i come up short all the time. Its quite sad . . . i find it so hard to wrap my head around a man having a child and being ok with the child living miles away and only getting to see him/her once in 3 months. How do these folks live with themselves? Is not the purpose of working hard to earn a living such that you can be stable enough to provide for another life?

On the other hand i have very little sympathy for black women . . . it seems they enjoy being stupid. It seems the in-thing now is to parade single-motherhood with pride. The unspoken truth is that 99% of them regret it in future. How do they explain to this child why he/she has no father in his life? Anyway rant over!
Re: Black Girls In America, Is It True That It Is Difficult To Find A Man? by CyberG: 4:07am On Nov 21, 2010
^^^ Well said o Wksi! Look, it's the same thing over here, truth be told. But guess what? I have met several black ladies, from Nigeria and other places and they are NOT getting married after years of waiting. While some guys may need papers, it is not everyone that wants a woman to obtain any papers but the shakara they go take you do? You go wish you were in Nigeria where people still have some sort of family values.

I can honestly say that I know some Nigerian girls here and years since after I met them, I have seen them in clubs for hookups (I was there with someone else), I have talked to some as friends or when I was not dating but after all said and done, everyone goes their way. The funny thing is whenever I see any of them (and I can swear to it, although I don't in reality), they look totally different (you know what I mean, no offense)! Some were really pretty then and they were practically waiting for the "perfect" man to show-up while walking away from all the people in normal life. You see them and while some of them may even be older than you, how will they feel when they see younger guys and older guys bypass them and marry someone else (most likely younger) and they are looking old and fat while you are even looking younger??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Are Most Broke Guys More Loving Than Those With Extra Cash? / Why Do Women Always Want To "Marry Up"? / Dear God Please Give Me A Foreign Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.