Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,875 members, 7,876,324 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:52 PM

10 Powerful Women Executives Share How To Thrive As A Leader - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 10 Powerful Women Executives Share How To Thrive As A Leader (396 Views)

Let us share how we make money online. / How To Train Your Employees To Thrive As Managers / Uju Ifejika listed among six most powerful women in oil and gas in the World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

10 Powerful Women Executives Share How To Thrive As A Leader by Kelben: 4:33pm On Dec 13, 2019
Leading a large company can be challenging. At the same time, it can be an opportunity for tremendous personal and professional growth.

Authority Magazine recently ran an interview series called “Women of the C-Suite,” where hundreds of women executives shared the leadership lessons about how one can thrive both personally and professionally in a leadership position.

Authority Magazine

My advice — is to not always follow advice. Look inside yourself for your answers. I learned this lesson when I was an undergraduate at the University of California Berkeley and was trying to zero in on my major. I liked math, especially statistics, and wanted to pursue it more. I especially liked the way numbers had their own truth, the way they could tell a story. All that ended abruptly on the day that the dean unleashed his dose of professorial advice. I can’t remember his exact words, but the message was loud and clear: “Don’t major in statistics; you don’t have the grades; try something less demanding.” As a young woman, I believed this man — and abandoned all hopes of becoming a mathematician. Was he right or wrong about my abilities? Honestly, I don’t know (although I suspect he was wrong, given that I went on to have a successful career in finance). But I definitely know that he was wrong to discourage me from finding out. Yes, it’s smart to seek guidance from others who are in a position to know more than you do. And yes, it helps to consider different perspectives, ideas and points of view. But remember never to let anyone discourage you from pursuing something (or someone) that you love. Don’t let anyone trample your curiosity. Listen to yourself! Read more here>>http://www.successdigestonline.com/10-powerful-women-executives-share-how-to-thrive-as-a-leader/

Re: 10 Powerful Women Executives Share How To Thrive As A Leader by beresponsible(m): 4:40pm On Dec 13, 2019
Keep good company. Number 1 rule

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Start And Build A Dropshipping Business In Nigeria Today / Canadian Cronos For Paint Production For Sale / Join A Better Meme Page For Better Smile Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.