Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,011 members, 7,903,223 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 08:13 AM

Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan (2611 Views)

Jonathan Meets Igbo Leaders & Elders In Lagos (photos) / Obiano Sacks Aide Over Jonathan’s Re-Election Jingle / Fani-kayode, Momodu, Others Confused Over Purported Iyabo Obasanjo’s Letter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by koruji(m): 5:12am On Nov 29, 2010
You are kind of tying yourself up in a knot. How is GEJ turning more states over to ACN? PDP rigged the election, and justice is being finally served. Not interferring with justice is what GEJ should do and is doing. It is exactly because your calculations are based on short-cuts that you keep missing the train, since you don't really know what is between here and there.

You think Atiku winning the election would be better than GEJ winning it. Let me tell you - either way they are going to go for 8 years, the same with Buhari & Ribadu, and IBB if he were candidate (which he is still trying to find a way to be).

You have to take your stand on the basis of unchangeable concerns - well-being of your people. Perhaps producing a Nigerian president is the definition of your people's well-being, in which case you are onto something the rest of the country that has produced the presidents are not aware of.

All we have to do in Nigeria is to promote a vigorous campaign that allows each individual as they enter the voting booth in 2011 to choose the best candidate. All these attempts to win before the election, not based on manifestoes and plans, are a disservice and will not end well.

Months ago it seemed to me that the best approach for the SE was to present its own most qualified candidate - it is getting late in the day at this point. Instead the governors issued a public statement that the SE will stay out of the contest for 2011. I pity the SE because there are a 1001 scenarios under any of the candidates in which SE presidency in 2015 will be a non-issue. The one I pray for is where we elect someone in 2011 so good that even the SE would say take a second term! The only compelling basis for a president from any region is that he is the best candidate.

KenGali:

Politics is a game that should never be played with too much definitness. The SE is being too definite
I have no problem with the Ohaneze's declaration for GEj, infact I like the fact that SE Politician are evenly split off the two sides. The important thing i their ability to act in unison when it matters most(vote casting). It means we can always go with whomever we wish.
But we all know that PDP primaries is the most important thing in Nigerian politics. For that, it is our Governors that hold our aces. They have the onerous task of deciding which direction our we should be heading and making it effective by acting as a block.

While I must say that the emmergence of Atiku is significant and can be a game changer, I am weary of the following:
1. The North winning this election will re-inforce their sense of being indomitable but is the only true sure way of giving the east a shot at the presidency.

2. GEJ winning this election makes OBJ more powerful than I would really like. OBJ habour a strong anti east sentiment that I would never wish to allow flourish.

3. I am weary of the cross and burn the bridge mentallity of OBJ's SW base on which GEJ leans too much. If I should follow  their  anticidents, I would say that we should expect to be used and dumped by GEJ. For a while i had the impression that Gej has weaned himself off OBJ, but ome recent events tell me otherwise.

We might also be running the risk of supporting a move that will make the SW too strong in the Nigerian Equation. Our ability to survive the civil war is because of the tripod structure, it is not yet time to allow that fade away.

4. I am also weary of the fact that GEJ is turning over more states to the ACN, this tells me that if he loses the primaries in PDP, he will not hesitate to destroy the party. PDP is more important to the SE than even GEJ himself.  No matter what happens PDP must remain a national party, so we must have a solution  for either the North or GEJ trying to destroy PDP. (If you recall our only link in AC is Ngige, who followed ATIKU to AC to escape OBJ, now ATIKU is back to PDP we will be foolish to allow something that will suddenly turn AC into a National Party, even the mid-west is not running AC but LP)

5. If ATIKU wins  this election, it means the West, North and epecially North East, South South have all had a shot at the presidency, this will allow us make a case for our-selves in the next 8 year while at the same time serving as VP for the period. If Obj does not respect zoning, and is GEJ’s tutor, how can we be assured that GEJ will respect any agreements or promises, OBJ never did. We cannot give up our shot at the presidency and also loose the reintegration of the former east that we have been loooking foreward to.

From sentiments GEJ is the man, from Logic and reality ATIKU should be the man. OBJ spoils GEJ’s game full time Ekwueme understands this.  Those with the aces should take into account privy info and decide where we pitch our tents

Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by Turbulence: 5:16am On Nov 29, 2010
ibo , ha
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by Blazay(m): 5:16am On Nov 29, 2010
mens dept

Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan
« #16 on: Today at 02:21:30 AM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Giving the slot of Vice to an Igbo wont solve the neglect you find in the SE/SS. Have Igbo people turned so gullible and cowardly that the offer of 2nd is equated with victory?

Every election since 1999, those from the SE have had no vision whatsoever to promote the well-being of their people (and Naija at large).

Instead, it is "Wait till 2003, wait for 2007, wait for 2011, wait for 2015", and so on and so forth. At that rate an Ghanian will become president of Naija before an Igbo person.

The governors (including the already confused Orji) are confused, Ohaneze confused for a record 4th election, Igbo senators/reps confused, and you wonder why finalizing projects in the East (aka Int'l Airport, roads, bridges) take forever, and why Northerners and Yorubas like to promise comical items to Easterners.

Easterners, organize among yourselves for this election, and hold your leaders accountable

There are too many funny posts on this NL of a joint to keep one in stitches for years.
This is one of them.

Sadly funny, but true. cheesy grin
The reason I asked earlier on why a state like Anambra had so many governors in so few years without being a PDP flag-bearer. The state claimed to be distinctively APGA, but with strong influences from Ota. Now, kidnappers are rampaging the whole Eastern region worse than any part of Nigeria. We are talking crimes committed against the Easterners, by the Easterners themselves.
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 5:25am On Nov 29, 2010
These were thesame governors who adopted Jonathan amidst controversy even before his declaration.Re-adopted him again after declaration.
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by Blazay(m): 5:43am On Nov 29, 2010
Yup. The same govornors who allowed OBJ to cause so much confusion in their states, are supporting Jonathan.
We now hear that Jonathan is from the East.
Who needs the "Uba" bandits(both short and tall ones, from the same mother) with allegiance to Ota and Okija simultaneously anymore, when you have a Jonathan from the East? grin
What a group of people I tell you.
So greeeeeedy, they easily lose focus of anything tangible.
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by Omenani(m): 6:11am On Nov 29, 2010
The Igbo vote is divided! angry

We do not speak with one voice, and "things fall apart."
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by Egele713(m): 6:15am On Nov 29, 2010
im waiting for the time when the presidency is decided by who would do the most good for the country as a whole and not a matter of the tribe the person is from
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by Omenani(m): 6:15am On Nov 29, 2010
Egele713:

im waiting for the time when the presidency is decided by who would do the most good for the country as a whole and not a matter of the tribe the person is from

You will be waiting for a long time. And it will most likely not happen during your lifetime. This is the African way to vote. Nigeria is not different from other African nations.
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by Egele713(m): 6:18am On Nov 29, 2010
Omenani:

You will be waiting for a long time. And it will most likely not happen during your lifetime. This is the African way to vote. Nigeria is not different from other African nations.
why cant the change come when we're around? i mean the world is leaving Nigeria behind, we need change in all aspects of the word. besides i never say never. you never know it could be someone from this NL that makes it happen
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by MetalGong4: 6:28am On Nov 29, 2010
It is just a matter of time - those naive Governors will soon withdraw their endorsement of GEJ. . . .

Atiku/Soludo or Atiku/Nnamani 2011!!!!!
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by fstranger: 6:31am On Nov 29, 2010
If Atiku/soludo or Atiku/Nnemani succeeds in 2011, then you'd better forget about Igbo presidency in 2015
If thats what you prefer, be ready to live with its aftermath
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by Blazay(m): 6:35am On Nov 29, 2010
^^^

And the other option is?
At least Ndi-Igbo would have tasted the VP.
Then again, who says Atiku could not quench naturally, servicing those 4 wives and Genevieve every week while in office?
Not everyman is as 'tough' as Baba(King Kong of Kongo shinnings) OBJ ke.
Abi? grin
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by fstranger: 6:39am On Nov 29, 2010
^^^

Atiku/someone from the SS 2011
Let Atiku complete Yar'adua's tenure

So that 2015 can be reserved for the Igbos

Lets follow this zoning thing to the letter
Anything short of zoning is going to spell doom for the Igbos
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by Egele713(m): 6:41am On Nov 29, 2010
you people know this zoning thing is a civil war waiting to happen abi? cause it wont work
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by Blazay(m): 6:45am On Nov 29, 2010
Atiku has passed the stage of half a term president.
That would have made sense if a notherner replaced Yaradua immediately after his departure.
Not the constitution.

See all the problems caused by OBJ for not sticking with the zoning plan?

Now, there is no way to fix it but a miracle.

We have zoning and it is not working.
If we do not have zoning, welcome to chaos and military rule all over again.

Naija na wah.
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by Dede1(m): 6:47am On Nov 29, 2010
Onlytruth:

‘Only Jonathan presidency good for Igbo’

From FRANCIS AWOWOLE-BROWNE, Abuja
Monday, November 29, 2010

Igbo Redemption Group (IRG) is a non-political group but committed to the emancipation of the Igbo race. It aims at redeeming the ethnic nationality from marginalization and relegation to the background in the scheme of things in Nigeria.

Faced with which direction the Igbo should go in 2011, where its interest will be served best in the emerging political scenario, the group, headed by the renowned lawyer, Chief Chimezie Ikeazor (SAN) has pitched its tent with the umbrella body of the Igbo, Ohaneze Ndigbo, in the decision to support President Goodluck Jonathan for the 2011 presidential election. Of course the position of the two bodies is at variance with the views of the Igbo Political Leaders Forum (IPLF), headed by Chief Simon Okeke.

The forum which claimed to be negotiating the Presidency for the Igbo for 2015 had seen its prominent members aligning with some of the presidential aspirants from the North, a development that the IRG said had given them away as to where they are driving to. National publicity secretary of the IRG, Delly Ajufo, said any Igbo leader who could not read in between the lines to see that only the Jonathan Presidency in 2011 offers a ray hopes for the actualization of the Igbo agenda politically is not a genuine leader:

“They are being driven by personal ambition and not necessarily the desire to have an Igbo Presidency. In any event, we have since discovered that those who are saying Igbo should not support Jonathan are preparing themselves for a Vice-President position with a candidate from the North, which they know Jonathan Presidency cannot offer them for now.” Ajufo explained that the IRP was out mainly to advance the cause of the Ndigbo and in doing this they found that the situation on ground favours Jonathan and from whose Presidency he believed Igbo could have a better bargain for the nearest future.

The redemption group, he said, has no interest in any political arrangement other than the one that will benefit Igbo in the unfolding political calculations. Ajufo noted that the Igbo though have endured colossal injustice and marginalization and have paid the supreme price for the indivisibility and prosperity of Nigeria, the present clamour for the number one position in Nigeria could not be achieved by coercion or bullying by any group:

“We didn’t just wake up and say Jonathan should be the Igbo choice. We believe very strongly that any consideration for a President by the Redemption Group must be based on the Igbo core issues which are premised on; the doctrine of true federalism made up of the centre, six geo-political zones and states as the federating units should be the political compass for a peaceful and united Nigeria.
“Fiscal federalism based on the principle of derivation and equality of the zones which is the essence of democratic Nigeria.

Equal number of states among the six geo-political zones to guarantee fairness and justice in the allocation of our God given resources as well as fair and equal distribution of infrastructures, perquisites and privileges to ensure even development and level playing field. “Rotational presidency among the six geo-political zones in a manner that will address previous injustices and lopsidedness should be the final bastion of good faith.”

Atiku as a PDP northern consensus presidential aspirant “I don’t think his emergence will change anything. This is because Nigerians are unanimous in the determination to do away with the past leaders and inject new blood into the governance. It is even a misuse of word to say one aspirant is a consensus aspirant for the North. No he is a consensus aspirant for Mallam Adamu Ciroma Committee. There are other credible Nigerians in the North who are not members of the PDP and we have some of them who are nursing ambition to contest the presidency.

“I am not a PDP man and neither is our group a political one. All we are saying is that it is the Jonathan Presidency that can guarantee the maximum chance needed for an Igbo man to have a shot at the presidency. We have to realize this and our position is not motivated by any personal political interest unlike those who called themselves Igbo political leaders.

They have one after the other aligned with each of the aspirants and in another breath they are saying Igbo has no candidate yet. Is until one of them is nominated as Vice-President? We have passed that stage of hide and seek, we have to be frank with ourselves. Ohaneze has hit the nail on the head. Igbo are for Jonathan for reasons they know are in the best interest of future of an Igbo man in Nigeria.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/abujareports/2010/nov/29/abujareports-29-11-2010-002.htm

I could grudgingly condone a political sermon from certain misguided individuals from Nigeria but definitely not from an Osaka swine whose last name is AWOWOLE-BROWNE.
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 9:26am On Nov 29, 2010
'Atiku/someone from the SS 2011
Let Atiku complete Yar'adua's tenure

So that 2015 can be reserved for the Igbos

Lets follow this zoning thing to the letter
Anything short of zoning is going to spell doom for the Igbos'

MY OWN ADDITION IS:

NO ZONING, NO NDIGBO 2015,
KNOW ZONING, KNOW SE 2015'
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by AndreUweh(m): 1:23pm On Nov 29, 2010
Blazay:

So, Ohanaeze has an office where they actually come together and discuss issues of Ndi-Igbo? shocked

Well, call my jokes silly and dry. ,let me give you something to cry about.

Any group in Nigeria formed by Nigerians will always fail. I mean from Baba Eagles to Baby Eaglets.

Groups in Nigeria only stand for one thing. Noise.

Arewa? Noise.
Afenifere? Noise.
Ohanaeze? Noise.
MEND? Noise.

Nothing accomplished. Only selfish interests pay in Nigerian politics. The most successful politicians like IBB and OBJ never think in terms of a 'group'. Yet, individually, they have kept millions of Nigerians in chains for so long.

So, goodluck with your Ohanaeze dreams.
I have always insisted that those who type crap about Ohanaeze here do not know anything about the organisation. Am happy you know now that they do have an office even in the seven Igbo states and locations.
One other chap said he has never heard of Ohanaeze until recently. Another said he has not heard of Uwaechue until recently. Yet they come here to say Ohanaeze this and that. Oh Lord, Forgive them for they know not what they do.
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by Blazay(m): 1:44pm On Nov 29, 2010
Andre Uweh:

I have always insisted that those who type crap about Ohanaeze here do not know anything about the organisation. Am happy you know now that they do have an office even in the seven Igbo states and locations.
One other chap said he has never heard of Ohanaeze until recently. Another said he has not heard of Uwaechue until recently. Yet they come here to say Ohanaeze this and that. Oh Lord, Forgive them for they know not what they do.

I am truly sorry for you. cry
Goodluck with you and your Ohanaeze.
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by Nsiman(m): 3:35pm On Nov 29, 2010
We are talking of pdp primaries. S. E states has two non-pdp control states. So i think that gov'nor was right by saying they discussed problems on regional issues.
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by Nsiman(m): 3:36pm On Nov 29, 2010
We are talking of pdp primaries. S. E states has two non-pdp control states. So i think that gov'nor was right by saying they discussed problems on regional issues.
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by Dandas: 4:55pm On Nov 29, 2010
I am neither against GEJ nor Atiku.Though i may prefer GEJ to Atiku,but the question is what will be the state of igbo president from these two aspirants.Among these two aspirants,which of them will create more chances for igbo presidency come 2015?,i think its Atiku.Based on these calculations,i have dumped GEJ for Atiku.With GEJ,igbo presidency may reach 2027 while with Atiku,igbo presidency may be 2015 or atleast 2019.So i cant wait again to be in GEJ's camp.Atiku,here i come.I am now on the Atiku train,afterall,politics is all about interest,whether you believe it or not.
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by Dandas: 5:08pm On Nov 29, 2010
Though,i have not joined Atiku hundred percent because i am reasoning that if Atiku pick VP of igbo extraction and may be defeat GEJ,at the end of His(Atiku) tenure he might dump igbo man being president and support a candidate of South south in other to pacity them for snatching power from their son GEJ and also giving them sense of belonging which will neutralize the marginalization saga reigning in the region.Calculations are still on
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by Abagworo(m): 5:14pm On Nov 29, 2010
What we are yet to acknowledge is that an Igbo man can only become a President when Germany can become a member of UN security council.
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by Blazay(m): 5:47pm On Nov 29, 2010
Atiku has nothing to lose. He only needs 4 years in power to deal with OBJ once and for all.
He does not care to die in power like OBJ and IBB.
He is neither a Northerner or a Westerner(the most power drunk sections of Nigeria who would want to die in office. . . Mugabe syndrome)

Goooooooooooooo "Tikkkkku"! cool

Atiku/Nnamani for 2011.
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by babapupa: 6:07pm On Nov 29, 2010
It's 2010 and ibo people are still getting punked and played around like lil beetchies.

Ndo sha. e be like say you people go remain inside wilderness for a while.
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by myview: 6:48pm On Nov 29, 2010
The SE is being willy here. Ohaneze for Jonathan, ILF for Atiku. Good game. Let the game begin. Goodluck to the winner. After the elections Ndigbo will benefit from either side that wins as they supported both sides. A little to the left, a little to the right. I dey for centre. Let each group pursue their goals with utmost determination to win. But I warn both of you, No killings or I will come hard on you with my hammer. We are not like that and besides no need crying more than the bereaved. Our utmost self interest must be protected.
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by MetalGong4: 7:32pm On Nov 29, 2010
Those politically naive governors are now coming back to their senses . . . . Lets watch and see how they would campaign against a presidential ticket with an Igbo son like Prof Charles Soludo or ken Nnamani.
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by McKren(m): 7:56pm On Nov 29, 2010
@Mens_dept

Giving the slot of Vice to an Igbo wont solve the neglect you find in the SE/SS. Have Igbo people turned so gullible and cowardly that the offer of 2nd is equated with victory?

Every election since 1999, those from the SE have had no vision whatsoever to promote the well-being of their people (and Naija at large).

Instead, it is "Wait till 2003, wait for 2007, wait for 2011, wait for 2015", and so on and so forth. At that rate an Ghanian will become president of Naija before an Igbo person.

The governors (including the already confused Orji) are confused, Ohaneze confused for a record 4th election, Igbo senators/reps confused, and you wonder why finalizing projects in the East (aka Int'l Airport, roads, bridges) take forever, and why Northerners and Yorubas like to promise comical items to Easterners.

Easterners, organize among yourselves for this election, and hold your leaders accountable

Telling us how cowardly Jonathan was when he ran as VP to Jonathan will be a good start.

Some of us were not born today.

Its time for the Governors to stop the dilly dallying and turn full circle and face Atiku for the simply reason that Jonathan has shown in the last 10 months that he is simply not up to the job.
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by igbobuigbo: 10:03pm On Nov 29, 2010
babapupa:

It's 2010 and ibo people are still getting punked and played around like lil beetchies.

Ndo sha. e be like say you people go remain inside wilderness for a while.

It is 2010 and the Yoruba make a full turn back to their tribal cocoons. Don't they know what globalization is again? grin grin grin grin

Wait until a Pharoah becomes the president, you will beg to come back to national limelight.
Meanwhile, make sure you do not destroy Igbo property in the SW with another round of wetie that will certainly be the hallmark of your myopic, narrow-minded tribal politics.
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by Blazay(m): 10:09pm On Nov 29, 2010
hahahahahaha

Yoruba don quiet. IBB don dump OBJ for Atiku.
Husband and first wife don pursue ashawo concubine comot from town.
OBJ go laff quench.
Re: Atiku: Igbo Leaders Confused Over Jonathan by excanny: 10:14pm On Nov 29, 2010
Igbo are a republican society. There's no room for block votes. Let those that want to support Jonathan do so, and the rest go with the VP option.

I'm am for the VP option because that will give Igbos more closer to the corridors of power.

It seems some people dont understand the importance of power. Why do you think the northerners are willing to kill themselves for it?

I think the IPF are peopled with politicians who have some influence in the PDP, something that not many of the member of Ohaneze have.

Yes, people will say we are divided. That is how democratic how make up is, and makes it difficult for any aspirant to know the percentage of influence he has on us.

After the primaries, we'll also re-align to calculate the next move.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

7 Point Agenda / Final Voter Figures Arouse Suspicion / President Goodluck Campaign Journey (pictures) From Abia To Zamfara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.