Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,776 members, 7,889,504 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:54 PM

John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja (62130 Views)

Hunter Shoots Colleague Dead In Ogun Forest After 'Mistaken Him For A Deer' / Policeman Accidently Shoots Colleague Dead On Their Way To Collect N20k Bribe / Ben Okigbo: Nigerian Doctor Shoots His Wife Dead & Commits Suicide In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by Klington: 9:58pm On Dec 21, 2019
Frustration everywhere plus including Village pipul

God help us oo
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by Heffalump(m): 9:59pm On Dec 21, 2019
Nigeria has the highest number of insane police officers serving in a civil society than any other country of the world embarassed

1 Like

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by omoyami: 9:59pm On Dec 21, 2019
Shot himself to prevent been sent to the hangman. God help us
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 21, 2019
34 comments and no RIP...

1 Like

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by Halexgos3(m): 10:00pm On Dec 21, 2019
The woman would have apologize her because the man was very angry
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by aminusodiq(m): 10:00pm On Dec 21, 2019
I wanted to say i dont realy give a Bleep abt d NPF..... But den, i realise i av blood flowing in me!!! RIP to d dead! /quick recovery to d injured
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by SenecaTheYonger: 10:00pm On Dec 21, 2019
Police death is always a good thing.
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 10:00pm On Dec 21, 2019
He just fired to greet buhari in Aso villa but a wailer couldn't take it and decided to correct him......

Just see the life of a Zombie......fear them ooo

They will kill you and also commit suicide..
Who will I say RIP to now?...the Zombie or the Wailer?
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by ABCthingx: 10:01pm On Dec 21, 2019
Pffft. Sad tales everywhere. God keep us. sad
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by Hotfreez: 10:02pm On Dec 21, 2019
There are many drunkards, lunatics and mad men being given rifles by the Police.

How many policemen with gun can pass a simple mental test?

2 Likes

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by Realfrankie(m): 10:02pm On Dec 21, 2019
Evil
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by Jamorezzi: 10:03pm On Dec 21, 2019
No be ordinary eye .
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by Hotzone(m): 10:04pm On Dec 21, 2019
Normal news for Nigeria but in order civilized climes it should be:
1. A terrorist opened fire in a shop but was gunned down immediately by a policeman on duty
2. A station guard officer alerted his division as he noticed strange behavior of some passerby
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by nedekid: 10:04pm On Dec 21, 2019
healthserve:
His pics should have been published nau

It has been reported that 75% of suicides is carried out by men. Men need to find talk buddy to discuss with that bottle up too much negative feelings. This is often the result of overly charged negative energy inside. God help us
Which story are you writing?
A mad man was given a gun by irresponsible police force plain an simple!
Just imagine the havoc this so called policeman would have caused on innocent public.

3 Likes

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by stagger: 10:06pm On Dec 21, 2019
All die na die finally.
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by OBku4(m): 10:06pm On Dec 21, 2019
lipsrsealed
Nawa o... I passed that place this morning while jogging.
Noticed blood on the floor (from the odour)... Just knew something wrong happened there... even thought it was thieves
...Only to come here and read this news.
crazy world
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by Cutehector(m): 10:06pm On Dec 21, 2019
Recruiting robbers and mad people into the Nigeria Police force.

1 Like

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by luluosas(m): 10:07pm On Dec 21, 2019
He answered his village people's call. What a tragedy.
Please, give your life to Jesus Christ now and be saved

1 Like

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by Nvc078: 10:09pm On Dec 21, 2019
John shot Matthew......disciples of Jesus
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by DerickCO(m): 10:11pm On Dec 21, 2019
Now the superintendent and the corporal will not enjoy Christmas with their families. cry
One is in hospital and the Corporal is waiting in courtroom till Judgement Day.
R.I.P to you.
All evils shall be cast into the hell of fires(Hades)
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by chigoziri2403(m): 10:13pm On Dec 21, 2019
Offpoint:
please what's the English name for a sad news that makes you laugh and sad at the same time?

This part is a lie " Thereafter, a Superintendent of Police Abdullahi Ovanu came out from the office to inquire what happened but the inspector also shot him in the arm.

Nigerian police I know of would not heard a gunshot and came out to INQUIRE anything... there was no backdoor for escaping in the station hence Abdullahi woulda been at home in a twinkle of an eye, then put a call through to INQUIRE what that sound was.

.R.I.P to the death
you are funny
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by bubblesng(m): 10:15pm On Dec 21, 2019
ColonelEmeka:

Tragedy struck in the Dutse area of Abuja on Saturday as a police inspector, John Markus, killed his colleague and later committed suicide.

The incident which occurred very early in the morning at the Dutse Police Divisional Headquarters also left another police officer injured.

The Commissioner of Police in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mr Bala Ciroma, confirmed this to Channels Television via a telephone interview.

The incident occurred as Markus who was said to be on duty as a station guard fired a round of ammunition into the air.

He was reported to have been called to order by a police corporal, Mathew Akubo, but the inspector turned to his subordinate and shot him in the head.

Thereafter, a Superintendent of Police Abdullahi Ovanu came out from the office to inquire what happened but the inspector also shot him in the arm.

A few minutes after the incident, Markus shot himself through his mouth.

The remains of the inspector and the corporal have been deposited at the mortuary in Kubwa General Hospital while the superintendent of police was taken to the hospital for treatment.

https://www.channelstv.com/2019/12/21/police-inspector-shoots-colleague-dead-commits-suicide-in-abuja/

The level of security decrepitude Nigeria as a nation is confronted with overtime has beckoned for advocacy for the establishment of state and community policing framework. This is aimed at creating synergy amongst security agencies and to give a top-bottom/grass root approach to combating security challenges. REDESIGNING THE ARCHITECTURAL FRAMEWORK OF THE NIGERIAN POLICE SYSTEM

Agitation in this direction  necessitated the birth of local security outfits in time past such as local vigilantees, the war against indiscipline by the Buhari led administration in the 80s, Neighbourhood watch, the defunct Bakassi Boys in the South East around 1997 and OPC in the South West. The aim was to address ballooning crime rates that seemed to elude the capacity of the conventional police.
https://thenigeriafm.com/2019/12/21/redesigning-the-architectural-framework-of-the-nigerian-police-system/
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by bubblesng(m): 10:16pm On Dec 21, 2019
https://thenigeriafm.com/2019/12/21/redesigning-the-architectural-framework-of-the-nigerian-police-system/

Agitation in this direction  necessitated the birth of local security outfits in time past such as local vigilantees, the war against indiscipline by the Buhari led administration in the 80s, Neighbourhood watch, the defunct Bakassi Boys in the South East around 1997 and OPC in the South West. The aim was to address ballooning crime rates that seemed to elude the capacity of the conventional police.

With particular reference to Rivers State as a case study for the purpose of this analogy, security challenges have been curbed to a reasonable extent through local security framework.

The establishment of local security outfits in Rivers State such as OSPAC, a communal initiative and a security alternative , has convincingly brought a tremendous redefinition of the security framework and efficacy in addressing security disservice that formerly put the state at the apex of criminality.

In recent past, several communities in Rivers state witnessed high degree of security mutiny. Renowned among such communities is Alakahia in Obiapo Local Government Area, Emuoha and Omoku respectively. These communities were bedeviled by high profile robbery cases, communal war, youth militancy, kidnappings, assassinations, cult clashes capable of sacking an entire community, unnecessary blood bath amidst plethora of heinous crimes.

In a bid to restore sanity to such insecurity afflicted communities, the Governor of Rivers state , Nyesom Wike launched the “Operation sting” in July, 2018 functioning as a state police although an arm of the conventional police force and the Rivers state Task Force, complemented with a local security outfit named OSPAC, all of which activities can be in brevity tagged “A crusade to the Restoration of Sanity to Rivers State”.

The activities of OSPAC and the measure of success recorded in curbing criminal activities in  terms of arrest, confrontations, unearthing of clandestine criminal activities and execution of criminal elements base on fact and not hear say or spurious assumptions gives a green light to giving a nod  to  the community policing initiative.

Its been proven beyond reasonable doubt that the acquaintances of local security outfit such as OSPAC that entails the recruitment of local residents, well abreast with the terrain accounts for efficacy in delivering security expectations.

In a brief interview with some anonymous fellow in Alakahia residence, reveals that the OSPAC initiative is well welcomed by many on the premise that the group is transparent in the discharge of security duties. This is attributed to the oath of allegiance entered by members to be diligent in their assigned task. This is aimed at ensuring the non politicisation and ethnicisation of the security outfit. It indeed represents a zero percent tolerance for crime , corruption and a say no to the nurturing of sacred cows.

The modus operandi of the group that account for its huge success rests on the use of a fusion of physical and metaphysical means that entails  vodoo display that rely on exchange of spiritual missiles, spiritually motivated necklaces used to stimulate crime confession as described in the words of ILoma Nyenwemaduka in a research paper “A Critical Analysis of the Vigilante Subgenre”. Some of these mode of operation is better depicted in Nollywood movies such as Isakaba, Oracle e.t.c.

The presence of OSPAC has indeed contributed immensely in silencing mind boggling criminality and incessant harassment of innocent citizens by some unscrupulous elements in the police force in  Alakahia community.

Testimonies that align with the tremendous achievements of OSPAC is the apprehension of the killers of one Mr Ibe murdered in Alakahia few months ago,  the speedy arrest of the assassins of a PDP chieftain, Mr Alele Nwozirika, the on the scene arrest of two criminals who engaged the group in a gun dwell following a robbery incident on 31/10/2019 about 11pm and also the gunning down of notorious criminals all in Alakahia community.  In a space of two months of their existence in Alakahia, the community have experienced a new lease of peace as criminal activities have been nipped in the bud. Emuoha community is not also devoid of the plausible calm OSPAC has brought. A visit to Emuoha community and the unusual peace currently enjoyed by residents will convince any doubting Thomas.

However, a little few on the other side of the divide are exercising palpitations that the mode of execution of criminals by the group is more of a ” Jungle Justice System”. They are also apprehensive of the fact that some obnoxious circumstances such as ethinicisation and politicisation responsible for the demise of the Bakassi Boys may factor into the operation of the OSPAC. This assumption is linked to the ban on the operation of the group sometime this year following the killing of an alleged cultist Mr Eze Wali in the farm Road of Iguruta Ali in Ikwerre Local Government Area of Rivers state. It was a development frowned at, as many attested to the fact that the deceased was never a cultist as alleged by OSPAC. Despite the ban on the group to limit their activities to just Onelga L.G.A , the immediate call by residents of Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni L.G.A of the state for the resumption of duty of OSPAC following the surge of criminal activities after the ban, is a testimonial of the fact that OSPAC represents more good than arm. Thus, the fear exercised as  opined by a few can be considered far from existing reality because one who is resident and familiar with the then sporadic increase criminal activities in these aforementioned localities will argue this to a stand still . There has been no recorded case of the execution of innocent citizens in the Alakahia axis basically, as those executed are criminals apprehended with firearms at crime scenes with glaring evidence and those who have confessed to involvement in high profile crimes.

The instant justice meted on some criminals is necessitated on the premise that the masses have lost confidence in the conventional police system when it comes to the prosecution of criminals handed over them. In fact, non of the apprehended criminals by this group have been spared on the ground of ethnic and political sentiments.

Having navigated through the positives of the OSPAC in Rivers state, it becomes crystal clear that the role of community policing cannot be underestimated. There is the urgent need for integration of these local security outfit into the formal police system in terms of giving them recognition, funding, training for professionalism sake to align with constitutional requirements. This will also help in averting supremacy muscling among security operatives that could spring out from unhealthy rivalry over who does the job better?.

For instance, the Operation Positive Identification launched by the Federal Government will yield mountainous success if there is partnership with local security personnel who are well abreast with  local terrain that can aid in unveiling criminal hide outs, indigenous and residential identification, intelligence gathering e.t.c

It is no doubt that the level of insecurity  paroxysms has overwhelmed the conventional police system, a shortcoming born out of man power gaps and the over stretching of existing manpower capacity that calls for a complementary role from local security outfit such as OSPAC  and the Rivers State Task Force that has evidently helped restore law and order in Rivers state.

If this measure is replicated in all the states of the federation, it will undoubtedly help in mitigating security debacle.

At this juncture, it becomes pertinent to call for  consideration for the recruitment of Npower beneficiaries, local residents who are well abreast with their local terrains to fill manpower gaps required for community policing systems which becomes   ostensibly  justifiable base on the above analysis. Spreading tentacles of such local security outfit to all nook and crannies of the nation will undoubtedly aid in ensuring effective terrestrial and coastal policing system especially in the area of information gathering that forms the bedrock of contemporary policing.

*SAY YES TO COMMUNITY POLICING!!!*

1 Like

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by sunkoye: 10:17pm On Dec 21, 2019
The guy was definitely possessed.
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by JONNYSPUTE(m): 10:20pm On Dec 21, 2019
ArcSEMPECJ:
He just fired to greet buhari in Aso villa but a wailer couldn't take it and decided to correct him......

Just see the life of a Zombie......fear them ooo

They will kill you and also commit suicide..
Who will I say RIP to now?...the Zombie or the Wailer?
.. Lol. You no well. Hahahaha.
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by chigoizie7(m): 10:22pm On Dec 21, 2019
Good, that is because they felt they are Demi gods that can’t be corrected.

If disciplinary actions are being taken and every bullet shot is accounted for, they wouldn’t be seeing mere correction as a big deal.

Common error someone can commit.

Obi:-Officer please, this is not good,
Officer:- shut up, how dare you? Do you know who you are talking to?

Na so we take reach here.

Tomorrow they will start shooting their superiors for correcting them or reprimanding them. Something wey them suppose de do tey tey.
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by Paseus(m): 10:23pm On Dec 21, 2019
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr
You are a real niggarrr
Some men are just pussy niggarrrs. Discuss with friends
Any little problem they allow it overwhelm them and throw them into depression and anger

As a man always hang out with friends(real niggarrrz)
Smoke some weed, bang some pussies, drink enough alcohol
Just do one of this four things and depression and anger can never set in

As for me i do the four . I smoke weed, I bang pussies, I drink enough alcohol and i hang out with real niggarrrz

My typa Nigga. Kush is life! Saved me several times
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by juman(m): 10:24pm On Dec 21, 2019
We are in soup in this country.
Clearly things are very very wrong.
Suicide points to severe stress the people are passing through.
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by Benteazaa(m): 10:30pm On Dec 21, 2019
�, those idiots that detained me for no reason

Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by Philinho(m): 10:33pm On Dec 21, 2019
Slawormir:

Damnnnnn niggarrr
You are a real niggarrr
Some men are just pussy niggarrrs. Discuss with friends
Any little problem they allow it overwhelm them and throw them into depression and anger

As a man always hang out with friends(real niggarrrz)
Smoke some weed, bang some pussies, drink enough alcohol
Just do one of this four things and depression and anger can never set in

As for me i do the four . I smoke weed, I bang pussies, I drink enough alcohol and i hang out with real niggarrrz

As am typing now am with one of my nigggar (Kelvin) in play house Benin city drinking some Heineken bottles
We don already discharge two runs babe
Once we enter inside house now na steady bombing ( china work) and weed till day break

Your children will need this advice .Keep it for them....
Re: John Markus: Police Inspector Shoots Colleague Dead, Commits Suicide In Abuja by lereinter(m): 10:33pm On Dec 21, 2019
MOSICATED5:
Bulk of the people that make up the Nigerian police are totally insane

Animals

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Four Underage Girls, Others Nabbed During Cult Initiation In Ogun State. Photos / Conflicting Reports On Woman That Jumped Into Lagos Lagoon On 3rd Mainland / A.I. Ajao: OAU Lecturer Assaults Student (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.