Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,698 members, 7,889,218 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:43 AM

Cuisine And Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Cuisine And Relationships (1102 Views)

Poll: What cuisine would you prefer?

Home cooked: 90% (9 votes)
Eatery: 0% (0 votes)
Five star restaurant: 10% (1 vote)
Street Vendor: 0% (0 votes)
Cuisine? Where?: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Domestic Violence And Relationships / Prophecy And Relationships / Inferiority Complex in Dating and Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cuisine And Relationships by MrsEve1: 12:37am On Dec 03, 2010
Fellas,

Would you rather for your wife or girlfriend to cook you a meal opposed to going to a nice restaurant eating a five star meal cooked by a professional chef?

Ladies,

Would you rather for a home cooked meal by your truly or a nice dinner for two at a five star restaurant?

What are some of the most romantic meals for couples?  Do you think that home cooked meal is appropriate for first dates or after the third base? 

What are some of your most favorite meal cooked by your spouse or mate?
Re: Cuisine And Relationships by HighChief4(m): 2:08am On Dec 03, 2010
She has to make that Ogbono soup for me
Re: Cuisine And Relationships by Dsense(m): 2:40am On Dec 03, 2010
Mrs. Eve:

Fellas,

Would you rather for your wife or girlfriend to cook you a meal opposed to going to a nice restaurant eating a five star meal cooked by a professional chef?

Ladies,

Would you rather for a home cooked meal by your truly or a nice dinner for two at a five star restaurant?

What are some of the most romantic meals for couples? Do you think that home cooked meal is appropriate for first dates or after the third base?

What are some of your most favorite meal cooked by your spouse or mate?
Sweetie!! . . .U like food too much. . . .Everytime food! food! food! angry
Anyway i would prefer my wife cooking with her bare hands for me ''That's when i'm too lazy to cook''.I love cooking and i cook for her mostly whenever she visits ma crib besides she's a good chef aswell. . . . .However we wouldn't mind going to restaurants too it's all fun to us and we do enjoy either.
Re: Cuisine And Relationships by mediatrix8(f): 3:09am On Dec 03, 2010
Well,during the first date I would prefer to have it in a romantic restaurant with candle dinner and pipe in music.
Then later,I would prefer home cooked foods for us to share.I love cooking!

My babe have tasted my cooking and he loves it.I also love his cooking as well, my favorite hmmmm, pepper soup and chicken/beef stew. kiss
Re: Cuisine And Relationships by MrsEve1: 4:57am On Dec 03, 2010
D-sense:

Sweetie!! . . .U like food too much. . . .Everytime food! food! food! angry
Anyway i would prefer my wife cooking with her bare hands for me ''That's when i'm too lazy to cook''.I love cooking and i cook for her mostly whenever she visits ma crib besides she's a good chef aswell. . . . .However we wouldn't mind going to restaurants too it's all fun to us and we do enjoy either.

Excuse me Dsense, THIS IS THE FIRST THREAD I POSTED that talks about food PUNK! angry angry

What you mean YOUR WIFE? You married? shocked
Re: Cuisine And Relationships by MrsEve1: 4:57am On Dec 03, 2010
Mediatrix,

My husband love cooking rice, chicken and stew, THAT SOME NASSSY ISH! lipsrsealed
Re: Cuisine And Relationships by obowunmi(m): 5:05am On Dec 03, 2010
Is it by force to create a thread ? Yeesh --- mama gee!
Re: Cuisine And Relationships by mediatrix8(f): 5:33am On Dec 03, 2010
Mrs. Eve:

Mediatrix,

My husband love cooking rice, chicken and stew, THAT SOME NASSSY ISH! lipsrsealed
hahhaha, I have the same experience whenever I am with him, he cooks only naija foods and whenever i cook,some of our foods,chinese and wetsern foods but you know he can't eat pork so I adjust according to his taste and likes,also learning naija foods, I love them though, very delicious the only thing I don't know how to eat is the okro soup with fu fu, because we eat with rice 2-3 times a day.
If you love someone you will try to love things new to you ,you even see yourself doing things which you never imagine yourself doing it. wink
Re: Cuisine And Relationships by MrsEve1: 5:36am On Dec 03, 2010
mediatrix8:

hahhaha, I have the same experience whenever I am with him, he cooks only naija foods and whenever i cook,some of our foods,chinese and wetsern foods but you know he can't eat pork so I adjust according to his taste and likes,also learning naija foods, I love them though, very delicious the only thing I don't know how to eat is the okro soup with fu fu, because we eat with rice 2-3 times a day.
If you love someone you will try to love things new to you ,you even see yourself doing things which you never imagine yourself doing it. wink

Girl, IT AINT THAT MUCH LOVE IN THE WORLD! Love don't make you do silly thangs like eat something you don't care for! But I hear ya! Give me some GREENS AND CORNBREAD ANYDAY!
Re: Cuisine And Relationships by mediatrix8(f): 5:41am On Dec 03, 2010
Greens and corn bread, love that too kiss
Re: Cuisine And Relationships by MrsEve1: 5:50am On Dec 03, 2010
Ooooh I just remembered!

On one of my date I made homemade meal because my date asked me to show off my cooking. I guess to see if I can cook or whatnot, ANYWAYS,

I wanted to show him that cooks like me aren't taught in schools but by natural chefs ie Granny, mother, and elder females of the family. I cooked a seven course meal with dessert!

Kobe Garlic rubbed Steak with gravy marinade
Baked potato with chive and sour cream
Asian salad with strawberries
Stir Fry with bean sprouts
Deviled Eggs
Corn on cob soaked in olive oil vingerette
Stuffed Bell Peppers with artichoke pudding

Peach tart with whipped cream and dash of cinnamon

Girl, HE FELL OUT and like where have I been all this time, I think he was going to pop the question at the family gathering but I had to leave early for an emergency and I moved, but that was the first time I ever cooked that big for one person, USUALLY IT A WHOLE VILLAGE, but that was for ONE PERSON,
Re: Cuisine And Relationships by mediatrix8(f): 6:07am On Dec 03, 2010
hahaha grin grin grin that's why we need to consider the person we are dating before cooking something because he /she may not like it no matter it's delicious accordning to our taste. cheesy
Re: Cuisine And Relationships by Dsense(m): 9:02pm On Dec 03, 2010
Mrs. Eve:

Excuse me Dsense, THIS IS THE FIRST THREAD I POSTED that talks about food PUNK! angry angry

What you mean YOUR WIFE? You married? shocked
Married .No . . .But i always call her ma Wife . , . . Not married of course!
Re: Cuisine And Relationships by MrsEve1: 9:31pm On Dec 03, 2010
Dsense! You betta not be two timing me! angry cry
Re: Cuisine And Relationships by red100(f): 1:17am On Dec 04, 2010
home cooked food the most of the days and eating out once or twice a week
Re: Cuisine And Relationships by iice(f): 10:57am On Dec 05, 2010
So long as there is food, i'm good. Not picky where.
Re: Cuisine And Relationships by LordReed(m): 12:07pm On Dec 05, 2010
I prefer a home cooked meal anyday but dats not to ignore the ambience of a classy place. Occassional jaunts to fine restaurants n eateries has a way of spicing up d romance.
Re: Cuisine And Relationships by Battery1(m): 12:20pm On Dec 05, 2010
@Mediatrix
Hv u eaten fiofio b4? I wil cook it 4u.
@All
Ms Eve dosnt knw how 2 cook or d kinda food 2 cook 4 her husband,so she is indirectly askin us 2 teach her.
Prepare fiofio on d first date,yam on d 2nd date and give him water on d 3rd date. Thank u!
Re: Cuisine And Relationships by HighChief4(m): 5:01pm On Dec 05, 2010
^^^ Mehn I remember that fiofio, very hard to cook but nice
Re: Cuisine And Relationships by MrsEve2(f): 5:06pm On Dec 05, 2010
Mrs. Eve does not need help cooking, as you didn't see the menu above that I PREPARED on MY OWN from MY OWN HANDS.

I just wanted to know what your thoughts on the cuisines in relationship, I have noticed however in different culture that the type of cuisine is expected.

For example, a home cooked meals in USA is typically a personal more intimate type relationship whereas eatery is a casual date type of relationship, fancy restaurants is SERIOUS relationships, and invitation to the family dinners is HUGE and usually ends with engagement.

(1) (Reply)

My Bf Cheatd / Gigolo For Mother-in-law / Xup Guys?Is There Anyting Wrong Wit a muslim dating a xtian..??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.