Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,600 members, 7,882,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 02:27 PM

Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) - Islam for Muslims (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) (36023 Views)

Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse / Humility-an Attribute Of A True Believer / Iranian Shia Intellectual Arrested For Questioning The Core Of Shiism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:48pm On Nov 11, 2012
"Doubtless, a heart grows tarnished like brass or silver, and its polish is by remembrance(zikr),
which may make it shine like a crystal mirror.
So when one neglects the remembrance(zikr) it tarnishes, and when he returns it shines.
Since the heart is tarnished by two things- heedlessness and sin
it is polished by two things- remembrance(zikr) and asking forgiveness."

- Ibn al-Qayyim
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:52pm On Nov 11, 2012
When your companion becomes angry and says something that is unwarranted, you should not take it too hard.
His situation is that of a drunken person who is not aware of what is taking place. Instead, be patient, even if it means only for a little while.
If you reciprocate his words with harsh words of your own, you become like the sane person who seeks revenge on a madman,
or the conscious person who seeks retribution from an unconscious one.
Look at him with a merciful eye and pity him for his actions.

- Ibn Al-Jawzi
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:54pm On Nov 11, 2012
The position of emotions, intelligence and the Shari‘a -
" Alhamdulillah, I do not ever let my emotions overpower my intelligence
and never let my intelligence overpower the Shari‘a.."

-Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:56pm On Nov 11, 2012
‘‘One should be concerned with pleasing the Knower of the unseen.
No matter how much success and fame we attain in this world, it is but for a few days.
We should [seek to] attain the proximity and pleasure of that Pure Being who is attributed with perpetual eternity.’’

-Husayn Ahmad Madani(ra)
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:58pm On Nov 11, 2012
Ibn al-Mubarak said,

“Perhaps a great deed is belittled by a (bad) intention.
And perhaps a small deed, by a sincere intention, is made great. "
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 3:30pm On Mar 26, 2013
“Disputation in the Religion fosters self-display,
does away with the light of the heart and hardens it, and
bequeaths aimless wandering.”

-Imaam Malik
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by tbaba1234: 9:09pm On Mar 26, 2013
Miss your valuable contrbutions,bro... JazakAllahu Khair
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 6:29pm On Mar 29, 2013
tbaba1234: Miss your valuable contrbutions,bro... JazakAllahu Khair

InshaAllah, I ll try to post regularly. Make dua for me.
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 6:33pm On Mar 29, 2013

Abu Bakr as-Sideeq (ra) who said:

“Which sky will shade me? And which land will harbour me
if I were to speak about the Book of Allaah without sound knowledge?”

Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 4:17pm On Apr 06, 2013
"I can forgive, but I cannot forget, is only another way of saying, I will not forgive.
Forgiveness ought to be like a canceled note - torn in two, and burned up, so that it never can be shown against one."
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 4:06pm On Apr 07, 2013
Hasan al-Basri said when he came across a group of people disputing:

“These ones have become tired of worship,
speaking has become easy for them,
and their piety has diminished, and that is why they talk.”
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 3:24pm On Apr 09, 2013

"Whoever knows himself well,
would keep himself justly reforming himself instead of talking about the faults of others.
Whoever knows his Lord,
would keep himself busy trying to please Him(Allah) instead of trying to please himself."

[Ibnul Qayyim]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by tbaba1234: 12:06am On Apr 12, 2013
"If we can't free ourselves from our beds before the sun rises, how can we expect to be able to free nations from their oppressors." #Fajr

●|● Abu Hafsah Abdul Malik Clare ●|●
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 7:23pm On Dec 04, 2013

"Five things are associated with difficulty in life:
the heart is hard,
the eyes don't shed tears,
to have limited haya [modesty],
to desire the material world, and
to have lengthy hopes/desires in your life ."

- Al-Fudayl ibn Iyaad

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos / Turkish Muslims Have Been Facing The Wrong Direction To Pray For Decades / Imam Leads Prayers During Earthquake In Indonesia! (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.