Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,177 members, 7,903,889 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 11:51 PM

Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) (36085 Views)

Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse / Humility-an Attribute Of A True Believer / Iranian Shia Intellectual Arrested For Questioning The Core Of Shiism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 3:41am On Apr 20, 2011
"If you make intense supplication and the timing of the answer is delayed, do not despair of it.
His[b] reply[/b] to you is guaranteed; but[b] in the way He chooses[/b], not the way you choose, and at the moment He desires, not the moment you desire."

[Ibn Ata’allah]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:34am On Apr 21, 2011
Whoever fears Allah, Allah will find a way out for him (from every difficulty) and He will provide for him from sources that he could never have imagined.”
(Al Quran 65:2-3)
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 1:54am On Apr 22, 2011
"Death is teacher enough, true faith is wealth enough, and worship is action enough."

[Umar Ibn Khataab R.A]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 6:21am On Apr 23, 2011
"True faith is not trying to please other people by doing things which are displeasing to Allah."

[Ibnu Mas'ud]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:02am On Apr 24, 2011
"Verily, it is Allaah Who appreciates when He is obeyed,
pardons and forgives when He is disobeyed,
accepts the supplication when He is invoked and
rewards when His call is complied with."

[ Ibn Qayyim ]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 4:18am On Apr 25, 2011
“This whole religion (Islam) revolves around knowing the truth and acting by it, and action must be accompanied by patience.”
-IbnTaymiyyah
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:36am On Apr 26, 2011
‎''if the body gets sick, it won't get benefit from food and drink &
so as the heart, when it gets sick because of[b] passion and fancy[/b], it won't get benefit from preachments,
The farthest heart from Allah is the hard heart. If the heart gets hard, the eyes get dry (they don't make tears)''

[Ibn Al - Qayeem]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:46am On Apr 27, 2011
He whose sin is due to desires, then have hope for him.
And he whose sin is due to pride, then fear for him -
because Prophet Adam (as) disobeyed due to desire and was[b] forgiven[/b](after repenting), and
Iblis [/b]sinned due to [b]pride and was cursed."
- Sufyan ibn Uyainah
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:44am On Apr 28, 2011
[center]"Be content with what you have,
Be satisfied [/b]with your dwelling place to accommodate your enterprise,
[b]Restrain your tongue
And shed tears of regret regarding past sins you committed knowingly,
and those you do not recognize."

(‘Abdullah Ibn Mas’ud )[/center]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:41am On Apr 29, 2011
"Whenever Allah gives a blessing to a servant & then Allah takes it away from the servant & the servant[b] patiently[/b] endures his loss,
then Allah rewards the Servant with a blessing which is [b]better [/b]than the one Allah took away."

[Umar bin Abdul Azeez]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:37am On Apr 30, 2011
Abu`d Darda –
” The complete form of[b] taqwa [/b]is to[b] fear Allaah[/b] so much that
one begins to fear Him [/b]from the[b] potential sin in a mustard seed and
until one leaves what might be halaal in the fear that it could be haraam.”
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:27am On May 01, 2011
Al-Murrudi’ reported that he asked Imam Ahmed: “How are you today?”
He replied:
‘How can I be while
I am required by my Lord to perform obligatory acts of worship,
by my Prophet (saw) to practice his Sunnah,
by the two Angels to improve my deeds, and my soul urges me to follow it,
shaytaan pushes me to commit evil deeds,
the Angel of death is waiting to take my life,
and my [b]Children [/b]are asking me to provide for them?’”

[Siyaar a'laam an Nubalaa 11/227]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:55am On May 02, 2011
Hasan al-Basri said when he came across a[b] group of people disputing[/b]:
[center]
“These ones have become[b] tired of worship[/b],
speaking has become easy for them, and
their[b] piety has diminished[/b], and
that is why they talk.”[/center]

Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:50am On May 03, 2011
"Son of Adam, you are nothing but days, and
whenever a day passes away, a part of you passes away."

— Hasan al-Basri
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:18am On May 04, 2011

“In our view, a person does not [/b]have an [b]understanding of the religion until
he thinks of a hardship as being a blessing, and
a comfort and luxury as being a hardship.”

- Sufyan ath-Thawri
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:52am On May 05, 2011
"Certain faith (yaqeen) is that you do not make the people happy by angering Allah &
that you do not envy anyone [/b]for that which [b]Allah has provided &
that you do not blame anyone for something which Allah has not given you,.
Since[i] provision[/i] will not be brought on by a person's [b]craving [/b]after it, nor will it be repelled by a person's [b]disliking [/b]it."

[Ibn Mas'ood ]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 3:07am On May 06, 2011
Ahmad Ibn Hanbal said :
“If You Desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the thing you love,
be persistent in doing the things He Ta’ala loves”
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 6:36pm On May 06, 2011
[center]“The planning of The Almighty (Allaah) is better for you than your own planning, and
He could deprive you from what you ask to test your patience.
So let Him see from you a determined patience and you will soon see from Him what will give you joy.
And when you have cleaned the paths of answering (of supplication) from the stains of sin [i.e have repented]
and were patient [/b]about what He has chosen for you,
then [b]everything that happens
to you is better for you whether you were given or deprived of what you have requested.”

[Imaam ibn Al-Jawzee][/center]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:00am On May 08, 2011
Whoever wants to have everlasting peace and well-being with no affliction does not understand the meaning of Allah’s commandments,
nor does he perceive the meaning of submission to Allah.
Every soul (either believing or disbelieving) shall[b] inevitably taste suffering[/b] in this world, for this life is based on hardships.
Man lives between comfort and suffering.”

[Imam Ibn al-Jawzi]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 3:03am On May 09, 2011
''When evening comes, do not expect (to live till) morning, and
when morning comes, do not expect (to live till) evening.
Take from your health (a preparation) for your[b] illness[/b],
and from your[b] life[/b] for your[b] death[/b]''

- Ibn Umar
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:07am On May 10, 2011
“A good deed [/b]brings [b]light to the heart, illumination to the face, strength to the body, increasing of livelihood & love in the hearts of people.
On the contrary, an evil deed [/b]causes [b]darkness to the heart, dark shadows to the face, weakness in the body, lack [/b]of livelihood and [b]antipathy in people’s hearts."

[ Ibn Abbas ]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:36am On May 11, 2011
"The deeper you get in Imaan(faith) and Knowledge, the more peaceful you become."

[Yasir Birjas]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:43am On May 12, 2011
"Patience means to keep close to Allah & to accept calmly the trials He sends, without complaining or feeling sad."
[Amr ibn Uthman al-Makki]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 4:47am On May 13, 2011
"No amount of guilt can change the past & no amount of worrying can change the future. Go easy on yourself, for the outcome of all affairs is determined by Allah's decree. If something is meant to go elsewhere, it will never come your way, but if it is yours by destiny, from you it cannot flee."

[Umar Ibn al-Khattab RadiyAllahu Anhu]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:34am On May 14, 2011
"Relieve yourself of worry after you have planned;
do not concern yourself with what Allah has undertaken on your behalf ."

[ Ibn Ata’illah ]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 8:44am On May 15, 2011
"Don't let your difficulties fill you with anxiety, after all, it is only in the darkest nights that stars shine most brilliantly."

('Ali ibn Abi Talib [ra])
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 7:30am On May 16, 2011
"There is nothing more difficult for me to correct than my intentions, for it continually attempts to change."

( Sufyān al-Thawrī)
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 1:53am On May 17, 2011
"When Allah ta’ala wishes to accept the dua of a person, He grants a person the taufeeq (inclination) of making that du'a ."

[ Shaykh Hajee Farooq ]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:01am On May 18, 2011
"Truly in the heart there is a sadness that can not be removed except with the happiness of knowing Allah and being true to Him.
And in it there is an emptiness that can not be filled except with love for Him and by turning to him and always remembering Him.
And if a person were given all of the world and what is in it, it would not fill this emptiness."

~Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullaah)
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:39am On May 19, 2011
"Son of Adam, you are nothing but days. And whenever a day passes by, a part of you passes away."
[Hasan al-Basri]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:32am On May 20, 2011
"Preventing evil is more powerful than just encouraging good in society."

[ Ibn Taymiyah ]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:30am On May 21, 2011
"The sign of loving Allahu ta’âlâ much is[b] to love remembering Him[/b]." [Ibni Shâhin]

"The more Knowledge you have, the greater will be your fear of Allah."
[Abu Bakr (RA)]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fornication And Pregnancy Before Marriage : Islamic Perspective / Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos / Turkish Muslims Have Been Facing The Wrong Direction To Pray For Decades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.