Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,840 members, 7,938,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 06:46 AM

Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) (36206 Views)

Where Is Allah? An Intellectual Discourse / Humility-an Attribute Of A True Believer / Iranian Shia Intellectual Arrested For Questioning The Core Of Shiism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 1:38am On Jun 25, 2011
"Were you to go to the door of the governor,
he would not receive you or give you any attention,
perhaps he will even prevent you from getting near him.
But the King of kings ,Allah, is saying
‘Whoever comes to me walking, I will go to him in speed,’
yet you turn away from Him and run after another!"

~Ibn Rajab al-Ḥanbalī
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:35am On Jun 26, 2011
"Go easy on yourself, for the outcome of all affairs is determined by Allah’s decree.
If something is meant to go elsewhere, it will never come your way, but if it is yours by destiny, from you it cannot flee."

– Umar ibn al-khattab radiallahu
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 4:38am On Jun 27, 2011
"Your souls are precious, and can only be equal to the price of Paradise. Therefore, sell them only at that price. "
~ Ali ibn Abi Talib
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 1:47am On Jun 28, 2011
"The sign that Allah is pleased with His servant is that His servant is pleased with His decree."

[Ali ibn Abi Thalib R.A ]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:13am On Jun 29, 2011
"Hearts are like cooking pots. They will boil whatever is in them.& the scooping spoons of these pots are the tongue. Henceforth, look to a person whenever he speaks. For sure, his tongue will scoop up for you what is simmering in his heart: whether it’s (something) sweet or sour, fresh or stale”

~ The illness & the cure by Ibnul Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah ~
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 1:54am On Jun 30, 2011
"The life of the heart is knowledge; so preserve it,
The death of the heart is ignorance; so avoid it.
Your best provision is true devotion; so provide it.
This advice of mine is enough for you; so heed it."

[ Imam al-Ghazâlî ]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 1:34am On Jul 01, 2011
"Glad tidings to the one who leaves the dunya before it leaves him,
prepares for his grave before he enters it, and
pleases his Lord before he meets Him."

- Yahya ibn Mu'adh al-Razi
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 1:35am On Jul 03, 2011
"Five things are associated with difficulty in life:
the heart is hard,
the eyes don't shed tears,
to have[b] limited haya [/b][modesty],
to desire the material world, and
to have lengthy hopes/desires in your life ."

- Al-Fudayl ibn Iyaad
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:01am On Jul 04, 2011
''Do not consider any good deed you perform to be great,
nor any bad deed your perpetrate to be insignificant''.

[ Imam Harith al Muhasibi ]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 1:49am On Jul 05, 2011
"Put aside your pride, set down your arrogance, And remember your grave.''
Ali ibn Abi Talib(RA)
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 1:39am On Jul 07, 2011
"If the[b] heart[/b] is sick, the forbidden becomes attractive and obedience of Allah becomes something you look at with contempt "

Ibn al-Qayyim (rahimuallah)
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:24am On Jul 08, 2011
If Allah intends good for a servant he opens for him the door of action and closes for him the door of argumentation.
Whereas, if Allah intends for a servant evil [once the servant had decided to follow such a path, Allah the Most Him, allows him to take such a path]
He opens for him the door of argumentation and closes for him the door of action.
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 1:55am On Jul 09, 2011
"Soft words soften the hearts that are harder than rock , harsh words harden heart that are softer than silk."

~ Al Ghazali ~
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 1:28am On Jul 10, 2011
Dirar b. Murrah [رحمه الله]:

Iblīs said,
“If I win three things from the son of Ādam, I will have earned what I wanted from him:
if he forgets his sins,
thinks high of his actions, and
becomes fond of his opinion.”

[صفة الصفوة]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 1:55am On Jul 11, 2011
Ibnul Qayyim –(rahimahullaah) – said,
"Deeds without sincerity are like a traveler who carries in his water-jug dirt. The carrying of it burdens him [/b]and it brings [b]no benefit.
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 1:33am On Jul 12, 2011
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
“Whoever conceals others’ faults in this life;
Allah will conceal his faults on the Day of Resurrection.”

(Muslim)
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 1:47am On Jul 17, 2011
"Don't let your love become an attachment, or your anger become your destruction."
Umar Ibn Al-Khattab (R.A)
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 3:04am On Jul 21, 2011
al-Qushayrī states in his Risālah:
'The way of the man who chooses[b] seclusion[/b] is that
he should view[b] the people [/b]as being thereby secured from his own evil,
not the other way around.
For the former attitude leads to a belittling of one’s nafs, which is a trait of the humble,
while the latter impels one to view oneself as superior, and hence breeds arrogance.'
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 3:25pm On Jul 26, 2011
Ma'roof Ibn Fayrooz

If Allah intends good for a servant he opens for him the door of action and closes for him the door of argumentation.
Whereas, if Allah intends for a servant evil [once the servant had decided to follow such a path, Allah the Most Him, allows him to take such a path]
He opens for him the door of argumentation and closes for him the door of action.
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 4:09am On Jul 30, 2011
“Know that the extent of your life is limited and each breath is short.
Every breath shortens your life. Your whole life is brief and what remains of it is brief.
Every part of your life is a precious gem that cannot be replaced.
This life is indeed brief and eternal life is in only two outcomes:
everlasting bliss or unending torment…”

[Ibn Qudamah, al-Wasiyya]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 12:36am On Aug 16, 2011
Yūsuf Ibn Asbāt said:

“I heard Sufyān ath-Thawrī saying:
Three qualities [/b]are from [b]patience:
Not to speak [/b]about your[b] misfortune
or your[b] pain[/b], and
not to praise oneself.”

["al-Hilyah al-Awliyah", 6/389].
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 7:11pm On Aug 17, 2011
Abū `Ubayd al-`Asqalānī said:
“I have not seen Abū `Ubaydah al-Khawās laugh for forty years.
It was said to him: “Why don’t you laugh?”
He said: “How can I laugh while a Muslim is still imprisoned by the Mushrikīn?!”

["Sifat Al-Safwah", 2/416]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 6:08pm On Aug 19, 2011
“All humans are dead [/b]except those who have [b]knowledge;
and all those who have knowledge [/b]are [b]asleep, except those who do good deeds;
and those who do good deeds are deceived, except those who are sincere;
and those who are sincere [/b]are always in [b]a state of worry.”

-Imam Shafi'i (rahimullah)
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 8:02am On Aug 24, 2011
‘Abdullāh ibn Mas‘ūd [رضي الله تعالى عنه]:

Speech by itself is worthless, unless it is followed by action.
Speech and action by themselves are[b] worthless[/b], unless they have the right intention.
And speech, action, and the right intention are worthless [/b]unless they agree with the [b]Sunnah.”
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 5:30pm On Oct 27, 2011
"Sitting with wise people makes you wiser.
Sitting with ignorant people makes you ignorant.
Sitting with poor & less fortunate people removes the ego and pride from your heart."

- Ibn Al Qayyim
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 12:46pm On Dec 09, 2011
Fight against your Ego with the four swords of training :

♦ Eat little
♦ Sleep little
♦ Speak little &
♦ Be patient when people harm you
Then the ego will walk the paths of obedience, like a fleeing horseman in the field of battle.

[Yahya ibn Mu`adh al-Raz]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by chakula: 1:08pm On Dec 09, 2011
Salam Akhy, I would say longest time you aren’t showing face here I have been to Islamicity Forum but I don’t know where to locate you hope you are doing fine THANKS.
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 1:57pm On Dec 09, 2011
chakula:

Salam Akhy, I would say longest time you aren’t showing face here I have been to Islamicity Forum but I don’t know where to locate you hope you are doing fine THANKS.

Wa alaikum assalam Akhi. I m doing ok alhamdulillah. Yes its been a while since i visited nairaland.
I m not in Islamcity forums but I m quite regular in www.sunniforum.com under the name amr123.
Hope you are also doing fine Akhi. smiley
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 5:40pm On Dec 15, 2011
Hasan al-Basri (Rahimahullah) said:
“Beware of your commitments that you make in this world,
for the world has a way of consuming a person.
A person makes a commitment to one thing and
he finds himself involved in ten other commitments. "

(Hilyatul Awilya, Vol:2, Pg: 153)
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 3:05pm On Dec 22, 2011
Ibn Masood, radiallaahu `anhu, said:

"True knowledge is not measured in relationship to how much you memorize and then narrate, but rather,
true knowledge is an expression of piety [protecting oneself from what Allaah prohibited and acting upon what He mandated].
"Also, "Study and act upon what you learn."

[Related by Abu Na`eem]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:26am On Dec 30, 2011
"Let the days do as they please
And be optimistic when destiny decrees
Do not despair due to the events of nights past
For the events of this world were not meant to last."

[ Imam Al Shafi’ee ]
Re: Intellectual Humility (& islamic Quotes) by azharuddin: 2:44am On Jan 01, 2012
Imam ash-Shafi`ee –

"When the foolish one speaks, do not reply to him,
for better than a response (to him) is silence,
and if you speak to him you have aided him,
and if you left him (with no reply) in extreme sadness he dies."

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Another Baby Born With Quran In Lagos / Fornication And Pregnancy Before Marriage : Islamic Perspective / Turkish Muslims Have Been Facing The Wrong Direction To Pray For Decades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.