Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,530 members, 7,914,416 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 03:41 AM

When You Eat Of It Your Eyes Will Be Opened, And You Will Be Like God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When You Eat Of It Your Eyes Will Be Opened, And You Will Be Like God (207 Views)

See Why God Did Not Allow Adam And Eve Eat Of The Tree Of Life And Live Forever / ⚫⚫⚫⚫ Just Like God, Satan Also Has His Own Trinity Of Evil / A Big Chapter Of My Life Just Opened And I Really Need God’s Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When You Eat Of It Your Eyes Will Be Opened, And You Will Be Like God by Kei144(m): 6:22am On Jan 21, 2020
We know that Satan deceived Adam and Eve, but is it possible for a human being to be like God?

By being like God, I mean doing the kind of things that God does. We all know that God created us in His image; I am more interested in working like God. Jesus worked like God and all we hear today is that it was actually God that came down to the world and transformed into human. Can a normal human be like Jesus?

I am aware that some humans have done some of the miracles that Jesus did, but I am interested in how a human being could become totally like Jesus.
Re: When You Eat Of It Your Eyes Will Be Opened, And You Will Be Like God by Olachase(m): 6:46am On Jan 21, 2020
my brother if not for the apple we may never drive Benz or the nice clothes you put on
well the fruit is there for a reason cry cry cry cry
Re: When You Eat Of It Your Eyes Will Be Opened, And You Will Be Like God by Kei144(m): 7:34am On Jan 21, 2020
The reality is that Jesus isn't God that came to the world and transformed into human form. Jesus is a new Adam that God brought to the world, so that he could show the descendants of the first Adam how really to be like God. He left for us an example, so that we could follow in his steps and become like God (1Pe 2:21).

Ph. 2:5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Ph. 2:6 Who, being in very nature [Or in the form of] God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
Ph. 2:7 but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
Ph. 2:8 And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death — even death on a cross!
Ph. 2:9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name.

The first Adam followed the word of Satan and joined Satan to rebel against God, as a way of trying to become like God. The new Adam did the contrary; he submitted himself to God and became a servant. He obeyed God even to the extent of accepting to die on the cross as a sacrifice of atonement for the sins of the first Adam. God exalted Jesus so that he is now exactly like God.

We can see from the life that Jesus lived on earth that we need only two things in order to become like God. The first thing is perfect obedience to God. The other thing is to get into working like God.

Jn. 8:29 The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him.”

Jn. 5:17 Jesus said to them, “My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working.”
Jn. 5:18 For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God.

Jn. 10:37 Do not believe me unless I do what my Father does.

The first Adam displeased God and God drove him away from His presence, whereas Jesus always did what pleased God and God was always with Jesus.
Re: When You Eat Of It Your Eyes Will Be Opened, And You Will Be Like God by Kei144(m): 8:19am On Jan 21, 2020
Perfect Obedience to God

How did Jesus manage to always perfectly obey God?

Being an Adam, Jesus did not have the tendency to sin at birth. The only way for him to acquire that tendency was to accept the word of Satan. That is why he always resisted any word coming to him directly or indirectly from Satan. In order to always have the power to resist the word of Satan, he prayed a lot, seeking the help of God.

Mk. 8:33 But when Jesus turned and looked at his disciples, he rebuked Peter. “Get behind me, Satan!” he said. “You do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men.”

In order for a descendant of the first Adam to perfectly obey God, he must begin by receiving the gospel of Jesus Christ and begin obedience by submitting himself for baptism into Jesus Christ, in water and in the Spirit, and thereby become a human son of God. Since this human son of God was born with the tendency to sin, inherited from the first Adam, that tendency must daily be suppressed by the blood of Jesus through the Holy Spirit.

In the mighty name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I sprinkle all my inward and outward parts with the blood of Jesus through the Holy Spirit of God. I wash away from me every unrighteousness, every evil desire and every evil inclination, by the blood of Jesus, through the Holy Spirit. In the name of Jesus Christ!

As the son of God purifies himself with the blood of Jesus by word of faith, he uses his imagination to see the washing taking place. As he practices purification from sin this way everyday, he grows in righteousness.

Ep. 5:26 to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word.
Re: When You Eat Of It Your Eyes Will Be Opened, And You Will Be Like God by Kei144(m): 8:39am On Jan 21, 2020
Working like God

What do we mean by working like God, and how does it contrast with working like man?

We all know that we cannot provide our needs without working. We all know how we human beings work in order to provide our needs. We depend on our strength and the ways of the world. Working like God depends on divine power and on the way of God.

2Pe. 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

He. 3:10 That is why I was angry with that generation, and I said, `Their hearts are always going astray, and they have not known my ways.’

To work like God requires that you depend on the power of the Spirit in you for all your needs. It also requires that you follow the way of God. If you want to see the way of God clearly, you need to look at Genesis 1.

Ge. 1:2-3 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

In Ge. 1:2, we see a situation that was not the way God wanted it to be. The situation remained unchanged even though the Spirit of God was there, until God spoke to the Spirit: "Let there be light!" Suddenly, everything became just as God wanted it.

A human son of God can also speak into a situation and change the situation into what he wants by word of faith through the Holy Spirit.

Mt. 12:28 But if it is by the Spirit of God that I drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

In the mighty name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I heal this body of every sickness, disease or infirmity by the Holy Spirit of God. In the name of Jesus Christ!
Re: When You Eat Of It Your Eyes Will Be Opened, And You Will Be Like God by Ucee1999: 8:56am On Jan 21, 2020
OP are you really okay?

(1) (Reply)

Understanding The Power Of The First Fruit. / What If? / Non Canonical Gospels That Were Not Added Into The New Testament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.