Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,904 members, 7,883,140 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 02:24 AM

SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace (58906 Views)

I Feel Cheated By This Company. Please Advise / Injustice In My Workplace; Should I Return The Money? / How To Easily Manipulate Your Way To The Top At Your Workplace:Johnspeak Uwangue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by GEEBITE: 9:49pm On Feb 10, 2020
Speck not spike.
Ijaycool:

I admire how you quickly and seamlessly forgave your trespasses, but you were not kind enough to forgive the OPs...
Humans.
Please remove the log in your eyes so you can see clearly to remove the spike in your neighbor's eyes.
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by bonnyhope: 9:49pm On Feb 10, 2020
DrTee1:
Oops!

It's quite easy to identify errors. A closer look would probably tell you those were typo errors.

A missing letter 'n' somewhere and another missing word 'have' elsewhere.

Come on!

I don't live on Nairaland and certainly didn't
exactly proofread. C'mon! That reply was in a jiffy.

Regardless, you'll possibly have realised, had you been attentive, that the most viable ways to resolve OP's worries were indeed preferred by me - devoid of emotions or sentiments.

In dealing with a crisis, sympathy or finger-pointing leads nowhere.

Oh! Now you know you don't live on nairaland but you were quick to comment on the poster's lexis and structure instead of focusing on the subject matter.

Next time you should learn to do away with trivial issues
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by ayoadeifee(f): 9:57pm On Feb 10, 2020
justnock:
Sorry sweetie. This life is filled with trials. I pray God consoles her. If it is the will of God for her to be transferred, she should go. What the enemy might have planned to be a disaster, will turn out to be a blessing in disguise for her. It is well.
Amen thank you
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by dominique(f): 10:04pm On Feb 10, 2020
TradeCorner:

And so suddenly you can't see the humiliation Dominique, what if I pull your chicks through the phone?

Where did you read that? I said I don't agree with the humiliation. How on Earth did you interpret that as not seeing it?
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by smarttm: 10:04pm On Feb 10, 2020
ayoadeifee:
I Am writing this with my heart bleeding with too much pains, I need help!!!!! My mom has been working with the government as a teacher for the past thirty two years, she's upright and diligent and a very hardworking woman, she's the best teacher I grew up to know.

She was promoted to head teacher November last year after all she's due for it. In another school, the same local government, there are rifts and fights within that school which is school 1,2,3 which does not have anything to do with my mom, suddenly they called my mom from SUBEB, they want to transfer her to that school where they have been having loggerhead. But it's not that she doesn't want to go but my mom has health challenges. She's high blood pressure patient and the place of primary assignment is very far from our residence so she refused to collect the letter of transfer and she presented her doctor's report at SUBEB.

I forget to add that the other person they transferred to my mom school from the school they are having rifts was well known at SUBEB and was a very powerful person so she initially pointed where my mom was heading that she want that place or they transfer her back to her sch back, but my mom refused it, and since she has the back up of SUBEB, the chairman and almost everyone at that SUBEB came this morning and chased my mom out of her office saying she was suspended. They do not only cheated her but they also humiliated and violated her human right and harassed her publicly just because we don't know anybody from the government.

Meanwhile it's just within the local government, it has not reach the state level, At this present moment we don't know what to do. She has been so devastated and sad since morning. We have been praying but we still don't know what to do.

Next time advise your Mom not to reject or refuse to go on transfer...it would have been better to go and later present her health issues to her Superior (s).
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Ijaycool(f): 10:05pm On Feb 10, 2020
GEEBITE:
Speck not spike.

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by ayoadeifee(f): 10:05pm On Feb 10, 2020
Thanks for your encouragement
kristen12:

Please calm down, I understand how you feel. My mum had problem in her place of work which is a school also and almost lost her life so I can imagine how you feel.

Your mum should understand office politics and how it works, if one isn't careful it can lead to loss of life especially if she doesn't have backup or know people in high places.

Funny enough, you won't imagine the problem going on in schools especially primary schools.

Please go to twitter, make a post and tag organizations and influencers.

Again, this is the best time to make use of prayers because you really need it. It worked for us and will definitely work for you.

Be strong for you mum.
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Gbonyin: 10:06pm On Feb 10, 2020
Abi oh!! The most annoying thing is that even with the few typos in the write up, an intelligent person would understand what the OP posted. People are busy forming English tutors left, right and center! After all, idea is needed, not grammar.
manneger2:

U should start by editing urs too, leave the girl alone
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by gorociano: 10:10pm On Feb 10, 2020
You just said SUBEB. Of which state?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by TradeCorner: 10:13pm On Feb 10, 2020
dominique:

Where did you read that? I said I don't agree with the humiliation. How on Earth did you interpret that as not seeing it?

Does Dominique now reply back and forth Don't tell me you're stylishing chyking moi
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:13pm On Feb 10, 2020
ayoadeifee:
I Am writing this with my heart bleeding with too much pains, I need help!!!!! My mom has been working with the government as a teacher for the past thirty two years, she's upright and diligent and a very hardworking woman, she's the best teacher I grew up to know.

She was promoted to head teacher November last year after all she's due for it. In another school, the same local government, there are rifts and fights within that school which is school 1,2,3 which does not have anything to do with my mom, suddenly they called my mom from SUBEB, they want to transfer her to that school where they have been having loggerhead. But it's not that she doesn't want to go but my mom has health challenges. She's high blood pressure patient and the place of primary assignment is very far from our residence so she refused to collect the letter of transfer and she presented her doctor's report at SUBEB.

I forget to add that the other person they transferred to my mom school from the school they are having rifts was well known at SUBEB and was a very powerful person so she initially pointed where my mom was heading that she want that place or they transfer her back to her sch back, but my mom refused it, and since she has the back up of SUBEB, the chairman and almost everyone at that SUBEB came this morning and chased my mom out of her office saying she was suspended. They do not only cheated her but they also humiliated and violated her human right and harassed her publicly just because we don't know anybody from the government.

Meanwhile it's just within the local government, it has not reach the state level, At this present moment we don't know what to do. She has been so devastated and sad since morning. We have been praying but we still don't know what to do.

Since you already know what to do and have been doing it - praying, then why did you have to bring it here again ? Nigerians and prayer sha !

Work the prayer before your mother is retired prematurely ! I am sorry to say this because we are talking about your mum here but I hope she was not rude to the constituted authority of the Subeb ? She can be dealt with o !

I sincerely believe if she humbles herself well enough, someone within the authority will listen to her plea on health ground. I think her medical condition is strong enough to defend her course. You can contact your state ministry of education for proper guidance.

Don't just pray,make a move !

1 Like

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by maasoap(m): 10:21pm On Feb 10, 2020
[/quote][quote author=ayoadeifee post=86536684]I Am writing this with my heart bleeding with too much pains, I need help!!!!! My mom has been working with the government as a teacher for the past thirty two years, she's upright and diligent and a very hardworking woman, she's the best teacher I grew up to know.

Sorry, you have no case here. Is the transfer within the local government or to another local government? How many years she has left in the service that you all want to jeopardise everything? Let her collect the transfer letter, go and report at the new school before her salary is stopped so that you guys don't have another battle entirely different to fight.
Refusal to be transferred can have serious consequences, mostly stoppage of salary. Let her report to the new school, there will always be a way.

1 Like

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Idaytesj29(m): 10:47pm On Feb 10, 2020
Ijaycool:

Hmmm Mr Corrector of English, Course Rep of the English High Academy, you see your own mistakes?
Awon Prof.
Somebody dey wahala, you dey here dey grind grammar.
A excuse ko...

Meanwhile it's heartbreaking how we trivialize people's problem. I swear

You just made my day.

No one is perfect. No one speaks British English correctly all the time but we should be able to overlook or correct without crushing peoples self esteem. Referring to his mum is a total NO No.
Stop shaming people, life has advanced beyond that

1 Like

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Antichristus: 11:01pm On Feb 10, 2020
ayoadeifee:

HELLO. WHICH STATE OF THE FEDERATION?

1 Like

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by ayomideking(m): 11:13pm On Feb 10, 2020
Get a lawyer and sue SUBEB... Write a letter to the ministry of education.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Ogalanyaidi(m): 11:15pm On Feb 10, 2020
This must be Delta state
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Destom: 11:17pm On Feb 10, 2020
[s]
RPirez:

It shows your poor grammar / writing technique. You'll make a bad journalist or blogger. We already have too many poor ones, abeg. angry
[/s]
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Nobody: 11:35pm On Feb 10, 2020
I have a feeling this is Oyo state... I hope she wasn't among those mentioned on radio today. If she is take heart
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by xtratagem(m): 12:49am On Feb 11, 2020
lexy500:
I have a feeling this is Oyo state... I hope she wasn't among those mentioned on radio today. If she is take heart

You’re correct
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by moshwise(m): 12:54am On Feb 11, 2020
I guess this happened in Oyo state, I heard about the issues just two days back and my opinion was ..
1) She should accept the transfer and resume in her new school since the other Person usually sign in your mum's school every morning irrespective of your mum's acceptance.
2) Your mum should accept it as another challenge and pray for God's protection after all only God knows the unknown

But unfortunately just today, A Press release from SUBEB chairman confirmed Your mum refused to resume in her new post when he made an impromptu inspection around Ibadan metropolis and she is therefore Suspended with 12 others for different cases of Refusal of Deployment, Extortion of students and many more.
I will suggest your mum should write a letter of apology stating she is ready to accept her redeployment.
After some time, she can now request for another transfer.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Lifewithme: 5:42am On Feb 11, 2020
midnighter:

But the thing is that it was genuinely so difficult to read what she wrote.

Maybe that guy went overboard, but he had a point.
yeah, but there are better ways of doing that. He mocked her rather than correct.
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by GEEBITE: 6:34am On Feb 11, 2020
I know various meanings of spike,but all bible versions quoted speck(which means a tiny fragment almost dust like) not spike. There is no need debating this.[quote author=Ijaycool post=86545335][/quote]
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by sureinfo: 7:17am On Feb 11, 2020
Na wa o
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by Ijaycool(f): 8:22am On Feb 11, 2020
GEEBITE:
I know various meanings of spike,but all bible versions quoted speck(which means a tiny fragment almost dust like) not spike. There is no need debating this.

Although I am not quoting the Bible though, I may be lifting analogies from the Bible, but not quoting. Thanks though
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by West2019(m): 8:35am On Feb 11, 2020
ayoadeifee:

I understand ur point base on she is ur mother and the way there talking to her in public u re not well satisfy wit it .ur mum in question she dnt have any right to reject Transfer .if she stil insisting let her write to ministry of Education the have the final say .No be by fight

1 Like

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by midnighter(f): 9:08am On Feb 11, 2020
Lifewithme:
yeah, but there are better ways of doing that. He mocked her rather than correct.

Yes, you have a point there.
Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by teewety: 9:39am On Feb 11, 2020
ayoadeifee:

Send this to SERAP and hdi4nigeria@gmail.com ensure you state the name of the school.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: SUBEB: My Mother Was Cheated And Harassed At Her Workplace by oladotman(m): 10:31am On Feb 11, 2020
GboyegaD:

Your story is quite difficult to read. Please, compose yourself and do all necessary editing to make it readable. I am sure it will help many to profer solutions / contribute their suggestions.

I believe she's passed the message across fairly, and it's neither difficult to read nor understand. Unless you're insincere.We don't need her to speak Queen's English. Who does that help really?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Quits Her £50k Job To Start Her Own Business, Buys Her 1st House At 25 / Mechatronics Engineering In Nigeria / Busola Tejumola: Is She The Most Beautiful Executive Manager In Nigeria?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.