Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,123 members, 7,900,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 02:10 AM

Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition (9417 Views)

Tension Over Likely Clash Between Defence Minister, Service Chiefs / 2015-Eligibility: Tension Over Jonathan's Fate As Supreme Court Decides In 48Hrs / Anthony Ogugua Urges Ekweremadu To Drop His Senatorial Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by banom(m): 7:45pm On Dec 14, 2010
godfadda6:

Despite the fact the we cannot forget what Dora did in her time with NAFDAC, she just derailled inhe apporach to the re-brand Nigeria project, this was the woman defending late Yardua.

T[b]hough this is personal, but all her female childrem married whitemen and got dual citizenship and we are rebranding?? This is a woman her own brother-in-law fought over the burial of a relative, lets get serious, no bi say u don help us, u con dey kills us jare.[/b]

Madam Dora you have done well, go back to NAFDAC and be relavant, leave politics for the politicians, governance for the government and the governed, and legislator for those who know how to make noise and eat tax payers money.

Else that reputation is going to be rubbished, ask Daisy Danjuman

You see why i said that stupidity , envy and deep emotional problems is the problem of most of you, you sounded very foolish with the bolded, i advice you spend some time and upgrade your knowledge and understanding, it will help you,
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by chyz(m): 7:56pm On Dec 14, 2010
kayci_d77:

What has that got to do with Nigeria and the problem shes has solved, she is solving and she will solve,, her children are free to marry whoever they love, We r talking politices here and you r talking marriage. and its not all but just two. who are politicians , You think politicians are ppl who study politics in school, ewu grin

Amadioha gbukwe gi, ewu who?
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Obiagu1(m): 8:06pm On Dec 14, 2010
cjfavour:

Dora is good for us but she should not go back to PDP after the election.

Thank you. To everyone, Dora is good for us Anambra people and thank God, she's finally coming back home to APGA where reason triumph.

Leave Dora alone, she belongs to us and NOT to you.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Obiagu1(m): 8:07pm On Dec 14, 2010
chyz:

Amadioha gbukwe gi, ewu who?

Hahaha, ol'boy, dis your amadioha get power oo.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by macjive01: 8:42pm On Dec 14, 2010
@kobo, as I said earlier I hv followed your posts n reasoning on other threads and know Fully well that u re an intelligent person, but on this issue and bearing in mind this is Nigerian contest i think u re nt right in casting Dora Too negatively. who has been exceptional in yaradua/GEJ and even this GEJ/Sambo.
U were asking wat she has done in the past 24 months, ok,

Firstly she had the foresight to demand to have our NTA station video upgraded to HDMI from it's SDMI ie from standard to High definition, - yeah the contract didn't sail smoothly, it happened to b more expensive than it's SA canter-pact. Every body knows contracts in Naija are always more expensive becos of it's political and social terrain the contractor wud need to set out some money to settle waves an waves of area boy and fathers, village heads and local politicians.

One might say demanding and upgrade is no big deal but forgetting HD is nt todays tech and we hav had hundreds of mallams in that position what did they do?

She was in the cabinet o yes, she saw war turaki n the cabal were doing to d country saw how the cabal were treating GEj like a common houseboy, preventing him from seeing his Oga, barring him from meeting n some places in Aso rock. Bugged his phone, mal-treated patience Jonathan,  Gosh! This God fearing woman by name of Dora couldn't take it anymore. She tuned the news and heard wat nigerians were clamouring for, she prayed to God for strength and God answered her, with holy spirit on her guide and angels on her guard she stormed the FEC meeting and spoken those words, those words that Nigerian and th world over has demanded, pleaded for and cried for, those words that men in the meeting couldn't utter, words that final liberated backyard politics and installed the rule of law, Dora said; we know wat is right, nigerian know wat is right, this is the time to do that we all know Is right and hand over to our basket man fisherman who happens to b so devoid of ideas and proper reasoning but who is constitutionally shud b the acting president. With those word the yolk were broken and it became the harbinger that ushered in rule of law.

Dora is nt perfect, I think she is still very local and traditional but don't take it from her she is very courageous and bold, a woman of substance and heart of Gold, a woman of valour, a valour that some men, yes! some men can only dream of!
Encourage her .

Ok, if any one here has reservation abt her who then shud it b? She is mr the messiah definitely nt but we hope she cud at least b the John d baptist of our time that wud at the end usher in the living Christ.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Ericology(m): 8:47pm On Dec 14, 2010
Emperoh:

I just sense fear all over Ozodinobi's statement!!
Whats with reaping where she did not sow, did she steal his mandate?

I thought every nigerian of sound mind and body above 18 years is free to vote and be voted for?
What is Ozodinobi yapping about?

Absolutely right, she has every right to contest and if she defeats Ozodinobi, then it means that the people trust her with the mandate more then him
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by mustafar1: 8:50pm On Dec 14, 2010
Dora use the remainder of ur time as a minister for talk talk to push NASS members to pick up the FOI bill. Then we can clear ur way to join them in NASS
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Nsiman(m): 8:57pm On Dec 14, 2010
Those that are against Akunyili's aspiration to the senate, let me ask u, HOW DO U IDENTIFY A GOOD POLITICAL ASPIRANT?
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by raycomray: 9:37pm On Dec 14, 2010
I HAVE GOT THIS FEELING THAT THIS WOMAN HAS GOT AN ACE UP HER SLEEVES.
SHE MIGHT BE UP TO SOME DEFT POLITICAL MOVES WHICH MAY NOT BE CLEAR TO THE ORDINARY MIND.
JUST WATCH OUT!
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by justdream(m): 9:49pm On Dec 14, 2010
This Dora Akunyili Woman Too Dey Money Crazy, She Don Loot The Treasury Of Ministry of Information Finish And Now Its Empty, She Wanna Run To The Senate. She Acts All Good Buh Man That Woman Na Jezebel Hersef. Abeg She Shud Just Be Disgraced at The Polls Walahi.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by tunyus(m): 9:56pm On Dec 14, 2010
godfadda6:

Despite the fact the we cannot forget what Dora did in her time with NAFDAC, she just derailled inhe apporach to the re-brand Nigeria project, this was the woman defending late Yardua.

Though this is personal, but all her female childrem married whitemen and got dual citizenship and we are rebranding?? This is a woman her own brother-in-law fought over the burial of a relative, lets get serious, no bi say u don help us, u con dey kills us jare.

Madam Dora you have done well, go back to NAFDAC and be relavant, leave politics for the politicians, governance for the government and the governed, and legislator for those who know how to make noise and eat tax payers money.

Else that reputation is going to be rubbished, ask Daisy Danjuman
hw come this ANIMAL get to escape from the ZOO where u are being kept.
Somepple are just RETARD.fool like you
No wonder he call himself godfada of animal.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by tunyus(m): 10:08pm On Dec 14, 2010
justdream:

This Dora Akunyili Woman Too Dey Money Crazy, She Don Loot The Treasury Of Ministry of Information Finish And Now Its Empty, She Wanna Run To The Senate. She Acts All Good Buh Man That Woman Na Jezebel Hersef. Abeg She Shud Just Be Disgraced at The Polls Walahi.
another ANIMAL as escape from the ZOO where they are being kept -----dan iska
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Kobojunkie: 10:24pm On Dec 14, 2010
macjive01:

@kobo, as I said earlier I hv followed your posts n reasoning on other threads and know Fully well that u re an intelligent person, but on this issue and bearing in mind this is Nigerian contest i think u re nt right in casting Dora Too negatively. who has been exceptional in yaradua/GEJ and even this GEJ/Sambo.
U were asking wat she has done in the past 24 months, ok,

Firstly she had the foresight to demand to have our NTA station video upgraded to HDMI from it's SDMI ie from standard to High definition, - yeah the contract didn't sail smoothly, it happened to b more expensive than it's SA canter-pact. Every body knows contracts in Naija are always more expensive becos of it's political and social terrain the contractor wud need to set out some money to settle waves an waves of area boy and fathers, village heads and local politicians.
One might say demanding and upgrade is no big deal but forgetting HD is nt todays tech and we hav had hundreds of mallams in that position what did they do?
Upgrading NTA stations to HDMI is of no importance to the Nigerian people. It is meaningless to the average Nigerian out there. Please at least be honest with yourself about that.
I recently upgraded my monitors to HDMI monitors and my clients couldn’t care less about that. What they want to know is that I am at least making progress with their work, the work they are paying me to actually do for them.
Also if I remember well, the NTA contracts came with scandals abundant, of which your dear Dora pleaded Ignorance as her defense. You should go back and read that interview of hers to understand how she also bungled that project, claiming ignorance as reason why she should not be held responsible.
Also, you are wrong to state that HD is today’s tech. No, it is NOT. In fact many around the world and much of Africa are still operating with old tech, and have no problems of any kind. Matter of fact, I still own my old analog TV and I have no plans to turn it in anytime soon.
macjive01:

She was in the cabinet o yes, she saw war turaki n the cabal were doing to d country saw how the cabal were treating GEj like a common houseboy, preventing him from seeing his Oga, barring him from meeting n some placing in Aso rock. Bugged his phone, mal-treated patience Jonathan, Gosh! This God fearing woman by name of Dora couldn't take it anymore. She tuned the news and heard wat nigerians were clamouring for, she prayed to God for strength and God answered her, with holy spirit on her guide and angels on her guard she stormed the FEC meeting and spoken those words, those words that Nigerian and th world over has demanded, pleaded for and cried for, those words that men in the meeting couldn't utter, words that final liberated badback politics and installed the rule of law, Dora said; we know way is right, nigerian know wat is right, this is the time to do that we all know Is right and hand over to our basket man fisherman who happens to b so devoid of ideas an proper reasoning but is constitutionally shud b the acting president. With those word the yolk were broken and it began the harbinger that ushered in rule of law.
You do realize there is little or no evidence to support most of all we heard back then? Even the Wikipedia leak has NO INFORMATION of any such happening, so may I suggest you ask Dora to substantiate most of what she fed the nation back then.
She claimed there was a Cabal, that has yet to be substantiated. She pretended she was not a member of said Cabal but she enabled the Cabal in the end to get exactly what it wanted from the Nigerian people. I am sorry, unless you are going to tell me that the holy ghost lies, I suggest you stick to what the Bible tells you and that is NOT TO BARE FALSE WITNESS OF ANY KIND.
On your claim that Nigeria was liberated from badluck politics, I would like to draw your attention to the fact that what we

macjive01:

Dora is nt perfect, I think she is still very local and traditional but don't take it from her she is very courageous and bold, a woman of substance and heart of Gold, a woman of valour, a valour that some men, yes! some men can only dream of!
Encourage her .
Ok, if any one here has reservation abt her who then shud it b? She is mr the messiah definitely nt but we hope she cud at least b the John d baptist of our time that wud at the end usher in the living Christ.
NOBODY asked her to be perfect oo. All we want is for her to do the job she has been hired and paid for, for the past two years. She has her hands and legs and so does not need me praying for her or edging her own to do her job.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Kobojunkie: 10:27pm On Dec 14, 2010
please visit this thread to find out more info

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-566170.64.html
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by maga1: 11:19pm On Dec 14, 2010
at this time when sinators are collecting big big money, who no go want to join them. abeg make una allow madam dora make she enjoy herself. lol
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by macjive01: 12:36am On Dec 15, 2010
@kobo,
I don't know where to start.
Ok, firstly, on the HDMI, I said it is not today's tech, it's been long it can out why didn't the previous mallams that occupied that position effect it's change.

2. Could u remb abt the mobitel I think-nt sure abt the name, broad band spectrum lience that was mared with accusations and reports of bribery, what did Dora do? Was her first action in office, she order the NCC to suspend the liencing of that particular spectrum and ordered the NCC to investigates and report to her, don't know how it ended but gives hope to an unfairly treated person.

3. On the cabal issue: yes the wikileak did highlight it. I'm typing from my phone so nt able to copy the link for u, the wikileak noted that there were people every major Buiz transaction has to go thru or at least get their consent b4 it see the green light, it went ahead to mention their names
3.1: turaki yaradua
3.2: the chief security officer
3.3: attoney general- it even went forward to narrate how A.J demanded for $500000 to sign on to a piece of contract for an oil block.

4. I'm nt praising Dora cos I know better but I wudnt nt criticise her and band her together with these looter cos she is not.
If she was going for a governorship I wud properly b against it cos she hasn't much of a vision to look forward to.
But in the senate, I think she is actual the kind of person Nigeria needs for those positions - people who has stood and fought for the common masses against the drug lords- kobo ask ursef why is it only during Dora tenure at nafdac that large contains upon containers of drugs were destroyed, markets closed, companies suspended? now she is out of there are we hearing of any major busting of these fake drug syndicate?
Does it mean they hv stoped importing fake drugs??

5. She could appear to b an opportunist to some , that's fine it's nt a crime.
Loud to some, yeah this is Africa, majority of d people respect mostly people are loud and bash. She simply knows her game. Morover it general thing wit Naija women of her era my mum is as well loud, shout at u even over small matters.

6. Kobo, I know u re well informed so please cud u point out five people in that country that has a good track record that could be championed for, For a political position?
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by godfadda6(m): 12:48am On Dec 15, 2010
Why can't she defend Yar'adua? Was Yar'adua a devil like IBB? In addition, I think it is naive and mischievous to bring her family life into this. There are two sides to a story. How come you held on to her brother-in-law's story? Still smirks of hypocrisy and envy typical of Nigerians. Leave Dora alone! What have you done for Nigeria. Please reel them out!!!!

you see what the problem of most nigerian are, we don't leave governance for those who r supposed to govern rather wre just go abt we out "ogogoro" political debate,was it not in this country one man came and said Dora came to beg for ministerial post, we say the man dey craze, was it not in this government we critised the money spent on "re-branding", was it not in this ssame country we talked about Dora's inlaw importing fake drugs into this country until she used them to scroce political point

what i'm saying is that we have been betrayed for so long by those we call leaders, can you look up to Dora and say i want my daughter to be like her yes she started well, but how is he going about it you feel all this thing sare jungle journalism, but we forget that in every story there is always an iota of truth in it, if i belong to a party which i protect it's leadership i.ethe preseident what will prompt me to seek support for a party whom i have not invested anything that is ashewo politics, me i'm not saying Dora is bad my own is that she can be relevant in other plaacesthan rubbishing her intergrityu in a house that doesn't have interigty, soon they will make her house leader on communication an she will come and be defending what is not, see Abike? look guys Nigeria has been morgaged to some "cabals" what we need now is a semi revolution, make all this peopl old and thier ideolgy r extinct, go and trace the origin of radicalism, karl marx,
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by macjive01: 1:02am On Dec 15, 2010
@godfadda, I don't support u, so becos u think we need a revolution, a revolution that no one is yet willing to lead, so the few good people in the country who still manages to command a bit of respect and truth in them shud shy away from governance - so as nt to get smeared And leave the governance to these vulture currently in power till ur revolution comes. ??
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Kobojunkie: 1:08am On Dec 15, 2010
macjive01:

@kobo,
I don't know where to start.
Ok, firstly, on the HDMI, I said it is not today's tech, it's been long it can out why didn't the previous mallams that occupied that position effect it's change.
Who knows but AGAIN, changing the tech format is not one of her critical missions as Information minister. I hope you followed the link I posted to at least get an idea what the job of an information minister really is.

macjive01:

2. Could u remb abt the mobitel I think-nt sure abt the name, broad band spectrum lience that was mared with accusations and reports of bribery, what did Dora do? Was her first action in office, she order the NCC to suspend the liencing of that particular spectrum and ordered the  NCC to investigates and report to her, don't know how it ended but gives hope to an unfairly treated person.
WOW . .  so for you, an officer suspending a license is an accomplishment?  You are beginning to scare the crap out of me. First you claim switching production formats is a major accomplishment, now you list suspending a license also? **Shudders**

macjive01:

3. On the cabal issue: yes the wikileak did highlight it. I'm typing from my phone so nt able to copy the link for u, the wikileak noted that there were people every major Buiz transaction has to go thru or at least get their consent b4 it see the green light, it went ahead to mention their names
3.1: turaki yaradua
3.2: the chief security officer
3.3: attoney general- it even went forward to narrate how A.J demanded for $500000 to sign on to a piece of contract for an oil block.
Actually, that is not true. On the CABAL, the wikileak released cleared the people you have above. Even your beloved Jonathan cleared Turai of the accusations only last week. The AG was never really a member of the CABAL – he was AG in all of it and he did exactly what he had been doing all the while, collecting money for work from any and everyone he could.
The security officer was guilty of keeping people from going in to the president BUT he is not guilty of what Dora accused the Cabal of doing –  She infact ended up helping make sure Yar adua remained president till death. She also helped NASS find a way to circumvent rule of law so as to keep yar adua as president but then have Jonathan installed as Acting President(the constitution is against it happening the way it did).

macjive01:

4. I'm nt praising Dora cos I know better but I wudnt nt criticise her and band her together with these looter cos she is not.
If she was going for a governorship I wud properly b against it cos she hasn't much of a vision to look forward to.
But in the senate, I think she is actual the kind of person Nigeria needs for those positions - people who has stood and fought for the common masses against the drug lords- kobo ask ursef why is it only during Dora tenure at nafdac that large contains upon containers of drugs were destroyed, markets closed, companies suspended? now she is out of there are we hearing of any major busting of these fake drug syndicate?
Does it mean they hv stoped importing fake drugs??
Well, good for you. I have nothing to share with these people. As far as I am concerned someone who does a bad job is someone who does a bad job. I don’t care where the person’s mama or papa is from or how many times a day the person claims to pray. If you do bad, you do bad and I will not hold back.
Someone who failed WOEFULLY in a leadership role for 24 consecutive months – unless you are all too willing to turn a blind eye to the obvious, there is no way you can get such a person into a LEGISLATIVE seat in advanced nations. This is why I love westerners, they believe in merit and I like that. You show you are capable and you have what it takes, you move ahead but if you show you are not capable, they let you know.  
Na for Nigeria we dey reward failure with a promotion. Despicable behavior, and then we wonder why we continue to get the same old crop of failures. You are willing to give Dora a pass – Another person out there is likely willing to give another failed person a pass and before you know it, we have a NASS filled with verified failures, on given a free pass by people like you who are unwilling to call a spade a spade but all too willing to allow failure continue.

macjive01:

5. She could appear to b an opportunist to some , that's fine it's nt a crime.
Loud to some, yeah this is Africa, majority of d people respect mostly people are loud and bash. She simply knows her game. Morover it general thing wit Naija women of her era my mum is as well loud, shout at u even over small matters.
I am sorry but contrary to what you claim to know of her, her own record shows you are lying. 2 whole years of accomplishing nothing and you think you can somehow make that all disappear by simply telling people it is not real? Come on now.

macjive01:

6.  Kobo, I know u re well informed so please cud u point out five people in that country that has a good track record that could be championed for, For a political position?
I am guessing you are in a developed country as we speak. When you boss calls you in for a review and tells you you are not doing a good job, do you ask him to point out five people in the company that have a good track record? Please put an end to this ridiculous nonsense and judge ALL your leaders, including this one, FAIRLY. Only then will you actually help this country, Nigeria, move forward. Stop doing everything you can to make sure Nigeria does not move forward . . . if not for you, at least for your children's sake!
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by macjive01: 1:47am On Dec 15, 2010
@Kobo, for chirst sake we re in Nigeria - a country where every elected/select/ appointed person is massively stuck in the cookie jar.
What is judgement? There has to be relativity to make a judge. Re u judging aunty Dora base on jame cameron's track record?

If a LGA chairman builds a school and a road thru out his tenure whereas the previous one did nothing and probably even owed teachers salary, in Naija we go say he tried. Even wen he shud actually hv done more. And comparing him internationally might warrant his death-( being a disgrace.)

Ok rightful I shud agree wit ur statement but the truth is that all of them politician/ ministers/ governor/ parastater etc are crook and devoid of ideas and vision.
So even something a slight as conversion to HDMI or rightfull suspending the lience till outcome of investigation become laudable becos normal an aboki in the information position might even recommend the closure of NTA and remand the country to Listen to shortwave radio.
On the lience issue, the normal practice wud hav been to settle the minister and she wud side with accused against the aggrieved
But Dora is the one eyed woman Amist the blind, it's only natural that we work with her.

Kobo we re nt in a debate but only brain storming and networking to make sense of nigerias problems, when I asked u to name 5 pple ina country of 220 million pple it wasn't to ridicule u but to point it out that there is no one amongst the tested.
So Dora's half eyed shud b Regretfully appreciated. It's a shame but that's Naija 4 u.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Kobojunkie: 1:49am On Dec 15, 2010
Trust me when I tell you that no  amount of brainstorming will me bring myself to accept that PROMOTING FAILURE is the way to continue. I am sorry. . .  I have seen and learnt how things ought to work and I am not going back to the "failure can be brushed off as good" mentality that plagues many still. 

A list of the functions and responsibilities of a minister of information is available at the link I posted there as well since I have noticed how no one wants to take time to learn exactly what an information minister, or even any of our other ministers ought to be doing for us, but people are quick to dismiss factual information provided them simply on conjecture and nonsense arguments.

At this point, I don't want to continue with this as I have sufficiently made my point and my stance clear.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Arysexy(m): 5:26am On Dec 15, 2010
^^^^

if u don't want to accept, then hang ur self or cool down for dora. u can't b more catholic than the pope! come 2011, aunty dora will represent us. Anambra wants her, ok. if u think so much about her u 'll get heart attack. she is our candidate and shall get our votes.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by fxmaxony(m): 7:33am On Dec 15, 2010
some body is trying to truncate her current appointment by publishing this, if tehy had said she was wanting to contest in PDP, that could have been true.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by mustafar1: 7:35am On Dec 15, 2010
Lower your standard because your leaders can't meet up to it.

Madam, xmas gift to nigerians. Just mention FOI bill in one of ur media yarns
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by rhymz(m): 7:39am On Dec 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Trust me when I tell you that no  amount of brainstorming will me bring myself to accept that PROMOTING FAILURE is the way to continue. I am sorry. . .  I have seen and learnt how things ought to work and I am not going back to the "failure can be brushed off as good" mentality that plagues many still. 

A list of the functions and responsibilities of a minister of information is available at the link I posted there as well since I have noticed how no one wants to take time to learn exactly what an information minister, or even any of our other ministers ought to be doing for us, but people are quick to dismiss factual information provided them simply on conjecture and nonsense arguments.

At this point, I don't want to continue with this as I have sufficiently made my point and my stance clear.
. . . I am yet to see anyone with a bigger delusions than Your, always struggling to make sense. Abeg shut da 4ck up and eat Ur Mcdonalds, too much googling don dey make U think say U sabi sth, rubbish!
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Nektar(f): 8:10am On Dec 15, 2010
Nothing is wrong wt her ambition and her opponent should kept hs mouth shut and contest d party flag bearer wt her than making unnecessary noise.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by rhymz(m): 8:40am On Dec 15, 2010
People should stop being too idealistic and make their arguement in tune with what is obtainable in the Nigerian Polity 2day.
Dora Akunyili may not have performed like she did at NAFDAC but isn' t it obvious why? Being an Information minister is a totally different ball game 4rm being a director general at Nafdac. As minister you are required to be the mouth piece of the Govt, tell her lies, half truths and what ve U. What Dora has done since is try to suppress her true nature of fighting for the truth just to accommodate the demands of her job. And the results of such struggle has been the conflicting nature of her performance. But we cant take it away from her that she is a good and courageous woman at heart no matter how anyone tries to look it. Some people say she is ambitious, and so what? What is wrong with being ambitious? Who is not ambitious? As long as you submit Urself to the proper process of scrutiny, it is part of any successful person to be ambitious.
I hate it when ppl are always looking for faults and excuses not to accord ppl their respect when they are deserving of it. Anybody that has known that fellow that calls herself Kobojunkie will understand my point, the lady does not do anything else than criticize, whine and complain, nobody is deserving of a chance in her eyes, through her own standards and vetting process every Nigerian is a crook and a suspect. She can manufacture a million reasons from the figment of her imaginations why sth is wrong and everybody is a suspect. Make stupid idealistic arguement and comparisons that are far-fetched. If every Nigerian thinks like that then I shudder at what will be our fate. Abeg people should give Dora a chance not because we think she is the best thing since slice bread but because we all know from our hearts of hearts that the woman is well intentioned, qualify and understand what is required of her. Let's give her the chance and not raise the standards when it comes to her, she will make mistakes and play politics too these are facts but she would also give her sincerity and passion to it and represent her ppl best. Enough of the Kobojunkie junks.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 15, 2010
Dora is now no.1 enemy of Nigerian youths because she wants to ban the name 9ja. 9ja is a name that bring out patriotism and unity in Nigerians and that female malu wants to ban it.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by vicenzo(m): 9:19am On Dec 15, 2010
Dora is a woman of substance,we keep saying we dont want good persons to be in politics because it wil make them corrupt and later we start whining how bad our politicians perform,wel nature does not support vaccum so if the good ones dont get there definately the bad ones will,more over anambra people are not complaining, how come its people who are not even from the east let alone anambra that are complaining,shouldnt these anambra wanna-be be worried about the senators from their states,dora is okay for we anambrarians, so dont take a pill for another mans headache,the last time i checked she was vying to represent anambra people and not nigeria.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 15, 2010
i agree with EMPEROH, there is real fear in ozodinobo man. We now know why she is trying to reap where she didn't sow.APGA will surely win from ozodi fear and whining.
I sense this ozodi man having something up his' sleeve against Dora if she venture.
Re: Tension Over Akunyili’s Senatorial Ambition by Gr8Animash: 10:15am On Dec 15, 2010
This dora akunyili shud go nd die jo, isnt she tired of eating, stupid woman.dosnt she have a man providin 4 her family, or shes spendin the money on young male prostitutes, idot lady, e dey vex me ehn,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'Ijaw Won’t Take Insult From ACN' — Konbowei Benson Friday, Bayelsa Speaker / Face-off Between Oshiohmole And Ngige To Be Resolved Amicably, Says Lai Mohammed / Seriake Dickson Is Best Nigerian Gov. Says Secondus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.