Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,361 members, 7,947,588 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 01:26 AM

28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India (18904 Views)

Flood Takes Over The Railway In Oshodi, Lagos (Video) / Train Goes Off The Railway In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) / Rotimi Amaechi Inspects Ebute-Metta Railway In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 4:30am On Feb 19, 2020
the untouchable.

at first i thought he helped clean the floor and the conductor would give him some proper food. but hell no. the untouchable ate what he scooped from the floor. the "privilege" of being allowed on the train was something grand bestowed by the conductor who picked and ate at wish at the food from any passing-by venders in the cabin. he(conductor) just ate too much , he needed a nap now and then.

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 4:34am On Feb 19, 2020
with a pair of binoculars.

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by Nobody: 4:38am On Feb 19, 2020
igbesachick:

i am not a tourist, Mr. Troll. i am an adventurist.

i jumped out of the train because i was too polite , i saw a lady's cabin after i got on that train, and i chose to exit it when the train started moving. but i think you would stay there, or else you would call being racially discriminated against.

save adequate money to book a hotel? what does this mean? are you trying to say i could not get a room because my money was not enough? how ?

being an adventurist, i tried my best to taste all sorts of disgusting food, not just in india. anyway, when i was in rome, i had to eat like a roman. i preferred to have diarrhea (which i had at least one time each week in india) to have suffered from hunger.

as to app online? have you been to india? no SIM card shops would sell SIM cards to foreigners, passport presented or not. without a phone card, how can you use any app? and who will use an app while tons of guesthouses are around in the street?

obviously, you have never traveled. you take everything for granted.

Yeah sure adventurist oga

Next time, take time to read the warnings written outside and inside local coaches

Hefty fines including prison term for traveling inside women only carriages. Incase you did not notice .

Your adventure will be cut short

And yeah I have never travelled

My only advice do what you want , it's your life
But best be safe than sorry and a fair warning to the other readers to not try the same. Their choice, atleast can't say nobody warned them

And now I will excuse myself out of the thread and so don't mind me jare

More grease to your future adventures
Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 4:42am On Feb 19, 2020
at 11pm, i arrived in ahmedabad. it was 50km away from the "famous" taj mahal. but i would never go to any travel spot.

due to its lateness, most hotels were reluctant to accept guests. so, i had to take a tuk tuk and be recommended by the driver to one of HIS favorite guesthouses. i really hated this way. not just an obvious rip-off, but also a contravention to my independent spirit.

i had to surrender, it was late, and i was tired, the city was quiet like hell. the more time i wasted, the less time i slept, and the less worthy the money i spent in a room.

1 Like

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 4:48am On Feb 19, 2020
nemesis8u:

Yeah sure adventurist oga

Next time, take time to read the warnings written outside and inside local coaches

Hefty fines including prison term for traveling inside women only carriages. Incase you did not notice .

Your adventure will be cut short

sorry , but those warnings, if any, are in hindi language.

to protect indian women from indian male rapists.

2 Likes

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 4:53am On Feb 19, 2020
nemesis8u:

And yeah I have never travelled

My only advice do what you want , it's your life
But best be safe than sorry and a fair warning to the other readers to not try the same.

by the way, in any NORMAL country, there would never be a women's cabin seperated for them.

in a civilized country, men and women sit together without the fuss of the law to worry whether the men would rape the women.

the existence of the female cabins is a shame for india. and any person but indian nationality, would be allowed not to understand the existence of such cabins.

4 Likes

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 4:59am On Feb 19, 2020
after i looked for and settled myself down in a rundown guesthouse, which even wished to withhold my pssport overnight and which i certainly refused, i sallied forth to eat something.

a snack stall for night owls was still on business. cheap, 150 naira, for a bowl of fried rice with a scrambled egg and lots of curry. i finished it on bed at 2am.

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 5:01am On Feb 19, 2020
the food stall.

end of day 11

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by chelseamann(m): 5:11am On Feb 19, 2020
I don't like India ..
It looks soo "unappealing" to me..
I prefer to tour an African country than this...
Wonderful Job Sir..
Keep the updates coming

4 Likes

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by SimplyJuice: 5:18am On Feb 19, 2020
chelseamann:
I don't like India ..
Wonderful Job Sir..
Keep the updates coming
India is a poor country. No decent infrastructure.
Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 5:26am On Feb 19, 2020
chelseamann:
I don't like India ..
Wonderful Job Sir..
Keep the updates coming

but india is said to be the pearl of the crown of the british colonialism.
Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by Nobody: 5:29am On Feb 19, 2020
igbesachick:

sorry , but those warnings, if any, are in hindi language.

No they are not

They are in english , local language and hindi
Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 5:31am On Feb 19, 2020
nemesis8u:

No they are not

They are in english , local language and hindi

show me
Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by Nobody: 5:32am On Feb 19, 2020
igbesachick:

by the way, in any NORMAL country, there would never be a women's cabin seperated for them.

in a civilized country, men and women sit together without the fuss of the law to worry whether the men would rape the women.

the existence of the female cabins is a shame for india. and any person but indian nationality, would be allowed not to understand the existence of such cabins.

Their country their rules wetin concern me ?
Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by Nobody: 5:33am On Feb 19, 2020
igbesachick:

show me

Then will you accept that you have been posting half lies all along ?
Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by Nobody: 5:38am On Feb 19, 2020
igbesachick:

Is Japan normal enough for you ?

Or

Is japan civilised enough for you ?

I will not waste my time any longer

As I said more grease to your elbow
May you have more adventures
Gud luck

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 5:51am On Feb 19, 2020
day12 ,

a recoup day in ahmadabad. very interesting day , because i knew nothing of this city and it was not a travel hotspot and barely introduced by any guide book. so it was TOTALLY beyond my expectation !

this was the morning view , i stayed in a room on the 4th floor

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 5:52am On Feb 19, 2020
nemesis8u:

Ik

japanese are famous for their sexual molesters in the public transportation.

2 Likes

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 5:58am On Feb 19, 2020
shoe polisher, bearing an asian face. i took an indian to be a chinese in the plane when i came to india. he (the flight passenger)is from the northeast 7 small states. i am really curious about their mindset. are they in favor of india or china? one is their alleged motherland, one is their ethnic brother.

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 6:05am On Feb 19, 2020
the biggest mosque in ahmadabad.

i have seen the "shoes off" sign. but i did not want my shoes to be stolen. i went in with shoes on.but i was then called off. i hid my shoes (only worth 20dollars, but many indians were bare-foot) in a shrub.

i have watched an indian movie. they even stole flipflops.

1 Like

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by chelseamann(m): 6:11am On Feb 19, 2020
SimplyJuice:

India is a poor country. No decent infrastructure.
yea .I see that
Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by Nobody: 6:33am On Feb 19, 2020
igbesachick:

japanese are famous for their sexual molesters in the public transportation.

Lol

Then
What about Brazilians ?
What about Malaysians ?

They also famous for some kind of sexual perversion ?

And importantly what about china ?

Due to what sexual perversion did they run female's only train , which unfortunately turned out to be a failure because of failure to prevent men from getting in forcibly .

The difference is in the capabilities of the above countries to facilitate hasslefree transport of women passengers during rush hours . Where women passengers are in a disadvantage compared to male passengers when boarding unisex compartments.

During rush hour these countries move more passengers in single day than what most countries move in 1 month or 1 year or even 10 years.

Eg.
indian railway transports more than 25 million passengers each day and that's the entire population of Australia . It runs more than 14,300 trains across 7127 stations daily.

So for some incompetence has many excuses

1 Like

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 7:46am On Feb 19, 2020
last night, encountered a weird muslim hotel. muslim consist 10% of the whole indian population, making it 100 million strong. but it is still a small number in india.

so i may see how much they are clampdowned , and how twisted their minds are, and how hateful they are to outsiders.

the reason why i had my dinner at 2am, greatly attributed to a muslim hotel stalling me for 40minutes. its owner twirling and conning my passport behind a computer, talking with his hirelings in hindi, all laughing at my info. i dare not retrieve it back, until they found it not an fun any more and sent me out by saying they had a computer problem and thus i could not have a room.

i just felt how amazed a minority group in india would behave towards another. i lost my last bit of sympathy to indian muslim. they did a good job for themselves.

2 Likes

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 7:49am On Feb 19, 2020
koran inside the mosque

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 7:52am On Feb 19, 2020
muslim praying . ahmadabad is in the west of india. the closer to pakistan, the more muslim.

1 Like

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by Asquare84(m): 7:53am On Feb 19, 2020
I don't understand the aspect that Indians don't give out hotel room to foreigners, is it racism or what ? I can't imagine Nigeria treating a foreigners like that
Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 7:55am On Feb 19, 2020
the female apostle/beggar at the side gate of the mosque.

i was not a muslim, neither a indian. so , i would not give her money.

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 7:56am On Feb 19, 2020
Asquare84:
I don't understand the aspect that Indians don't give out hotel room to foreigners, is it racism or what ? I can't imagine Nigeria treating a foreigners like that

i dont know either. luckily, they are just few. most are normal ones.
Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 7:57am On Feb 19, 2020
the dome of the mosque.

1 Like

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 7:58am On Feb 19, 2020
the columns in the mosque.

it was free to enter, just to remove the shoes and be quiet.

1 Like

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 8:00am On Feb 19, 2020
the introduction of the mosque.

Re: 28 Days, 10000 Miles, Railway In India by igbesachick: 8:04am On Feb 19, 2020
crossed a bridge and roaming in this city

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (29) (Reply)

COVID-19: Don't Come Home For Christmas - PTF Advises Nigerians Abroad / UAE Denies Stopping Issuance Of 3 Months Visa To Nigerians / Please I Need Direction To Gbagada!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.