Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,107 members, 7,887,228 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 02:33 AM

Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku (7599 Views)

Imo Assembly Workers Lock-out Corpse Of Ex-speaker Over Unpaid Salaries / Imo Assembly Workers Lock-out Lawmakers Over Unpaid Salaries / Imo Assembly To Honour Young Rocket Launchers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 20, 2010
@babasoty,
what nigeria and the large world is working towards is a one man, one vote situation. have u ever tot of voting a different candidate while your parents vote another? have u ever tot of the maturity and level of understanding that comes with you having you senses of your own?
gone are the days when ppl make decissions for others. why are under aged ppl not allowed to vote? at 18, u are expected to make your decissions and bear the consequences of your decissions and actions.
the idea of having legislatures is to make useful laws and not breaking of laws.
it is time ppl look at candidates and what they have to offer and vote with their minds.
with this one party system growing up in nigeria, do u think democracy is having its ways?
no wonder we hold no one responsible for our situations. how can u talk tomorrow when the decission of who to vote for was made on your behalf by someone else.
uncle, if you are not matured enough to take your decissions on who to vote for, it means u are not eligible to vote.
if there is any decission that is going to be personal, it is who u want to be the next president?
it is rather unfortunate that many of us sign in here just to follow the crowd.
many cannot tell u why they want a particular candidate to be the next president.
it is obvious that the weak imo house are too idle that irrelevant things have taken over them.
did anyone of them win election even the gov ohakim? we all know the history so let these obasanjo directed movies made old news.

Did Ciroma and his ilk ever think of that before trying to impose Atiku on Nigerians.
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Kobojunkie: 6:39pm On Dec 20, 2010
Donmeca:

Right. They make laws that govern their state but not the Southern part of Nigeria, my analogy shows that they don't and can't speak for the south. they are free to adopt aspirants. Governors even have the right to adopt their choice candidates, y not legislators? They believe in a person and and wish to plead with people to support their choice. . . the way I c it.

Are you joking? undecided
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Kobojunkie: 6:41pm On Dec 20, 2010
1025:

@babasoty,
what nigeria and the large world is working towards is a one man, one vote situation. have u ever tot of voting a different candidate while your parents vote another? have u ever tot of the maturity and level of understanding that comes with you having you senses of your own?
gone are the days when ppl make decissions for others. why are under aged ppl not allowed to vote? at 18, u are expected to make your decissions and bear the consequences of your decissions and actions.
the idea of having legislatures is to make useful laws and not breaking of laws.
it is time ppl look at candidates and what they have to offer and vote with their minds.
with this one party system growing up in nigeria, do u think democracy is having its ways?
no wonder we hold no one responsible for our situations. how can u talk tomorrow when the decission of who to vote for was made on your behalf by someone else.
uncle, if you are not matured enough to take your decissions on who to vote for, it means u are not eligible to vote.
if there is any decission that is going to be personal, it is who u want to be the next president?
many cannot tell u why they want a particular candidate to be the next president.

it is obvious that the weak imo house are too idle that irrelevant things have taken over them.
did anyone of them win election even the gov ohakim? we all know the history so let these obasanjo directed movies made old news.

help me ooo!
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by kobojokobo: 6:47pm On Dec 20, 2010
^^^^

Why do we have primaries then?
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 20, 2010
help me ooo!

Kobo ur the most ludicrous person i have ever met online, In one breath you hail what ciroma and co did and in another you want us to decide by ourselves who we wanna vote for---- Where the Almajiri's ever consulted before Ciroma spoke for them.
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Donmeca(m): 6:54pm On Dec 20, 2010

@1025; your points are well taken but do u really think that Nigeria is ripe for this? In what terms. . .literacy, honesty of purpose, quality of life? your epistle made a good reading but bros, in dis statement
, u shud know dat u and I are not members of any of the political parties, we can only vote for whomever d parties select as candidates. At dis level, our hands are tied. . .they get untied at the general elections only that by then, we may be left with d worst humans available. We only choose b/w d devil and d deep blue sea.

Kobojunkie:

help me ooo!
u argue well though your ideas sound utopic. Nigeria is basically unripe for certain points u import from from your residence and thus, they CANNOT work here. We still play tribal here, which is bad anyway.
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Sharonf(f): 6:55pm On Dec 20, 2010
I'm actually very surprised Kobojunkie is actually replying!
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Kobojunkie: 6:58pm On Dec 20, 2010
Donmeca:

d parties select as candidates.

u argue well though your ideas sound utopic. Nigeria is basically unripe for certain points u import from from your residence and thus, they CANNOT work here. We still play tribal here, which is bad anyway.

They are not utopic . . . we have the CONSTITUTION IN PLACE that tells us we can ACHIEVE this if we want to. Problem is we are here hailing an illegal move that SHACKLES AND RESTRICTS THE RIGHTS OF IMO STATE people from supporting and voting FREELY from whomever they want to, and we wonder why things don't ever work fine for the Nation as a whole.  shocked

There is nothing mandating we continue to play the age old tribal politics that has been proven STUPI-D on all sides pOLITICS? We can do better for self, starting now
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by seanet02: 7:03pm On Dec 20, 2010
Who cares
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Donmeca(m): 7:04pm On Dec 20, 2010
kobojokobo:

^^^^

Why do we have primaries then?

My point. . .we don't get to see the very best at the elections proper.

Kobojunkie:

They are not utopic . . . we have the CONSTITUTION IN PLACE that tells us we can ACHIEVE this if we want to. Problem is we are here hailing an illegal move that SHACKLES AND RESTRICTS THE RIGHTS OF IMO STATE people to vote or not vote for whomever they want to, and we wonder why things don't ever work fine for the Nation as a whole.  shocked

Who among d Imo PDP delegate wants otherwise? the Imo people will finally vote for whomever their delegates throw up after the primaries. Just like the Americans voted Obama after the Democratic Party delegates prefered him to Clinton.
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by kobojokobo: 7:06pm On Dec 20, 2010
The constitution is just some gibberish written for the sake of writing

It is a western import.

Politics in nigeria is different from everywhere else.

Tribal politics or whatever you call it is how we have governed ourselves before the coming of the White man, and it is here to stay.

As a matter of fact, the tribal politics is better than the stupi-d western politics you want us to do.

For starters, how do we carry the legions of illiterates and almanjiris along? Definitely not by using big words to describe happennings in our polity, No?
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Kobojunkie: 7:12pm On Dec 20, 2010
Donmeca:

My point. . .we don't get to see the very best at the elections proper.

So what? If you feel that way, then you are free, to, at this point, bring up your own candidate. I am not sure how this changes anything of the problem with Legislators taking it into their hands to decide who can or cannot run for election(even from any party primaries) when the constitution is clear on the base qualifications for ANY CITIZEN. Lawmakers do not, and should not have that power!

I mean stating that we do not see the very best at the elections is a moot point because nothing stops, you, or any other citizen, that meets the base criteria, from stepping into the ring to vie for the votes of the Nigerian people.

Donmeca:
Who among d Imo PDP delegate wants otherwise? the Imo people will finally vote for whomever their delegates throw up after the primaries. Just like the Americans voted Obama after the Democratic Party delegates prefered him to Clinton.
WRONG! If the Imo LAWMAKERS pass a resolution denying Atiku a chance, it is likely the case, that Imo people, if Atiku, even gets selected as PDP Candidate, will not have a chance to vote for, let alone see his name on the ballots as a potential candidate for presidency. That is definitely ILLEGAL.
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by kobojokobo: 7:20pm On Dec 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

So what? If you feel that way, then you are free, to, at this point, bring up your own candidate. I am not sure how this changes anything of the problem with Legislators taking it into their hands who decide who can or cannot run for election(even any party primaries) when the constitution is clear on the base qualifications for ANY CITIZEN.
I mean stating that we do not see the very best at the elections is a moot point because nothing stops, you, or any other citizen, that meets the base criteria, from stepping into the ring to vie for the votes of the Nigerian people.
WRONG! If the Imo LAWMAKERS pass a resolution denying Atiku a chance, it is likely the case, that Imo people, if Atiku, even gets selected as PDP Candidate, will not have a chance to vote for, let alone see his name on the ballots as a potential candidate for presidency. That is definitely ILLEGAL.
It is perfectly legal. They are there to represent their people and to look out for the best interest of their people. And like the NPLF, they have decided that Atiku wasnt and isnt and wouldnt be the right person for their people.

Regarding your point in the first paragraph, If we all entered the race, then the polity will be extremely heated, resulting in a free for all. That is why we have people like the Imo State legislators streamlining the process inorder to make the s-election process more dignified and civilized.

Kobo, can you now see the sense in what they did

You are welcome!
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Kobojunkie: 7:23pm On Dec 20, 2010
[size=14pt]*** Shudders *****[/size]
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by kobojokobo: 7:27pm On Dec 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

[size=14pt]*** Shudders *****[/size]

▸ noun: an involuntary vibration (as if from illness or fear)
▸ noun: an almost pleasurable sensation of fright
▸ verb: tremble convulsively, as from fear or excitement
▸ verb: shake, as from cold

Which one is it?
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 20, 2010
hehehe!

So Jaygetta is posting in politics nowadays. Sport section must be boring grin grin
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by kobojokobo: 7:36pm On Dec 20, 2010
Aburo mi Ileke

What are you talking about?
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by ahidjo: 7:39pm On Dec 20, 2010
@ Kobojunkie,
One thing one has learned in this forum and several other fora is not to open oneself up to endless arguement with people that lack moderate sense of creativity and objectivity in thinking; they write good English but that's where it ends. They are ignorant and are proud of their ignorance. Their reasoning falls below acceptable international standards. Even a primary 5 pupil in any advanced country(countries where people reason well and objectively too) knows that a state house of Assembly, whether they are all of the same party or not, has no business with passing resolutions on the activities of any party. They pass resolutions pertaining to good governance of the state. They think that because Ciroma and his group did it (BTW Ciroma group is not any state house of Assembly. They merely selected a presidential aspirant from the north so as to give their region a fair chance of being the party's candidate. Whether the person they selected is the best remains another issue; if he wins, we still have elections coming up for people to reject or affirm him) that other groups must follow even when it sounds stupid. Do not give up and never be part of this silly movement that is aimed at enthroning a man that has proved his incompetence over and over again. High IQ is not common. NUF SAID
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by miqos02(m): 7:55pm On Dec 20, 2010
why wont they pass such resolutions since they have no jobs to do.foolish people
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Donmeca(m): 8:04pm On Dec 20, 2010
Do not give up and never be part of this silly movement that is aimed at enthroning a man that has proved his incompetence over and over again.

@ahidjo; this line has told where it pricks u. Urs is not really about the constitutionality or otherwise of their actions. . .ur views are quite biased but for real, whom wud u rather vote (if u were a delegate) in d PDP primaries. . .GEJ or Atiku?

Talking about IQ, I've learnt never to ask what a man can do. U've got ur views, xpress them and quit spitting others in the face. . . it's a sign of immaturity which can also come from low IQ.
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Kobojunkie: 8:05pm On Dec 20, 2010
^^^ But your own views, and that of many others who support your view, have been seriously bias-laden up to this point? You all seem to care more about stabbing back at the north by chopping at your own legs than you do about making sure the law is upheld, no matter where.  lipsrsealed
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Donmeca(m): 8:15pm On Dec 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

So what? If you feel that way, then you are free, to, at this point, bring up your own candidate. I am not sure how this changes anything of the problem with Legislators taking it into their hands to decide who can or cannot run for election(even from any party primaries) when the constitution is clear on the base qualifications for ANY CITIZEN. Lawmakers do not, and should not have that power!

With all d money politics here? Sis, u've got to look 4 ways of getting info first hand from home. We are still d people on ground and we shud know better. We don't have provision for independent candidature in ouur constitution and all the parties (even without clear ideologies) wud want u to buy forms forms with your life savings and then campaign only to see the votes going to the highest bidder. Why do u think Buhari may never rule this country. . .incompetence? No! LEAN PURSE. In as much as we don'tlike what happens here, we also can't go in for the sake of it and get martyred either politically or physically.

But in the meantime, someone must b at the helm, who is the best person for the job among all the contenders, not pretenders? D party will first choose before the populace.
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Donmeca(m): 8:20pm On Dec 20, 2010
Kobojunkie:

^^^ But your own views, and that of many others who support your view, have been seriously bias-laden up to this point? You all seem to care more about stabbing back at the north by chopping at your own legs than you do about making sure the law is upheld, no matter where.  lipsrsealed

Not at all. when I joined the debate, I was of the opinion that they cud adopt whomever pleases them. . .they are not stopped from doing that. I only said that if people cud agree with Ciroma as standing for d North, then y wud others raise eyebrows now that another group deemed it fit to support a sitting president?
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Kobojunkie: 8:25pm On Dec 20, 2010
Donmeca:

With all d money politics here? Sis, u've got to look ways of getting info first hand from home. We are still d people on ground and we shud know better.

Wrong!! I know for a fact that those of us ABROAD seem to have a better hand on what is going on down there in Nigeria, than many more of those who live and work there. I am sorry but that fluff about those who live down there knowing a lot more does not even apply when it comes to Nigeria. Many more people down there are ignorant of

a) The roles of the members of their government

b) Their constitutional right and freedoms  as Nigerians, and as voters

c) The daily goings on in the political arena . . . .

Much of what you people feed yourselves with are ethnic/bigotted rumours and stories of your government. Many swallow and regurgitate what they are being told without even thinking to reason it out or understand if they should shoot the messenger in any case.  

So, please, drop that assumption that persons abroad are out of touch. If you look around on this forum, it is clear that many of those who seem to be outside have a better handle on what is happening on the political scene in Nigeria, than many of those who claim to be in Nigeria and living it. I remember discussing this with some friends who live in Abuja, and I was informed that a bulk of the decisions taken in Nigeria are actually made abroad, and then imposed on Nigerians in Nigeria. It really explains a lot, if you think of it.

Donmeca:

[b]We don't have provision for independent candidature in ouur constitution and all the parties (even without clear ideologies) wud want u to buy forms forms with your life savings and then campaign only to see the votes going to the highest bidder. [/b]Why do u think Buhari may never rule this country. . .incompetence? No! LEAN PURSE. In as much as we don'tlike what happens here, we also can't go in for the sake of it and get martyred either politically or physically. 

No one says it has to be independent. NOthing stops you or anyother group out there registering and running. There are so many not so known candidates on the list. If you have one, bring him up and stop with the excuses.

Donmeca:

But in the meantime, someone must b at the helm, who is the best person for the job among all the contenders, not pretenders? D party will first choose before the populace.

Again, you are doing the same old ,  saying so much and saying nothing in the end. The case is clear here. It is NO T for legislators to decide for the people who they can vote for. .  . the reason people have a right to vote, and play that role is so the PEOPLE can make that decision for themselves. According to the constitution, the only one who must be at the helm of things is the PEOPLE.

The party can choose whomever it wants to represent it(THE PARTY), but the PEOPLE(NOT THE LEGISLATORS) will choose who will represent them in the end.
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by jambya(m): 8:28pm On Dec 20, 2010
Wateva, I m still hapi wt their decision, cos Ha-Ti-Ku! is no longer welcome on the throne.
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by chizillar(m): 8:33pm On Dec 20, 2010
[size=13pt]A shift pls- Make some money here@ www.easymanual.biz.  Visit Nigeria foremost site for money making and updated with new daily money making system.[/size]

Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Donmeca(m): 9:08pm On Dec 20, 2010
Again, you are doing the same old , saying so much and saying nothing in the end. The case is clear here. It is NO T for legislators to decide for the people who they can vote for. . . the reason people have a right to vote, and play that role is so the PEOPLE can make that decision for themselves. According to the constitution, the only one who must be at the helm of things is the PEOPLE.

The party can choose whomever it wants to represent it(THE PARTY), but the PEOPLE(NOT THE LEGISLATORS) will choose who will represent them in the end.

Kobo, we are getting somewhere but u still fail to understand that it's d delegates NOT d people that wud first vote. . .they may rep d d people but d people will finally vote whomever comes up from d primaries. That where their right as a people (in voting) starts. . . NEVER b4 primaries. What u shud preach is that d people, in general register and choose a lesser evil in d end.

The other points u made border on intellect and apathy which we see everywhere. . . people not knowing their rights and not showing interest in political happenings. As for registering and running, I am a realist. . .i don't live in dreamland. . .I can't win them now.
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Kobojunkie: 9:17pm On Dec 20, 2010
Donmeca:

Kobo, we are getting somewhere but u still fail to understand that it's d delegates NOT d people that wud first vote. . .they may rep d d people but d people will finally vote whomever comes up from d primaries. That where their right as a people (in voting) starts. . . NEVER b4 primaries. What u shud preach is that d people, in general register and choose a lesser evil in d end.

It is not the case that I fail to understand this at all. What I fail to see is how you connect the duty of party delegates to that carried out by the Imo State Legislators here. I mean what point are you making going back and forth the way you have been doing on this. Better yet, let me put it this way, Why are lawmakers involving themselves in the decision of who can, or cannot run for primaries?

Donmeca:

The other points u made border on intellect and apathy  which we see everywhere. . . people not knowing their rights and not showing interest in political happenings. As for registering and running, I am a realist. . .i don't live in dreamland. . .I can't win them now.

I don't live in dreamland either, and neither do all those Nigerians out there who do not see the point in our LAWMAKERS overstepping their bounds, in the name of making things well. It should not be that way, simple!
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 20, 2010
[size=13pt]I dey laugh oh[/size]
grin grin
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by jaygetta(m): 9:25pm On Dec 20, 2010
@Indirah?: which one be "for one who CLAIMS to have spent ONLY eight years of his life in naija, Your pidgin english is astonishing. . . ."?! Which kin mugu u be sef? Infact, e be like say the Glaucoma wey catch Kobojunkie wey no gree am see my question about hin take on Northern Consensus Candidate, don finally catch u too, and I suspect say na work of ur Step-Mother. U blind? Na only excellent pidgin I dey write? U no see say I dey write perfect Yoruba too? Abi ojun dun e ni? So, if to say I come here dey scream "Yo, yo" up and down I no go dey "claim" again say na only 8 years I spend for Naija?! U see my age? U believe me say anything wey I learn between the ages of 6-14 na hin go stay with me for life I.E Langauage, Attitude etc U gree say na my formative years be that?! Ah ha! But u ogbonge brain no let u see that one when u wan drop u smart comment! Lol. U no see as me and Ileke-Idi dey scatter Yoruba for hia? How old u think say she be when she come here? Ol boi, if u doubt say I sound like real Americana (why the thing dey pain people like una I no know)I go give u phone number make u call me: if no be so, so "ehn, ehn. Can u please repeat urself" u go dey talk when I finish u with New York accent, no be my Mama born me. Nwane, Like I tell ur oga: ""Abeg go siddon for corner jor".
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Donmeca(m): 9:26pm On Dec 20, 2010
@Kobo;
my second post on dis topic has somtin like "i wud not do it, if I were in their shoes" but dat wud not take away d fact that they can adopt whoever pleases them
Re: Imo Assembly Rejects Atiku by Kobojunkie: 9:29pm On Dec 20, 2010
Donmeca:

@Kobo;
my second post on dis topic has somtin like "i wud not do it, if I were in their shoes" but dat wud not take away d fact that they can adopt whoever pleases them

Again, this has NOTHING to do with your PERSONAL take but what the constitution power given legislators and the LIMIT. What you have above goes against that. So, again, I ask, what right do these lawmakers have to adopt such?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ondo To Ban Sale Of Coffins Near Hospitals / Why Most Tribe In Nigeria Hate Ibo People / Railway Workers To Embark On Three-Day Warning Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.