Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,058 members, 7,903,435 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 01:23 PM

Under Pressure! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Under Pressure! (3002 Views)

A Man Can Also Be Under Pressure To Get Married / Mature Advice To Ladies Under Pressure 4 Sex In Their Relationships. / Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Under Pressure! by Atreides(f): 1:15pm On Dec 23, 2010
Ok so im in my teens,and recently ive been under a lotta pressure to get a bf. Im not the kinda person who's susceptible to peer pressure but recently its gotten verra bad. . Its like when im talkin to someone and i say,no i dont have a bf(ive never had one before either),everybody's lookin at you like are you for real Im not talkin about sex(altho obviously,i havent done that either). . Recently ive jus been feelin like why dont i jus get one? Its not like i wanna go and start havin sex or sumn(because i dont),buh whats so wrong in having someone? Its seems like everyone's paired up these days and sometimes i feel an almost overwhelming urge to be part of that unit called a couple. I cant really talk to anyone about it-I mean if i mention boy my dad sees red and starts with the birds-and-the-bees talk,and im thinkin,dad,i jus said he was cute-i dont want to marry the guy. . So how am i supposed to say i might want a boyfriend?
Re: Under Pressure! by Madukaele(m): 1:24pm On Dec 23, 2010
honi if u realy need 1 am avalible.just mesage me gbachano@yahoo.com. u must b based n lagos. lov u
Re: Under Pressure! by Atreides(f): 1:31pm On Dec 23, 2010
haha. . Nl toastin. . What i wanna know is whether its wrong for me to want the things that i want. . While your post hasnt helped me in any tangible way,it has made me laugh. . So thanks for that!
Re: Under Pressure! by eldav(m): 1:34pm On Dec 23, 2010
if a guy comes nw nd say,be my gf,he jst wants 2 bleep u.my advise is,b urself nd wait 4 ur man,d 1 dat will marry u.
Re: Under Pressure! by Coolabbie: 1:40pm On Dec 23, 2010
Its human nature 2 want 2 fit in but u hv 2 start thinking 4 ursef instead of allowing odas do so. Cos wen u kno wat u want u can stand up 2 ur peers. U hv 2 choose ur friends carefully,it isnt wise 2 let dem set ur standards even wen such go against ur values or d wishes of ur parents. Even tho dis wuld limit ur friendships,it is beta 2 suffer sum loneliness dan 2 let peer influence drag u down morally & spiritually. Listenin 2 ur parents wuld help a great deal cos dey are likely working hard 2 teach u proper values. If u are afraid of saying no 2 ur peers,u end up saying no 2 ursef,2 ur standards & 2 ur parents.
Re: Under Pressure! by Atreides(f): 1:50pm On Dec 23, 2010
But that's where the diff lies. . Im not listening to my peers,im not letting them set standards for me,im not letting peer pressure determine how i live my life. . Im jus sayin even tho im not susceptible to it,on some level or the other it affects me,and that's a fact. Being single at my age is abnormal,at least for people in general. I know i dont want to start having sex now,and i know im not going to. . Ive jus been feeling real conflicted about whether having a bf is such a bad idea. Yeah i know there are guys who jus wanna shag and go,but there are those who dont-who only want someone-just like me.
Re: Under Pressure! by eldav(m): 2:00pm On Dec 23, 2010
yes u r right.but those kinda guyz r very rare.since u dnt want sex,jst hv casual friends,ppl u can talk with.
Re: Under Pressure! by Mobsync(m): 2:04pm On Dec 23, 2010
I'm a guy of 16 'nd I dnt hv a gF, kEep 2 urself.
Re: Under Pressure! by 9baby: 2:13pm On Dec 23, 2010
By the way, how old are you?
Re: Under Pressure! by Coolabbie: 2:15pm On Dec 23, 2010
U shud try not 2 limit ursef 2 just one person but rada be frnds wit all. Being in a relationship can be tasking & u mite not be prepared 4 it. Dis is d bloom of ur youth enjoy it as much as u can. Take up a hobby,learn a new skill,strive 2 be skillful & competent. If u are gud at sumtin,u will feel important in ur own right & u wont hv 2 depend on peer approval 4 gud self-image.
Re: Under Pressure! by yuzedo: 2:22pm On Dec 23, 2010
Lmfao and Smmfh @ madukaele, Bros bros! wink cheesy shocked
@ poster, ummm, relationships r overrated, especially the wrong relationships i.e. the boy not maybe feeling u as much as u do him (we tend 2 do that alot), We ALWAYS want sex, even tho we myt pretend we dont, or we pretend we respect ur wishes not to wanna do the nasty, etc.
A good friend hu was slow for yrs and then delved into the relationship "market" is now totally regretting, procuring abortions 4 the chic n all, paying thru his nose too, experiencing general high blood pressure, all because of peer pressure! (yeah, it myt b sweet in the beginning, but what about when the guy feels he's conquered the challenge? u know, thrill of the chase, novelty wearing off, etc,
Biko, stay on ur own if its bout peer pressure, it aint all that, screw peer pressure! there r a lot of immature boiz out there! Buh, if u just want it for the experience/getting to know what dating is all about in consideration of marriage later, then do ur thang! wink
p.s. i'm sorry if i'm spoiling market 4 boiz by revealing too much o, grin
ooh, also, if u rily want the best in ur life as regards dating ryt now, try Mr. Cork, he has a 17inch badonkey, and 9 alloy will with a BMW, truss me tongue
Re: Under Pressure! by gabriel4u(m): 2:26pm On Dec 23, 2010
It is good to have a bf, it helps, it increases sense of reasoning, it makes some1 be open to life, emotional palaver, means of sharing pains, pleasure, e.t.c. it also use as a means of getting accompany and so on. It means of achieving pains, sorrow, regret and lost of concentration.

So all happen in all relationship, have bf as advantages and disadvantages. but mostly, highly Disadvantage  to ladies.Having a bf doesn't mean his the right one 4u! so is beta to stay without us till that Wedding Day, because most of us are not ready to show true love.

Follow your parent advise, who knows what they've seen.
Re: Under Pressure! by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 23, 2010
*** not talking ***
Re: Under Pressure! by Atreides(f): 2:34pm On Dec 23, 2010
9baby:

By the way, how old are you?
. . Im 16 and seven-twelfths. . The seven-twelths bit is verry important cos it means im almost 17 which means im almost legal!
Re: Under Pressure! by ismaeel86(m): 2:49pm On Dec 23, 2010
Sweet heart, the mistake most of us make when we are teenagers is that we easily give in to peer pressure,it is now left for you to be strong and patience,you will discover love but  you dont have to rush things cos everyone is into it.
Re: Under Pressure! by Atreides(f): 2:52pm On Dec 23, 2010
I do NOT live in dreamland. I am not unaware of the fact that there are guys who jus want to shag and go,but yet i dont believe that ALL of them want that. And even if i by mistake jam one who does,the fact that he wants it does not mean i will give it to him. No boy will see me to shag,boyfriend or not. That being said,i dont think sex should even be an issue cos that's not what im lookin for,and i like to think that im not so brainless that one Chike will come spouting tales of undying love and affection and then i will open door and throway key for him. The getting a hobby advice is very practical but even then,taking a hobby will not stop me from liking a member of the opposite sex,or wondering what if?
Re: Under Pressure! by Madukaele(m): 3:09pm On Dec 23, 2010
complete rubbish. u neva fall in love na y u d yab mouth. wait til guyz weh d vex meet u. virgin ni
Re: Under Pressure! by Atreides(f): 3:29pm On Dec 23, 2010
bros abeg nor vex oh. . Im not saying im so strong that ill be able to resist the desires of the flesh,im saying i will be cautious enough to never put myself in a position where temptation can overtake me. I will not go to his house alone,when i know full well that this person and i have feelings for each other. We will meet in public places,or if we meet in private places we'll have a chaperone. We will not get drunk together(cos alcohol lowers your inhibitions and whatnot). . So where,then,will he see me to sha.g? Its not a matter of overconfidence;when you're cautious you can prevent certain things from happening.
Re: Under Pressure! by jfking2005(m): 4:07pm On Dec 23, 2010
o girl you never jam love.
let a fine, handsome, gentle, innocent guy come around you and get you in the right spot.
but mind you, the guy is just pretending, he can be patience till anytime he succeed because he knew he will.
E go chop! chop!! chop!!! grin grin grin grin grin
and gently waka!!!! cool cool cool
abeg forget confido!
na God go helep!!

chikena
Re: Under Pressure! by Madukaele(m): 4:19pm On Dec 23, 2010
Bro tel am o. al dis 16yrs old think is easy. wait til u enter uni or u clock 21 den u talk i hear
Re: Under Pressure! by yuzedo: 4:30pm On Dec 23, 2010
Gbam! jfking2005 & Madukaele don talk every (i no know say u get sense b4 o grin)
, See eh, from all ur yarns Poster, i no sure say u dey naija sef, talking bout chaperones and shytt, shocked Naija boiz r not smiling! angry
, Buh u do sound like a smart young girl, evident by ur thought pattern and communication abilities, no worry, what(ever) will be will be, wink but last last sha, relationship no be by force, u aint missing nada!
Re: Under Pressure! by Atreides(f): 6:19pm On Dec 23, 2010
Madukaele:

Bro tel am o. al dis 16yrs old think is easy. wait til u enter uni or u clock 21 den u talk i hear
i never said i thought it would be easy. In fact,i think it will be VeRy hard.
yuzedo:

Buh u do sound like a smart young girl, evident by your thought pattern and communication abilities
. . Thanks. . And relationships are certainly startin to feel like a do or die affair. . If you're not in one people look at you like you're not normal or sumn.
Re: Under Pressure! by livedit(f): 8:34pm On Dec 23, 2010
What you are feeling is all apart of growing up.  We all have been there and most of us understand how you feel.  People will always think what they want to think about you.  So it should not matter if you have a "boyfriend" or not.  I'm not too big on trying to "fit in".  You do what you feel right is for you.  If you "feel" that you are ready and mature enough to be in a relationship, then I say go for it.  You sound like you have a good head on your shoulder so you will know when a guy come at you just trying to spit "game".  You truly need to get out and enjoy life, enjoy being a teenager.  Because you are only a teenager once in your life so why not take the time to enjoy it.  I'm sure many of the people who IS looking at you sideways can't believe that someone at your age haven't fell prey into the "game" like they did.  Like you said, I know it can feel awkward sometimes and you may get a little uncomfortable seeing those people all coupled up.  Alot of times, when you see people like that all coupled up it's for "show" just to say hey, I got a man/girl!

Being in a relationship as someone mentioned takes a whole lot of patience and understanding.  As the other's mentioned, once you commit yourself into this "relationship" it's only natural sooner or later, your relationship will want to escalate.  That's just the way it is and how man's body was made.  Then at that time, you make the choice rather or not you are ready to take it to that next "level".  Other than that, just get out and enjoy yourself.  Go to the movies with friends, to the beach, to the mall and you never know.  You can meet your new "friend" just by doing that.  Point is, just let it happen naturally.  What's the rush is all I'm saying.  Try to forget all about what "other" people have or doing.  You are given one life and you are the one that has to live it.  You do what makes Atreides happy.  Not what make "other" people happy.  Because they can careless if you are happy or not.  So if YOU feel deep down in YOUR heart, you are ready, then go for it.  You can pray and ask God to send you a "nice" friend to have and take it day by day and live your life.
Re: Under Pressure! by Dsense(m): 8:48pm On Dec 23, 2010
OP.
Go with ''Livedit's advice'' . . . .Yeah!
Re: Under Pressure! by MrsEve2(f): 9:03pm On Dec 23, 2010
WAIT A MINUTE,

You can be a teen registered ON AN ADULT SITE?!!! shocked shocked Let me holla at a few people. Be right back.
Re: Under Pressure! by violent(m): 9:41pm On Dec 23, 2010
Madukaele:

honi if u realy need 1 am avalible.just mesage me gbachano@yahoo.com. u must b based n lagos. lov u

already?

you don't even know her, you Arrow!
Re: Under Pressure! by Dsense(m): 10:08pm On Dec 23, 2010
^^You and your violence!
Re: Under Pressure! by violent(m): 10:52pm On Dec 23, 2010
^^ you re getting it wrong bro, i am a peaceful fellow at heart
Re: Under Pressure! by Dsense(m): 11:23pm On Dec 23, 2010
Whatever undecided
Re: Under Pressure! by violent(m): 11:29pm On Dec 23, 2010
Bleep you!
Re: Under Pressure! by Atreides(f): 11:44pm On Dec 23, 2010
@livedit. . Woww. .Youre making madd sense.
Mrs, Eve:

WAIT A MINUTE,

You can be a teen registered ON AN ADULT SITE?!!! shocked shocked Let me holla at a few people. Be right back.
what difference does it make? There is no age requirement when signing up for Nl and even if there was id only lie and say i was older.
violent:

already?

you don't even know her, you Arrow!
hehe. . It was love at first post. . Such things are funny.
Re: Under Pressure! by MrsEve2(f): 12:34am On Dec 24, 2010
Atreides:

@livedit. . Woww. .Youre making madd sense.what difference does it make? There is no age requirement when signing up for Nl and even if there was id only lie and say i was older.hehe. . It was love at first post. . Such things are funny.

Apparently not. I forgot what site I was on. Who else have their children registered on Nairaland?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

" 3 Reasons Why Men Don't Approach Most Women" / 30 Ways To Tell If A Girl Likes In Pictures! / 8 Definite Signs Your Man Truly Loves You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.