Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,693 members, 7,938,102 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 05:31 PM

Under Pressure! - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Under Pressure! (3014 Views)

A Man Can Also Be Under Pressure To Get Married / Mature Advice To Ladies Under Pressure 4 Sex In Their Relationships. / Help! I'm Above 30 And Under Pressure To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Under Pressure! by Atreides(f): 6:13am On Dec 24, 2010
Mrs, Eve:

Apparently not. I forgot what site I was on. Who else have their children registered on Nairaland?
I'm not a child,i'm in my late teens. And judging from what ive seen,im a lot more sensible than some Nl users. Besides,i dont go into the x-rated sections of Nl.
Re: Under Pressure! by thiscounts(m): 6:36am On Dec 24, 2010
Baby girl,just take it cool.I'm not good at giving a sermon but I could only give a piece of advice.Believe me there are more to life than to be talking about boyfriend at this tender age.Being into relationship is really sweet but I swear it is the worst evil that many had wished they never witnessed at their tender age.More harms it could do than good, because it is so hard to have someone as reasonable or sensible of the same age as you are.YOU ARE A PRECIOUS GIFT to your life and apple eye of many who want good for you and they wouldnt want u in the same mess.

Attach your feelings to many other things that could give the pleasure of life, listen to good music,pick up a pen write poems,write novels,or read novels, fall in love with your books, read jokes at joke section.

Give yourself a definition of who you are not what other people are because they might not be right.Tell them always, 'this is me, not you!Me of course who gets my thinking right!''
Re: Under Pressure! by MrsEve2(f): 8:12am On Dec 24, 2010
Atreides:

I'm not a child,i'm in my late teens. And judging from what ive seen,im a lot more sensible than some Nl users. Besides,i dont go into the x-rated sections of Nl.

Early teens and late teens still TEENS undecided You don't go into x-rated section? (moving to the side and looking toward the sky)
Re: Under Pressure! by Atreides(f): 8:44am On Dec 24, 2010
Mrs, Eve:

Early teens and late teens still TEENS undecided   You don't go into x-rated section?  (moving to the side and looking toward the sky)
I'm serious. . I really dont go into the x-rated sections. .  grin grin grin grin grin. . Did you know that in some cultures in Naija im old enough to get married? Some of my Northern age-mates are already giving birth in their husbands' houses. Being in my late teens isnt that young. @Thiscounts,wooww brutha-you just told me WHAT counts! Thnx much. .
Re: Under Pressure! by yusuf2(m): 10:12am On Dec 24, 2010
i think i'm in luv, 2 bad u're a bit 2 young 4 me, Atreides, u're officially in the list of the top 10 most sensible Ladies on NL, U sure u're just 16? i mean u seem to know the solution to ur predicament, but i understand that u'ld want a general perspective, dont mind all the guys that ve been posting some nonsense about u falling victim someday whether u like it or not, Livedit has said it all.
Re: Under Pressure! by gabriel4u(m): 10:39am On Dec 24, 2010
Mrs, Eve:

Early teens and late teens still TEENS undecided You don't go into x-rated section? (moving to the side and looking toward the sky)

Have been waiting for you, tel her from experience i'm sure she will get to kn guyz are bad.

Being wiser as nothing to do with guys, no matter how intelligent you are guys will surely bring you down. You myt fink u're wise enough but i pray u don't meet guy like me. Guyz are dangerous that they can do all you want just for their pleasure. Well if you fink u're wise enough then carry your cross and move on. But i pray you found the right one, wish is not written on the 4head, else you will have your same blamed.
Re: Under Pressure! by Lopezdee1: 12:25pm On Dec 24, 2010
Set your priority right. If having BF/relationship is not part of your priority then so be it. You should not have bf because others are having and it should not make you feel weird or 'old fashion'. Make your decision and stick to it no matter what because ,  you are the person that will be the consequences of the outcome.
Re: Under Pressure! by lazinc(m): 1:45pm On Dec 24, 2010
thiscounts:

Baby girl,just take it cool.I'm not good at giving a sermon but I could only give a piece of advice.Believe me there are more to life than to be talking about boyfriend at this tender age.Being into relationship is really sweet but I swear it is the worst evil that many had wished they never witnessed at their tender age.More harms it could do than good, because it is so hard to have someone as reasonable or sensible of the same age as you are.YOU ARE A PRECIOUS GIFT to your life and apple eye of many who want good for you and they wouldnt want u in the same mess.

Attach your feelings to many other things that could give the pleasure of life, listen to good music,pick up a pen write poems,write novels,or read novels, fall in love with your books, read jokes at joke section.

Give yourself a definition of who you are not what other people are because they might not be right.Tell them always, 'this is me, not you!Me of course who gets my thinking right!''

For a gal at your age, I think this is the BEST advice for you. Good luck!
Re: Under Pressure! by MrsEve2(f): 2:32pm On Dec 24, 2010
Atreides:

I'm serious. . I really dont go into the x-rated sections. .  grin grin grin grin grin. . Did you know that in some cultures in Naija im old enough to get married? Some of my Northern age-mates are already giving birth in their husbands' houses. Being in my late teens isnt that young. @Thiscounts,wooww brutha-you just told me WHAT counts! Thnx much. .

Do you want to get marry now? Or you want to go to college and be all that you can be?
Re: Under Pressure! by Atreides(f): 3:14pm On Dec 24, 2010
Mrs, Eve:

Do you want to get marry now? Or you want to go to college and be all that you can be?
MARRRY KE? Hell nah. . I have plans for my future!
Re: Under Pressure! by jfking2005(m): 3:23pm On Dec 24, 2010
@Atreides
kindly give me ur pin number i have all that you need to know.
Jfking2005@gmail wink wink
Re: Under Pressure! by ologun01(m): 4:21pm On Dec 24, 2010
@ Poster

if u want it, go for it
if u dnt want it, den dont go for it
just dnt do it cos evrybody arnd has gt one or in2 it, cos u r nt evrybody, u r u nd u

for instance, am a guy of 26 nd never hd a gf(wateverr its calld)now or b4, cos i aint see anysense in it
wen i tell people, dey look at me like, Guy, u be pastor or were u 4rm, jst dnt make sense of it
esp wen it goes like my ex dis, ex dat, tainted history

so if u dnt want it, dnt go for it and b cool
Re: Under Pressure! by jfking2005(m): 4:24pm On Dec 24, 2010
@ologun01

Advertisement!!!

welldone sha. you try!!
Re: Under Pressure! by ologun01(m): 4:36pm On Dec 24, 2010
jfking2005:

@ologun01

Advertisement!!!

welldone sha. you try!!

wat u mean, advertisement

just letting the girl knw, she is nt d only one
so she doesnt hv to cos evrybody is in one thing they r 2day and wld b out tomorow

so aint advertising or looking for,
Re: Under Pressure! by jfking2005(m): 4:43pm On Dec 24, 2010
@@ologun01
only kidding, i understand!!

you can help me tell the girl to send me her BB pin number, i have all she's looking for
wink wink
Re: Under Pressure! by holydante(m): 5:02pm On Dec 24, 2010
*singing Raz Kimono's rubadub*

under pressure we wail unda pressureeee, unda pressure nigerians unda pressureee, unda pressure teenagers unda ;pressureee*(twice)

Rap stanza

Everyday, the people ina di ghetto, ina di city, on Nairaland, some a cry, some are weep, some are bleepn, others are lookn for bleepn, here we go eeehhhheee

Chorus till fade
Re: Under Pressure! by Atreides(f): 6:56pm On Dec 24, 2010
jfking2005:

@Atreides
kindly give me your pin number i have all that you need to know.
Jfking2005@gmail wink wink
my daddy said i shouldnt talk to(and IM,and ping,and buzz) strangers. . wink wink grin
Re: Under Pressure! by flexshop(m): 7:11pm On Dec 24, 2010
grin Im 24 and i need a gf tongue
Noffin do u gal, should i help u search?

Alert: be careful wit d advise u get here,trust me
Re: Under Pressure! by flexshop(m): 7:12pm On Dec 24, 2010
grin Im 24 and i need a gf tongue
Noffin do u gal, should i help u search?

Alert: be careful wit d advise u get here,trust me
Re: Under Pressure! by Donmeca(m): 7:50pm On Dec 24, 2010
. . Im 16 and seven-twelfths. . The seven-twelths bit is verry important cos it means im almost 17 which means im almost legal!

U're still quite young! I believe you are in school and u have classmates, we normally get close and mutually fall for people without even knowing what we are doing. A 16 year old coming out to say she wants to go into a r/ship according to this post
Being single at my age is abnormal,at least for people in general.
is really weird.

Y this thread? u didn't tell if someone has been bugging your life or not. . .are u falling for some of your age mates/classmates and u want advice? I can't get that u just want go into a r/ship cos u're 16.

Atreides:

MARRRY KE? Hell nah. . I have plans for my future!

and your plans include getting a bf at 16? not a bad idea. . .but don't make it look like it's too late, like u're desperate. . .like u are in your late 30s and wud go toasting some guy just to form a couple.
Re: Under Pressure! by Atreides(f): 8:55pm On Dec 24, 2010
@Donmeca, "A 16 year old coming out to say she wants to go into a r/ship according to this post  is really weird."
Yes,im young. I NEVER said i wanted to go into a r/ship,i said i was a bit confused as to whether going into one was such a bad idea. And me saying being single at my age is abnormal isnt wierd-its a fact. If you knew teenagers,you'd know a LOT of them are paired up.
" I can't get that u just want go into a r/ship cos u're 16".
I never said i wanted to go into a relationship BECAUSE im 16. That would be beyond dumb.
"and your plans include getting a bf at 16?"
Its NOT a definite plan-im just wondering.
Re: Under Pressure! by tashanja(m): 1:13am On Dec 26, 2010
Poster is sounding too articulate and matured for a sixteen year old.
Me is wondering if she is not pulling our legs by starting this thread - just my thoughts lipsrsealed
Re: Under Pressure! by DeepSoul(f): 1:28am On Dec 26, 2010
Atreides,

For a 16 7/12 yr old, you speak really well. I'm impressed and must commend your excellent use of English. Minus the English sef, you sound quite balanced.

Please darling, do not in anyway bothered by the so-called pressure to be a "pair". If you succumb, it'll only get worse. The next thing they'll be wondering is why you'd have a boyfriend and not have segz. And after you give in to that, something else will come up.

Even when you become an adult, it doesn't stop. There'll always be people wondering why you re single, why you arent married, why you arent having segz bla bla (personally and currently being xperienced by me).

I know this may sound cliche and "old-maidish" but concentrate on your books and save yourself for marriage.
If you do meet a boy you like, nothng stops you from being friends. Just ensure that appropriate lines are drawn. Good luck darl  wink

[s]By d way, I have a 17 7/12 brother. . .you might even be birthday mates. . .[/s]  grin
Re: Under Pressure! by busygirl(f): 2:33am On Dec 26, 2010
violent:

Bleep you!
shocked shocked shocked

@poster, All you should do right now is slow down and work on yourself as you have the time to do so right now. Self development is essential and you attract the right set of people if you have that sorted. A Relationship takes a lot, ask yourself questions before you enter one. Have you got love inside of you that you are willing to share with someone else? You cannot give what you don't have. I'm going to derail a bit. I also believe a relationship should be God-centered. So why don't you let God dictate who you should be with.
Re: Under Pressure! by chikeorji123(m): 2:54am On Dec 26, 2010
her tread is really getting attention smiley
Re: Under Pressure! by jamace(m): 9:29am On Dec 26, 2010
Baby, just relax and be yourself. When the time comes "you will know what you are doing " BUT "you no go know wetin dey do you". grin
Re: Under Pressure! by Atreides(f): 10:41am On Dec 26, 2010
tashanja:

Poster is sounding too articulate and matured for a sixteen year old.
Me is wondering if she is not pulling our legs by starting this thread - just my thoughts lipsrsealed
Not every 16+ year old is a brainless  incapable of stringing together two grammatically correct sentences. Some of us love to read. A LOT. And if you truly love to read,then writing's a piece of cake. And if you're a good reader and a good writer,chances are,your spoken english will be pretty good too. You're not the first to say i sound more mature than my age. I think the level of mediocrity in Nigeria,and in the Nigerian education system is what makes it so hard for people to believe that an average(ok who are we kidding? Im not average in any way,shape or form. . Lol) 16+ year old can sound so articulate. I think that's real sad-the fact that we're so used to mediocrity that when something different(better) comes up we find it hard to believe. Real sad. I suppose i could dumb down my posts ,but that seems rather counter-productive,dont ya think?
Re: Under Pressure! by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 26, 2010
@OP
All those people looking at you weird when u say u have no bf secretly wish they could be like you. And if they don't, they should. Ask the girls if having a bf has made them smarter or increased their grades, or made them better humans.
You're doing fine honey. Aint nothing strange about not being interested in having a bf. All the nay-sayers in here waiting for ur downfall are just miserable. And u know what they say - misery loves company. Don't give em the satisfaction.
Re: Under Pressure! by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 26, 2010
@ atreides nice come back. And u're a lot more mature than some of the NL peeps here (I like that u answered the post without insulting him/her). I like u already smiley
Re: Under Pressure! by Atreides(f): 2:27pm On Dec 26, 2010
Deep Soul:

Atreides,

For a 16 7/12 yr old, you speak really well. I'm impressed and must commend your excellent use of English. Minus the English sef, you sound quite balanced.
Please darling, do not in anyway bothered by the so-called pressure to be a "pair". If you succumb, it'll only get worse. The next thing they'll be wondering is why you'd have a boyfriend and not have segz. And after you give in to that, something else will come up.

Even when you become an adult, it doesn't stop. There'll always be people wondering why you re single, why you arent married, why you arent having segz bla bla (personally and currently being xperienced by me).

I know this may sound cliche and "old-maidish" but concentrate on your books and save yourself for marriage.
If you do meet a boy you like, nothng stops you from being friends. Just ensure that appropriate lines are drawn. Good luck darl  wink

[s]By d way, I have a 17 7/12 brother. . .you might even be birthday mates. . .[/s]  grin

Awwww. . Thanks! As for the english bit,na too much novel cause am. As for the being balanced bit,i have great parents. Sure,they irritate me on a regular basis,but they're doing their job,and God bless them for that. And you dont sound old maidish-you sound like me. Im the classic 'good girl'. I'm a straight 'A' student. I'm the class captain,debate queen student.I dont drink(except occasionally),i dont smoke pot,i dont sneak out and go clubbing(not only is that dangerous,the fact that i cant dance even to save my life kinda defeats the purpose). I read my books and pass my exams and get along with my parents. Im the quintessential good girl,and sometimes it just feels like my life could do with a little more excitement. P.s-Is your bro a May baby?
Re: Under Pressure! by Atreides(f): 3:03pm On Dec 26, 2010
iceblue:

@ atreides nice come back. And u're a lot more mature than some of the NL peeps here (I like that u answered the post without insulting him/her). I like u already smiley
thanks! I can be real sarcastic at times but im working on that so i resisted the temptation to be insultive in that reply. .
iceblue:

@OP
All those people looking at you weird when u say u have no bf secretly wish they could be like you. And if they don't, they should. Ask the girls if having a bf has made them smarter or increased their grades, or made them better humans.
You're doing fine honey. Aint nothing strange about not being interested in having a bf. All the nay-sayers in here waiting for your downfall are just miserable. And u know what they say - misery loves company. Don't give em the satisfaction.
Yeah i noticed that-a lot of people were sounding really negative,like it would be impossible for me to go on without meeting some guy that would de-virginize(gawd i always wanted to say that. . Lol) me. Youre verra right-misery does love company. And the part about them secretly wishing they were me was apt-nd i didnt really look at it that way until you mentioned it. Thanks. . .
Re: Under Pressure! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Dec 26, 2010
OP, you are the kind of girl I've always wanted to have as friend!(Intelligent, Looking for SURE rltnshp, Matured et al) Can we be ? Even if it means only text or pen or call mate~ I'm a May boy- 17 7/12. Hoping to get words from you soon!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advice Me On What To Do / What's So Special About Feminists? / How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.