Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,160 members, 7,977,339 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 06:06 AM

Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) (95009 Views)

Please Help!!! My Access Bank Just Got Debited, What Should I Do? / Over N400k+ Fraud Debit Resolved By Stanbicibtc In Less Than 48hrs Working Day / Polaris Bank Refuse To Refund The Money They Debited From My Account. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by yomi007k(m): 8:07pm On Mar 29, 2020
Lanretoye:
I had an experience about 6 years ago with diamond bank,bro lemme tell you the truth,if it is intrabank your bank can only pend your account and the beneficiary account hopefully if the money has not been withdrawn.if it is interbank your bank will only notify the beneficiary’s bank for further actions which in most cases,chances of recovery are very slim.
In my case,after notifying my bank of the transaction of about 320k,I got an alert of 10k as recovery after about 9 months and that’s all.
As a matter of fact,you must have loose your guard one way or the other for such transaction to happen.

Baba. Did you e mail the bank and copy cbn?

Did you involvw ypur lawyer? You didnt do anything bro.

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by dicksonadams(m): 8:07pm On Mar 29, 2020
tetula123:

Well I would advise they be called out on Twitter. If I for one have an account with them reading all this I would have closed my account with them. I personally don’t receive mails or alerts in my savings account. Imagine it’s me, they will be the account without me knowing.

I created the topic on Twitter and tagged cbn and StanbicIBTC

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Olayetan(m): 8:09pm On Mar 29, 2020
Francisduckman:

shut up joor, oya carry your bvn give me and your account number, or you snap only your card pics front and back give me, make you see debit alert now in 5secs.. you don't know that what you don't know is bigger than u

Don't tell me to shut up.

Other banks may compromise your account with your account number, bvn or card details being exposed but i can vouch for GTB, you can't do anything on their account without pin or OTP...

Sometimes it will require you both Pin and OTP to complete a transaction.

2 Likes

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Olayetan(m): 8:09pm On Mar 29, 2020
shogsman:

Guy no talk am again o,with those info Even an average Joe go lift your money not to talk of pros.

Perhaps you can educate me on how they go about it with those details...
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Princewell2012(m): 8:10pm On Mar 29, 2020
[quote author=bigcee post=87899853][/quote]
somebody has acces to his imformation.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by bigcee(m): 8:10pm On Mar 29, 2020
thesmallgod:

they probably think you are dead. That was how the First bank debited all the 500 naira balance in my NYSC account, a few years after I have stopped using it. I received an alert more than five times. The money was being deducted little by little. Ever since that day, I no dey trust any bank with my money
They deducted maintenance fee grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by OKOATA(m): 8:12pm On Mar 29, 2020
Francisduckman:

this one have high, naija package run with Mexican pos? are you really checking urself?
What do you know, only those in the game will understand. Don’t assume you have all the knowledge in the world, this thing is pure software developed by guys.

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by shogsman(m): 8:12pm On Mar 29, 2020
Seems they sold your card on Dweb
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by shogsman(m): 8:15pm On Mar 29, 2020
Olayetan:

Perhaps you can educate me on how they go about it with those details...
How do you think gboys live, there are softwares to that effect,your bvn alone is enough.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by thesmallgod(m): 8:16pm On Mar 29, 2020
Olayetan:

Other banks may compromise your account with your account number, bvn or card details being exposed but i can vouch for GTB, you can't do anything on their account without pin or OTP...

you can use gtb card to fund your Facebook business page account without otp or pin. I have used it many times in the past
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by thesmallgod(m): 8:17pm On Mar 29, 2020
bigcee:

They deducted maintenance fee grin grin grin
grin hunger strived bank

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by shogsman(m): 8:17pm On Mar 29, 2020
Olayetan:

Bro as long as your card is visa,express or MasterCard you're not safe,it's like that all over the world it doesn't matter what bank you use.your money can be moved in second and your card can even be sold to other people to run transactions, just take precautions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by lordsniel(m): 8:20pm On Mar 29, 2020
Sorry bro but I think you participated in filling the form of #8500/#4000 relief of Corona virus by president bihari where you imputed your bvn,the link is scam and something like this is always the end result
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by santafrancisco: 8:21pm On Mar 29, 2020
You actually used your Debit card on POS terminal... And the terminal cloned your card details... So they are making transactions on your account without your debit card but with cloned account details

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Adebaba1(m): 8:21pm On Mar 29, 2020
This is really serious

Pls if you are on Twitter, kindly retweet his complaint

It goes a long way

This can happen to anyone
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by santafrancisco: 8:22pm On Mar 29, 2020
Cloned debit card details

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by thegloor: 8:22pm On Mar 29, 2020
just2endowed:

Just helping out.

There is a purpose for the transaction in Mexico which I want to understand. No otp was sent, and alert didn't come on time until in afternoon.

Sorry man
Hurry to the bank tomorrow
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by deltateam: 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:
someone fraudulently gain access to my account last night 28TH March 2020 and performed a series transactions of N443,928.49 without my authorisation.

I have called StanbicIBTC customer care and the lady I spoke with told me they would disable the account and push the case to stanbicIBTC fraud unit. Luckily I was able to transfered remaining balance to my GTB account to prevent further debits (I only saw this at about 5am when I work up to pee and saw a single alert of about 6k which I guess was the first trial. The funny thing was thst the debit alert for others or the login notifications or OTp token request didn't drop in my phone Sms or email just the first 6k.

The debited money 400k+ is still being held in my account Ledger balance (see screenshot), please I will appreciate any assistance in recoverying the money. I had no reason to believe my money wasn't safe in my StanbicIbtc bank account.

Note: I rarely used this account apart for saving... I rarely use the atm on this account too. I usually transfer from this account to my gtb before withdrawing.

Bank say there is slim chance of getting the money, that even though the fund are still held in ledger balance they are as good as debited.

Bro. I don dey reason your matter.

How in God's name did you leave such amount with a Micro finance bank.Did they send a female marketer to you?

In fact the name sounds as lousy as most of these banks that seem founded to pay corpers Alawi...

Mail CBN as someone suggested and get a lawyer..

This Corona period may delay the recovery though.

2 Likes

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by xanie: 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2020
thatigboman:
exactly. Happened to me with gtb too. Though I havent gotten any refund

Just give it time. I hope you get a refund too... I think going forward, before a web transaction is approved, GTBank will email you, to keep you in the know. You'd then be debited the next day, that's ample time to cancel the transaction, if you suspect it's fraudulent. That means, your email should also be safeguarded..

1 Like

Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Realist2: 8:23pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:
While the money was in ledger for close to 24hrs, I told the bank to place prevent it from being debited they say they cant,

Quickly contact @CBN verified twitter account, in each quote mention @stbIBTCbank, the company the POS was døne,generate hash tag. Tweet like 50times a day, ask them to refund your money back, you must follow them on twitter so that they can contact you via inbox . It happened to me November last year. I got my money back after 42days.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by everydayboy: 8:24pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:

I didn't get any email notifications of these transactions apart the 6k+, neither did I get the OTp token before transactions are initiated.

Please what is the way out of this kind of situation

Do you receive SMS alert? I think a wrong phone number is maintained on your account....

Go and check..... If so.... That's where the fraud came from....

If its so, request for the account opening package to know who made the mistake.... Whoever made the mistake is liable.

My own take ooooo......
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Dollabiz: 8:25pm On Mar 29, 2020
You play around too much right how come
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by MansoryMX(m): 8:27pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:
someone fraudulently gain access to my account last night 28TH March 2020 and performed a series transactions of N443,928.49 without my authorisation.

I have called StanbicIBTC customer care and the lady I spoke with told me they would disable the account and push the case to stanbicIBTC fraud unit. Luckily I was able to transfered remaining balance to my GTB account to prevent further debits (I only saw this at about 5am when I work up to pee and saw a single alert of about 6k which I guess was the first trial. The funny thing was thst the debit alert for others or the login notifications or OTp token request didn't drop in my phone Sms or email just the first 6k.

The debited money 400k+ is still being held in my account Ledger balance (see screenshot), please I will appreciate any assistance in recoverying the money. I had no reason to believe my money wasn't safe in my StanbicIbtc bank account.

Note: I rarely used this account apart for saving... I rarely use the atm on this account too. I usually transfer from this account to my gtb before withdrawing.

Bank say there is slim chance of getting the money, that even though the fund are still held in ledger balance they are as good as debited.

Have you by any chance use your bank detail in any online payment?
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by LegacyB: 8:27pm On Mar 29, 2020
Hmmm this may not be an insider job cos the insider is not likely to know your pin. I advise you check the card with you well.Cos without ur PIN nothing moves from ur account .Most time people use Atm and POS in an exposed condition.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by henzy4life: 8:29pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:

I didn't get any email notifications of these transactions apart the 6k+, neither did I get the OTp token before transactions are initiated.

this is POS fraud which could be done using the Security number at the back of ur ATM card,u don't need to loss the ATM card B4 such fraud could be done rather, the fraudster can just copy the no or snap the ATM card,that's all. That the money is in ledger balance doesn't mean u can access it nor the bank, the debit transaction has been perfected already and it can't be traced nor recovered, I have seen SEVERAL cases like that. Sorry for ur loss,close the account and always be careful with ur subsequent ATM cards,u don't need to loss them B4 fraud can take place, just ensure that no one sees the card at all
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by AFONJACOW(m): 8:30pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:

someone lay hand stole16 digit PIN on ur ATM , some of this online purchase like Alibaba express don't need pin or otp
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by powerdiode(m): 8:31pm On Mar 29, 2020
I believe thier Staffs is involved, my wife experience something like this and call thier attention to it but nothing was done . . . We have to close the account and informed all my family and we have stopped using the bank .... it is one of the most useless and non-responsive bank for the century
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Origin(f): 8:31pm On Mar 29, 2020
Hope you have been visiting fraudulent sites. Or filling banking information online.

POS transactions and online transactions should require card PIN or OTP.

The bank may be liable.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by modskiller(m): 8:31pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:
The fraudulent transactions total value is still held in my ledger balance. The strange things is there is no notification receive for the other transactions and they are not in deposit history as well.
Since it’s an international transaction I am very sure the intermediary bank is yet to credit the receiving bank, so it’s best you call the attention of your bank as they will surely know the receiving bank to inform them of fraudulent transaction coming in and it should be held and refunded
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by newdawn77(m): 8:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
BigBabyJesus:
Paystack is not safe.
You don't know what you are saying. You better keep quiet.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by Marley147: 8:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
dicksonadams:

From what am seeing some people here are part of this fraudsters. Trying convince you in one way or the other. Bro abeg go for your money. Good luck.
Re: Over N400k Got Debited From My Stanbic IBTC Account Overnight (Pics) by thymm50(m): 8:33pm On Mar 29, 2020
How safe is money in an account with expired ATM card, but I can still use short code to make transfer?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method / Folorunsho Alakija And Her Husband, Modupe Separate After 30 Years Of Marriage / Huge Pile Of Naira Notes Stored At Someone's Home (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.