Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,767 members, 7,875,924 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 02:21 AM

Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money (68312 Views)

I Hate My Life, I'll Make Sure My Father Suffers At Old Age. / If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? / Never Marry A Woman who Is Financially And Academically Ahead Of You As A Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by efosky1246(m): 9:53pm On Apr 01, 2020
Poorboy:
if you die now i mean today, how will your children survive?

That's when your so cherished wife will start messing around sleeping with Everyman that comes her way only to feed the family.

Think responsibly you're not in the stone age.

there is something called investments Sir.

I don't have time for too much back and forth. got work to do but to each his own. I've seen different relationship dynamics and I know what I want and I am working towards it.

Thanks and Good night
Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by Poorboy: 9:55pm On Apr 01, 2020
efosky1246:

there is something called investments Sir.

I don't have time for too much back and forth. got work to do but to each his own. I've seen different relationship dynamics and I know what I want and I am working towards it.

Thanks and Good night
Noted
Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by CanadaOrBust: 12:06am On Apr 02, 2020
Quinex:
Lol...Who knows (@ the bolded)?
I'm quite fine but the lockdown hasn't been funny. But trust humans, we would adapt. How do you do too?

Who knows indeed. But we actually have the power to make things happen if we really want to; we humans like to pretend things are beyond our control. This lockdown, I’ve actually been working - on the web. I lost the email to this account. Is there another way to contact?
Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by victorian(f): 1:11am On Apr 02, 2020
2buffagain:

You sound like a bitter old crow. grin
"Oh woe is me. I shall never love again. All men are dogs. I managed to make small pocket change and that is all these men want. yada yada blah blah."
All pure idiocy, but you are entitled to your idiocy.
Like I said in the OP, you girls should be done with your "Bad boy phase" and develop some damn wisdom. You sound too old to still be thinking like a teenager.

If that is what you have convinced yourself to be the case, then Look for men on your financial level and let us hear word abeg.
Men should also look for women in their general financial level or path.
That is the whole point of this thread.

If you cannot ATTRACT and PICK genuine men, then that's on you, not anybody else.

When u are done with your concocted lies and fallacy, u will go and sleep.
I'm perfectly at peace with my choice of keeping any man saying I love at arm's length.

If you don't like It? Biko kill ya sef! I'm less concerned.

There is No genuine man in Nigeria anymore. That's the truth.
I'm better off without u guys talking from two sides of your mouth.

Guys on nairaland are terrible pretenders. God forbid!

Lemme sleep my beauty sleep. Y'all can rant from now till eternity!
Smmmmhhhh
Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 02, 2020
Kingarthur21:
ugly blob like you. You stated your points,I stated mine and you are now pained because you don't have a rebuttal.

Fu..ck off sore loser, and fix your pitiful self instead of trolling Ubunja,redpillers and ladies you call pick mesh a...
Look at how sore you are because you have been vanquished. Was that not how you became bitter with Ubunja because he outsmarted you in a debate and you came to this forum to defame him?

Belafonte you ask how one can be ugly,bitter and dumb at the same time ....HERE IS YOUR ANSWER,funmi is the triple threat

Get a life.
I think I need an online restraining order against you.
Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by Kingarthur21: 9:14am On Apr 02, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
I think I need an online restraining order against you.

when you clearly started the rudeness in this case,were you not the one that insulted me and called me low effort man when I came in peace and was engaging you in a constructive argument? You started it this time around
All the while of trolling Ubunja have you gotten yourself a restraining order?
Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by Nobody: 9:19am On Apr 02, 2020
Kingarthur21:
when you clearly started the rudeness in this case,were you not the one that insulted me and called me low effort man when I came in peace and was engaging you in a constructive argument? You started it this time around
All the while of trolling Ubunja have you gotten yourself a restraining order?
how you managed to put your monicker and constructive argument in the same sentence is mind boggling. You can't even control your emotions. I'll ignore you for now, but if you continue to disturb or mention me, you won't like the results. I'll swat you like a fly.
Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by Gandollaar(f): 9:27am On Apr 02, 2020
efosky1246:

strong partner indeed.

sha don't fall prey to all this criminally-minded men who'll leach off of you.

Good night.
My last born is four years.
Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by Kingarthur21: 9:45am On Apr 02, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
how you managed to put your monicker and constructive argument in the same sentence is mind boggling. You can't even control your emotions. I'll ignore you for now, but if you continue to disturb or mention me, you won't like the results. I'll swat you like a fly.
shut your sorry a$$ .

1 Like

Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by Nobody: 6:53pm On Apr 02, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

Who knows indeed. But we actually have the power to make things happen if we really want to; we humans like to pretend things are beyond our control.
Some things actually are beyond our control....though I wouldn't say it is absolute.
88006399:
This lockdown, I’ve actually been working - on the web.
I lost the email to this account. Is there another way to contact?
Okay. Take care.
Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by CanadaOrBust: 7:16pm On Apr 02, 2020
Quinex:
Some things actually are beyond our control....though I wouldn't say it is absolute.

Of course
Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by CanadaOrBust: 9:33pm On Apr 02, 2020
Quinex:
Okay. Take care.

Just now found out u can actually change your Nairaland email address.
Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by BabbanBura(m): 11:58am On Apr 11, 2020
victorian:

When u are done with your concocted lies and fallacy, u will go and sleep.
I'm perfectly at peace with my choice of keeping any man saying I love at arm's length.

If you don't like It? Biko kill ya sef! I'm less concerned.

There is No genuine man in Nigeria anymore. That's the truth.
I'm better off without u guys talking from two sides of your mouth.

Guys on nairaland are terrible pretenders. God forbid!

Lemme sleep my beauty sleep. Y'all can rant from now till eternity!
Smmmmhhhh

Babe kilonshele?
Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by Toseenlove: 12:20pm On Apr 11, 2020
josen16322:
wen som women start makin cash more dan their husband dey wil be like i am now d head of d family i can provide half of d tins my children needs be4 u kno it d husband wil be talkin one d wife wil be talkin 2 no more respect 4d husband dis incident is hapenin in my compound dat is y women can neva rule dis country becos wen dey start 2 earn more dan their husband,dem go form pass shit angry

I understand this Is not an easy task to handle. But trust me, most african men still lives In the dark ages....You guys need to Improvise and drop this una mentality....
Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by Toseenlove: 12:30pm On Apr 11, 2020
mezarddinny:
i always tell people, it doesn't matter how much i make, my wife must have a good source of income, not just earning o but her income must be sizeable. I am not a control freak and see no reason why my wife must always abide by my rules, if what she says makes sense, we follow it, if she makes the better decision then she will be the one to decide on important issues. The reason why a young hustler will decide to marry and then marry a jobless woman in times like this beats me, i have never understood the reason and i probably never will.

i believe there are good women who earn well and they are not rude or condescending and i won't settle for less if i ever decide to get married

These are the reasons when you look very closely

1.A Lover Of Pussie
2.Uneducated
3.Educated Illiterate
4.Low IQ
5.Yielding To Societal Pressure
6.Poor Orientation
7.Poor Family Background
8.Small Minded People
9.Sudden Pregnancy

I can't be absolutely wrong 100% with these my assertions. I have some of them In my neighborhood. I assist them sometimes.....It's very pathetic. I wouldn't like to go Into details.....
Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by victorian(f): 2:41pm On Apr 11, 2020
BabbanBura:

Babe kilonshele?

Not all jare

I rephrase .

I was simply unfortunate to meet the vulture like ones here .

But some are angels and sincere .

Don't mind me. I was angry with someone I met at that time I posted it . I shouldnt have generalize .
Everything is fine . I thank God
Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by BabbanBura(m): 3:15pm On Apr 11, 2020
victorian:

Not all jare

I rephrase .

I was simply unfortunate to meet the vulture like ones here .

But some are angels and sincere .

Don't mind me. I was angry with someone I met at that time I posted it . I shouldnt have generalize .
Everything is fine . I thank God

Cool, it shall be fine las las!!
Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by victorian(f): 3:26pm On Apr 11, 2020
BabbanBura:

Cool, it shall be fine las las!!

Its already fine .

I thank God .

God will always bless all the good men on Nairaland in Jesus name amen .

While the bad men? Will be paid back by their own coin in Jesus name Amen .

Its well

1 Like

Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by akaahs(m): 5:21pm On Apr 11, 2020
mezarddinny:
i always tell people, it doesn't matter how much i make, my wife must have a good source of income, not just earning o but her income must be sizeable. I am not a control freak and see no reason why my wife must always abide by my rules, if what she says makes sense, we follow it, if she makes the better decision then she will be the one to decide on important issues. the reason why a young hustler will decide to marry and then marry a jobless woman in times like this beats me, i have never understood the reason and i probably never will.

i believe there are good women who earn well and they are not rude or condescending and i won't settle for less if i ever decide to get married
We in the same boat but I ll never accept is disrespect from her
Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by Justcul(m): 5:30am On Apr 12, 2020
ravensckar:
I don't know who you are, but I pray that the Most High will bless you abundantly for this. What most men fail to realize is that the moment a woman too start bringing home money, things will turn chaotic in that house. Let me use myself as an example. My first two years of marriage was the most peaceful and enjoyable. You know why? My wife wasn't working then. She looks after our child, takes care of the house, cook me good meals such that I started getting fat. Whenever I'm out for work, I always feel like going home to meet my sweet and loving wife. Everything was going peacefully until boom....

I used my own hand find trouble. I helped her get a job. She started with 60K salary, then, things started to change. After a short while, she decided to go into trading. After gathering my savings and obtaining a loan at my place of work. She started something. That was when the 'devil' in her show face.

She started disrespecting me, now, if I talk one, she'll talk five. It got so worse that she comes home around past 10 and you know what that means; no delicious dinner, no hot sex, no conversation or lovey lovey talk because she's very tired. Things got so worse that she doesn't even have time for her kid. She sometimes send the poor child to child on bike without even accompanying her.

We don quarrel tire. Papa talk, mama put mouth, relative settle quarrel, all to no avail. Now, I've applied the greatest gift of all; patience. I no longer let her actions bother me again. Need I even tell you that she doesn't contribute 'shishi' to the running of the house? Yes, you heard me clearly.

Why am I typing this? It's so those of you who are about to get married know the implication of your choice. A woman who does petty trading may not assist you financially, but she'll give you that peace of mind and make the marriage enjoyable. A woman who makes as much as you earn may not afford you that luxury of a peaceful marriage, but one way or the other, she'll assist you financially in running the house. Please and please, let nobody tell me that there's any woman who can contribute financially and still give her best in the marriage. I'm yet to find one.

PS- having accepted my cross, I resorted to giving myself peace through my watching movies, playing playstation, hanging out with my gees and focusing on my job. One woman no fit scatter my head o jere.
Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by 2buffagain(m): 6:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
libertyfather:

This is just coming in late, full of regret now

Bros wetin happen? Share your story.
Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by Luminary1(f): 7:32pm On Apr 29, 2020
Thanks for your patrotic inputs guy's.

Broke ladies are liabilities grin

1 Like

Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by 2buffagain(m): 5:52pm On May 06, 2020
emmanuelewumi:
If you check my writings and contributions on Nairaland you will find out that I am very active in the investment section.

Character and good attitude is very important. Especially when you have a supportive spouse.

A lady who is a full house wife once sent a private chat to me on what she could invest N10 million on. I asked her how she got the fund, she said she gets paid a salary of 150k every month by the husband which she had been saving for the past 5 years, she inflated school fees and other house hold expenses, and the expenses the husband spends on his in-laws. Unfortunately this was a time the husband needed N5 million to execute a project that will give a profit of over N2 million to the man.

I asked why can't she loan her husband the money, she said the husband will stop all he had been doing for if he knew she has over N10 million in her name.

I sha helped her to open a money market fund account with one of the Investment banking firms at Ikoyi Lagos.

LOL case in point!

How many investments would that couple have had by now openly if someone was not trying to overdo the housewife matter.
Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 06, 2020
2buffagain:
Gentlemen. The reality of living in the 20th century has changed, and so must every notion formed from previous days that no longer hold weight today.

Women are not the only ones who should be asking what you do.
You should also be asking her what she does....and guaging her wifeability from her response.
Nobody likes to suffer...yourself included. So why sign up for a lifetime of every financial request of your immediate family (and possibly both your extended families ) coming to just you alone?

Gone are the days where families survived on one income alone. Those days, houses in Nigeria used to cost #5M or less. These same houses now cost well over #30M.

I can bet your income did not also inflate 6x over the same time.

The reality is that you need a wife who also brings something home, and honestly it should hopefully be around the same (or more God willing) of what you pull in.

This way one person's income can cover the family stuff and the other person's income goes towardssavings/investments/emergencies/joblessness buffering/ etc. Your family will go farther and you can even both retire earlier if this is done right.

Also Naija guys please, have some respect for yourself.
If you meet a girl and she has the mental configuration of always wanting money from you, just know that she is not the one.

As a sister here once said, "A girl who truly likes you, won't ask you for money...unless it's bad and you are her last resort."
Na woman talk am. Believe that sister. Peep that one game from her, and most of you will be alright.

If a girl really likes you, she'll be too busy trying to think of ways to be an asset to your life or impress you...not a taker.

Get you a girl who makes her money with a good source of income and who understands that her income is to be included in plans.

You have been told.
You should be done with your broke girl phase right about now (much like how women should be done with their bad boy stage).
It does nothing for your life.

NOTE: I am not saying go and marry an idiot because she makes money.... Obviously.
You are still looking for a good wife, who just ALSO happens to be equipped with income and/or good income prospects and drive.
of course very important
Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by Theophinio(m): 10:40pm On May 24, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

So what u want is a girl with solid character who can weather any storm with u and without u, even if she doesn’t have much at the moment. The important thing is the character. That job may be gone tomorrow. She could be sleeping around but with good money/job. She may want nothing to do with home but always all about business and money-making. U sure that’s what u want? So u see the answer is not so simple. What has worked through the ages is: the man goes out to bring and they MANAGE whatever he brings, while the woman takes care of the home! Nothing prevents her from doing small time jobs or biz. Once the children are grown she can then go big time

This is it
Absolutely in support of this analysis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by Theophinio(m): 11:28pm On May 24, 2020
efosky1246:

It disgusts me when men try to make it seem like if a woman doesn't contribute financially, then she's good as useless.

I am really concerned about the loss of sense of responsibility from men nowadays. When did it become a taboo for you to make the money yourself and let your wife run the homefront. The Asians have been doing this for years and they're not complaining, hence why the family unit is strong and their children turn out as responsible adults and contribute meaningfully to their family and society at large.

You guys make it seem like marriage is some kind of business venture.if not for anything, be a man for your children, they need a parent to look after them at least in their tender years.

Have you not seen homes were both husband and wife are financially well to do but the children are nothing to write home about.

A woman can support at times financially but you going into a relationship looking for a woman who you'll share bills with just shows the quality of a man that you are.

Thank You Sir
I will stick with this Advice
This is how it was made by the Creator from the very beginning, deviating from the original norm brings unrest in the "Home"

1 Like

Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by 2buffagain(m): 7:31pm On Jun 03, 2020
bluefilm:

My wife will be a full time 100% housewife... if she's okay with that.

I don't need her for her money for whatsoever reason at all, so why would I even bother if she's making some money or not?

Thank God for all these work at home opportunities.

She can pick anyone that interests her... again, if she's okay with that.

Her working from home does not make her a housewife.
Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by 2buffagain(m): 9:49pm On Jun 03, 2020
libertyfather:

This is just coming in late, full of regret now

Share your story. Wetin dey happen?
Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by PhillipPHD(m): 12:29am On Jun 07, 2020
Complex issue
Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by PhillipPHD(m): 12:57am On Jun 07, 2020
Reduces your burdens and reduces your benefits

1 Like

Re: Make Sure You Marry A Woman Who Makes Money by BigBashiru: 5:24pm On Aug 28, 2022
sweetrace:
Women make sure you marry a man who makes good money. Then he won’t be interested in making you a source of income. He will be willing and able to provide for his family.

Even as a rich man i still want my wife to demonstrate some diligence by generating income she uses to support herself..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House / Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby / Lady Features Her Dead Husband In Her Nude Maternity Photoshoot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.