Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,884 members, 7,909,337 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 11:09 PM

Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde (80594 Views)

August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde / Nnamdi Kanu Arrested In Czech Republic - PM News / Seyi Makinde Visits Demolished Fresh FM In Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:14pm On Apr 03, 2020
bigiyaro:
the rate at which the virus is spreading, is it not obvious that WHO and the "experts" are not knowledgeable about the virus and their recommendations are not working? Mr a get has the virus coughs and sneeze on people all the way from Lagos to abuja, after 12 days he falls sick and starts putting on a mask, mean while all those that contacted the virus from him will keep distributing it until they fall sick and wear mask. does this senerio make any sense to you?

The recommendations of the experts are working.

If Americans had followed the recommendations 3-4 weeks ago, they will not be recording high number of cases and deaths in one day.

Those dying today were those probably infected 3 weeks ago when Americans were still refusing to follow the recommendations of experts.

This virus has an incubation period of many days, sometimes up to 27 days.

So, it is not like the recommendations are not working. Rather, the decision of many not to follow these recommendations is the reason why the virus is still waxing strong.

The best way to stop this virus is to prevent it from entering into bodies. So, if everyone can stay under lockdown for 3-4 weeks, the virus would not be able to jump from persons to persons. It can't survive long outside the body, so it would die.

And there are only three masks that are effective at reducing the chances of contracting the disease. And even these masks are not 100% virus proof. They are 95%

But the face masks which I have seen many people wear here in Nigeria do not protect against the virus. They provide 0% protection.

You are better off listening to the recommendations of the expert if you want to be safe.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Kay25(m): 1:14pm On Apr 03, 2020
sammyj:
........ Silence is the best for a f.......
enn wise person among fools baba ode ni
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Oyecute(m): 1:16pm On Apr 03, 2020
laurel03:
media sense.. Most of you outside Oyo should always ask for images of GSM projects.. Especially not anything Ajimobi almost done finished before he left. I am Anti Ajimobi but Seyi is still performing below reasonable people expectations in Oyo state forget media and polongo system of government seyi still Audio Governor.
He will soon start building skyscrapers so that some of you can see development at the expense of people's sustenance. You think Ibadan is oyo state. Go to northern Oyo state (Oke-Ogun) and see how ajimobi paralyzed things there, Seyi is just giving most people hope that it would be corrected. The number of project Ajimobi left undone shouldn't be completed abi, just because Seyi must make a statement. Ajimobi that takes 40% and contractors eventually ran away. Oyo doesn't have the centre backing of Abuja any longer and not ready to use Lagos as template due to different circumstances. Governance is not about starting constructions that would end up impacting on the basic sustainers of life.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Iceberg3: 1:18pm On Apr 03, 2020
sammyj:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Thank you. They lack sense what happens if we are out of face mask They are all ignoramus !!!

Smh...if face masks runs out, provisions will still be made nah.... Hi be real abboooki,walai!!!
How do you think at all!!!?
grin
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by roybanjo100(m): 1:18pm On Apr 03, 2020
holuwashezy:
Oyo State governor, Engr Seyi Makinde has said that the state doesn't need to go the Lagos, Ogun, Osun and Ekiti way on total lockdown before the spread of coronavirus can be curbed.

Makinde said during a phone call conversation to a popular radio station in Ibadan on Tuesday.

The governor who reiterated that everything that can be done to prevent the spread of Covid-19 in Oyo State is on the table, that the government will continue to assess the situation and take additional measures where necessary.

Quoting the governor verbatim, he said "Yes, Lagos can be on lockdown, Ogun can be on lockdown, Oyo State, yes, people have been saying have a total lockdown and then I have been asking them questions. What will be the benefits here? Are there alternative courses of action for us to take? If you ask people not to come out, you lock down the market places, there are people who what they sell today - the profit from today’s activities is what they will eat tomorrow. There are plenty of people like that within our environment. So, are there alternatives available to us? Can we do selective lockdowns? That’s why I imposed the curfew.

"I think, everything is on the table but it has to follow a logical pattern and it will need the input of experts. We are not just going to lockdown because everyone is looking down.

"I have been watching CNN and the most successful place right now in containing this is the Czech Republic. And one of the things they brought out is that they made a law that if you must leave your house, you must wear a mask. It may be that route for us to go.
I have asked them to start evaluating that. If we must make that law and say everybody that must go out must wear a mask, then, how about those who cannot afford it. Can we make masks locally? Can we get our artisans and our tailors to commit to that with the government supporting? So, those are the type of solutions we are looking for."

https://mobile.twitter.com/seyiamakinde/status/1245012510937415688
this is the one sensible governor have seen so far
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by HMarshal(m): 1:20pm On Apr 03, 2020
Neoteny7:

The WHO is revising that earlier recommendation.

A mask is better than no mask, even for the uninfected.

Bless u
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Brozules(m): 1:20pm On Apr 03, 2020
afroniger:

Enough of the false hype. Time is fast running out so he needs to come up with a definite plan. As we speak the state is operating as if there's no governor in place. Life's still going on as if there's no coronavirus, perhaps the ONLY state in Nigeria that is still doing that even when states like Anambra that don't have a single case are being more proactive. If he truly put the people first as you claim he wouldn't have held that infamous rally against better judgement. This sycophancy of the governor needs to end if he's to make progress. He needs to act NOW, enough talk please.

The guy already mentioned his plans, they're trying to evaluate it before reaching a conclusion.
Stay at home, stay at home, will you feed people?
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by jessica127: 1:26pm On Apr 03, 2020
There's is total lockdown because of this deadly coronavirus.
Now, we started killing our time in the kitchen. I have tried more than 32 new recipes.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by uzo1966: 1:26pm On Apr 03, 2020
Eecho:
That man gives no fuuuck about APC and their blind policies ... Nah person wey dey consider the poor ..Nice one
Sure! He doesn't care about APC policies; that's how he contracted CINVID-19 via his useless PDP rally! Same rally that's now threatening Oyo people!

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by idealogical: 1:31pm On Apr 03, 2020
Eecho:
That man gives no fuuuck about APC and their blind policies ... Nah person wey dey consider the poor ..Nice one

What's APC got to do with public safety?

Was APC also responsible for his follies to stage rally and endanger his people?

Was APC also responsible for his foolishness to expose himself with davido and not to practice social distancing?

Was APC the reason why while other states are getting ready for the Virus and creating taskforce and isolation centers, he was doing absolutely nothing until he was forced to do so?

What's next? He tested positive because of APC.
Dead poor people can not eat or make it to the market to sell anything.

Your health and safety is more important, but of course, the man is so clueless, naive, immature and blind to sane logic and rational.

He'll back and apologize again after fukkingg up because this is one of his foolishness in the making.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 03, 2020
sammyj:
This man lacks deep thinking or does this implies that all Oyo state residents are already infected or sick Because from a professional point of views and recommendations from WHO and CDC only medical personnel and sick people should be wearing face masks!! cool

Shut up and stop being ignorant. From recent studies, facemasks will hell reduce the spread of the virus.

Counties are now telling their citizens to wear face masks

Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by idealogical: 1:42pm On Apr 03, 2020
Rome is burning, but the idiot is watching CNN instead of coming up with sensible and practical ideas to protect his people.

You don't have masks, you can not make anything at the moment to protect the people with and even our ways, attitude, sense of responsibility and societal culture is not the same like the Czecks.

You can not leave the people exposed and let the virus spread me take hold before your are even able to obtain the mask and then get into the logistics of distributing the masks, and that's even if it's going to be free or for sale.

What are you doing or going to do at the moment to protect the people at least until you finish watching CNN for ideas.

This man shouldn't be governing anything, he's too reckless, irresponsible and inept.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by idealogical: 1:50pm On Apr 03, 2020
Meninmen:

Shut up and stop being ignorant. From recent studies, facemasks will hell reduce the spread of the virus.

Mask are helpful, but the people advocating mask usage won't dare advocate against lock down and social distancing, something the governor knows nothing about hence carelessly testing positive himself.

I guess no sane policy or program to protect the people untill he finished watching CNN, until he figured out how to obtain masks for millions of people, set up logistics to make it available to millions of people in every town, village and corners of his state.

For now, the people are on their own, they can keep exposing themselves and spreading the virus all over the state.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by sucess001(m): 1:53pm On Apr 03, 2020
sammyj:
This man lacks deep thinking or does this implies that all Oyo state residents are already infected or sick Because from a professional point of views and recommendations from WHO and CDC only medical personnel and sick people should be wearing face masks!! cool

The guy is far more sensible than you. If you have been following developments like he is...you will realise that WHO has been making errors on covid...in fact, they have contributed to its spread. They first said it was not infectious human to human. They later revised that. Then they said it wasnt airborne. They reversed that. Now facemasks....they are about to reverse it. Go and google cnn...you will see the analysis on it. They said people shud not use masks so that there wont be shortage...not that it isnt effective. Why then do they recomend masks for health care givers?...mankind is thinking....you are not...same as the others just blindly following the lockdown culture
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by BennyDGreat: 1:53pm On Apr 03, 2020
otipoju:

1.Had to go buy extra groceries and baby essentials for my children.
2.Went to buy a soccer ball so I can get something to exercise with.
3.Egg don finish for house and Indomie no sweet without egg.
4.Ink for my printer.
5.Lemons and other vitamin C rich fruits to boost immunity.

For real, only reason 1 was good enough. All the rest na restlessness cause am .

Also the more I learned about the disease, the more I stopped fearing it. The elderly, and those with preexisting health issues and low immunity are the most vulnerable.

I should be more careful though. Prevention is better than cure. I've been taking Theraflu with Alomo bitters every 3 days for like one month now as my own personal protection.

Everything ti poju. Protection yen po ooo. I like the fact you acknowledge that only reason 1 was good. Stay safe so you can have long life to spend the owo to poju grin
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by sammyj: 2:13pm On Apr 03, 2020
...... ........
Meninmen:

Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by sammyj: 2:15pm On Apr 03, 2020
..... let wait and see. grin I laugh in Jakartu language for you grin
Iceberg3:

Smh...if face masks runs out, provisions will still be made nah.... Hi be real abboooki,walai!!!
How do you think at all!!!?
grin
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by sammyj: 2:16pm On Apr 03, 2020
You lack morals that is what I can see here!!!
Qadaffi2idiamin:
You brain I'd filled with cow shit..

How do you lock somebody indoors without providing alternatives for the person to survive?

I'm very sure your father is one of those politicians that loot our resources anyhow.

Shattap there
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by sammyj: 2:18pm On Apr 03, 2020
Good thinking. Thank you for the contribution!!
bigiyaro:
we can't run short of face masks if resources are pulled into its production, imagine the billions being dashed to the APC cabal are put into the production of face masks.... everybody has a phone, every body can get a mask.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Epistasis(m): 2:22pm On Apr 03, 2020
Qadaffi2idiamin:
You brain I'd filled with cow shit..

How do you lock somebody indoors without providing alternatives for the person to survive?

I'm very sure your father is one of those politicians that loot our resources anyhow.

Shattap there

Kudos bro, God bless you richly.
Those people who are stupidly shouting lock down Oyo state don't have the kind of information at the governor's disposal, all they rely on is social media and the likes, will you inflict pains on people without any sensible reason?, no!.
GSM is one of the smartest political leaders in Nigeria and I believe if there is the need for total shot down, he won't hesitate to do so, most of the other governors are just doing copy and paste without using their reasoning.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by MT: 2:34pm On Apr 03, 2020
zabuur:

U don't even understand d situation. Czech republic way. Oyo state people would start borrowing masks now like borrowing salt from neighbour. U need to understand ur environment b4 making laws. Not copying from another environment with entirely different orientation and culture

This was d same man that launched nylon cover for bike riders calling it innovation whilst some came online to praise d move.

Same person that appointed an SA who's now fixing bill boards across d state capital showing off he's now an SA.
Abi, with his 50b declared networth, can't he personally help feed d poor during lockdown and call billionaires like him in d state instead of allowing people to move around with just masks.
I won't blame him, he has a team he gives instructions to rather than a team that can come up with ideas running d state.

Thank you. I detest Ajimobi with a passion but this current governor is poor in administration but effective in social media hype. I was shocked to see Taye currency billboards as SA on culture and tourism littering the roads in Oyo State. And he appointed his very own wife (the governor's wife) to head SACA. I give up on him already. Sadly people outside Oyo State won't know this.

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by olagbola45(m): 2:50pm On Apr 03, 2020
I pity oyo well watin b my own enjoy
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by LivingSage: 2:52pm On Apr 03, 2020
Seriously he's putting Oyo citizens into serious danger. Those I have their said many have contracted covid-19 unknowingly and keep spreading due to free movements. They're (citizen) the one even advising themselves not to go out. GSM is taking very dump decision and I pray it doesn't count on the citizen ultimately. Those praising him doesn't think deeply. "Eni ba da'gba nii j'olubadan" literally means IT'S ONE WHO LIVES LONG THAT BECOMES IBADAN KING... being alive should be prioritize than this nonsense
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by otipoju(m): 2:54pm On Apr 03, 2020
Acmepreneur:

US is not big deal yet, you dey one Anambra village and you dey brag say you went to all US stores. Don't worry, I'm sure corona no fit enter the village you dey for Anambra state CX people don't flow in and out since you don't have electricity.
You are Roaming the world in an ancient government forgotten village. You better talk to your representative, so that he can mention you people in the senate and they can give you electricity

I'll leave you to stew in your ignorance. And like I said if you continue with this your self limiting mind set, you will never progress in life.

Nairaland for you is where to come and abuse people anonymously. For others it's something much more meaningful.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Tomsas: 2:57pm On Apr 03, 2020
afroniger:

Enough of the false hype. Time is fast running out so he needs to come up with a definite plan. As we speak the state is operating as if there's no governor in place. Life's still going on as if there's no coronavirus, perhaps the ONLY state in Nigeria that is still doing that even when states like Anambra that don't have a single case are being more proactive. If he truly put the people first as you claim he wouldn't have held that infamous rally against better judgement. This sycophancy of the governor needs to end if he's to make progress. He needs to act NOW, enough talk please.

I Want to believe it is the residents in your area that fail completely to comply with the directive of the government or probably fail to adhere to the different sensitization campaigns by the government. The usual hustling and bustling Ojoo is almost a ghost of itself on daily basis. Seyi Makinde was the next governor after Sanwoolu to establish a testing centre at UCH without the input or concern of the FG despite a case in Ibadan. Or was there any in UCH before now coz it seems you know Ibadan very well. The Infectious disease control at Olodo, a hospital commissioned by the former gov't only for them to move out every equipment over night was one of the centres renovated by Seyi with all equipments in place including the purchase of 60kva generator. Or was there any before now? Yes, so many people expect total lockdown in Ibadan, the question is how many of Ibadan residents are salary earners? Why didn't the FG declare Oyo state as one of the States on total lockdown despite seven reported cases of COVID-19 as against Ogun state with two reported cases yet was chosen as one of the states. Tell us the proactive measures he has not taken that other governors including the FG have taken?
Did you know with partial lockdown, foodstuff are getting skyrocketed on daily basis? Did you know Rivers state governor has relaxed the lockdown proclamation in some part of the state? My person, this matter is a serious one that needs wisdom to tackle. We don't need to lockdown millions of people who depend on daily income to survive. Doing that may bring up even a more calamitous actions.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by xcelentattitude(m): 3:07pm On Apr 03, 2020
zabuur:

U don't even understand d situation. Czech republic way. Oyo state people would start borrowing masks now like borrowing salt from neighbour. U need to understand ur environment b4 making laws. Not copying from another environment with entirely different orientation and culture

This was d same man that launched nylon cover for bike riders calling it innovation whilst some came online to praise d move.

Same person that appointed an SA who's now fixing bill boards across d state capital showing off he's now an SA.
Abi, with his 50b declared networth, can't he personally help feed d poor during lockdown and call billionaires like him in d state instead of allowing people to move around with just masks.
I won't blame him, he has a team he gives instructions to rather than a team that can come up with ideas running d state.

These are the words of a dunce! sad

Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by idealogical: 3:07pm On Apr 03, 2020
Tomsas:

I Want to believe it is the residents in your area that fail completely to comply with the directive of the government or probably fail to adhere to the different sensitization campaigns by the government. The usual hustling and bustling Ojoo is almost a ghost of itself on daily basis. Seyi Makinde was the next governor after Sanwoolu to establish a testing centre at UCH without the input or concern of the FG despite a case in Ibadan. Or was there any in UCH before now coz it seems you know Ibadan very well. The Infectious disease control at Olodo, a hospital commissioned by the former gov't only for them to move out every equipment over night was one of the centres renovated by Seyi with all equipments in place including the purchase of 60kva generator. Or was there any before now? Yes, so many people expect total lockdown in Ibadan, the question is how many of Ibadan residents are salary earners? Why didn't the FG declare Oyo state as one of the States on total lockdown despite seven reported cases of COVID-19 as against Ogun state with two reported cases yet was chosen as one of the states. Tell us the proactive measures he has not taken that other governors including the FG have taken?
Did you know with partial lockdown, foodstuff are getting skyrocketed on daily basis? Did you know Rivers state governor has relaxed the lockdown proclamation in some part of the state? My person, this matter is a serious one that needs wisdom to tackle. We don't need to lockdown millions of people who depend on daily income to survive. Doing that may bring up even a more calamitous actions.

Are you talking about the same man who didn't even care or take the virus issue seriously? He did not react to the virus issue until after getting slammed for cluelessly and ignorantly staging a rally and mocking and making fun of other people just because they asked him not to stage any rally.

It was after getting slammed that he finally staged a news conference to pay attention to the issue by setting up a taskforce that other states already put in place for weeks and months.

The same lack of seriousness was the reason why he exposed himself by allowing Davido to visit him, sat next to him when the rest of the world was practicing social distancing, even after issuing a ban other, he didn't even ask Davido not to stage concerts, he let him stage the concerts and expose his own people.

Yes, while he's watching CNN and talking rubbish about masks, the people are on their own exposing themselves and passing the virus all over the place.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Charly68: 3:24pm On Apr 03, 2020
This is my man not a copy cat ,we must customize our strategy to the benefit of those we govern ..More wisdom sir
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by ogaga100: 3:30pm On Apr 03, 2020
afroniger:

lies, everything is still normal in kano as well. Do u want people to die of hunger virus? He's been proactive by going this way. I prefer going the opposite way n get result than following the crowd
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by BluntTheApostle(m): 3:30pm On Apr 03, 2020
sucess001:

The guy is far more sensible than you. If you have been following developments like he is...you will realise that WHO has been making errors on covid... in fact, they have contributed to its spread. They first said it was not infectious human to human. They later revised that. Then they said it wasnt airborne. They reversed that. Now facemasks....they are about to reverse it. Go and google cnn...you will see the analysis on it. They said people shud not use masks so that there wont be shortage...not that it isnt effective. Why then do they recomend masks for health care givers?...mankind is thinking....you are not...same as the others just blindly following the lockdown culture

If you understand how science works, you won't type the bold.

First of all, science is dynamic, which means it is solely dependent on research and further research.

Moreover, viruses can evolve quickly creating a major challenge for science.

So, what you think is error may just be the virus fooling us and not necessarily a mistake in study or research or information.

For example, the virus appeared to avoid warmer climate due to comparison in case numbers from one China city to another. There were no cases recorded in warmer cities, so experts documented the virus as not able to thrive in warmer cities. And due to the situation of things, especially the infectious rate of the disease, the luxury of comprehensive research was not feasible. But just when it was seeming like the virus affects only cold places, it evolved to adapt to warmer cities.

As at the time the WHO published some of the behaviors of the virus, there were no study that had found the virus to be airborne.

That is the beauty of science. You make a point that others must then test in an attempt to falsify. The virus did not show that it was airborne. But then, it probably evolved and became airborne, as well as packing more of itself into a single cough unlike before.

Most face masks cannot protect you. Only about 3 types of masks provide 95% protection.

Cloth masks (which is what I am seeing around) don't protect against the virus.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Qoko: 3:48pm On Apr 03, 2020
I pray some guys in Oyo, Aba or Anambra use their conterminous hands to pack face masks and people put on their face.
Re: Lockdown: Oyo Might Go Czech Republic Way - Seyi Makinde by Manageme: 3:54pm On Apr 03, 2020
Wow, this governor is so smart I like his style of handling issues. May God give us more leaders that reason like this man.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Tony Oneweek: "Why Didn't Police Investigate E-Money's Poverty?" / Oshiomhole's Face When Iara Greets VP Osinbajo (Caption The Pic) / Update On Developments in Ebonyi state (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.